IGNORED

David, Priscilla, & Paul Waller - Pecan Thief in the Family

happy atheist

The bouquet incident was the Grady sisters. I remember that they were inventing involved stories of how the bouquet got there, like that a man proposed marriage and the object of his affection rebuffed him, dramatically tossing the flowers to the side of the road.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bouquet incident was the Grady sisters. I remember that they were inventing involved stories of how the bouquet got there, like that a man proposed marriage and the object of his affection rebuffed him, dramatically tossing the flowers to the side of the road.

Damn. You are quite right! My apologies to the Seven Sisters!

• 2 weeks later...

New post is up! davidlovespriscilla.com/2013/12/07/happy-thanksgiving/

David and Priscilla visited Rebekah & Josh, Daniel & Candice and enjoyed some family time with Priscilla's parents (+Josh&Anna) in Florida. (Boo, I'm starting to sound like David :pink-shock:) At Florida Anna looked tired, Josh looked "well rounded" and David got to have some "hot" tennis match!

Oh, and you can also see how manly and sweaty David is holding a knive, ready to cut the turkey! I can hear him saying "Okay, let's do this!"

New post is up! davidlovespriscilla.com/2013/12/07/happy-thanksgiving/

David and Priscilla visited Rebekah & Josh, Daniel & Candice and enjoyed some family time with Priscilla's parents (+Josh&Anna) in Florida. (Boo, I'm starting to sound like David :pink-shock:) At Florida Anna looked tired, Josh looked "well rounded" and David got to have some "hot" tennis match!

The "hot tennis match" made me LOL. Does he really not realize how he sounds? Is he deliberately making innuendo to feed our snark? I just don't get it David!

It was so much fun to be together and to top it off with a fun running event made for lots of fun memories.

Someone needs a list of adjectives.

Being that it was a small town race with less than 500 runners, we were able to enjoy it as a family.

David, I believe the word you are looking for is "since," possibly "because." And why did it have to be a small town race with less than 500 runners for you to enjoy it as a family (not that I can't think of reasons, but it would have been nice to know why, since you brought it up)?

After a hot tennis match with the boys, Josh Duggar and David carved up the turkey.

Why am I tempted to go to Urban Dictionary and look up "hot tennis match with the boys" and "carve up the turkey?"

Now for the couple’s duel–Josh and Anna Duggar vs. David and Priscilla Waller. We honestly thought it would be a quick match and we would totally take the game, but we won with just a narrow margin.

How modest and self-effacing of you. :roll:

Did you bring anything to the dinner? Pecans, perhaps? :D

I'm all for casual when it comes to dining, even on holidays, but even I would draw the line at wearing clothes freshly sweaty from exercise to thanksgiving dinner, ew! Especially when they know people are going to take photos and post them online! Bleah!

Someone needs a list of adjectives.

Seriously. They usually sprinkle 'special' and 'blessed' around with 'fun', but who knows what they were thinking.

I wonder who's going to homeschool Paul after first grade.

Pris ran a 8:39 minute mile while pushing a stroller?? Daaaaaamn, woman! She should be proud!

I thought the same thing! I can't run a 26 minute 5k to save my life, and I run relatively frequently (but am obviously very, very slow). That's pretty impressive.

Well, David, you need to up the ante to keep first place in the "I was only gleaning -- it's biblical!" category.

I just found out, from a review of the Botkins' "Ready for Real Life" webinar, that Victoria Botkin once set aside her planned homeschool curriculum because "she and the children found an injured lamb that fell off of a truck, and they spent the day butchering the lamb."

:shock:

Now, granted, you still hold the "trespassing to glean" title. But you have to admit, pecans don't need to be slaughtered and butchered. And then declaring it the homeschool lesson for the day -- I mean, that's pure genius!

:roll:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20269&start=40#p662211

homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/ready-for-real-life-part-four-ready-to-lead-culture/

Pris ran a 8:39 minute mile while pushing a stroller?? Daaaaaamn, woman! She should be proud!

Dude, that is awesome. I wouldn't have thought Priscilla had it in her. Was she wearing a skirt, too? Because that's even more awesome.

davidlovespriscilla.com/files/2013/12/DavidlovesPriscilla00022.jpg

i see that there is a book called "children: to have, or not to have" and also 18KAC DVDs, and also a bunch of wii games! as far as i'm aware, there aren't any christian themed wii games. interesting. very interesting.

The more I see of David and Priscilla, the more I wonder how 'forced' or 'arranged' their courtship actually was. I can't help thinking that they may have made it sound more formal than it was in reality, because they thought that was what would sell their ideology, when really it might have been based on actual, you know, emotion and attraction. Yeah, they're weirdos, but they're the same brand of weirdo. They're so similar. They seem to enjoy each other. They seem to get along, and they have things in common besides Lord Gothard (i.e. fitness). In their minds I'm sure it makes a better fundie-approved courtship story if they got together based on prayer and obedience to their parents, but I can't help but suspect now that it was really because they liked each other.

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/files/2013/12/DavidlovesPriscilla00022.jpg

i see that there is a book called "children: to have, or not to have" and also 18KAC DVDs, and also a bunch of wii games! as far as i'm aware, there aren't any christian themed wii games. interesting. very interesting.

Foundations of American Government. I wonder if he's ever opened it...

It's a fairly generic title. I'm hazarding a guess it's some sort of political vomit written by an approved ultra-conservative author.

(Of course, it quite possible I'm just being an ignorant foreigner and its a standard (public) high school text or something, in which case you're probably right).

It's a fairly generic title. I'm hazarding a guess it's some sort of political vomit written by an approved ultra-conservative author.

(Of course, it quite possible I'm just being an ignorant foreigner and its a standard (public) high school text or something, in which case you're probably right).

I looked for it on Amazon and laughed my ass off. It's a series about how the founding fathers didn't really mean "separation of church and state" and how the first amendment is a lie.

I looked for it on Amazon and laughed my ass off. It's a series about how the founding fathers didn't really mean "separation of church and state" and how the first amendment is a lie.

It's by David Barton, of course -- don't know why I even bothered to check. :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Foundations-Ameri ... Government

The more I see of David and Priscilla, the more I wonder how 'forced' or 'arranged' their courtship actually was. I can't help thinking that they may have made it sound more formal than it was in reality, because they thought that was what would sell their ideology, when really it might have been based on actual, you know, emotion and attraction. Yeah, they're weirdos, but they're the same brand of weirdo. They're so similar. They seem to enjoy each other. They seem to get along, and they have things in common besides Lord Gothard (i.e. fitness). In their minds I'm sure it makes a better fundie-approved courtship story if they got together based on prayer and obedience to their parents, but I can't help but suspect now that it was really because they liked each other.

Yeah, they are both the same kind of weird, and are rather alike (although I imagine David gets frustrated sometimes with Priscilla not being very bright-he isn't either, but definitely wins the IQ test here). They even look like brother and sister.

Anna commented once about how well suited they were for each other because they are so much alike. I hope it's enough to overcome the other issues they face such as Priscilla's lack of mental agility.

Archived