IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jana is my favorite Duggar child. Jordyn is second.

Mine too. I always imagine Jana being like Jordyn as a baby. They have the same sweet, calm attitude.

I'm the inverse! Free Jordyn!

Back to the photo of Anna eating Josh's face, has anyone else notice that when she kisses him, she doesn't pucker up the way one would expect (aka normally)? She sorta sucks in her cheeks and opens her mouth in an O shape. It reminds me of a vacuum... I noticed it at their wedding, for which she gets a pass, but also in the Mackynzie birth ep.

She does! I get the impression that Anna's way more into physical affection than Josh, at least on camera. She often seems to be trying to kiss him whether he wants it or not. Maybe it's because he doesn't like the vacuum-cleaner kissing :P

Mine too. I always imagine Jana being like Jordyn as a baby. They have the same sweet, calm attitude.

I love them both for the same reasons,but Joy is the one I want to adopt.Shes just a little younger than my daughter(my oldest of 2)-I can see her really relaxing and blossoming in a less restrictive,kids are to enjoy,not use as slaves,environment.

I love them both for the same reasons,but Joy is the one I want to adopt.Shes just a little younger than my daughter(my oldest of 2)-I can see her really relaxing and blossoming in a less restrictive,kids are to enjoy,not use as slaves,environment.

I posted the laundry room video narrated by Joy. So sad. I can't imagine being her age and working in a laundry.

I'm probably in the minority but I've always had a feeling John could possibly escape. I just think he's doing it quietly in hopes that it's less noticed. I don't know. A lot of people think he is simple minded but I think he's smarter than he lets on.

I always thought JD would be one to escape too. I suspect his hard working ways, while for real, seems to help him get out of participating in the dog and pony show sometimes and it may be his ticket out of the TTH. I don't think he cares for the show stuff but keeps quiet and therefore off the parental radar because otherwise it's going to make things a lot more difficult for him. Instead, he plays along just enough and he knows that JB will not discourage a hard working son in the expectation that he will have a family to support someday, though John may have a different goal. He may have figured out a way out that works within the family structure and expectations and doesn't raise suspicions.

I always thought JD would be one to escape too. I suspect his hard working ways, while for real, seems to help him get out of participating in the dog and pony show sometimes and it may be his ticket out of the TTH. I don't think he cares for the show stuff but keeps quiet and therefore off the parental radar because otherwise it's going to make things a lot more difficult for him. Instead, he plays along just enough and he knows that JB will not discourage a hard working son in the expectation that he will have a family to support someday, though John may have a different goal. He may have figured out a way out that works within the family structure and expectations and doesn't raise suspicions.

Conversely, he may be very much on the parental radar, but the show really limits their options in dealing with him.

If he has developed a decent business for himself, really did get that land or house he was trading his labor for, and has some of his own money from TLC, what would Michelle and Boob be able to do if he chooses to move into his own digs? So long as he's discreet about what he's doing and agrees to play ball with most staged events they can keep up the pretense that everyone is happy at home and will stay there until courtship ends in marriage. If they shun John just for wanting to be a normal 23 year old guy, they run the risk of some very bad publicity and that is absolutely the last thing Boob would want.

I don't think John is the wildly rebellious type (James darling, my money is on you) but if he's even moderately intelligent he should have figured out by now that he actually has Boob by the balls. If he doesn't want to turn out like Smuggar, saddled with tons of kids and entirely dependent on his father, now is the time to lay the groundwork for his future. And to maybe even kiss a few girls when there are no cameras around.

I could see John David kind of quietly slipping away. I'm not saying he's going to completely reject the beliefs/lifestyle of his family, but I can't see him being so hardcore about it. He seems too laid back. Either that or he will go through the whole courtship thing, marry a fundie bride, and she will control him/the marriage. I think he wants to get married because he seems to be setting himself up as a 'provider' (the towing business, running for local office, whatever he's doing with that house (houses?))

I could see John David kind of quietly slipping away. I'm not saying he's going to completely reject the beliefs/lifestyle of his family, but I can't see him being so hardcore about it. He seems too laid back. Either that or he will go through the whole courtship thing, marry a fundie bride, and she will control him/the marriage. I think he wants to get married because he seems to be setting himself up as a 'provider' (the towing business, running for local office, whatever he's doing with that house (houses?))

The problem with marriage for John is that the show is still on. So, a) he'd be required to court rather than date and b) he'd be expected to share his intended and his courtship with TLC and c) if he does get married according to the Parental Unit's rules, he'd have to take that vow to allow Jesus to send as many blessings as He chooses.

All of these things were fine with that tool Smuggar, probably because he's drunk as much Kool Aid as Jill and also because he was the first son. Being number two is an advantage for John; he can look at Josh's life and decide whether that would work for him. And from what we've seen of John, his personality is nothing at all like Josh's. Maybe he'd like a ton of kids, but I can't imagine he'd want his personal life all over cable TV and the internet.

Conversely, he may be very much on the parental radar, but the show really limits their options in dealing with him.

If he has developed a decent business for himself, really did get that land or house he was trading his labor for, and has some of his own money from TLC, what would Michelle and Boob be able to do if he chooses to move into his own digs? So long as he's discreet about what he's doing and agrees to play ball with most staged events they can keep up the pretense that everyone is happy at home and will stay there until courtship ends in marriage. If they shun John just for wanting to be a normal 23 year old guy, they run the risk of some very bad publicity and that is absolutely the last thing Boob would want.

I don't think John is the wildly rebellious type (James darling, my money is on you) but if he's even moderately intelligent he should have figured out by now that he actually has Boob by the balls. If he doesn't want to turn out like Smuggar, saddled with tons of kids and entirely dependent on his father, now is the time to lay the groundwork for his future. And to maybe even kiss a few girls when there are no cameras around.

I don't see John as being rebellious either, just more the type of guy who will do his own thing and not really give a fuck what the rest of them are doing. He's got his business and enjoys working hard, and he seems to be content with that. He's the quiet, self-effacing type. I see him as being a sweet guy who will fall in love with a nice, girl-next-door some day and work hard to provide for the family while being content to let his wife run the household and her life as she wants, whether that's staying home or working. I just see him not having to be the asshat that Boob is in needing to look all self important and like the boss of all that happens in the house. And I definitely think the boy knows how to enjoy an ice cold beer after a day of hard work. As someone mentioned above, he's too laidback for all of his family's bullshit ways.

Just finally watching the China episode and I have to say I'm impressed with Michelle`s whistling skills in the subway! Not very keeping sweet, but I guess she realised this was not a time where staying meek and relying on Dimbulb would work.

She also had quite a sassy moment when they were figuring out the subway system and Jimboob said they were taking the red line and she pointed out it was actually the brown line. She pointed out that her headship was incorrect, how subversive of her!

By the way, can I just say how happy I am to get these detailed episode descriptions every week. I don't have cable and when I watch these on YouTube they're so damn boring at this point, I learn so much more from the FJ boards! I'm sure there's plenty of you that feel the same way.

She also had quite a sassy moment when they were figuring out the subway system and Jimboob said they were taking the red line and she pointed out it was actually the brown line. She pointed out that her headship was incorrect, how subversive of her!

By the way, can I just say how happy I am to get these detailed episode descriptions every week. I don't have cable and when I watch these on YouTube they're so damn boring at this point, I learn so much more from the FJ boards! I'm sure there's plenty of you that feel the same way.

I think you could clearly see who is the boss of that entire family in the scavenger hunt segment in Japan.

Michelle's group clearly broke the rules, and Michelle's response to everyone, including Jim Bob, was basically "Fuck You all I won , don't care if we cheated, suck it " , and Jim Bob of course said "Okay Guys, Listen up, Mama won !"

Yes to this. And add Joy to the list for me. I feel bad for her, like she just gets ignored a lot. And when Johannah was born I remember thinking; "really? Joy-Anna and Johanna? Isn't that a bit close for sibling names?". So Joy-Anna had to start being just Joy. Who knows? Maybe Michelle forgot she had a Joy-Anna?

Wasn't Joy the one who was real close to Josiah and now their parents basically separated them because she's a girl and he's a boy? (Which I find dumb, they're siblings, let them be close!)

Still can't find the last episode on youtube or the internet :? Does someone have link?

I can't find it, either.

I love watching 19 kids and counting with my mom. Its the one thing we are close about.

Today we had an interesting discussion about what their religion was, and I told her about Quiverfull and what it means, and she asked whether all Quiverfull women wear skirts for easy access to the headship's penis.

I love watching 19 kids and counting with my mom. Its the one thing we are close about.

Today we had an interesting discussion about what their religion was, and I told her about Quiverfull and what it means, and she asked whether all Quiverfull women wear skirts for easy access to the headship's penis.

Funny my husband said the same thing about skirts (no matter what length), that it provided "easy access" (to anyone's penis. rofl).

Can someone please put this episode on YouTube! Or link it if you can find it somewhere else on the net or YouTube. Thankyou!!

I'm the inverse! Free Jordyn!

Back to the photo of Anna eating Josh's face, has anyone else notice that when she kisses him, she doesn't pucker up the way one would expect (aka normally)? She sorta sucks in her cheeks and opens her mouth in an O shape. It reminds me of a vacuum... I noticed it at their wedding, for which she gets a pass, but also in the Mackynzie birth ep.

You are so right! And Prissy does the same weird pucker thing! It's almost like a fishy face. I don't know how anyone can really kiss kiss/make out that way- it seems like it would really make tongue contact quite difficult to impossible. I know because I just tried to do it to see if it might work somehow, haha! But it does NOT work!

I came back to freejinger because I happened upon an actual update about Emily and Dna. However, besides the issue of whatever happened to Emily and Dna, I have one other burning question...

Will Jinger ever actually be free?

She's 19 now. I don't follow the Duggars much, but it seems like they keep trucking on. Apparently only the oldest boy is allowed to get married and all the older children are kind of like house-elves now. I don't even remember how old Jinger was when she was first pictured with some tator tots, but it's been a lot of years now.

I remember reading that Jana was a rambunctious child. Michelle said that she was relieved that Jill was a calm easy going baby. It makes sense, because until Jill was old enough to play with, Jana's playmates were her twin brother and her older brother. I see her more like Joy, with boys for playmates. Sadly, I'm sure she spent a lot of time in the prayer closet.

I would adopt Jenny. My kids are young adults, and my house is quiet most of the time. My son still lives at home, and little kids like him because he is quiet and not overbearing. My daughter is in college two hours away, and lives at home part time. She has a bubbly personality and loves kids, so I'd bet she would like a little sister to do crafts with. Jenny seems so overwhelmed with all of the noise and commotion around her house.

I really never thought of how a child born into that family would adapt. I just thought they would because it is all they know. The Duggars are presented as family.."buddy" oriented close knit group. There is no time or consideration for individuality. my youngest son, (now 14) would have lost his mind as a little guy. He has never dealt well with chaotic or loud Situations.

It is sad, it seems like some are overwhelmed and fade away and others (AKA: Howlers) do whatever they can for attention.

TLC confuses me.

Hmmmm.... just saw that Hallie Berry, who is the same age as Michelle, is pregnant.

I wonder if seeing that sort of thing gives Michelle renewed hope that she might have another baby.

Archived