IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

Those are all actually very 40's hairstyles. You want to check YouTube for things like "Victory rolls". You should be able to extrapolate from there how to get your hair to do what you want it to.

I've tried doing victory rolls on myself. Major fail. I have perfect hair for styling, but I can't seem to style my own.

Those women are all pretty stylish. What happened to the FLDS sense of fashion. This is a photo of the 'wives' waiting for their husbands to be released from jail, they all look a lot more dolled up than todays FLDS and frumpers.

Right? It almost doesn't look real. The clothing is fitted, the hair is very stylish for the times, and they don't have the dead behind the eyes thing going on.

I recently bought a shirt that looks just like the one the woman all the way to the right is wearing.

I've tried doing victory rolls on myself. Major fail. I have perfect hair for styling, but I can't seem to style my own.

Right? It almost doesn't look real. The clothing is fitted, the hair is very stylish for the times, and they don't have the dead behind the eyes thing going on.

I recently bought a shirt that looks just like the one the woman all the way to the right is wearing.

1. Victory rolls are crazy hard. It took me like 3 months to get it and I tried for hours every day. I figured out that it's easier the second day. I would roll the first day and wear curls, then hairspray the shit out of it the next day and make victory rolls.

2. The longer the FDLS went on the more batshit the rules got. By the time Warren took over it was really bad and then he made everything worse and continues to do so.

Elaine Bennis had some of the best victory rolls in contemporary times. During that era I had longer permed hair like Elaines and could whip out a victory roll in about ten minutes.

To leanr how to do older hair styles there is a site called The Fedora Lounge, under the Beauty section the women talk about hwo to achieve all the old styles.

Those women are all pretty stylish. What happened to the FLDS sense of fashion. This is a photo of the 'wives' waiting for their husbands to be released from jail, they all look a lot more dolled up than todays FLDS and frumpers.

In Carolyn Jessop's book, "Escape", she talked about how Warren Jeffs made stricter and frumpier clothing rules as time went on.

virtuousdaughters.com/

I found the posts on birth control hilarious, especially this weird translation:

I Corinthians 7:5 says, “Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.â€

Must be the KJV...those poor KJV'ers...Satan's going to tempt them because they can't pee :( :lol:

virtuousdaughters.com/

I found the posts on birth control hilarious, especially this weird translation:

Must be the KJV...those poor KJV'ers...Satan's going to tempt them because they can't pee :( :lol:

I am so confused about the KJV definition of the word 'defraud' now... it sounds like it is using the word 'defraud' to mean abstaining from sexual activity... isn't the pretty much the opposite of how the duggars use the word?

Guest Anonymous

I think they use 'defraud' to mean cheating someone of their rights. They believe that their bodies belong to the one they will marry, even before they are married. So while single they must cover up so as not to 'steal' someone else's purity by turning them on. And when married they have to consent pretty much when the other person wants it, or they are stealing what belongs to their partner.

Where is the vomit icon..... :shifty:

The creepy part of the BC post to me (besides being completely inaccurate) is when she talks about how her mom used to take the pill, but that "we" as a family realized that it was wrong and stopped. Why is it a we situation? I don't think the daughters need to be participating in their mom's contraception decision.

incontinency was still common in the 19th century, "sexual incontinency" was the inability to abstain, usually inability to abstain from hiring prostitutes but sometimes from masturbation.

So much stupid I don't even know where to begin!

Lenin said women should be liberated. Lenin was a communist. Therefore all people who want equality and rights for women are communists!

virtuousdaughters.com/

I couldn't recall just a verse, so I did the reasonable thing and got my trusty ol' NIV Bible to see what the translation was.

1 Corinthians 7:5: Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourself to prayer. Then come together so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

This passage was under the heading of Marriage and it's by Paul and Sosthenes to Corinth. So, it sounds like it wants couples to abstain while fasting is all and to not let spouses become tempted so they ought to have fellowship with others. The next line though is important.

I say this as a concession, not as a command.

I think Paul may have been asexual because he seems to not give much care to sex as if he does not desire it. Just my thoughts anyway. Or a low libido or something. Anyway, just thought I would put modern day style up. :D

Incontinence-lol, but I am sure it meant something else maybe in those days.

I'm a fairly new poster but have lurked for ages.

This particular woman drives me batty. Her blog posts all read like sermons and, like many of the fundy bloggers, she has crazy ideas about women, education and parenting.

large family mothering.... ladyofvirtue.blogspot.com.

February will also be the month of Biblical womanhood at Little Natural Cottage (just google the words) and should be interesting.

Snark away

She uses "lil" a lot instead of little, moved to FL from NY, husband is a youth pastor, took a pregnancy test at Walmart, and OF COURSE...announced a pregnancy by presenting her husband with a hard-cooked egg while he laid on the floor!!! Who WAS that? Her blog is something like 110% for Jesus , andyou would think with all these random details, I woud be able to find it, but alas!

110surrendered.blogspot.com/

friend of unusualmaidenbutterflydays.blogspot.com/ (formerly ratherunusualmaiden4god.blogspot.com/)

Gad, her blog drives me nuts, the graphics are too busy looking for my taste, and the fetus with the number of abortions per minute (or whatever) is just annoying. How old is she? Her writing style (especially with respect to the story of how she met her husband etc.) including the content, how she expresses herself, and how thew words are laid out on the page reminds me of someone a junior high aged girl would write. Her blog made me think of Luke Arndt, he needs to meet someone like her (and soon, his 28th birthday is next week), I think they would get a long perfectly. Emotionally they seem to be on the same page & age-level.

110% has moved to a new blog site -- fromthelittlewhitehouse.blogspot.com/ Still insufferable. I thought Rebecca from Unusual Maiden was pretty cool when she came over here though.

Considering the vast majority of the eggs we eat are unfertilized (and for those that are, the embryo is killed during refrigeration), it's not exactly the most apt symbolism, if that's what she was going for.

The girl needs to learn how to spell computer. In one post she spelled it "computor" throughout the entire post. :roll: