IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

I can't help but feel like with this week being all about the J&A reveal and next week being all about Annas sister visiting with a small segment on book and Smuggar weight loss, this is TLC slowly phasing us into the Josh and Ann show where we see Boob and Dj occasionally. It's terrifying :disgust:

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught my husband watching the Duggars last night. His only comments were "how can these assholes afford to go to Asia?" and "why the hell don't they make their kids wear real shoes when they're climbing on the Great Wall of China?" We have daughters, and he can't stand it when the kids go out somewhere to do active things in sandals.

I haven't seen the episode yet (I think it TiVo'd though). So I assume the theme of Anna's party was "baby". Did she pick edamame because it has "mommy" in it?

I haven't seen the episode yet (I think it TiVo'd though). So I assume the theme of Anna's party was "baby". Did she pick edamame because it has "mommy" in it?

I am struggling with the edamame as well. I can't really see how it fit the theme, and I agree with the previous poster who mentioned that having recently spent time in Japan, one would think they would at least recognize them as "not green bean."

Maybe it's a kind of 'peas in a pod' thing? I know edamame aren't peas but it's a similar look.

I must confess to not liking edamame - but I don't like any beans or pulses. The texture is horrible to me.

I am struggling with the edamame as well. I can't really see how it fit the theme, and I agree with the previous poster who mentioned that having recently spent time in Japan, one would think they would at least recognize them as "not green bean."

I get the "cows in a blanket" and think the edamame is because of "mommy." I'm not sure about the "sliders. "

As for "cooking" for that many people... she has a crock pot, that would have been a much better idea. They had MANY references about how "small" the house was and so HARD it was to cook... blah blah blah. Even the smoke alarm thing is a knock at the house. TLC is totally just setting the stage to see if the humpers want a VSE of Joshie's new house. I vote NO.

I get the "cows in a blanket" and think the edamame is because of "mommy." I'm not sure about the "sliders. "

As for "cooking" for that many people... she has a crock pot, that would have been a much better idea. They had MANY references about how "small" the house was and so HARD it was to cook... blah blah blah. Even the smoke alarm thing is a knock at the house. TLC is totally just setting the stage to see if the humpers want a VSE of Joshie's new house. I vote NO.

You can even keep baked potatoes warm in a slow cooker, wrapped in foil - a baked potato bar is a really fun and easy party meal.

Buzzard, I truly love your recaps and commentary. It is actually better than watching the show! I wish TLC would allow you to post the pop ups. It would make for a whole different experience. I know I say this every week but thank you.

Buzzard, I truly love your recaps and commentary. It is actually better than watching the show! I wish TLC would allow you to post the pop ups. It would make for a whole different experience. I know I say this every week but thank you.

:wink-kitty:

I was going to say the same thing, mainly because most of that food had to be downright cold by the time it was eaten. A few large crock pots full of food, along with the veg trays would have been so much better and easier. Or club sandwiches instead of the gross sliders would have worked, as they don't need to be hot and are typically cut into small segments, so they would fit the "baby" theme. When we have get togethers for large amounts of people, that is how we roll. I've cooked for 20+ people more times than I can count (we love to entertain) and I've done it in some small kitchens, and I would die before making people eat something that came out of the oven and sat around for an hour or more.

Another option would have been to ask to use the industrial kitchen at the TTH and make everyone stay out until it was ready.

facebook.com/pages/A-Mommys-Butterfly-Midwifery/155580851151697

Jill and Jana are all over the pics on the page. Looks like the humpers havent found it yet because it hasnt been bombarded with stoopid questions.

The "about" section says that Vanessa Giron is a CPM in Arkansas and TeXas. She also speaks spanish. I'm sure that is intentional if Jill is to be the mother of Michelle's adopted south american child.

birthnetworknwa.org/provider-directory/profiles/venessa-giron/

Venessa Giron has had a passion for babies and their mommies since before she could remember. Since her teenage years she has been a caregiver in one capacity or another. Her calling in the medical field began early in life when she started volunteering in the NICU and pediatrics in high school tending to the babies. She spent three years in nursing school before God directed her on a different path. It seemed that midwifery was her high calling. After a year of a grueling internship at a high volume birthing center, she finished up her apprenticeship in a small homebirth practice in Arkansas.

Hmmm.... I'm gonna need the full backstory here. Three years then you drop out to intern as a midwife???

Anyway, here's her livejournal. She's a sad one.

midwifenesa.livejournal.com

Sliders = small (baby) hamburgers

She was reaching a bit far with that one though. I think if people started saying the names of the food out loud they would have caught on faster (i.e. baby carrots, baby corn, etc.). Seriously though, I don't think the dinner was cohesive enough to make a theme.

I think they could have come up with a better door prize than a fun-sized candy bar wrapped in a disposable diaper. Those diapers are full of chemicals and there's no way I'd eat something out of one of them. Not to mention the money they wasted on those. Why not take some clean cheese cloth, fold it like a diaper and pop a candy car in and use a diaper pin to close it? Or they could have bought some empty decorative baby bottles (they're for baby showers) at a craft store and filled them with jelly beans or something.

facebook.com/pages/A-Mommys-Butterfly-Midwifery/155580851151697

Jill and Jana are all over the pics on the page. Looks like the humpers havent found it yet because it hasnt been bombarded with stoopid questions.

The "about" section says that Vanessa Giron is a CPM in Arkansas and TeXas. She also speaks spanish. I'm sure that is intentional if Jill is to be the mother of Michelle's adopted south american child.

birthnetworknwa.org/provider-directory/profiles/venessa-giron/

Hmmm.... I'm gonna need the full backstory here. Three years then you drop out to intern as a midwife???

Anyway, here's her livejournal. She's a sad one.

midwifenesa.livejournal.com

I'm confused about Vanessa Giron (who is indeed a sad one). Is she at Mommy's Butterfly or some other place. Based on her journal, she seems to be elsewhere. And what is her relationship with the Duggettes. Is she a supervisor?

I'm confused about Vanessa Giron (who is indeed a sad one). Is she at Mommy's Butterfly or some other place. Based on her journal, she seems to be elsewhere. And what is her relationship with the Duggettes. Is she a supervisor?

She seems to be the owner/supervisor at Mommy's Butterfly. The journal ends in 2008, back when she was low man on the totem pole. She then seems to have had some real experience in texas and then moved to Arkansas. Unlike Brandi from home4birth (see the epic carrie thread) I cant find anything even slightly negative about her. She seems to be a fairly "standard" CPM who happens to be single. I cant find anything that it pinging crazy or uber religious.

Thanks Buzzard. I didn't realized how old the journal is. However, based on the journal, she does have a fairly strong faith in the Christian God....he apparently got her a car. Wonder if that will work for me?

Thanks Buzzard. I didn't realized how old the journal is. However, based on the journal, she does have a fairly strong faith in the Christian God....he apparently got her a car. Wonder if that will work for me?

Xgay may be getting a tailer, Schrader got a plane... you never know!

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ? My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends...

I really like the idea by the posters who thought "edamame" has the sound "mommy" in it, and that's why it was used for the baby-theme food from hell dinner. Alas, I'm afraid homophone* puns are beyond the reach of poor Anna and pals.

*just that term would scare them off, you know.

I really like the idea by the posters who thought "edamame" has the sound "mommy" in it, and that's why it was used for the baby-theme food from hell dinner. Alas, I'm afraid homophone* puns are beyond the reach of poor Anna and pals.

*just that term would scare them off, you know.

Kind of like when we scared the humpers on the 19KAC FB page by saying that 'everyone masticates' or dies...

How is this for a plan for Duggar #20?

Jill finishes her midwife training and gets a job at one of those Christian homes for unwed mothers. She makes friends with some troubled young mother-to-be and tells her about a wonderful Christian family (her own) who would love to welcome a new baby into their happy home...

How is this for a plan for Duggar #20?

Jill finishes her midwife training and gets a job at one of those Christian homes for unwed mothers. She makes friends with some troubled young mother-to-be and tells her about a wonderful Christian family (her own) who would love to welcome a new baby into their happy home...

You could be on to something, here.

Buzzards recaps are hilarious

Michael is clearly not blanket trained.

Anna seems to really love her kids and wants to spend time with them.

Mac is adorable.

The midwife part COULD become a spinoff indeed.

not much of a friend as she was not included in the family invited to the dinner. the way they make it sound is anna only called her when she got overwhelmed and need help. that was kinda shitty. and if they were that close, she would not have told jessa first.

But Amy's mom was there....last minute invite since they invited Amy?

Archived