IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

Hmmmm.... just saw that Hallie Berry, who is the same age as Michelle, is pregnant.

I wonder if seeing that sort of thing gives Michelle renewed hope that she might have another baby.

I've heard that a lot of celebrities who get pregnant at that age use IVF, which would be a big no-no in J'uterus's book. I don't know how common the IVF actually is, but I imagine it's true for at least some of them, especially those who have never been pregnant before (which obviously doesn't apply to Michelle).

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard that a lot of celebrities who get pregnant at that age use IVF, which would be a big no-no in J'uterus's book. I don't know how common the IVF actually is, but I imagine it's true for at least some of them, especially those who have never been pregnant before (which obviously doesn't apply to Michelle).

I wouldn't put it past Mullet to use IVF. They have lots of TLC $$$ now. I think if they went this route, they'd "gloss" right over it on the show....

It's definitely possible to get pregnant at Michelle's age, and to have a large gap between the second youngest and the 'change of life baby'... but I can't imagine Michelle is able to actually carry a child to term at this point, regardless of whether or not she can still conceive. I hope for her sake and the sake of the 19 children she has already that she won't conceive again, because I can't imagine it ending well.

Hmmmm.... just saw that Hallie Berry, who is the same age as Michelle, is pregnant.

I wonder if seeing that sort of thing gives Michelle renewed hope that she might have another baby.

The difference is Hallie's vagina isn't a clown car and her uterus isn't about to fall out.

The difference is Hallie's vagina isn't a clown car and her uterus isn't about to fall out.

^This.

Michelle's uterus has got to be pretty scarred up at this point, with all the children she already has, and the c-sections she's gone through. I imagine that even if Boob's sperm were able to fertilize any of her seriously depleted egg supply, it would have a hard time finding a good place to latch on.

It's definitely possible to get pregnant at Michelle's age, and to have a large gap between the second youngest and the 'change of life baby'... but I can't imagine Michelle is able to actually carry a child to term at this point, regardless of whether or not she can still conceive. I hope for her sake and the sake of the 19 children she has already that she won't conceive again, because I can't imagine it ending well.

I've been wondering why Michelle didn't take it easy and have more bed-rest when she was pregnant with Jubilee after going into premature labor with Josie? I know bed-rest won't change whether or not she's prone to preeclampsia, but it has to make it easier for her body to carry a baby to term. I don't see how traipsing all over to do talks or whatever else they do can be beneficial for someone with a high-risk pregnancy. Michelle would be considered high-risk for several reasons (i.e. age, number of previous pregnancies, past history of preeclampsia, etc.)

If she really wanted another baby, I don't understand why she isn't doing everything in her power to make sure that baby sticks. It's not like the house won't run without her. She could easily arrange for more rest while the other kids run the house as usual. She can write her blogs from her room on her laptop and even do telephone interviews from there. *shrugs*

^This.

Michelle's uterus has got to be pretty scarred up at this point, with all the children she already has, and the c-sections she's gone through. I imagine that even if Boob's sperm were able to fertilize any of her seriously depleted egg supply, it would have a hard time finding a good place to latch on.

I really don't understand where people have gotten the idea that with each pregnancy a uterus gets scarred up and new placentas are unable to attach ? I have never heard of that anywhere but here , yet people here seem to be very sure of this. Does anyone have a reference ?

I understand the multiple c-sections could cause a problem, but I believe that was with 3 or 4 of her pregnancies, and there have beeen many women who have had multiple c-sections.

I would think that the primary difficulties she might have that is related to the number of previous births is that she might have an incompetent cervix, or that she might have problems with the uterus contracting enough after birth and have a risk of bleeding too much. Obviously she would have other risks due just to her age.

If people are really desperate to watch, a horrible version of the show has been uploaded to YouTube. It looks like they just filmed the TV but the bottom third is cut off.

GdtLZxtVIJg

Yes to this. And add Joy to the list for me. I feel bad for her, like she just gets ignored a lot. And when Johannah was born I remember thinking; "really? Joy-Anna and Johanna? Isn't that a bit close for sibling names?". So Joy-Anna had to start being just Joy. Who knows? Maybe Michelle forgot she had a Joy-Anna?

Wasn't Joy the one who was real close to Josiah and now their parents basically separated them because she's a girl and he's a boy? (Which I find dumb, they're siblings, let them be close!)

1channel.ch/watch-2079247-17-Kids-and-Counting

Have all the seasons, but only the first 2 from this season so far.

Sorry about that^^(technical difficulties)

I recall thinking the same things about Joy's name(well,all of the J'an(n)a's altogether).I've also seen the separation of Joy and Josiah, too.Over the last couple seasons as they try to nudge Joy in with the older girls,just like they did with Jinjer.(I think it was easier for Jinjer, though,being not much younger than Jessa)-Im unsure of where Josiah is being nudged.They older boys arent cliqued up like the girls are, so I find it more difficult to make comparisons, when it comes to guessing what the older boys might be doing when to prepare for the future.

I also agree that close siblings shouldnt be separated just because they've reached a certain age.You can see im the newer episodes, a few times when things are more lax,Joy and Josiah gravitate torwards eachother.

I've been wondering why Michelle didn't take it easy and have more bed-rest when she was pregnant with Jubilee after going into premature labor with Josie? I know bed-rest won't change whether or not she's prone to preeclampsia, but it has to make it easier for her body to carry a baby to term. I don't see how traipsing all over to do talks or whatever else they do can be beneficial for someone with a high-risk pregnancy. Michelle would be considered high-risk for several reasons (i.e. age, number of previous pregnancies, past history of preeclampsia, etc.)

If she really wanted another baby, I don't understand why she isn't doing everything in her power to make sure that baby sticks. It's not like the house won't run without her. She could easily arrange for more rest while the other kids run the house as usual. She can write her blogs from her room on her laptop and even do telephone interviews from there. *shrugs*

I was high risk with my last baby and I went into the pregnancy prepared to be on bed-rest the entire time. I only had to be on bed-rest for a couple of weeks after I had my cerclage placed at 13 weeks, but I did take it easy for the rest of the 9 months meaning I wasn't gallivanting around the country and wasn't exercising other than the housework that needed to be done. I didn't even take walks around the block. My sister-in-law was on bed-rest for the whole pregnancy from the time her cerclage was placed until it was taken out.

There have been some recent research that calls into question the value of bed-rest, but most women prefer not to take chances if they can avoid it.

I really don't understand where people have gotten the idea that with each pregnancy a uterus gets scarred up and new placentas are unable to attach ? I have never heard of that anywhere but here , yet people here seem to be very sure of this. Does anyone have a reference ?

I understand the multiple c-sections could cause a problem, but I believe that was with 3 or 4 of her pregnancies, and there have beeen many women who have had multiple c-sections.

I would think that the primary difficulties she might have that is related to the number of previous births is that she might have an incompetent cervix, or that she might have problems with the uterus contracting enough after birth and have a risk of bleeding too much. Obviously she would have other risks due just to her age.

I don't have any references handy at the moment, but I do know that having so many pregnancies so close together is not healthy for mother or child. The woman's body needs several years to fully recover from the work of pregnancy and birth. The healthiest spacing is 3 or 4 years apart.

Yeah, I know too many pregnancies too close together can increase health risks, it's the particular belief that the uterus is scarred by each placenta, and that a new placenta can't attach to the same spot due to scarring that I've only heard here.

By now, I'm convinced that a big part of being pregnant for Michelle is being the center of attention for being pregnant (as well as being the mother of a newborn). And I think she likes receiving that attention directly, from people around her who recognize her as "That Michelle Duggar!" and then go into ecstasies over her: "And you're expecting another! That's so amazing!"

If she stayed home on bed rest, she'd have a much harder time getting the attention she craves. She doesn't have much of interest to say in interviews, and has been saying pretty much the same damned things for years. She's not really worth sending a video crew to Arkansas for, and while she could do remote interviews at network affiliate stations it just lacks the same punch as making in-studio appearances on national TV. Plus, I think she loves it when others pay for her travel expenses and cater to her in order to have her make an appearance--be it on the Today show or at a VF conference.

If she stayed home on bed rest and limited her appearances, she'd be cutting herself off from prime sources of narcissistic supply. And while I don't think she's consciously decided that's more important to her than seeing her pregnancy to term, I think that's what motivates her.

Conversely, he may be very much on the parental radar, but the show really limits their options in dealing with him.

If he has developed a decent business for himself, really did get that land or house he was trading his labor for, and has some of his own money from TLC, what would Michelle and Boob be able to do if he chooses to move into his own digs? So long as he's discreet about what he's doing and agrees to play ball with most staged events they can keep up the pretense that everyone is happy at home and will stay there until courtship ends in marriage. If they shun John just for wanting to be a normal 23 year old guy, they run the risk of some very bad publicity and that is absolutely the last thing Boob would want.

I don't think John is the wildly rebellious type (James darling, my money is on you) but if he's even moderately intelligent he should have figured out by now that he actually has Boob by the balls. If he doesn't want to turn out like Smuggar, saddled with tons of kids and entirely dependent on his father, now is the time to lay the groundwork for his future. And to maybe even kiss a few girls when there are no cameras around.

How many wannabe fundie princesses are going to want to be part of a lifestyle where every kiss, pregnancy pee stick, and birth are going to be televised? For people raised to be subversive and not question the headship, life with Duggars with howlers, roadtrips on a bus, lost girls, kisses to headship in every scene and private moments on camera are going to be scary. Anna appears to enjoy the lifestyle, but it must be noted that she was the first to be brought into the TTC on camera bash. Did she know then that a difficult birth would be filmed?

I can see several Duggarlings getting hitched after the cameras stop rolling. I live very much in the secular world, but I am introverted and there's no way I could be on any kind of TV show. I'm a union activist and I always hope that when I'm filmed protesting government cuts etc. that the media don't ask me for an on-screen soundbite. I certainly couldn't give birth on TV.

A logical person would realize Halle Berry has only had one other kid (a 5 year old) - as opposed to Mullet, who's had 19 kids in a row - and this includes multiple c-sections, a premie, and a recent miscarriage.

Could Michelle get pregnant? Sure. Could she carry another kid to term? Probably not.

Then again, common sense and logic don't really exist in the Duggar household.

A logical person would realize Halle Berry has only had one other kid (a 5 year old) - as opposed to Mullet, who's had 19 kids in a row - and this includes multiple c-sections, a premie, and a recent miscarriage.

Could Michelle get pregnant? Sure. Could she carry another kid to term? Probably not.

Then again, common sense and logic don't really exist in the Duggar household.

Michelle probably has no idea who Hallie Berry is and does not know about her pregnancy.

This is one of those times when the fundies' ignorance of popular culture can be considered a good thing.

Can't seem to find Part 6 of the episode... hmm...

Whoever it is uploading it has taken about a day (24hrs) to upload those first 5 parts.... Hopefully up soon.

I AM THE SAME AGE AS MICHELLE!!! A few months younger actually. I cannot even imagine being pregnant at this point in my life. :sad-roulette: If I ever post I am preggo you know I have gone :teasing-tease:

:lol:

I AM THE SAME AGE AS MICHELLE!!! A few months younger actually. I cannot even imagine being pregnant at this point in my life. :sad-roulette: If I ever post I am preggo you know I have gone :teasing-tease:

:lol:

Halle Berry is having her second child, not her 20th, which even at 46 should make some difference.

Funny my husband said the same thing about skirts (no matter what length), that it provided "easy access" (to anyone's penis. rofl).

I would love to hear this theory presented to the Duggars and see their reaction, LOL! Mostly because there's likely an element of truth to it from way way back in history. :twisted: :ew: :nenner:

How many wannabe fundie princesses are going to want to be part of a lifestyle where every kiss, pregnancy pee stick, and birth are going to be televised? For people raised to be subversive and not question the headship, life with Duggars with howlers, roadtrips on a bus, lost girls, kisses to headship in every scene and private moments on camera are going to be scary. Anna appears to enjoy the lifestyle, but it must be noted that she was the first to be brought into the TTC on camera bash. Did she know then that a difficult birth would be filmed?

I can see several Duggarlings getting hitched after the cameras stop rolling. I live very much in the secular world, but I am introverted and there's no way I could be on any kind of TV show. I'm a union activist and I always hope that when I'm filmed protesting government cuts etc. that the media don't ask me for an on-screen soundbite. I certainly couldn't give birth on TV.

I can definitely see John holding off until the show is over; I don't think he wants his courtship/dating, wedding and subsequent births of kids televised, given he seems to manage to limit his appearances. I don't think he is that rebellious, just knows his own mind and what he wants.

When Anna came on board, everyone both inside and outside the family got to see what to expect when if they get married and the show is still running. So it is likely that other fundie girls are avoiding Duggar boys like the plague right now because they know their entire lives post-marriage will be filmed and they will having nothing to say about it. Their prospects may improve after the show is over but who knows, other fundie families probably view the Duggars as crass attention-grabbers and may want none of their kids marrying into the family ever.

But John is an adult, and if he wanted to court/get married while the show was still running, he could put his foot down and say he didn't want any of it filmed. It definitely does depend on his personality and how assertive he is, which is difficult to tell from what we see on the show. He definitely has more agency in the matter than he adult female siblings, though. :(

Archived