IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

So then, here are a few very honest questions for you. I would sincerely appreciate a valid response from one of the moderators.

It seems to me that nearly everything shared on this website has been gleaned from places like Twitter, Facebook, tv, blogs, etc. In the same manner, none of the personal information I have shared here has been gathered outside of those same avenues. What is the difference? How can such a large portion of this forum be devoted to talk about the Duggars, and yet I post one tiny bit of public information about another member, and it gets deleted?

Hi!

Welcome to Free Jinger. A site you have clearly spent NO time reading before you jumped right in and started breaking all kinds of rules. Let me introduce myself. I'm Curious and I'm lucky enough to own the forum. Now people here will tell you that I'm very fond of newbies, but you...not so fond of :(

Because I'm feeling particularly generous today, rather than banning you for your egregious (multiple) ToU violations, I have put you on a Journey To The Heart so you can think about your wrong doing for a while. This means your posts will have to be approved before they show up, since we can't trust you not to post personal information on one of our community members.

Now that we have the formalities out of the way, I'm happy to answer your question.

Twitter, facebook and blogs have things called settings. These settings allow you to choose who can see what you are posting. You can set them to private so only people you want to see your tweets, status updates and blog posts can see them OR your can set them to public which means EVERYONE on the worldwide web can see it (there are some other settings, too, but these are the only ones that matter to us today.

The tv and newspapers and gossip magazines and things like that are obviously considered public as well.

So the things we talk about here are things that are posted in PUBLIC. We do not allow people to post people's real names if it is from a private facebook page, for example, even if they are a fundie. If fundies have family members with private settings, but someone here has friended them, they can't post screenshots of those folks facebook because that is private information.

I hope this answers your question. If you have others, please feel free to ask!

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So then, here are a few very honest questions for you. I would sincerely appreciate a valid response from one of the moderators.

It seems to me that nearly everything shared on this website has been gleaned from places like Twitter, Facebook, tv, blogs, etc. In the same manner, none of the personal information I have shared here has been gathered outside of those same avenues. What is the difference? How can such a large portion of this forum be devoted to talk about the Duggars, and yet I post one tiny bit of public information about another member, and it gets deleted?

Because it is a clear violation of our Terms of Use, which you agreed to when you joined. Since in addition to your lack of basic human decency and Christian charity you also lack basic reading comprehension skills, here is a link to the TOU. Follow it or be banned.

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... 01#p481673

ETA, Curious beat me to it again. :)

In that case, I know for fact that at least one person on this forum has used Nate's private Facebook to share personal information. How should I proceed?

CL, I am so, so sorry for the way you've been treated by Libbyliv. What they have said was so uncalled for, and it's disgusting they used your child's death against you. It's ok to still feel pained. I don't think Micah's death is something that you can just get over, but I do believe you did everything you possibly could to help him and I'm sure he knew that.

The difference is the people on those sites have themselves associated their username and personal names together.

This. Nate and the bloggers we discuss here chose to make their blogs and twitters with their real names. There have been several newspaper articles that feature links to Nate's blog.

I don't have children. But I have observed the loss of child through my parents. They lost my older brother 14 years ago and they are still not over it. They have moved on, but the will pain will always remain.

ETA: I did not like the way LibbyLiv treated CL or the comment about the other children.

I agree, posting full names of members isn't cool. I know happy_atheist tries to check the threads every few hours. Hopefully, she will edited those posts soon. Maybe Buzzard or meda can mod on stuff.

All the excitement happened while I was at the dentist. I think the drill was more fun.

Be assured that there is a discussion going on in Helpmeet Land about how best to deal with this bullshit.

All the excitement happened while I was at the dentist. I think the drill was more fun.

Be assured that there is a discussion going on in Helpmeet Land about how best to deal with this bullshit.

It has been an interesting morning. You have been a good mod happy atheist. You were the only one I could think of earlier with Libby posted personal stuff about CL. Thank you to Booglou for editing Libby's posts.

Instead of being angry and stuff about all the "wrong" stuff we've posted, why don't you just say it in a nicer tone? I wonder if one of ya'll is actually Nate or something.

Please read carefully. One of "y'all" has been perfectly clear about:

who i am

and who libbyliv is NOT

I have NOT been unkind. I have not revealed any information about any poster here, for that matter I have none to reveal. Nor have I anyone's personal experience, I've been careful to do the opposite.

"One of y'all" is a sweeping and unfair generalization. Please reread the thread if more clarification is needed.

I wasn't talking about you, tinylegs. I was talking about Libbyliv. You have been perfectly courteous and polite, and for that, I thank you.

If I am wrong, I am wrong. Maybe they are just a troll, I don't know.

I wasn't talking about you, tinylegs. I was talking about Libbyliv. You have been perfectly courteous and polite, and for that, I thank you.

LibbyLiv being a troll is a possibility. But she said she knew about the private FB group for Tricia.

That's true. I guess it doesn't matter who they are, the mods did what was appropriate. Thanks, mods!

I don't know who it is, but I assure you it isn't Nate for many reasons. He is many things, but an internet troll is definitely not one. If he desired to come here and fight his cause, he'd do so on his own accord. When time allows, I will go upthread and reread the posts, because this person seems to imply (perhaps falsely) s/he has access to more personal information not made known to many and that bothers me on many levels. I know my own family and his well enough to state emphatically that trolling here is not their thing. At all. Which leads me to think it is someone who knows someone or something. Whatver. Thank you for you clarification. My integrity and character matter and while some posts here may bother me and I see a bigger picture than many, I never intend to attack or be unkind.

eta: For clarification, I now know what group LivvyLib thinks she is a part of and it is not a super-secret, private family group or anything like that. I think it is important to dispel the idea that she is someone super close to our family or a member of it. She is not. The group she references has well over 100 members, many of whom are friends of friends of friends or internet people. Still, information in any closed group shouldn't be shared and that is shameful. :/

I'm not attacking. Perhaps my tone is being read well. I apologize. Nor am in in a state of gut-wrenching pain. Please don't project onto me based on what you think is happening. I literally can not understand your disconnect with what you think is happening and what is actual truth.

I can't wrap my brain around it. Where on earth are you getting that she can't smile, or laugh or hold her child? What on earth? ....

There was a thread before this one entitled "Confessions of a CF Husband - Tricia "close to dying"

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13665&hilit=tricia+close+to+dying

Several people here had followed Nate's blog and/or had experience with CF and so were interested in Trish and Nate's story. From the OP in that thread:

Now, it looks like Trisha is in rejection, which is a common post-transplant complication. Her husband, Nate, writes that the doctor was emphasizing "how close to dying she is". They've been through so much already, and managed to beat the odds before. I really hope she manages to pull through again, and not leave her little girl motherless.

I'm not sure if the OP read Nate's statement about "how close to dying she is" on his blog or twitter, but I think that's why posters here assumed that she wouldn't be relisted, that her quality of life was poor and that the end was near for her. That's why we questioned why she wasn't spending her final days with her children. Well, that's what I wondered, anyway (I guess I shouldn't speak for everybody.) Chaotic Life bared her soul and filled us in on what *might* be happening to Tricia, based on the fact that we read that she might be close to dying.

From what you seem to be saying, she is very ill, but these are not her last days. I think we're all glad to hear that. I wish your sister the very best. I hope she has many happy days ahead of her. That said, I will never support Nate's book or any other project he might undertake because of the hate he spews on Twitter.

Tinylegs, I just want to say that I'm really sorry for what your family is dealing with, and Tricia is in my thoughts often.

There is no real way to predict "last days".

There is absolute truth in the fact that she will die sooner than later without a lung transplant and her current lungs are obviously failing. Without functioning lungs, people die.

Getting a 2nd transplant is far more complicated than the first in every case. Very few centers even do second transplants because they are more complicated and more difficult for patients. The bar for qualifying is set higher also, which is why it was "easier" on all accounts the first time around. There is no secret that my sister will die without new lungs. There is no secret that the past few months have had amazing highs and horrible lows. There is also no secret that we don't know when or if she will be listed again. She works hard. We support her. Her doctors believe it is a possibility. If it were not so, everyone's current path would be quite different.

Also, I appreciate the kind thoughts and I'm sorry for any upset that LivvyLib, whomever s/he may be caused upset "defending" Nate or Tricia.

I don't know who it is, but I assure you it isn't Nate for many reasons. He is many things, but an internet troll is definitely not one. If he desired to come here and fight his cause, he'd do so on his own accord. When time allows, I will go upthread and reread the posts, because this person seems to imply (perhaps falsely) s/he has access to more personal information not made known to many and that bothers me on many levels. I know my own family and his well enough to state emphatically that trolling here is not their thing. At all. Which leads me to think it is someone who knows someone or something. Whatver. Thank you for you clarification. My integrity and character matter and while some posts here may bother me and I see a bigger picture than many, I never intend to attack or be unkind.

eta: For clarification, I now know what group LivvyLib thinks she is a part of and it is not a super-secret, private family group or anything like that. I think it is important to dispel the idea that she is someone super close to our family or a member of it. She is not. The group she references has well over 100 members, many of whom are friends of friends of friends or internet people. Still, information in any closed group shouldn't be shared and that is shameful. :/

Thank you for clarifying on the group part.

There is absolute truth in the fact that she will die sooner than later without a lung transplant and her current lungs are obviously failing. Without functioning lungs, people die.

Getting a 2nd transplant is far more complicated than the first in every case. Very few centers even do second transplants because they are more complicated and more difficult for patients. The bar for qualifying is set higher also, which is why it was "easier" on all accounts the first time around. There is no secret that my sister will die without new lungs. There is no secret that the past few months have had amazing highs and horrible lows. There is also no secret that we don't know when or if she will be listed again. She works hard. We support her. Her doctors believe it is a possibility. If it were not so, everyone's current path would be quite different.

Also, I appreciate the kind thoughts and I'm sorry for any upset that LivvyLib, whomever s/he may be caused upset "defending" Nate or Tricia.

You don't need to apologize for what LivvyLib did.

You don't have to apologize for anything someone else did. And no matter what I feel about the politics or religion Nate espouses what I want more than anything (because I want this for all human beings) is that Tricia gets healthy enough to live...whatever course that takes. I know there has been lots of philosophical discussions about second transplants, etc. And I don't know that I would feel the same way on the same day about the same question.

I don't think anyone deserves CF. And I don't think Nate deserves to watch his wife and mother of his child be ill. I want Gwyneth to have a mom and the foster child to be in a good situation.

I don't really think Nate would want the same for me however, which is why I personally think most of us on FJ are head and shoulders above him.

And I am sorry, I can't imagine the feelings that go along with this for you as her sister.

Oh and I have mutual friends with Tricia because I went to Liberty as well. I have never asked them anything about her because I believe that for me, that would be an abuse of any trust she has in them and an abuse of my friendship with them.

Oh and I have mutual friends with Tricia because I went to Liberty as well. I have never asked them anything about her because I believe that for me, that would be an abuse of any trust she has in them and an abuse of my friendship with them.

I respect that.

And we can agree to disagree on some issues. That is fine. I don't agree that nathan would wish death or suffering on anyone's family. I get that he is is who he is on twitter (and yes, I do read it from time to time, I don't tweet or follow anyone religiously), but I've also watched his heartbreak over many years many times, and I know in his heart, he wouldn't wish that kind of suffering on anyone. I just do. I've also watched him tirelessly and selflessly care for his family without complaining. It is ok to disagree. I think he vents out in ways people don't get and he is a very outspoken conservative politically. I understand why that burns bridges and turns opinion. It isn't all who he is, though. But, as I've said, I don't fight his battles here or on mwop. He can battle it out on twitter or wherever he feels led.

I respect that.

And we can agree to disagree on some issues. That is fine. I don't agree that nathan would wish death or suffering on anyone's family. I get that he is is who he is on twitter (and yes, I do read it from time to time, I don't tweet or follow anyone religiously), but I've also watched his heartbreak over many years many times, and I know in his heart, he wouldn't wish that kind of suffering on anyone. I just do. I've also watched him tirelessly and selflessly care for his family without complaining. It is ok to disagree. I think he vents out in ways people don't get and he is a very outspoken conservative politically. I understand why that burns bridges and turns opinion. It isn't all who he is, though. But, as I've said, I don't fight his battles here or on mwop. He can battle it out on twitter or wherever he feels led.

Well considering I have had a late term abortion I think he would be pretty comfortable with my family losing me.

Okay, I've tried to write a response about fifty different ways, and I realized that it all comes down to this. I am trying not to point to anyone in particular, but there seems to be a few different people with little to any real CF experience who are making some unjustified statements and accusations.

1. If you are posting any statements about CF, please make sure that what you post is correct information. I can point out at least ten inaccurate statements about CF in this thread. Why does it matter? There are more than enough myths about CF. We don't need to spread anecdotal information as facts.

2. Every case of CF is different. Sure, you may have a friend or two who have had lung transplants, become parents or ran a marathon, but your experience with a handful of "friends" does not carry any authority. Just because X happened to two people with CF doesn't mean it is the norm for all people with CF. Neither does having read someone's blog or watched a documentary.

3. This might sound like a ridiculous issue, but please don't refer to people with CF as "CFers". Do you refer to paraplegics as "cripples"? Calling us "CFers" reduces us to our disease.

4. I am sure it can happen, and I don't know Nate, but I strongly doubt that they are using donations to fund a lavish lifestyle. CF is an expensive disease. Transplant is even more expensive. Hospital copays (often 20% of your bill), prescription copays ($400-1000 a month for me), gas to and from doc appts or visiting your loved one in the hospital, parking fees, meals eaten out bc of appts and hospitalizations, loss of income due to needing to take work off to care for someone with CF, the amount of time spent on treatments, tests and hospitalizations, etc.

5. Not everyone who has CF wants or qualifies for a lung transplant, so stating that anyone who didn't die of rejection died while waiting for lungs is inaccurate.

That's it for now. I'm sure I have more to say but I don't want to write a novel.

Snarkykitty, all of my friends with CF call themselves CFers, so that's why I use that term.

Archived