IGNORED

David, Priscilla, & Paul Waller - Pecan Thief in the Family

happy atheist

I'd be surprised if he didn't have a good income. Isn't he some sort of executive director with ATI? That aside - it sounded like Priscilla had a very difficult labor and birth with Paul, and they travel a lot, so maybe they are trying to space them out a bit.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be surprised if he didn't have a good income. Isn't he some sort of executive director with ATI? That aside - it sounded like Priscilla had a very difficult labor and birth with Paul, and they travel a lot, so maybe they are trying to space them out a bit.

Christian ministries seem to come in three flavours: the sort that pays it's top execs and frontmen (they're usually men) ridiculously well.

The sort that pays the Pastor ridiculously well (in cash or perks) but where all the other employees are paid barely enough to keep food on the table (Doug Phillips, I'm looking at you). And the sort that pay the staff terribly (50 -60% of the market rate with countless hours 'volunteer' work). Most of these are smaller 'ministries', things like church schools seem to run on this model, but sometimes bigger institutions fit here too.

I'm pretty sure IBLP runs along the lines of one of the latter two. Gothard is notoriously tight when it comes to providing his staff with anything beyond the barest of essentials (and even then he likes to cut costs-there are plenty of stories about mandatory fasting once a week, which has a handy bonus of cutting food costs and wages for kitchen staff, for example). I wouldn't be surprised if the Pecan Thief's pay packet isn't as fat as all that. It's just that they're quite used to budgeting and saving, and that they don't have many of the costs that the rest of is do. It's not until they have more mouths to feed that the money REALLY starts to get tight.

I thought david owned a house? it looks like it in the vids.

They live in a house, but I'm pretty sure it's owned by his employer. The pristine blandness of the circa 1990 décor is something even he and Pris couldn't have pulled off on their own. Best guess is it's rented furnished and at a discount as a perk of being a Gothard go-to.

OK so on today's post there are a couple pics that look like Pris could be expecting. They sure are traveling a lot, though, so I hope I am wrong. I'm sure it would be hard difficult for him to have congress outside his home routine, perhaps he is up to it willing.

Most of the pictures look to me like she's gained maybe 5 pounds during their travels. I can see that. The one that really looks pregnant is I believe and unfortunate blouse choice.

His newest blog talks about a mission trip they were on last week in Mexico. Now that Paul is getting older it looks like the whole family is into matching outfits. :? I hate the way he goes back and forth between first and third person in is writing. Does he think people believe Priscilla writes the parts that talk about him?

• 2 weeks later...

David & Priscilla in a winter wonder land... I don't know why, this video just seems to be so sad to me. Why don't you show us Priscilla what can you make in a snow that looks like heaven?

youtube.com/watch?v=cUPxNJFzFwA

Poor Priscilla. That was what twenty years too young for her? At least she seemed to be having fun even though it seemed like David putting a kid through their tricks. Where was the baby?

This is an related thought maybe David Waller's next attempt at being a hardened criminal will be smuggling a budgie.

This is an related thought maybe David Waller's next attempt at being a hardened criminal will be smuggling a budgie.

This kind of budgie smuggling?

345989-tony-abbott-in-his-039-budgie-smugglers-039-.jpg

Our VERY Catholic PM by the way. :lol:

This kind of budgie smuggling?

345989-tony-abbott-in-his-039-budgie-smugglers-039-.jpg

Our VERY Catholic PM by the way. :lol:

Yikes, Miffy! That should have come with a Mad Monk warning. My eyes, Mr Rabbit, my eyes!

David & Priscilla in a winter wonder land... I don't know why, this video just seems to be so sad to me. Why don't you show us Priscilla what can you make in a snow that looks like heaven?

Oh

Wow

David, you're a moron

You are not a inspiring preacher, you're embarrassing.

what in the world! Why does Priscilla always sound like she's talking like she's 12? David :music-tool: treats her like she's an idiot. I guess it's that whole submissive headship thing. :cray-cray:

Oh wow. Why must he talk to her that way? "Why don't you show us what you can make in snow that looks like heaven?" "Why don't you show us how to you make it?" It was like he was speaking to a toddler.

Hes so patronising. He shouldn't talk to her in that patronising way, whether she is more intelligent than she comes across on film or whether she has some sort of disability, she is an adult and he should treat her like one instead of talk to her like she is a baby. Leave the baby talk for Paul, Priscilla is an adult.

I'm not trying to say Priscilla is a genius or anything, but I'm really convinced that she comes across so vapid BECAUSE OF DAVID. David is putting her through these idiotic scripts and she of course has to go along with it because he's her headship and all.

Oh wow. Why must he talk to her that way? "Why don't you show us what you can make in snow that looks like heaven?" "Why don't you show us how to you make it?" It was like he was speaking to a toddler.

I cringed when she laid down to demonstrate the snow angel and was relieved that he at least helped her up. To me, it was like a video on absolute submission under the guise of having fun. Could it even occur to her to say no?

What did I just watch????

It sounds like a father talking to his 5 year old daughter.

I can honestly say that my dad did not talk to me (or my kids) like that ever. My husband does not talk like that to our 5 year old daughter. David just sounds so horribly patronizing every time he talks to Priscilla. Even if she is learning disabled in some way (not saying she is, as I would have no way of knowing that), that does not mean she is stupid, which is exactly how he speaks to her. He is such a pompous ass.

I'm not trying to say Priscilla is a genius or anything, but I'm really convinced that she comes across so vapid BECAUSE OF DAVID. David is putting her through these idiotic scripts and she of course has to go along with it because he's her headship and all.

I agree he's really condescending, but I sorta prefer him babying her to when he is frustrated with her and snaps . That makes me sad, because I suspect (in my limited, personal, and completely unqualified opinion) that Priscilla has some intellectual disabilities. I worry about him becoming angry at her behind closed doors for making "mistakes" that tarnish his image and becoming nasty. A nastiness that is only fueled by the entitlement inherent in the patriarchal system as well as a solid dose of sexual frustration. Again, pure speculation.

And I know, I know, we shouldn't have pet fundies, but I think Priscilla really is a sweetheart.

Archived