IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

I recommend not reading this blog. He appears to be out to become an internet "celebrity" by any means necessary. see: michaelcrook.blogspot.com/

Wow, I forgot about him, but as a result of a thread about him here I wrote to the LDS church a while back to let them know that they should probably take down his Mormon.org profile. It looks like they paid attention.

Wow, I forgot about him, but as a result of a thread about him here I wrote to the LDS church a while back to let them know that they should probably take down his Mormon.org profile. It looks like they paid attention.

I love than an FJer is the one who reported him to the LDS church! Too funny!

Hi, I lurk here. I am a former Mormon and like to read/watch fundie stuff for the sociological aspects. I was born and raised LDS and am involved in the post-mormon community. This blog showed up on a facebook group a few weeks ago. Disclaimer: As a born and raised Mormon until age 27 (BYU, temple marriage...then divorce..and happy non-temple, non-mormon remarriage), I can attest 110% that this guy is a whack-a-doodle even among the strictest Mormons I know/knew. He quotes things out of context and takes simple sentences to the extreme. I think the Mormon religion is a crock of BS, but was amused to find this little gem on the internet...

blog.michael-crook.com/

Enjoy and get ready for some serious intolerance and brain vomit.

You've just warmed my heart tremendously. Kudos to you!

Wow. I so could have written this. When people judge my "bodice ripper" romance novels or my Dean Cain crush I have said those very words, "Let him who is 34 and never been kissed cast the first stone". Until then, just shut up, because you honestly have no clue.

I, too, have have so many people say, "It will happen." And I now calmly reply, "It is unlikely." My (least!) favorite is when I say that I'm turning 35 so natural conception is genetically risky and they want to point out all the people in the Bible who had children at older ages and their kids were just fine, basically insinuating that I would somehow be exempt from genetic mutations because I "did it right". Sorry, I'm just not that speshul of a snowflake.

Unlike her, I'm willing to go the single parent route via adoption (though I note that at 34 she was too) or embryo donation, but I too haveto look at my finances and know that now isn't the time. It is a goal to work towards though. Even though I doubt I'll have the guts to do it.

Now I'm dying of curiosity for her to update her blog!

I wrote this long post thanking QS for finding this blog. Obviously using the keywords Christian, virginity, and regret were coming up empty--LOL.

I too am wishing she would update. I found her description of her dating experiences "excrutiating" in that she had been damaged so much by her upbringing and had a lot of internal tapes to erase. I also found it interesting when she wrote about the drubbing she took by the ultra conservative community for kissing a man who she ultimately did not marry. She does say that she gets a lot of supportive comments and deletes the negative ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, the "S" kids. I don't understand--is only Dad going to Germany, or are they all going? The one daughter is supposedly learning German, but I thought only he was deploying.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I literally stumbled upon Tammy's recipes (tammysrecipes.com) today and I think this fundy blogger is someone to follow. (Anyone who covers her hair with a scarf, has 4 kids in the course of 9 years, and was married in a baptist church under a Jewish canopy is someone to follow.)

She appears to have quite a following... lots of recipes involving canned goods and copying bad fast food (Taco Bell Double-Decker tacos anyone?), but I didn't see cream of crap anywhere. What recipes should we send the Duggars?

edited to remove DOT

tammysrecipes.com is fine to break the link. Adding the DOT in there affects people using smartphones. A recipe page I've brought up here before is mommyskitchen.net , but her recipes use a lot of unhealthy stuff like the duggars.

I don't understand why these people don't understand that you can cook somewhat healthy using canned stuff- I made black bean and tomato soup tonight with canned beans and tomatoes. I did add fresh garlic, olive oil, cilantro, onion, and some spices. Then I topped it with avocado, greek yogurt and a little bit of shredded cheese. There is a balance there, and it's just as easy to make as TTC.

tammysrecipes.com is fine to break the link. Adding the DOT in there affects people using smartphones. A recipe page I've brought up here before is mommyskitchen.net , but her recipes use a lot of unhealthy stuff like the duggars.

I don't understand why these people don't understand that you can cook somewhat healthy using canned stuff- I made black bean and tomato soup tonight with canned beans and tomatoes. I did add fresh garlic, olive oil, cilantro, onion, and some spices. Then I topped it with avocado, greek yogurt and a little bit of shredded cheese. There is a balance there, and it's just as easy to make as TTC.

THIS, homemade chili is DEAD easy to make with canned beans and canned tomatos!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I literally stumbled upon Tammy's recipes (tammysrecipes.com) today and I think this fundy blogger is someone to follow. (Anyone who covers her hair with a scarf, has 4 kids in the course of 9 years, and was married in a baptist church under a Jewish canopy is someone to follow.)

She appears to have quite a following... lots of recipes involving canned goods and copying bad fast food (Taco Bell Double-Decker tacos anyone?), but I didn't see cream of crap anywhere. What recipes should we send the Duggars?

edited to remove DOT

Why hate on Double Decker tacos? Granted, I don't like Taco Bell, but I love double decker tacos!

THIS, homemade chili is DEAD easy to make with canned beans and canned tomatos!

Yes, the soup I make is pretty similar, just different seasonings, no meat, and much more soupy. (though, I guess you can make chili without meat....)

But canned tomatoes, canned beans, canned veggies, especially if they are low sodium (I can a lot of my own with a pressure canner) are not expensive and are pretty healthy when you don't add cream of soups and velveeta to them. (I do use velveeta in a few things, but it is not an everyday food!) I don't understand the making food out of the crap canned stuff.

Sayer. Sayer.

darareaksmey, sounds like they're planning to visit during his stay.

Sayer is annoying, but Shenandoah?? That's a mouthful. It's pretty, but not for a kid's name, IMO.

I had purposed to get this letter done sooner

Translation: I had planned to get this letter done sooner

Shenandoah loves to play with her big sisters and brothers....She communicates very well and has special names for each of her siblings. She calls Seth – Eth, Stasia – YayYa, Sienna – Inny, Sabrina – Meme and Savannah – Nanny.

I wonder if she calls the two oldest girls Meme and Nanny because they are her sister-moms?

As an Air Force wife, I read the original post and immediately thought of a dozen families this would describe. Lol! What is it about the Air Force that draws in the fundies?

I know every time I bring up Candy, a million of you probably groan - sorry about that.

Anyway, her website (joyfulchristianhomemaking.com) is now redirecting to the jesus-is-savior.com "women's page" - anyone privy to what might've happened?

I check in on her blog every day, but I don't always read the comments. Perhaps that was my mistake.

She's one of the most paranoid people I've ever run across. OF course being married to wunderhubbie Erik the great doesn't help.

:lol: