IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

I kinda would like to have Smugs and Anna open a restaurant. The food would be just awful, tater tot casserole, chickenetti and frozen burgers, et al. I guess Boob thinks that Anna's food is good enough for a restaurant, though.

He has no taste at all.

Was Mullet pretending to cook today? It looked like most of the kids were foraging.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, she could have just ordered "kids meals" from chik fil a!

But really, everything she had was from sams club. They also have pre made pigs er cows in the blanket....

True that! She sure stressed herself out needlessly.

I kinda would like to have Smugs and Anna open a restaurant. The food would be just awful, tater tot casserole, chickenetti and frozen burgers, et al. I guess Boob thinks that Anna's food is good enough for a restaurant, though.

He has no taste at all.

Was Mullet pretending to cook today? It looked like most of the kids were foraging.

There was a short period in my recent life where I forgot that chickenetti existed. Thank you for reminding me of that blessing from God. (Or fundy housewives that are trained to be housewives but can't cook for shit.

There was a short period in my recent life where I forgot that chickenetti existed. Thank you for reminding me of that blessing from God. (Or fundy housewives that are trained to be housewives but can't cook for shit.

Dont forget the fraktaculous chicken biscuit thing! Go ahead and ask for the recipe on the FB page... :lol:

I enjoyed J'chelles close up of her delighted reaction to the news. Her eyes rocked back and forth like a cookoo clock when she tried to keep it sweet. Where is the pants on fire icon?

Last time I saw chicken biscuit was in a store where they make homemade dog and cat treats. :sick:

Dont forget the fraktaculous chicken biscuit thing! Go ahead and ask for the recipe on the FB page... :lol:

Or just go to the website and be amazed: duggarfamily.com/content/duggar_recipes/32965/ashton_s_chicken_n_a_biscuit :D

They could have condensed this episode to around 2 minutes: Josh, his family, and Amy stop by the TTH. Everyone gathers round and Josh says "Guess what, we're expecting!". The family yells "Yay". Grandma yells "Yay" from the laundry room. Tune in again next week.

If I watch the rerun I'm going to try to count the number of times Anna said 'ayaaannd'...it was getting me nuts.

What was the kimono comment? What did Jeremiah say?

Someone off cam asked what the boys thought about wearing kimonos, Jer and another J'boy (Justin?) had these really weird bewildered looks and nervous giggles and Jer said really matter of factly- "UH WE WERE NOT WEARING KIMONOS." probably because at the same time the girls were wearing them and doing the geisha thing and they thought that was the only meaning for kimono and THEY CAN'T WEAR ANYTHING WOMEN MIGHT WEAR *gasp*Oh and when Jackson (?) was shocked that there was a female samurai because it was a "boy thing" :? Just horrible.

Or just go to the website and be amazed: duggarfamily.com/content/duggar_recipes/32965/ashton_s_chicken_n_a_biscuit :D

Aren't you guys adorable. Thank you so much : )

Jana and Jill are gaining skills for future jobs? Mmm-hmm. They are 22 and 23, they should have jobs already.

Someone off cam asked what the boys thought about wearing kimonos, Jer and another J'boy (Justin?) had these really weird bewildered looks and nervous giggles and Jer said really matter of factly- "UH WE WERE NOT WEARING KIMONOS." probably because at the same time the girls were wearing them and doing the geisha thing and they thought that was the only meaning for kimono and THEY CAN'T WEAR ANYTHING WOMEN MIGHT WEAR *gasp*Oh and when Jackson (?) was shocked that there was a female samurai because it was a "boy thing" :? Just horrible.

Oh good lord.

When I google Chicken n biscuit, these products keep popping up in the search results.

science+diet.png

I was right. It IS a dog treat. (It even comes in different flavors in case the dog is picky and has a taste of it's own, unlike the Duggars.)

Aren't you guys adorable. Thank you so much : )

You're welcome. And after I said "amazed", I just found this :disgust: smilie to perfectly express my feelings after reading that one of the ingredients is "canned chicken". It brought back bad, bad memories of a whole chicken in a can. *shudder*

Cross-posted with you: Chicken biscuit sounds even more :disgust: now. (Sorry to those who can, but I just can't with tinned meat. Especially not after that whole chicken.)

Jana and Jill are gaining skills for future jobs? Mmm-hmm. They are 22 and 23, they should have jobs already.

The way Jim Bob talked about them, you'd think they were about seventeen.

2010_12_16-dogbiscuits.jpg

In case the Duggars need new recipes... I found a lovely website for them.

http://www.thekitchn.com/cookies-for-ca ... e-d-135078 I don't know if Jimbob will grind his teeth or not because these are actually very nice treats with some ingredients on the expensive side. Some people love to show their dogs how much their care by giving them the best nutrition available. Not sure Jim Bob is ready to do that for his children though.

Everyone loves getting cookies but dogs may be the most appreciative recipients of all! With ingredients like peanut butter, bacon, and carob, these dog biscuit recipes are sure to have tails wagging... And at least some of them are tasty even by human standards!

• Bachelor Dog Treats - Spago Executive Pastry Chef Sherry Yard shares her recipe with LA Weekly.

• Best of Breed Dog Biscuits - A vegetarian, vet-approved recipe at King Arthur Flour. (pictured above)

• Carob Crunchers - Doggy Dessert Chef developed this recipe for wheat-sensitive pups.

• Cinnamon Bun Bites - These treats from The Family Kitchen look so good, even we got hungry.

• Dog Biscuits - According to one of the reviewers of this Gourmet recipe, "My Great Danes loved them, so did my husband." Others said they were good with cheese! (pictured above)

• Homemade Doggie Treats - Dogs will love the bacon fat in this recipe from The Kitchn. (pictured above)

• Homemade Flax Seed Dog Biscuits - A great recipe accompanied by priceless photos from White on Rice Couple.

• Nutty Bacon Dog Treats - Dog Hill Kitchen's recipe includes bacon and maple syrup.

• Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats - This gluten-free recipe from Whole Foods includes parsley for breath freshening. (pictured above)

Hmm, not so sure. Flax seed and nuts are way too healthy and not enough floury and sugary and colory.

One thing I noticed tonight is how much Amy resembles James... that sort of flattish head on top/part way over on the side. It looks cute on her but not so much on him...

Notice how it seemed like the camera was intentionally showing Anna's feet while she was preparing the meal from hell? Yup. Barefoot. Barefoot and pregnant.

The chocolate poop diaper was gross. Here's an idea, Anna: what about making popsicles with pregnancy test sticks?

Actually the entire meal was gross with the exception of the edamame. I'm surprised they seemed so puzzled by it, after all, they did travel to Japan, right? Oh wait, they were munching on Snackables from home there.

Poor Grandma with all that laundry.

Random Thoughts:

1. The episode started out weird. It was like a Jill and Jana Midwife spin-off pilot. Also, Michelle talking about teaching the kids to take over for her and cherishing her kids was the way someone talks when dying, although I am sure she is fine.

2. How do you study anatomy and physiology by yourself and pass when you have never taken a real science class?

3. How much does Jana not want to be a midwife or a doula. It’s so obvious she is only “studying†because Jill cannot go anywhere alone.

4. I couldn’t help but think that something was wrong with Amy’s face when she arrived at Anna’s house. Did she get botox? Also, seeing Amy’s hair from the back made me want to buy her some conditioner. Amy looked so much better in the talking head segments.

5. I refuse to believe that the fucked up pumpkin turned into that baby carriage.

6. I don’t have kids so I don’t know if it’s normal but how do Josh and Anna have sex with Michael in the crib. I assume he sleeps through their two-minute baby making sessions.

7. I get the feeling that Anna does not host dinners unless there is a camera.

8. I think Josh may actually be the pregnant one.

9. I am sad that Jim Bob didn’t know what edamame was because I cannot imagine my life without it.

10. It’s obvious that Anna likes Amy, who is probably her only friend in that family. I Anna hanging around Amy can only help bring her into the 21st century. Anna has changed so much since she first married Josh, other than this million babies thing. Ms. Mousey is gone and no way is girlfriend ever going back to the double-wide.

11. Why did Jim Bob have to ask if Josh got the new couch at an auction? Can’t anyone in this family have anything new?

12. The answer to any Duggar surprise is always pregnancy or an upcoming boring trip.

Smugs bought that huge couch without Boob' s permission is what I got from that scene and Boob was not pleased.

Most of the snarkable moments I noted have already been discussed. There were a couple other points I noticed, though. First, when Jill and Jana are talking about their jobs and how supportive Boob and Mullet are , they note that their parents were happy when one wanted to be involved, but much more excited that 2 of them want to be involved with childbirth. I bet they are. Now they have an easy chaperone - no having to convince someone else to tag along. Second, Amy stated that she had just gotten off work when Anna called. Has she every held a real job that we know about

10. It’s obvious that Anna likes Amy, who is probably her only friend in that family.

not much of a friend as she was not included in the family invited to the dinner. the way they make it sound is anna only called her when she got overwhelmed and need help. that was kinda shitty. and if they were that close, she would not have told jessa first.

JB didn't know what edamame was and they JUST got back from Japan?

I've wondered if Jill has some missionary man in the wings. When the J'slaves were talking last season about finding mates and what they were looking for, one of them quipped that Jill likes "tall dark and handsome." Paired with the Spanish lessons, the useful midwifery skills... I dunno, wishful thinking for something to happen in these young women's lives??

When Anna was trying to keep Michael out of the kitchen, she said (paraphrasing) the best way for him to help was to give him something to eat...meaning, to keep him out of the way.

I chuckled thinking this must be the same method she uses on Josh. :)

Archived