IGNORED

A fat person dared to get in my pro-life picture

formergothardite

Shouldn't that be "No. Way-uh. Hosea?" ;)

The name you were looking for, ofasingleheart, was "Jose."

These guys:

http://www.biography.com/people/groups/ ... %C3%A9/all

Not this guy:

HvmPjNP.jpg

No way-uh, Hosea...I like it! Going to have to try it out during my next argument about religion.

It does sound like something Jim Bob would say...

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is why she won't stay here in America and help:

Why stay when people are willfully ignorant, some proclaiming full out atheism, or just don't want to hear, when I can go to a place where I can be a part of helping others understand the Gospel when they don't know the need they have but desire something better?

People here question her too much, she wants to go somewhere where she won't have to defend her belief system. As I said earlier in this thread, she is taking the easy way out.

http://ahopeandfuture.blogspot.com/sear ... -results=7

Perhaps she thinks all of Africa is . . .

Makaziville!

:D

I've been thinking about Ofasingleheart.

Ofasingleheart,

You can't raise yourself up to our age level so we have to lower oursevles to yours. We all say/do stupid stuff when we're nineteen. Anyone who says they didn't screw up is a liar. We also grow and mature.

You're a kid. You may think that you're all grown up and know so much but you've got more growing up to do. You need to learn to take responsibility for your actions and that includes words. Owning up to what you say or do isn't always fun but if you take personal responsibility people may respect you more. If you dodge the subject it pisses people off.

Jesus hung out with tax collectors and alleged prostitutes. He didn't go around saying that you're bad if you're of this or that faith.

The Catholic group helped you and you bitched about it. How is that being like Jesus? Did Jesus bite the hand that fed him?

I believe in universal salvation. We aren't going to be forbidden to enter any type of afterlife if we're Catholic, Muslim, atheist, or any type of non-Christian religion.

If you go blocking everyone who doesn't fit your ideals you're going to be losing out in a lot of things. You're already losing out. Isn't it time to stop and re-think your priorities?

Not everyone marries or has a boyfriend/girlfriend by nineteen. So flippin' what? It doesn't mean that you're doomed to be single for the rest of your life. What if the right guy is right around the corner and you reject him because you believe that you're meant to be single? Remember what I said about losing out?

If you hold yourself back and choose to lose out no one's going to stop you. If you want to live that way it's your choice. But if you make an effort to learn and improve yourself you'll find how much more the world has to offer you. No one can open and walk through that door but you.

I saw your post about getting nasty comments. It was wrong for them to call you nasty names. It was wrong of them to troll like that.

You need to open yourself up and grow up some more. You will save yourself a lot of grief in the future if you make an effort now.

I'm not expecting you to listen or to believe me. I don't expect you to understand and I wouldn't be surprised if you felt I'm an idiot. However, a lot of us have been nineteen and a lot of what we say has a lot of truth to it.

Think about it.

(snip)However, a lot of us have been nineteen and a lot of what we say has a lot of truth to it.

Think about it.

You reminded me of this song - all about being nineteen.

i9BQa-p6Pz0

To speak to the getting married at 19. I get that some people have married that early. My brother was one of them and they've been married for almost 21 years now.

But for the love of pickles, it's also ok to go out and have a life, little girl. Travel a little - and I don't mean the sort where all you do is shove your religion down someone's throat. Just travel for the sake of travel. Get a job. Go to school. Take some self improvement courses. Learn some new skills. Learn how to kickbox. Learn how to groom dogs. Kiss a girl (ok, I kid, I know that's likely way out of your comfort zone - that's my kid that likes to kiss girls ;) )Anything. But have a little life of your own, if you can, before tying into a marriage and children. Really, there's nothing wrong with doing this. It's normal.

And if you find you like all this stuff much more than the idea of marriage, that's quite fine too, you know.

Don't bother, ofasingleheart. If apologizing is anything more than, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It was wrong and mean and I suck" then it is worthless.

And if you don't feel that way? Don't bother. We ain't got time for that.

Instead, try educating yourself. Learn about people, and not just in a "oh, aren't you cute? You're black! Or Muslim! Now I can tell everyone on the internet just how cultured and open I am! Because I "accept" you!!!" sort of way. Find out about Catholicism, and not from people like Sproul. Learn about the history, and not from Monty Python. Go talk with a priest. Ask questions. Listen.

Research your "God led mission to deepest darkest Africa". Find out if you could do some good somewhere else, closer, cheaper. With fewer accolades. Do it without a blog. Don't tell anyone. (Jesus? No blog. Lots of his acts? NOT IN SCRIPTURE. INTENTIONALLY.) Help someone you are sickened by. Scared of. Repulsed by. Help them anyway. Then don't tell us.

Talk to the next "obese" person you meet. Find out who they are, what they are about, what they love, what tears them up inside. Realize that they are a person, too, just like you. Realize your words hurt. Realize they hurt you more.

Until you do, don't come here and tell us you're a sinner. We already know that.

You reminded me of this song - all about being nineteen.

i9BQa-p6Pz0

All this talk about being nineteen, and this is the song I thought of:

I was too much in college senioritis brain mode while having too much work and no energy to do it to figure out where her attitudes were similar. Her behavior of others who are different from herself in any way are like she is either gawking at them like she's in a zoo as a exhibit or worse, old-fashioned circus shows for people considered "freaks" by society, but as she stares in weird fascination and laughs at people, she's really the only one around doing so. In the process, she is clueless that she's the real "freak show" in society. Not calling her a freak, she's not a freak. She's an ignorant, arrogant teenager even if she is a legal adult. Don't be the "freak show", Laura. You are old enough to understand what is right and wrong and the whys. Look around you, listen to other people. You are one of 7 Billion people on this planet. Embrace the diversity of us all.

Slightly OT: (Though I'm not sure if she is in 1st place or is the runner up to Lori yet. Lori A is probably still on top for ignorant, arrogant asshole because she's older than my parents and college educated and should definitely know better, but doesn't.)

I'd still put Lori at #1, since her advice could end up getting someone killed (either by using woo-woo home remedies instead of treating a serious medical condition, or at the hands of an abusive husband.)

Does anyone know when/where that pic was taken? I can't get to her blog but I'm almost certain I know the "photo bomber" and I want to see if I can confirm it with posts on his FB. If I am right he is married to my grandmother's great niece and he is one of the kindest, funniest men I know.

If it was this year's March for Life, it was January 25, 2013 according to Wikipedia. It's definitely Washington DC, as the capitol dome is in the picture.

I can believe that she got and will continue to get nasty comments. I think(and hope) that the active members here wouldn't do stuff like that(I don't include calling her a lying bitch as a nasty comment) but there are tons of members here. You never know who is reading these threads. And her blog is probably being discussed at several different places now, some of them are going to be less nice than here. I wouldn't be surprised if her exfriend has already gotten messages about LauraLea bringing up her blog here or her mission board screenshots of her posts here. I don't think the active members here would do those things, but this thread is being read by so many more people than just the active members. I don't condone any of those things but I'm having a hard time feeling a lot of pity for her since she wanted this to happen to the exfriend she lied to and stalked.

I'm still confused how he's a "photobomber"-aren't they the ones who *deliberately* try to ruin someone's pic? "random dude looking at the camera bc WEEEEEIRD people tend to notice a camera!" doesn't really qualify for me.

Y'all said everything else i was thinking. I wish i was 19 again, but with how kids are these days, it's for the best to NOT be in that age range.

Alba - Sorry, been busy this weekend. To answer your question, my reference is to this:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012 ... n-santorum

My issue is that he would deny other women the right to their choice, but it was okay for him to save his wife's life by choosing to end the pregnancy.

Thanks.

I don't understand how anyone who has actually been in a situation like that can say other women don't deserve the choice his wife had. That's really sickening.

And why induce labour rather than just have an abortion? Abortion seems less cruel to me than letting an inadequately-developed baby live for two hours. I guess this way they didn't actively kill the baby or something :roll:

The PP picked up his helpmeet on a street corner in Germany, she may convert herself a hunky Scandinavian guy. I may be judging her unfairly, but with her veiled racism I don't see her finding Prince Charming among her proposed African heathen victims.

Yes, I get the same idea from her. Why do all those missionaries go to Africa anyway? Do they consider them to be their intellectual inferior or something? I don't get it.

Laura (is that your name?), you remind me of someone as well.

how-much-a-lion-can-eat-in-one-meal.jpg

Do you see the similarities? You are the lion. Hint: Civilized creatures don't claim rights to another person's body.

In reality, you are not a lion. You are a human being, and not a very civilized one. This is not the stone age (and you are not a starving cannibal). What makes you think you have any right to my body? What makes you think you stand on some kind of moral high ground when you demand that right? What makes you any different than a lion?

I had a similar thing as this. I was told up front that if the baby survived delivery (mine did not) that basically palliative care / holding would occur, but no attempts to keep her alive. I suspect it is a loophole that hospitals and doctors who do not perform regular abortions (and under more and more stringent laws would not be allowed to perform abortions) use. The hospital staff treated it as any other mid term miscarriage, including letting us hold her and giving us pictures (I thought the second thing was weird at first, but later understood their logic). Additionally, there appears to be a magic limit to when they do this (week 22 or 21?) not sure, but I'm sure it has to do with both regulations by the state and developmental stages.

ofasingleheart, when I was 19, I was engaged. Sure, I was going to university and we weren't going to get married before we had both finished our degrees and *shock* there was sex involved!. But I understand the desire to be married. Safe to say it didn't work out and now, six years later, I am so thankful it did not work out. Had I married that boy - because that's what he was -, I'd be stuck now in a relatively dull marriage, I'd probably have two or more children, I'd never have done a Masters degree, I wouldn't have discovered and followed my passion for Victorian literature and I most certainly would not be the person I am today. I wouldn't be a bad person, but I would not be that much closer to fulfilling my potential.

I still want to get married. I really want children. Occasionally I worry that time is running out, which is ridiculous at 25. But boy am I glad I did not marry at 19 (not my choice btw. His. My freedom was thrust upon me, so to speak.). I got to become myself before I marry and that is incredibly important.

bit rambling, but I felt it needed said.

I think she is going to Africa because she only wants to help people who are so desperate for help that they will not argue with her when she tries to shove religion on them. She goes on about choosing to love the unlovable on her blog and how she does that, but who is harder to love for a fundie like her, people here at Free Jinger who know the Bible inside and out and can argue with her, or an orphan in Africa? She is only loving the easily loved and has given up on anyone who is slightly challenging to her.

I think she is a good fit for this mission board she is working with, they will allow all Christians to serve through them, except for Catholics.

I don't think she expected so many of us here to have shared life experiences with her, identify as Christian or generally be in a position that isn't just mindless snarking on those who think differently. We have varied life experiences and opinions and can voice them to one another without invalidating the other's experience! We must blow her mind.

Intersectionality: we haz it. At least we attempt damn well to haz it.

Thanks.

I don't understand how anyone who has actually been in a situation like that can say other women don't deserve the choice his wife had. That's really sickening.

And why induce labour rather than just have an abortion? Abortion seems less cruel to me than letting an inadequately-developed baby live for two hours. I guess this way they didn't actively kill the baby or something :roll:

Didn't she also go around holding up a sign saying "I regret my abortion."? Really, she regrets not dying? She regrets not leaving her kids without a mother?

So how are dance classes more important than surfing? :popcorn2:

This has nothing to do with the topic, but my cold black heart smiles every time someone uses a new smilie. Who needs Xmas. My heart grows when people use new smilies. Get to work people! :wink-penguin:

PS: I added some new ones, including brain bleach a few days ago.

This has nothing to do with the topic, but my cold black heart smiles every time someone uses a new smilie. Who needs Xmas. My heart grows when people use new smilies. Get to work people! :wink-penguin:

PS: I added some new ones, including brain bleach a few days ago.

Off topic too, but I'm really lovin' the new smilies.

Then I got to this:

So I'm kinda slow right now, which I fully acknowledge, but I don't understand what she is saying here. Feminists overemphasize purity? um..purity like virgins? or some other kind of purity?

Cause I know I don't get out a lot, but none of my friends were pledging their purity to their daddy or wearing purity rings given to them by their daddy or any other equally squicky things that had to do with their daddy and their hymen. :?

I also don't understand what technology has to do with anything in that sentence, but you will pry my kindle and/or nook out of my cold dead hands so maybe that one has some merit :shrug:

Archived