IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

The bolded part is what makes me the most angry. Happiness doesn't matter? what kind of crap is that? That's really pathetic and awful to say :/

I hope Nate changes his mind later on, at least.

I accidentally bolded that by mistake. I agree with you too.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nate posted this on twitter.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 27m

True Love. #love instagram.com/p/XXN-ZfDVfI/

f2315b1496e211e288ea22000a1f9318_6.jpg

Yeah Nate some people don't believe in the Kingdom of Christ. Also Nate have you ever heard Horus or Mitras? Nate you should be worrying about your wife's health. Gay marriage isn't hurting you or speshul snowflake family. No gay couples are ever going to seek your precious daddy's church to get married in. I'll be a bitch and say that most able bodied gay and lesbian Americans have contributed more in a fiscal sense to this country than Tricia has. Don't they receive the same rights as you and her? Also Nate your daughter has a disability and I guarantee you that at least one person is going to discriminate against her. If you don't want anyone discriminating against your disabled child, also think about gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders. Also, Nate's situation with his family probably isn't as normal by many people in society. I wonder if Nate has studied the Holocaust deeply, the Nazis also killed disabled people, gypsies,and gay people in addition to Jews.

I think its sad that fundie parents dont care about their childrens happiness as long as they grow up into fundies.

I think its far better to hope for a child to be happy and successful at what they want to do, and be a good person. I dont care what religion my future kids choose (as long as they dont get sucked into a cult), as religion doesnt matter, its morals that make you a good person.

Yeah, I wouldn't care if my child believed or didn't believe in religion (or which one). I would just want them to be happy above all else. Gwen may end up resenting her dad if he keeps on pushing this stuff on her.

Yeah, I wouldn't care if my child believed or didn't believe in religion (or which one). I would just want them to be happy above all else. Gwen may end up resenting her dad if he keeps on pushing this stuff on her.

I can also see Gwen resenting later on. It is a huge possibility. I hate to say this, but after Tricia dies, I see Nate becoming a very controlling parent.

This seems to be referring to gay marriage

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 26m

Ever notice how slippery slope arguments are only ever deemed invalid by those who are already slipping?

Have you every noticed how people who disagree with me never deem themselves to be wrong?

Duhhhh Nate. "People who think they are right will not concede the utterly self-evident fact that they are wrong! It's an interesting phenomena and not the result of natural disagreement in which I should actually be able to back up my claims."

Not to detract from Nate, but Meg Moore, aka megmucus, has passed away. She was part of the 65_Redroses documentary, along with Eva Markvoort. Tomorrow will mark three years since Eva's passing. CF sucks.

Yeah, I hope the father-in-law gets better.

Oh NO! I've been following her blog ever since 65_Redroses and it was clear that she was going downhill, but I'm still surprised somehow. She posted a while back saying she wanted to live long enough to see her son tie his own shoes (he's 1)...I wish she could have at least had that. Feeling so sad for her, her family and especially her little boy...CF is a cruel fucker.

I know! I knew she was sick, but it was still a surprise to me. It was announced on the 65_Redroses page. I checked her LJ every day. I thought there were no updates because she was in treatment, I had no idea that she was so ill that she passed away.

Well, I guess Meg and Eva are with the other CF'ers who have passed. I can't believe it's been three years since Eva left us :(

Daddy Lawrenson's tweet.

Rick Lawrenson ‏@RickLawrenson 38m

The demise of current cultural mores is the inability to think with our brains and only to think with our feelings.

Well, Pastor Lawrenson, if you want us to think with our brains and not our feelings. I will think about evolution and the fact that marriage isn't a Christian owned concept.

Riiiiiiiiight, Daddy L. :roll:

And here's some info about Meg Moore's passing:

"Several days ago, Meg required emergency surgery due to gastric complications. In her weakened state, she developed peritonitis and infection. She died March 26th at 7:30am. She was twenty five years old."

From the 65_Redroses page on Facebook.

"Several days ago, Meg required emergency surgery due to gastric complications. In her weakened state, she developed peritonitis and infection. She died March 26th at 7:30am. She was twenty five years old."

Thank you, I looked her up on Google and couldn't find anything. How awful.

Yeah Nate some people don't believe in the Kingdom of Christ. Also Nate have you ever heard Horus or Mitras? Nate you should be worrying about your wife's health. Gay marriage isn't hurting you or speshul snowflake family. No gay couples are ever going to seek your precious daddy's church to get married in. I'll be a bitch and say that most able bodied gay and lesbian Americans have contributed more in a fiscal sense to this country than Tricia has. Don't they receive the same rights as you and her? Also Nate your daughter has a disability and I guarantee you that at least one person is going to discriminate against her. If you don't want anyone discriminating against your disabled child, also think about gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders. Also, Nate's situation with his family probably isn't as normal by many people in society. I wonder if Nate has studied the Holocaust deeply, the Nazis also killed disabled people, gypsies,and gay people in addition to Jews.

I'm sorry, but this statement really, really upset me.

Let me say first that I completely understand what you are saying, and do not agree with Nate's judgmental, elitist, homophobic and general a**holery. But as someone who had to stop working years ago because my CF was progressing, I often struggle with the idea that I'm not only not contributing enough to our lives, our relationship, and society in general, but that I'm costing my husband his hard-earned money, effort and time fighting a disease that's going to take me down no matter what I do.

Yeah, I always worried that people might see me as less contributing and therefore less worthy, and now I realize that some people actually believe it to be so. Ignorance is was bliss.

I'm sorry, but this statement really, really upset me.

Let me say first that I completely understand what you are saying, and do not agree with Nate's judgmental, elitist, homophobic and general a**holery. But as someone who had to stop working years ago because my CF was progressing, I often struggle with the idea that I'm not only not contributing enough to our lives, our relationship, and society in general, but that I'm costing my husband his hard-earned money, effort and time fighting a disease that's going to take me down no matter what I do.

Yeah, I always worried that people might see me as less contributing and therefore less worthy, and now I realize that some people actually believe it to be so. Ignorance is was bliss.

I apologize to you snarkykitty and I'm sorry that I upset you. I do understand why you, Tricia, and others are unable to work. Nate just really pissed me off. You all are contributing to society in many ways. I think in my anger, Nate's anti-gay marriage stance brought out feelings of anger and I looked at Nate and Tricia's situation and found something to use against them. Again, I apologize.

Chris Vacher ‏@chrisfromcanada 3h

"70% of youth stop attending church when they graduate from High School. A decade later, about half return to church." http://bit.…

NathanLawrenson NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 2h

@chrisfromcanada I've been thinking about this recently as I've seen so many Christian people my age "change" their beliefs about sin & God.

I really feel sorry for poor little Gwyneth. She's going to have a rough road being solely parented by a judgmental tool like Nathan.

In the future, could you put information like this in a spoiler tag? It might seem silly, but I sometimes need to control/limit my exposure to very detailed information regarding CF and death. It's very triggering when I'm in a state of anxiety.

Almost everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation or current level of ability/disability, contributes loads more to society than Nathan, who brings nothing to the table but hate and pettiness.

Just thinking about my own gay and lesbian friends: doctors, social workers, non-profit execs, college professors, musicians, actors, a biologist, a computer research scientist, a restorer of historic buildings, an Episcopal priest...well, what they give to society every day puts Nathan's Twitter tirades to shame. And some of them are caring for severely ill spouses as well.

Shari Kaplan ‏@scaryshari8 3h

@NathanLawrenson So no one can be truly happy without believing in a deity?? I'm sorry, but that's narrow-minded & presumptuous. :(

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 2h

@scaryshari8 my God to understand my beliefs. I'm not saying other can't be happy, but I that the ultimate happiness is through knowing God

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

@scaryshari8 that's what I believe (that's what most people of faith would tell you about their faith). I don't expect those who don't know

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 2h

@scaryshari8 listen, if you think I'm narrow-minded and arrogant, that's OK. But if you're going to use Twitter to tell me, not so much...

Brian Wickens ‏@wicksational 10h

Snap. Now I want some Taco Bell. Thanks TV. Thanks. #tacoMadness

NathanLawrenson NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 9h

@wicksational I have never said that. ever. #IdRatherDrinkAcid

NathanLawrenson NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 9h

As a Christian, having somebody call you "narrow-minded" isn't an insult, it's a fact. Matthew 7:13-14; John 14:6

He. is. such. an. ass. I can't stand him. It must be nice being so perfect. He just gets my blood boiling. His twitters are so smug and self-satisfactory. He must feel the glory of being "persecuted" and standing up for his "rightness." He must chat about how the devil is testing him and how he is standing up for the glory of the lord during this time of tribulation. I bet he is secretly dreaming of the special gems that are going to be set in his crown when he goes to heaven. Nathan is going to have a bigger mansion than the rest of us (we'll have twigs - no lie someone taught that in one of my churches) because of how the devil is testing him - he's going to stand on his rock and beat the devil and his demon-possessed minions down.

It took me a while to realize how obnoxious fundamentalist Christians are (and I believe he is fundie). No one can reason with us. Fundies stand on "the Bible" (which is a lie, because if one really looks at the Bible most of the rules the fundies live by are not spelled out in the Bible - when I came out of the fundie fog that really tweaked my thinking) and no amount of logic, begging for compassion, or whatever will move them. They are tied to their ignorance, apparently Nathan thinks his close mindedness is a good thing when Jesus seemed to only get angry at the close minded. It seems to me Jesus' message was of love and tolerance and caring for each other. These things were worship to the Divine. Jesus seemed to be fairly opened minded. He wasn't disgusted with the woman at the well or with the woman who was going to be stoned for adultery. He ate with the undesirables, I bet there were gay people at the parties he went to.

Sorry, for the rant - Nathan really bothers me. I feel like telling him what I tell other people, keep your ugliness in your head, don't spew it out into the world.

Archived