IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know what prompted this tweet.

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson 4h

Every 43 hrs a registered sex offender tries to obtain a volunteer or employment position at a nonprofit that provides services to children.

The little boy referenced by Nate occasionally is not the fosterchild. The fosterchild is a older elementary/pre-teen girl. It's publically visible on Tricia's FB page.

Nate has mentioned that little boy is a nephew. The reason I thought the foster child was a boy was because Nate took a picture of a hat that someone made for the foster child and it looked like a boy's Hulk hat.

She might be tomboyish but there's a family picture on Tricia's public profile on FB and it's a pre-teen girl. A commentor states on the picture that's it's amazing how their foster daughter fits right into the family and looks like one of them (which ftr drives me CRAZY about fostering and adoption to hear how a kid *must* be yours or meant to be yours because they look like you, it totally negates their genetics that they do NOT share with you, but another soapbox for another day).

I thought they weren't allowed to put up pics of the foster child online.

I see a picture of a foster daughter with the caption: "Here we are with our foster daughter who stayed with us from December 2010-October 2011."

Yes but the pictures were current a year later and another picture references the girls as sisters also a year after they supposed did not have the foster anymore but current age of Gwen.

I thought they weren't allowed to put up pics of the foster child online.

I see a picture of a foster daughter with the caption: "Here we are with our foster daughter who stayed with us from December 2010-October 2011."

I saw that pic and another one of her with Gwyneth.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 3h

Tricia, Gwyneth and I will be at this Great Strides Cystic Fibrosis event tomorrow! Hope to see you there! http://www.carolinaparent.com/thingstod ... ides-27193 …

Suzanne Hollin ‏@SuzHollin 18h

@NathanLawrenson I never ever tweet but I always read your Twitter. Just want to say you rock! Wish more people were like you. Keep on!

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 6h

@SuzHollin thank you.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 19h

President Obama supports the murder of those born via botched abortion. His words, not mine. Pray for our country. thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2013/04/12/what-does-the-president-of-the-united-states-believe-about-infants-born-alive-after-a-botched-abortion/ …

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

Sorry...not sure where the confusion has come from, but Tricia is not in the hospital. Has only spent a few days in the hospital past year.

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

Sorry...not sure where the confusion has come from, but Tricia is not in the hospital. Has only spent a few days in the hospital past year.

I thought she was at Duke for quite some time? Is that not considered a hospital? Is he splitting hairs?

I'm confused, although I am sure it's none of my business.

I thought she was at Duke for quite some time? Is that not considered a hospital? Is he splitting hairs?

I'm confused, although I am sure it's none of my business.

I could be wrong, but I think they are staying near Duke (and away from the kids), but she isn't inpatient. He mentions ED visits, etc., when she is having problems.

I started to feel bad for Gwen when Nate tweeted a couple of weeks back that he wants his children to be godly rather than happy. Nate isn't as extreme as other fundies like the Maxwells or even the Duggars in some ways. Gwen will have certain freedoms that hardcore fundies don't have. Sadly, Nate's fundie lite attitude will still have effects on Gwen.

As for Tricia and her hospital stays, I think maybe some of Nate's followers misunderstood certain things. On Tricia's instagram page there are a couple of pics that sort of imply that she had hospital stays, but they could have been day procedures.

Searching online for some dirt about this douche, and found this site. LOVE IT! His Twitter has been very quiet today, though?

Searching online for some dirt about this douche, and found this site. LOVE IT! His Twitter has been very quiet today, though?

Hi welcome to FJ. Yup, Nate hasn't tweeted in two days. I bet he starts up again tomorrow.

I started to feel bad for Gwen when Nate tweeted a couple of weeks back that he wants his children to be godly rather than happy. Nate isn't as extreme as other fundies like the Maxwells or even the Duggars in some ways. Gwen will have certain freedoms that hardcore fundies don't have. Sadly, Nate's fundie lite attitude will still have effects on Gwen.

As for Tricia and her hospital stays, I think maybe some of Nate's followers misunderstood certain things. On Tricia's instagram page there are a couple of pics that sort of imply that she had hospital stays, but they could have been day procedures.

This bothered me too. Happy is probably a lot easier and healthy to obtain and maintain anyhow and far more likely to bring good into the lives of others than a pursuit of godliness.

I hope he is maybe less harsh in his actual parenting.

She seems like a happy little girl. I hope they shield her from as much of the uncertainty as they can until Tricia dies. That's too much stress for a child.

It is probably impossible to be harsh with Gwen because of her issues and Tricia's health.

This bothered me too. Happy is probably a lot easier and healthy to obtain and maintain anyhow and far more likely to bring good into the lives of others than a pursuit of godliness.

I hope he is maybe less harsh in his actual parenting.

I hope so too. The pics he posts online of him and Gwen show a very happy father/daughter relationship. I've said this before, but I get a dark and shady vibe from Nate. Sometime back he posted something on twitter or facebook about spanking and it seemed he believes in it. Add in the fact that Nate's dad is a pastor, I can see religion being heavily pushed on Gwyneth. Nate's hateful attitude also scares me and I can picture him teaching Gwen to hate gay people, Catholics, transgendered people, etc.

She might end up resenting it and turning away from religion. Or she might do exactly what Nate does and hate on everyone :/

I've read rumors that Nate's entire (or most if) story is fake. Like, he's making it all up. I find it hard to believe, but I also wouldn't put it past a guy like him. Any thoughts in this?

I've read rumors that Nate's entire (or most if) story is fake. Like, he's making it all up. I find it hard to believe, but I also wouldn't put it past a guy like him. Any thoughts in this?

Doubt it. He's posted photos of both Tricia and Gwyneth at various stages of illness. Regardless of my feelings about his utter lack of respect for their privacy, I'd be really surprised if they were fake and no one had called him out yet. He has a decently large internet presence, and it was even bigger when he still blogged. The online CF community seems pretty tight-knit (out of necessity since they can't do real-life gatherings anymore, I suppose) and I really can't imagine them letting a fake fly under the radar. His father is pretty easily searchable and has an internet presence of his own.

So yeah, I'm certainly no Nathan Lawrenson apologist, but I don't think he's fake, unless you're referring to something other than the preacher's son/CF husband/preemie dad bits.

Doubt it. He's posted photos of both Tricia and Gwyneth at various stages of illness. Regardless of my feelings about his utter lack of respect for their privacy, I'd be really surprised if they were fake and no one had called him out yet. He has a decently large internet presence, and it was even bigger when he still blogged. The online CF community seems pretty tight-knit (out of necessity since they can't do real-life gatherings anymore, I suppose) and I really can't imagine them letting a fake fly under the radar. His father is pretty easily searchable and has an internet presence of his own.

So yeah, I'm certainly no Nathan Lawrenson apologist, but I don't think he's fake, unless you're referring to something other than the preacher's son/CF husband/preemie dad bits.

I think Lonely Boy might be referring to something other Tricia and Gwyneth. Like you said, pictures prove that Tricia has CF and Gwyneth was preemie and has problems because of it. Other things about Nate's story and stuff on the blog could be fake or were embellished. I've read articles that were written around the time Gwyneth was born and after Tricia's transplant. Nate and Tricia paint the doctors who recommended terminating the pregnancy as malicious types. I agree with another poster's view that Nate acted as if doctors were chasing Tricia around with a wire hanger. I think the main concern of the doctors was for Tricia who wasn't in the best health status at the time. In one of the articles that talks about Gwyneth's first weeks of life, Nate says he was able to to glide his wedding ring all the way to up to her shoulder. I think that is possible with a micropreemie, but a part me wondered if it was an exaggeration. Some of the things he says on twitter about Duke seem exaggerated.

I did a find this blog that was devoted to exposing Interenet trolls and frauds. It hasn't been updated in years. There is an entry from 2008 that features comments that discuss Nate and Tricia. People were questioning the trust fund and Nate's dad posted on that blog saying that Nate isn't charge of the trust fund. Several comments were removed by the blog admin, so it is hard to tell if the deleted comments were about Nate.

http://exposetrolls.blogspot.com/2008/08/from-gina.html

(I'm not breaking the link because the blog hasn't been updated in four years and it is a non fundie site)

I've said it before in this thread, but I think there is something shady about Nate and the exposethetrolls and the mwop blog commenters seem to also get the shady vibe. I think some people wonder about Nate's finances and how the trust fund is used, for a few puzzling reasons. First off, Nate's job is with his daddy's church. Church jobs don't pay that well and I can see some wondering how he and Tricia make it financially. They seem to either be living in apartment or extended stay hotel in Durham. Nate whined about homeowner's insurances policies on twitter. They own a home near the beach in Nags Head. Some of the co-pays for Tricia and Gwyneth have to add up at some point

I think Nate's family covers for him a lot. The other relative who works for the church probably takes care of Nate's work duties and Nate still collects pay checks. I wouldn't be surprised if Nate or Tricia's relatives help them out with bills and groceries. The relatives could also be helping support Gwyneth. A commenter on the mwop blog seemed to have some kind of insider about the Nags Head Church. She mentioned something about letters being sent to church members urging them to donate to Tricia's trust fund.

Archived