IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let us all say a prayer for Dream Host that they dont have a Part 3 to their tuesday night unexpected shutdowns!

I think it might be easier to have one thread per new episode, or one thread per night of episodes if they show two new episodes. It makes it easier to find discussions specific to an episode.

On the topic of Josh and Anna househunting-- if they buy a place in the DC area (under Josh's name?), will we be able to look it up online somewhere? Or do you have to look up the records of each locality separately? Anyone know?

On the topic of Josh and Anna househunting-- if they buy a place in the DC area (under Josh's name?), will we be able to look it up online somewhere? Or do you have to look up the records of each locality separately? Anyone know?

If they buy a house, it'll be more like what stalker FJer can find it first (me me!)

If they buy a house, it'll be more like what stalker FJer can find it first (me me!)

The hard part will be determining which entity buys it. If one of the trusts buys the house it will be harder to randomly find without a clue as to where we're looking. They cant hide forever... Joshie will tag something on instagram within 3.5 seconds of moving in so... :dance:

So because Pris goes to visit Smugger and Anna, they realize that their shoebox won't hold another child? I doubt it. They should've thought about that after Mike was born. It was obvious that they weren't going to stop at two kids. Is this the beginning of the DC storyline?

Does 19 Kids stream on any of the paid services? I have Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix, but no cable TV. Or are there back issues in decent quality somewhere?

I am late watching the episodes but am still cringing/seething at the one J'boy (Jeremiah?? The one who doesn't look like anyone else) getting so immediately upset at the "kimonos" comment. I literally said "What the hell?" out loud. Like that time they did that Noah play and insisted they were NOT wearing dresses/skirts. I feel like TLC is really letting the ugly out in these episodes.

This family isn't cute or intriguing anymore, the only reason I sometimes have interest is to see if anyone has left yet or has SOMETHING actually going on in their lives that isn't babies, Gothard, servanthood, or smiling and spreading J.O.Y.

formerlyfundie, yeah that was Jeremiah (I only remember because he looks identical to a friend I have from college) who was convinced a kimono isn't a kimono. I think I literally facepalmed when the interviewer asked them about it and the boys reacted the way they did. He almost acted scared. It was so strange.

Am I the only one who thinking that everything the kids say is scripted? I can't be the only one. I've worked in theaters for years, I know the way a person's voice changes when they are reading off of a script. And it's bugging me in so many ways. It was possibly there before but I am noticing it clearly in the Duggars Asian Trilogy. I noticed it in the packing montage voice over and in something Anna said (don't remember exactly what it was. I could watch the episodes again, but... yeah)

formerlyfundie, yeah that was Jeremiah (I only remember because he looks identical to a friend I have from college) who was convinced a kimono isn't a kimono. I think I literally facepalmed when the interviewer asked them about it and the boys reacted the way they did. He almost acted scared. It was so strange.

Am I the only one who thinking that everything the kids say is scripted? I can't be the only one. I've worked in theaters for years, I know the way a person's voice changes when they are reading off of a script. And it's bugging me in so many ways. It was possibly there before but I am noticing it clearly in the Duggars Asian Trilogy. I noticed it in the packing montage voice over and in something Anna said (don't remember exactly what it was. I could watch the episodes again, but... yeah)

Something other than "SHHH! It's a secret!" at the end? That was almost painful.

Let us all say a prayer for Dream Host that they dont have a Part 3 to their tuesday night unexpected shutdowns!

If it wasn't for the fact that Dimbulb is, well a dimbulb, I'd say he was behind the shenanigans.

LOL. From ew.com announcing what is on TV tonight:

19 Kids and Counting

All that money from six seasons and still Jim Bob Duggar's hair looks like that?

Gives my a chance to play with the new toy Curious gave us:

:mullet:

If it wasn't for the fact that Dimbulb is, well a dimbulb, I'd say he was behind the shenanigans.

I thought it was a TLC conspiracy to force people to watch the show's first airing, rather than just getting a written blow-by-blow account.

Praying for Dream Host to surmount all obstacles on its Hazardous Journey to remain online for to-night's show!

Edited to say I'm no longer a Frumper Lover! Woohoo!

Interesting, my tv subtitles says the China show should be on right now, just before the new show. Guess it got pulled cause its a show about people shooting aliens!

Interesting, my tv subtitles says the China show should be on right now, just before the new show. Guess it got pulled cause its a show about people shooting aliens!

Check your channel, its definitely on TLC now

Ok, instead of a monster recap I'm going to do it by commercial break.

Timing appears to be in late fall based on the leaves/grass

New intro for Josie, she's now the "youngest daughter".

Michelle says that the home has changed - strollers and first steps to drivers licenses and first jobs(pictures of the frumpers). It can be "bittersweet" to watch them grow up... they will always be her babies and the house will never get too quiet.

HOLY SHIT THE CATS ARE ALIVE!

The house is decorated for christmas and Michelle's hair is kind of makeovery but cruchy still. Michelle talks about how much laundry grandma does while Jill and Jana sits on the bed with a laptop and a book. Jana is taking "childbirth coaching" while JIl is learning anatomy. Jana notes that she helps the WIFE through labor, not mothers or women. THey're also learning spanish.

Off to the birth center!

Michelle thinks that her allowing them to be there at her births has an impact on their choices. She and Boob are packing up some of their books at a table. Boob jokes as they're leaving "I hope everything comes out allright." :music-tool: Sidehugs for all!

Boob talking head says its hard to let the girls go and work. "Our babies are delivering babies." Jill and Jana say that they have been "encouraged to go out and learn as much as we can" (HI FREEJINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and they're very supportive.

Josh and Anna's house

Closeup of a pic of Anna eating Josh's face.

Anna blames the negative reading on crappy chinese tests (indirectly). She's wearing WAAAAAY too much makeup. Anna gives a timeline. 3 kids 4 years. It was 4 LOOOOONG months before she was knocked up with mac. On her first birthday they find out about Michael PIC IN TIMELINE IS TOILET SHOT!!!!!! :obscene-tolietpush: They found out on Mac's third birthday that she was prego - ultrasound shot. Apparently nothing happened in their lives between pregnancies because the timeline is blank.

Whats up with fucking with Mac's birthday?

Anna has morning sickness but is "thankful" that she can do what she "needs to do." Apparently Michelle is "always asking" about pregnancy.

Anna invites them over for a "theme dinner" - NOTE - THE HOUSE IS NOT DECORATED FOR CHRISTMAS ANYMORE... The kids dont know what a "theme" is.

(snip)

Closeup of a pic of Anna eating Josh's face.

The PDAs aren't enough, there needs to be PDA photos framed on the wall.

Anna blames the negative reading on crappy chinese tests (indirectly). She's wearing WAAAAAY too much makeup. Anna gives a timeline. 3 kids 4 years. It was 4 LOOOOONG months before she was knocked up with mac. On her first birthday they find out about Michael PIC IN TIMELINE IS TOILET SHOT!!!!!! :obscene-tolietpush: They found out on Mac's third birthday that she was prego - ultrasound shot. Apparently nothing happened in their lives between pregnancies because the timeline is blank.

I guess Anna really believes the whole purpose of her existence is producing babies. Being a newlywed meant nothing until she was an expectant mother. That's also how she can say "we're trying to get pregnant" one minute and "leaving it up to God" the next, because God wants her pregnant so they are the same thing.

Part 2:

House is decorated for christmas again. Michelle is "training" jenny to "replace" her in the kitchen. The howlers are shown opening cans in a way likely to slice their hands open. :shock: Josie puts her oranges in a disposable plastic bowl.

Back to Anna

There is a pumpkin on the counter which will become a "baby carrier". All the food is "baby" Mike is climbing all over the table.

Mac hasnt "officially been told". She's standing right next to Anna. Mac likes to "help" mommy in the kitchen and Anna is "thankful" and knows it will come in handy. Mike eats pretzels off the floor.

Giant frozen bag of tater tots YUM!

Mike left a "pretzel" trail. Anna says the kids are in the way and they're out of time - so its nap time. She puts them in her bed, which is sideways against the headboard.

Back to the tater tots and frozen sliders. Anna calls Amy for help. Amy isnt "working" and "just got off" and can come over to help. NOTE: "the family" was invited for dinner but clearly not famy. She's an afterthought to help?

If Anna says "thankful" one more time I'll scream.

Edited to say I'm no longer a Frumper Lover! Woohoo!

Congrats on the happy occasion! I loved being a "Vigorous leghumper". I wish I could have kept that status forever.

Archived