IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

Random Thoughts:

1. The episode started out weird. It was like a Jill and Jana Midwife spin-off pilot. Also, Michelle talking about teaching the kids to take over for her and cherishing her kids was the way someone talks when dying, although I am sure she is fine.

2 etc.

I have to add....did anyone else notice that when Anna put Mac to bed, she was still chomping on a carrot????? Holy cow, choking hazard. She shouldn't even be walking around with a carrot at 3, let alone eating in bed.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
itaintmebabe wrote:

Notice how it seemed like the camera was intentionally showing Anna's feet while she was preparing the meal from hell? Yup. Barefoot. Barefoot and pregnant.

Anna might have been able to prepare the meal faster if she hadn't been walking barefoot on a floor with broken pretzels. :think:

I don't believe the Duggars didn't realize what the 'surprise' was before they arrived, though I do believe the clues weren't much help to them. Michael was over a year old, Josh & Anna don't use birth control, Anna kept mentioning that they were trying to get pregnant when they were in Asia, she didn't want to touch raw seafood, etc.

I get the "cows in a blanket" and think the edamame is because of "mommy." I'm not sure about the "sliders. "

As for "cooking" for that many people... she has a crock pot, that would have been a much better idea. They had MANY references about how "small" the house was and so HARD it was to cook... blah blah blah. Even the smoke alarm thing is a knock at the house. TLC is totally just setting the stage to see if the humpers want a VSE of Joshie's new house. I vote NO.

Babies just slideright out :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Anna might have been able to prepare the meal faster if she hadn't been walking barefoot on a floor with broken pretzels. :think:

I don't believe the Duggars didn't realize what the 'surprise' was before they arrived, though I do believe the clues weren't much help to them. Michael was over a year old, Josh & Anna don't use birth control, Anna kept mentioning that they were trying to get pregnant when they were in Asia, she didn't want to touch raw seafood, etc.

Not to mention the presence of cameras...

But Amy's mom was there....last minute invite since they invited Amy?

Maybe FAMY was invited all along, but Anna just called her to come early and help. I know it didn't sound that way on the phone, but editing an all....you never know.

Not to mention the presence of cameras...

Maybe they thought the theme was dentistry. That's the only other time the cameras are ALWAYS there for, right?

Teaser or can Josh really break free? IDK super glue can be very strong. :lol: Get it, because he is stuck with his family.

Jana and Jill are gaining skills for future jobs? Mmm-hmm. They are 22 and 23, they should have jobs already.

I feel like Jana is becoming a doula because Jill wants to be a midwife and isn't allowed to leave the the house on her own. Duggar solution: Jana suddenly wants to be a doula.

I feel like Jana is becoming a doula because Jill wants to be a midwife and isn't allowed to leave the the house on her own. Duggar solution: Jana suddenly wants to be a doula.

I feel like I remember Jana having said something in the past about wanting to be a midwife. Maybe she had an initial interest in it, so they sent her and Jill out to learn about it, but now that Jana realized it's not for her, there's no way out because Jill's into it. But I feel like Jana's the kind of person who would just go along with it and not say anything about disliking it.

I feel like I remember Jana having said something in the past about wanting to be a midwife. Maybe she had an initial interest in it, so they sent her and Jill out to learn about it, but now that Jana realized it's not for her, there's no way out because Jill's into it. But I feel like Jana's the kind of person who would just go along with it and not say anything about disliking it.

Jana wanted to be a midwife like all 19 Duggar kids wanted pickles for easter.

I get the "cows in a blanket" and think the edamame is because of "mommy." I'm not sure about the "sliders. "

A slider is a "baby hamburger" duh!

I am in the middle of it now (it did TiVo!).

Thankful thankful thankful! Do you think Anna is thankful? And yeah, I think Jana was told that she wanted to be a doula, not asked if she wanted to be one. At least it gets her out of the house, even if it is with that tool Jill.

Mr. Shrdlu buys those Costco sliders sometimes. I think they're kind of yucky. Costco meatballs are pretty good though. She could have put those in a crock pot with some barbecue sauce and had meatball sliders instead - it would have been easier because they wouldn't have had to be baked.

eta: and I never would have guessed it's pronounced "midwiffery." WTF??

Babies just slideright out :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Then she should have made the pumpkin look like a toilet!!

Naw. That show was taped last fall. If Joshie was in a new house, he'd have been strutting his tail feathers all over Instagram! That man boy can't keep a secret!

This recap from crushable made me literally laugh out loud (not breaking link because it's crushable)

http://www.crushable.com/2013/04/03/ent ... -pregnant/

My favorite quote:

Soon after she and Jim Bob Duggar wax poetic about the hardships of letting their adult daughters work, their daughter-in-law Anna calls to invite the entire family over for a surprise theme dinner. Michelle tells the family that they’re going over for a theme dinner at Anna’s where she’s going to make some kind of special announcement.

The kids lose their minds trying to think of what the surprise could possibly be. Is she moving? Is she buying a new denim skirt? Is she going to start using tongue when she kisses her husband? WHAT COULD IT BE?

Since earlier in the article she mentions them needing more education, I wish she would have mentioned none of the kids knowing what a "theme" was. I think the howlers are mostly old enough to know that by now. Maybe the Lost Girls still get a pass due to age.

This recap from crushable made me literally laugh out loud (not breaking link because it's crushable)

http://www.crushable.com/2013/04/03/ent ... -pregnant/

My favorite quote:

Since earlier in the article she mentions them needing more education, I wish she would have mentioned none of the kids knowing what a "theme" was. I think the howlers are mostly old enough to know that by now. Maybe the Lost Girls still get a pass due to age.

I haz teh happeez that crushable is back to Duggar snarking. :dance:

I haz teh happeez that crushable is back to Duggar snarking. :dance:

Me too! It was crushable that led me to FJ :-) I always like their articles on the Duggars!

Me too! It was crushable that led me to FJ :-) I always like their articles on the Duggars!

Maybe they'll link to us again. :pray:

Maybe they'll link to us again. :pray:

I think they probably don't link to us right now since we require registration. Hopefully, once we are open again, they will start linking to us again :)

Where is the pants on fire icon?

ask and you shall receive (within reason) :liar:

I also found this guy, which isn't exactly pants on fire, but closeish: :fire-nanner:

Anyone notice Joy burst through the door, push past Anna to go hug Amy. I wonder if they don`t get to spend much time together anymore.

I enjoyed Anna telling Josh to MOVE when he was in the kitchen. Keepin sweet.

I can't recall seeing John at the festivities. Is he really still living in the Howler dorm or has he quietly moved into his own place?

facebook.com/pages/A-Mommys-Butterfly-Midwifery/155580851151697

Jill and Jana are all over the pics on the page. Looks like the humpers havent found it yet because it hasnt been bombarded with stoopid questions.

Looking at the pictures, you can really see the difference in Jana and Jill's attitudes towards being a midwife. Jana's smile and posture in the pictures of her looks posed, while Jill looks genuinely enthusiastic.

Jana: I'm going to stand here holding the baby and smiling because it's what I'm supposed to do.

Jill: Ooh, baby! Babybabybabybabybabycaniholdit?

Fellow snarkers:

I give you - the face sucking picture they have in their living room. Because everyone wants a pic of them eating their husband's face on display for the world to see. It TOTALLY proves you have an AWESOME marriage. Also, and significantly upping the ridiculousness factor, the pic appears to be recent. Isnt that the red maternity sweater we saw her wear at the treasury?

post-315-14451997699074_thumb.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

That face sucking picture is really creepy (especially as when I first saw it I thought it was Michelle o_O Must be the curly hair ...). I think it rather epitomises fundies' screwed up views of sex/romantic touching; it's totally normal for couples to have pictures of themselves in a chaste cuddle, but as fundies see little difference between handsex and sex-sex they don't seem to realise that, married or not, there's a line.

Either that or Anna is miserable in her marriage and has to display that picture in an attempt to convince everyone, herself included, that she's really very happy.

Archived