IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

I liked how she called the fireplace in the kitchen in the mansion "so cozy and homey". A Victorian family living in a house like that would not spend much time in the kitchen, if any. it was not a "homey" place, nor ever meant to be so. it was a place non-family members, and gasp, unrelated females would work for wages.

Mia from "Aspiring Homemaker" had a link to a blog that had "Rosie" and "ramblings" in the title on her profile page. It's written by a stay at home daughter who lives at a farm with lots and lots of siblings and books. Her sister's name is Julia, I think.

The link is gone and I can't find the blog by googling. Does anybody know it who can post the link here?

Thanks!

Its like super over processed photos meant to look perfect and pretty and sell the whole fundie perfectness thing, and I hate to think of what By now, Iʼve usually visited the restroom with at least 2 boys for correction and tender talks about their need for the Gospel. means. :shock:

Her guest post on someone else's blog:

annaleahart.com/2011/06/day-in-life-of-ruth.html

Her blog:

gracelaced.com/2009/11/24/10-things-to-remember-when-your-child-is-disobedient/

What really rubbed me seriously the wrong way about the above entry is that the implication that children are "sinners". My 20 month old, he has NO concept of right and wrong, just what mom says not to do i.e.: "don't touch the hot stove!" that doesn't make him a freaking SINNER!

I kind of like the photo effects but I boggled at "a day in the life of her".

She says her husband is headmaster of a Classical school. I associate that with Doug Wilson, the Reformed Presbyterian dominionist who runs a matchmaking service to hook up convicted pedophiles with Christian maidens in danger of being left on the shelf.

That is some serious vagina art hanging on the wall in the last photo at the bottom of the page

She sure looks familiar. I haven't seen her web site before. I wonder if she's local.

As for Classical schools we have several here. They begin studying Latin and Greek in grade school. They have a very good reputation for high academic standards.

Does anyone know have recent info on the Hayes (Katy and Al)? She was the lady that had her arms and legs amputated after her home birth because she contracted a streptococcal disease.

I remember hearing about this outside of FJ. The katyupdate blog hasn't been updated since May and in the last posting she seems to be doing well with her prosthetics.

the fundamentalist Christian woman who regretted saving her virginity for marriage. She was in her 30's I think and was feeling horribly repressed, lonely, and sad. She had had one or two relationships that had not worked out because of her programmed fears.

Her blog evolved somewhat and last I read she had written about her plans to lose her virginity and I remember several of her long-time readers were disappointed in her. It seemed very real. I'm just wondering how she is faring.

I'm normally just a lurker but Since nobody jumped on to answer, was it this blog? shomernegiah.blogspot.com/

She is Jewish but everything else sounds right...

Hi, I lurk here. I am a former Mormon and like to read/watch fundie stuff for the sociological aspects. I was born and raised LDS and am involved in the post-mormon community. This blog showed up on a facebook group a few weeks ago. Disclaimer: As a born and raised Mormon until age 27 (BYU, temple marriage...then divorce..and happy non-temple, non-mormon remarriage), I can attest 110% that this guy is a whack-a-doodle even among the strictest Mormons I know/knew. He quotes things out of context and takes simple sentences to the extreme. I think the Mormon religion is a crock of BS, but was amused to find this little gem on the internet...

blog.michael-crook.com/

Enjoy and get ready for some serious intolerance and brain vomit.

Oh dear, it looks like as of 8am this morning, he flounced from the Mormon church though!

Thanks for the link, it looks like there is some good stuff there ("good").

Ps. Maybe this is too soon to ask since it's your first post since delurking, but would you consider opening a thread in the chatter section of "Ask me Anything" where people could ask you questions about what it was like growing up LDS?

Hahah, yeah he is scary, like no such thing as rape...AHHH!

I will do that, I have no problem with that. I loved the one the ATI/VF guy did/does.

He's hardly original in his rants and his writing is pretty poor. He's being turfed out of the LDS? Interesting!

I do like the link to the feed in at Walmart. Go them ladies!

p.s you might want to break the link?