IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

:? Wow, everyone really wants Amy to get married.

Well, of course. She's damaged goods/needs to be made an honorable woman if she ever expects to make it to Heaven.

I would looooooove it if Amy got preggers. I'd pay to see them scramble over that.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure it's quite normal for co-sleeping parents to have sex in the family bed, so it must be for parents who have their baby in a crib in their room. I'm not a parent but this is what I gather from friends/family who are. Also - the bed isn't the only place to have sex. Since we know Josh now enjoys ebil cable, he surely has learnt about this via the adult channels by now.

Well, of course. She's damaged goods/needs to be made an honorable woman if she ever expects to make it to Heaven.

I would looooooove it if Amy got preggers. I'd pay to see them scramble over that.

Same here. :popcorn:

The two things that really stuck with me: at one point, Anna reminded me of Felicia Day, and Jessa (during her one, lonely TH) looked like Summer Glau.

STAAAAAP REMINDING ME OF PEOPLE I'M IN LOVE WITH

(My reaction. Hidden cuz I thought she was eating the cat at first, and freaked out. [she's not, BTW])

4d2.jpg

Yeah. I have other thoughts, but they're eluding me right now.

formerlyfundie, yeah that was Jeremiah (I only remember because he looks identical to a friend I have from college) who was convinced a kimono isn't a kimono. I think I literally facepalmed when the interviewer asked them about it and the boys reacted the way they did. He almost acted scared. It was so strange.

Am I the only one who thinking that everything the kids say is scripted? I can't be the only one. I've worked in theaters for years, I know the way a person's voice changes when they are reading off of a script. And it's bugging me in so many ways. It was possibly there before but I am noticing it clearly in the Duggars Asian Trilogy. I noticed it in the packing montage voice over and in something Anna said (don't remember exactly what it was. I could watch the episodes again, but... yeah)

I have ALWAYS felt that way when they do the talking heads. And, some of them seem to be trying to recall lines or looking to someone off screen for guidance in many episodes, particularly the kids under 10.

When Anna was trying to keep Michael out of the kitchen, she said (paraphrasing) the best way for him to help was to give him something to eat...meaning, to keep him out of the way.

I chuckled thinking this must be the same method she uses on Josh. :)

Actually, I once saw a psychologist on morning TV who said feeding kids to keep them quiet/occupied is one of the reasons behind the childhood obesity epidemic. Mom and Dad are busy and want a moment's peace, so they give Junior a snack. As long as he is eating, he is quiet. He is also sitting down while he eats, not tearing up the house like a howler monkey. (No, the TV psychologist did not use that term.) After awhile, it gets to be a habit and the kid gains too much weight.

I've also seen more recent reports where parents give their toddlers cell phones or ipads to play with. Again, it keeps the kid quiet and still, but in the long term it isn't good for their development.

I do think that Anna will probably stop at 4 or 5 kids. She was so overwhelmed with trying to make dinner with only 2 underfoot. I think it is because she wants to give the kids that she has the attention that they need.

My favorite LOL moments were as follows:

Anna: "Hey, Josh. MOVE!" while she was cooking in the kitchen. Metaphorical pants in the family: she wears them.

Howler 3 (Jason I think): "I guessed camping..."

Well, when none of the kids know what a "theme" is, I guess that's one possibility.

Also. why did the prenatal couples agree to be filmed? Are you really that comfortable with podunk SOTDRT "apprentices" fondling your immodest stomach on national tv and then helping you deliver it.

I agree Jana wants nothing to do with this birthing nonsense, but she knows they won't be allowed any real J O B S except motherhood and homeskewl mom (their current unpaid never-ending internships).

Anna's house is a 2 bed, right? Why are M&M still sleeping in THEIR room? The kids should be in their own room by now.

I was amazed at how much the younger kids have grown. And those shows were shot after China, which was Sept/Oct of last year.

Anna's house is a 2 bed, right? Why are M&M still sleeping in THEIR room? The kids should be in their own room by now.

I was amazed at how much the younger kids have grown. And those shows were shot after China, which was Sept/Oct of last year.

I'm in the UK so not up to date with the show - both kids are in Anna and Josh's room? I think Mack is still small enough for that not to be a huge issue but it does surprise me. The Duggars don't go in for attachment parenting, right?

I don't have kids, but shouldn't Michael's crib have the higher side out and the shorter side to the wall now?

Does 19 Kids stream on any of the paid services? I have Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix, but no cable TV. Or are there back issues in decent quality somewhere?

YouTube usually has reasonably good quality episodes up within a few days of airing (though it's not up yet). I'm in the UK so that's pretty much the only place I can find them.

Regarding comments about Jana not wanting to do the midwifery thing. Isn't something like midwifery one of the few "acceptable" jobs for unmarried women in Gothardism? Especially if there's a lot of flexibility in the schedule so she can attend to family obligations. I can see Jana being interested in it only insomuch as it might be her only choice besides raising children.

I don't have kids, but shouldn't Michael's crib have the higher side out and the shorter side to the wall now?

No, that's the way cribs go. You don't turn them. The higher side goes to the wall like a headboard, purely decorative.

Mac was sleeping in the "kidz" room & Mike was in J&A's room.

Mac was sleeping in the "kidz" room & Mike was in J&A's room.

I thought Mac was sleeping in matrimonial bed with Michael in the crib in the same room. She probably does have her own room, but maybe Anna is getting some early M-Slave training in by having her nap in the same room as her baby brother.

Regarding comments about Jana not wanting to do the midwifery thing. Isn't something like midwifery one of the few "acceptable" jobs for unmarried women in Gothardism? Especially if there's a lot of flexibility in the schedule so she can attend to family obligations. I can see Jana being interested in it only insomuch as it might be her only choice besides raising children.

It's one of the allowed "professions" in the SAHD movement

I met a family where they live this way, and both their daughters are studying to be 'midwifes" and doulas.

Kind of like the approved profession of Handmaiden's Tale or something.

I got the feeling Jana just started doing it to get out of the house. She does look happier but the babies are incidental.

They still can't cook either.

Ever notice all the menus, are frozen slop or horrible casseroles, they think that some veggie trays and fruit salad will help make up for?

I mean who would make beef pigs in the blankets along with frozen beef sliders?

It's one of the allowed "professions" in the SAHD movement

I met a family where they live this way, and both their daughters are studying to be 'midwifes" and doulas.

Kind of like the approved profession of Handmaiden's Tale or something.

I got the feeling Jana just started doing it to get out of the house. She does look happier but the babies are incidental.

She's clearly not interested in the work. I also think it's possible that Boob decided Jill needs a chaperone and Jana was assigned simply because she's her older sister. Latest Precious Addition has now graduated to Youngest Daughter (I think that's a signal from Michelle that she knows her baby-making days are finally over) so maybe Josie can just run with the rest of the pack of wildings when Jana Buddy is away.

They still can't cook either.

Ever notice all the menus, are frozen slop or horrible casseroles, they think that some veggie trays and fruit salad will help make up for?

All that from women who don't want to do anything with their lives but pray, birth and cook. They should have all the time and help to grow food and cook from scratch.

Im pretty sure Mackynzie has her own room... but Michaels bed is in Josh and Annas room... And anyway, there is nothing wrong with Mack napping OR sleeping in their room at night. Just sayin'. :)

That's a joke, right? She was feeding a ton of people. Perhaps she offered multiple choices because not everyone would have liked beef sliders. She put a lot of work into that, even if it was frozen food. Plus, it was supposed to be a fun little thing to announce the pregnancy. It doesn't mean she can't cook. It means she was feeding a ton of people, going with a theme and that's what she chose.

For the Jana/doula thing. Maybe she has a weak stomach and likes the coaching part more than the controlled part of the actual midwife. When I was looking into it, I liked the doula part more than the midwife area, simply because that area interested me more. If they are wanting to have their own practice, it makes a lot of sense that one would focus on one area and not the other. Smart, to me.

I also thought it was sweet that the 5th born got in on the secret. I read somewhere (I think it was a different forum) that Michelle didn't look happy at the announcement. I didn't get that from it at all. I guess we all interpret differently. We have to keep in mind that this is a GLIMPSE into their lives. And it's edited. So to see someone reaction in a 5 second shot and read SO much into it, when that might even be in continuity to what actually happened....well, then why watch? Seems like a waste of time to me.

I have ALWAYS felt that way when they do the talking heads. And, some of them seem to be trying to recall lines or looking to someone off screen for guidance in many episodes, particularly the kids under 10.

I agree, I feel when watching Jessa and Jinger particularly that both of them really restrict their answers to a lot of things, possibly because a parent or someone else is standing there listening. You can tell they want to say more but don't, and Jinger goes into awkward can't-complete-a-sentence giggle mode when you can see in her face she has more to say. Jessa almost talks for her a lot and even then you can see that Jessa probably has a lot of opinions and a big personality but is careful not so show it too much. I've never taken her for a submissive type. Can't have a woman with a brain and a big mouth you know? :roll:

I thought Mac was sleeping in matrimonial bed with Michael in the crib in the same room. She probably does have her own room, but maybe Anna is getting some early M-Slave training in by having her nap in the same room as her baby brother.

Nope, They seem to have a double(queen maybe) bed in the 2nd bedroom turned sideways against the headbord & the crib is in their room.

Im pretty sure Mackynzie has her own room... but Michaels bed is in Josh and Annas room... And anyway, there is nothing wrong with Mack napping OR sleeping in their room at night. Just sayin'. :)

I thought Anna put Mac to bed first in the room with the headboard sideways. Then she took Michael into the room with the Mom and Dad sign on the door and put him in a crib. The bed in the room with the crib was positioned differently than where Mac was napping. Who knows with the wacky editing that goes on.

[...] We have to keep in mind that this is a GLIMPSE into their lives. And it's edited. So to see someone reaction in a 5 second shot and read SO much into it, when that might even be in continuity to what actually happened....well, then why watch? Seems like a waste of time to me.

Archived