IGNORED

A fat person dared to get in my pro-life picture

formergothardite

That was not an apology. That was an "I'm not going to accept any blame for any of my actions or admit what I did wrong, but now I can claim I "apologized" but the meanies at Free Jinger are still persecuting me! See, nothing I do will make them leave me alone. I am being persecuted for Christ!" post.

Since your version of being a Christian doesn't teach people by the age of 19 how to actually apologize, let this godless atheist do it. I may not have Jesus in my heart, but I do know how to admit when I'm wrong and say I'm sorry.

I'm still watching. And laughing a little. :-) I've gotten one fanatic telling me that if I make a public blog post saying all of you here are right and that I deserve to go to hell they would donate $1,000 to my missions fund. HA! Not happening.

You don't start an aplogy this way. From what I can tell from this, you don't think you did anything wrong and you don't deserve to go to hell. So HA! See there I'm just like Jesus! I'm making him proud. Anything else you say is pretty much negated by starting like this.

You're so upset about someone being called fat, and this past weekend I've been called, and I quote:

"bitch, fucktard, cuntlicker, fuckass, suckbutt, uglybitch, shiteater, whore, witchwhore, assface, slut, retard, narrowminded" end quote.

Doesn't matter what anyone else does, focus on your own actions.

I'm sorry for posting my story and fundie encounter and acting like a brat about the whole situation I was in. It was foolish of me, but consider that this site is a place to rant and rave about fundies. :-P

"Acting like a brat" is just another way to pretend like you apologized without really acknowledging your actions. You lied to your friend. You stalked your friend. You reported them to pinterest. You came here and listed your friend's blog knowing that it could get the attention that you ended up bringing on yourself. For all we know "acting like a brat" could not include any of those things. Own up to what you did.

How you looked in the picture was completely irrelevant. It is just away to be all "pooooor meeeeeee!" Focus on your attitude and actions. You wrote offensive things about someone's body size. You then moved the post to try to make it look like you had taken it down, that is deceitful. So don't try to take the attention away from how you acted and get the focus on why you might have looked bad in a picture. This isn't about how you looked, don't try to make it about that.

The way I call catholics and muslims by "demeaning" or exoticized names isn't much different than putting me under the label of "fundie" which has it's own negative tone.

So are you admitting that you demean people who are catholic and Muslim by the way you treat them? Are you sorry for that? Or did you write "demeaning" like that because you don't really think that you do? If so, be an adult and admit that, the coy shit is just old and childish. Again, what other people do really isn't relevent, stop bringing it up.

I dropped out of CollegePlus (Minus) for many reasons. Mostly, I wanted to pursue other options for my future, and selling me a degree like they were was really stupid. I had just read a couple books (Radical, Firsthand, A Matter of Basic Principles, Atlas Shrugged, and Kisses from Katie) and all of those had an impact on me in one way or another. But I was also waking up to the HUGE IBLP following- the online events for CPers to connect were really weird. Seriously: everyone at the "World Changer" Summit (Isn't 'World Changer' an IBLP thing?) was part of Verity, In the Gap, Character First! or they said "I worked at HQ". That's when I really woke up to Gothardism and all it's magic because I had no idea what HQ referred to.

This is another completely irrelevent part of your post that is just trying to get attention away from the horrible ways you have acted. And either you are lying here, or you lied on your blog. I'm going with lying here. On your blog you went on about how they were just teaching "liberal revisionists history" and as an example of that you said that there was a question about when Michelle Obama was born. You said that what they were teaching were lies, so you didn't have any use for them. I think that you have a habit of when you do something wrong or your actions have been criticized of lying and trying to tell people what you think would be the easist way to get them to not focus on what you originally did wrong. You have probably done it for so long that you don't even realize that you are doing. The fact that you thought NOTHING of lying about who you were to friend a person and then you came here and just mentioned it so casually shows that you don't view lying as that bad of a thing.

And, I plan on sticking around.

Why? Do you think you are doing a good job representing Christ here? I don't believe in god and your actions do nothing to make me want to learn more about your god. Do you not care that you could be driving people from being saved by acting this way? Do you believe that you can just tell people they are going to hell and then act how ever you want to act and it isn't your fault if your actions make people not want to learn anything about your god, because, hey, you told them they were going straight to hell, so you are good to go?

ETA: There are actually people of faith here who I read their posts and sometimes wish I could believe like that. I sometimes wonder if I had been raised like them if I would still believe. You are not one of those people. Your god seems to be one who creates lying liars who lie and don't care about others. If that isn't what your god teaches, then perhaps you need to change how you act.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. On your blog you went on about how they were just teaching "liberal revisionists history" and as an example of that you said that there was a question about when Michelle Obama was born. You said that what they were teaching were lies, so you didn't have any use for them.

I don't get it. Someone drops out of college because of Michelle Obama's birthdate? Or did you mean that she dropped out because she disagreed with the "school" over Barak Obama's birthdate or place of birth? Why didn't she stick around and argue it out with them? She certainly likes to argue here.

It was rather confusing on her blog. She said that CollegeMinus only taught liberal revisionists history that she knew was all lies(so why bother to take it) and as an example of that liberal, revisionist history she said one of the tests asked when Michelle Obama was born. I don't know how that is liberal or revisionists.

I think she likes to argue, but not debate or answer any sort of questions. She just likes to be all "blah, blah blah, you are meanies, I'm right. You are going to hell." and then claim she argued with the top snarkers.

I assume that what you intended to write was an apology plus a critique of Free Jinger designed to get us to look at our own behavior. So on that basis:

I'm still watching. And laughing a little. :-) I've gotten one fanatic telling me that if I make a public blog post saying all of you here are right and that I deserve to go to hell they would donate $1,000 to my missions fund. HA! Not happening.

Fallacy of relevance.

You're so upset about someone being called fat, and this past weekend I've been called, and I quote:

"bitch, fucktard, cuntlicker, fuckass, suckbutt, uglybitch, shiteater, whore, witchwhore, assface, slut, retard, narrowminded" end quote.

Ad Hominem Fallacy.

[...] But I have a feeling no matter what I say or apologize for, you're just going to find something new to pick on.

More Ad Hominem with a touch of Tu Quoque.

I don't agree with a lot of what, I guess, "more fundamentalist" bloggers say. Raquel over at God's Daughter drives me absolutely batty. The YLCF/KG ladies have stopped approving my comments after a simple question I asked about why they didn't consider a different approach to courtship since so many were failing. :think: I came here because another blogger alerted me to the discussions about YLCF and thought I might find them helpful and encouraged me to share my story.

In other words, "don't pick on me, they're worse". This is a version of the Bandwagon Fallacy.

I'm sorry for posting my story and fundie encounter and acting like a brat about the whole situation I was in. It was foolish of me, but consider that this site is a place to rant and rave about fundies. :-P

Sticking your tongue out at someone is typically used when what you just said is a joke. On that basis I assume your apology is a joke. Also you think our behavior is worse or as bad as yours. This is a Fallacy of Relevance, Ad Hominem, and Tu Quoque all in one. Way to go.

Then you have a big long paragraph that's a Fallacy of Relevance.

I may not be as "liberal" as you, I may not be as "open minded" as you and you may shove me in a box of "hypocritical little fundie" because I think differently than you. No fundie has the exact same flavor.

This is a bit vague but I'm going to call it Fallacy of Presumption. In particular you're presuming that the critiques are due to your not being liberal or pretty enough. We have several conservative members here. We also have people who have labeled themselves "unattractive" in the past. So this is probably a combination of Fallacy of Presumption and Strawman.

The way I call catholics and muslims by "demeaning" or exoticized names isn't much different than putting me under the label of "fundie" which has it's own negative tone.

Tu Quoque

I dropped out of CollegePlus (Minus) for many reasons. Mostly, I wanted to pursue other options for my future, and selling me a degree like they were was really stupid. I had just read a couple books (Radical, Firsthand, A Matter of Basic Principles, Atlas Shrugged, and Kisses from Katie) and all of those had an impact on me in one way or another.

Attempt to prove your intelligence by namedropping. Appeal to Authority

I am so sick of handling 19 year-olds with kid gloves. She's an adult, and she probably won't change. She'll marry some fundie boy or creepy older man, have tons of kids to neglect and abuse, and continue on with hating everyone. How many fundies have we seen not change? The ones who have changed weren't the ones who made a point of being hateful in the first place.

I am so sick of handling 19 year-olds with kid gloves. She's an adult, and she probably won't change. She'll marry some fundie boy or creepy older man, have tons of kids to neglect and abuse, and continue on with hating everyone. How many fundies have we seen not change? The ones who have changed weren't the ones who made a point of being hateful in the first place.

+1. And since she's been willing to post her hate and fake Christianity on a public blog, pictures and all, she shouldn't expect to be handled with kid gloves either.

If you don't want to be taken to task for your views, one way would be to simply not put that shit out there.

Actually, I've been thinking you remind me of someone and I wasn't sure who. It's Miss Raquel. That self centred adolescent narcissism, vanity and forced piety and total lack of experience mixed with the conviction that you know more at nineteen than anyone else will at ninety seemed familiar.

From a mother of three who has had two abortions for which she has no regret who resents your assumption that you should have any say in my reproductive choices.

She is just like Miss Raquel, it is kind of amusing that she can't stand her. I can see Raquel going off to be a missionary soon too.

From her mission blog she says this:

Ministry begins with dying to yourself wherever you are, whatever you're doing, and it should expand. It is not being preoccupied with self and preserving yourself.

http://ahopeandfuture.blogspot.com/p/worthy-causes.html

You don't have to go to Africa to have a chance to die to yourself. You can do it right here at Free Jinger. But no, you are too preoccupied with yourself and preserving yourself and not taking the time to really understand why others view your actions and words as offensive. Going to Africa and being nice to little children is taking the easy way out. Most people can do that. But a situation like this, where people you view as ungodly point out how YOU are behaving in a bad way, well being nice and Christ-like here is a lot harder. Go read the words you right on your blogs. Really, really read them. See if you are practicing what you preach. If you feel like you are, then you should be able to explain how to us. If not, well, admitting that would be nice.

I think she's pulling a Regina George with the Burn Book-- she would have made the comments herself and has decided to blame it all on those meanies over at FJ. Whatever Regina... you're still not going to be Spring Fling Queen! Go channel your aggression by playing some field hockey. Catholic Hugs and Kisses, Diva Divine

P.S.- I'm still praying for you! I should have asked our guest priest (who is from Africa and isn't Caucasian) to pray for you today, too. Yep, he's a minority. We have those in the Catholic Church. Lots of them. Especially in my parish- where I'm a minority because I am not Hispanic, from the Ivory Coast, the Philippines, Niger, or various other areas of Africa.

Ouh, that's awful. She didn't deserve that.

I don't like that kind of language. It reflects more on the person using it than on the person it's directed to. It's immature and uncalled for. I despise the c word, it needs to be removed from everyone's vocabulary. If you can't discuss differences with others without using foul language then just shut up and say nothing. "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

It's easy / hard to say you were an foot canoe. I will help. Repeat after me, " I am sorry for being rude and hateful to a random humanbeing that just happened by. I should step back and relook how I treat people ..""

This seems unlikely to me, at least from the freejinger group, who always seem more articulate than that. WHat other posts have you been seeding to try to get your blog hits up?

As someone else often says "pictures, or it never happened."

On a lighter note, let us not forget how weird-looking she found the Catholic church she attended, and how stinky all those candles made it.

It's easy / hard to say you were an foot canoe. I will help. Repeat after me, " I am sorry for being rude and hateful to a random humanbeing that just happened by. I should step back and relook how I treat people ..""

An foot canoe?

Her blog is working again!

And in this post: ofasingleheart.blogspot.dk/2012/11/mission-mondays-god-is-good.html

She explains how God inspired her to go to Africa, and which categories of people "tug her heart".....

I wrote out my gifts, my strengths, my weaknesses, my heart, the groups I feel drawn to. Then I wrote out possible countries. Immediately Spanish speaking countries went out, and South America didn’t tug at my heart.Neither did Haiti. Then the “categories†of people popped out, the people I do feel tugged to:

Women and orphans

Muslims

Kids

Special needs

The poor

Black kids

And of course Catholics are a huge DON'T!

At first, I was discouraged. There were a lot of strange outreaches and trips- many of them appealing to the ego, the flesh, and the mind… not the soul.

An outreach teaching orphans to surf? Really?

A home that had a “needs†list of electric toothbrushes, new Wii games, a trampoline guard, and a used PS3. No, those aren’t needs. What do these people think their kids need? Most moral families I know don’t have those things here- they run from that kind of stuff!

Too many Roman Catholic homes. No. way. Hosea.

Wow, she lists kids and black kids, like being black makes them different than just a kid. She obviously views black kids and different than white kids.

Those damn orphans don't need to have fun in their lives, no teaching them to surf. That is just for rich kids who have parents. And how dare those immoral poor families want an electric tooth brush.

Wow, she lists kids and black kids, like being black makes them different than just a kid. She obviously views black kids and different than white kids.

Those damn orphans don't need to have fun in their lives, no teaching them to surf. That is just for rich kids who have parents. And how dare those immoral poor families want an electric tooth brush.

Speaking of toothbrushes. I was at an orphanage in ElSalvador. I was shocked to see the little boys come in to brush their teeth, they each took a toothbrush out of the communal cup holding them all, brushed their teeth, and returned the brush to its communal holder. :angry-banghead:

I would think that most moral families would actually want a trampoline guard. Makes it less likely that your kid will get injured.

I think what she really means by all that is that poor people don't deserve nice things.

Her blog is working again!

And in this post: ofasingleheart.blogspot.dk/2012/11/mission-mondays-god-is-good.html

She explains how God inspired her to go to Africa, and which categories of people "tug her heart".....

And of course Catholics are a huge DON'T!

Oy! Reading this shit makes me glad I go to a Unitarian church. You don't meet a lot of young Unitarians with this high level of obnoxiousness.

Sigh. If you are still reading...

How finalized is this mission trip of yours? Is it a done deal or are you still in the planning stages? No one has mentioned this yet so I will. You don't have to tell us how much this trip is costing you but think about how much it costs. Let's just say it's $5000. When you go to Malawi and Tanzania are you going to do $5000 or more worth of good while you are over there? Are you going to improve people's lives significantly more than $5000 would? Do you have special skills that those countries lack and are in desperate need of? Is what you are doing so unique that they cannot hire anyone already in the country to do it? Basically, who is this trip really benefiting? Who is benefiting from the fundraising? You or the people you want to help? Do you think the money you are spending to go over there would be better spent on donating it to a charity that is already well established in those countries who knows what people's needs are?

What is going to be more beneficial, your presence or your money? I'm not asking this in a snarky way. I have no idea what you are actually going to be doing so maybe you do have some essential skill and really will be helping. I just get annoyed with all these feel good mission trips where people (*cough* Duggars) spend oodles of money to visit another country to paint a wall and get their picture taken. The money would be better spent if you donated it to a reputable charity and just stayed home (in many cases).

I wrote out my gifts, my strengths, my weaknesses, my heart, the groups I feel drawn to. Then I wrote out possible countries. Immediately Spanish speaking countries went out, and South America didn’t tug at my heart.Neither did Haiti. Then the “categories†of people popped out, the people I do feel tugged to:

Women and orphans

Muslims

Kids

Special needs

The poor

Black kids

Of couse, it is likely that she could help people in these groups her in the USA, without the cost of travelling far away OR the cost to whatever country she lands in to feed her. However, here, the vast majority of the groups who are actually helping kids, people with functional needs, the poor, women and orphans, etc would likely be MUCH more liberal than she, since their goal is to help the people in these groups in their lives, not convert them to a particular religion.

I actually agree those things aren't needs, but if it's like a Christmas gift program or something like that, they might be good gifts... especially for kids who don't otherwise get many luxuries. The surfing thing reminded me of a girl I knew in high school who was vocally against Make-a-Wish because it wasn't making a "real difference". No, it's not promoting research to save the kids who are eligible, but at the same time, everyone needs something fun in their life, especially during a time of hardship. I think a program like the surfing one could provide much needed hope or good memories, that could give you strength to get through the loss of your parents. ETA: I don't think helping by supporting someone who is already hurting is any more important than something more proactive (i.e. with Make-a-Wish, that might be research or prevention campaigns) - just different.

It is costing her $6100 to go. She is leaving in September and coming back in January. It looks like she will be teaching Bible studies, dance classes and helping with orphans. But she will have to say what she is really doing.

This is what she lists as things she is going to be doing:

I'll actually do things such as... organizing books in the Rafiki School library, leading/assisting in Bible studies, attending church, teaching vocational skills to teen girls, teaching ballet to eager girls on afternoons, travelling to area ministries on occasional weekends, supporting the ROS team in their day-to-day jobs, filing records, and reading to the children. Among other things

Archived