IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

He is on quite a roll today.

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

The only people who have ever argued to me personally for abortion are those who have never faced that decision themselves. #ROEvWADE

Manda â€@crackler13

@NathanLawrenson Considering 1 out of 3 women have an abortion by the age of 45, it's likely you know somebody who had one and don't know it

Brenda Boitson â€@BrendaLeeFree

@NathanLawrenson how is Tricia doing?

@crackler13 I didn't say I don't know women who have had an abortion. I don't know women who have had abortion who would argue for it now.

Manda â€@crackler13

@NathanLawrenson maybe because they know how personal and heartbreaking a decision it is? I need a higher character limit for this. :)

Manda â€@crackler13

@NathanLawrenson the debate is about access to safe abortions, not to promote them.

#abortion #roevwade #55,000,000 #fiftyfivemillion http://instagr.am/p/UzG2S9jVXl/

Beyonce lip synched the National Anthem...so many liberal jokes coming to my mind...must bite my tongue harder...

"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

I can show you exactly what a fetus looks like at 27 weeks. First time I held my daughter, 5 years ago. #ROEvWADE

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hes an idiot. The only reason he doesnt know women who have had abortions they dont regret is because he limits his social circle to people who share his beliefs. I have known three people who had abortions and the only one who feels bad about it was one who really wanted a baby but her fetus had problems which meant it wouldnt live (but she went on to have a healthy baby girl a few years later). There are also plenty of other people who have talked about abortion online and are pro choice who have had abortions that they didnt regret.

Everyone against abortion has already been born too. Fetuses cant be pro life either as they dont have developed brains. Not even children can be pro life (or pro choice either), as much as fundies would like to argue that they can when they drag their poor three year old out to a protect, the kid doesnt understand it.

Also as far as I know you cant abort a 27 week fetus.

Hes an idiot. The only reason he doesnt know women who have had abortions they dont regret is because he limits his social circle to people who share his beliefs. I have known three people who had abortions and the only one who feels bad about it was one who really wanted a baby but her fetus had problems which meant it wouldnt live (but she went on to have a healthy baby girl a few years later). There are also plenty of other people who have talked about abortion online and are pro choice who have had abortions that they didnt regret.

Everyone against abortion has already been born too. Fetuses cant be pro life either as they dont have developed brains. Not even children can be pro life (or pro choice either), as much as fundies would like to argue that they can when they drag their poor three year old out to a protect, the kid doesnt understand it.

Also as far as I know you cant abort a 27 week fetus.

you can, I was farther along. But you can't walk in and get one on demand,

On the topic of lip synching, liberalism has nothing to do with it. I'm pretty sure some of Nate's favorite conservative singers sometimes lip synch.

On the topic of lip synching, liberalism has nothing to do with it. I'm pretty sure some of Nate's favorite conservative singers sometimes lip synch.

they always pre-record all the inaugural music since it happens in jan in dc. Better to be safe and fake it than have someone unable to sing or play because of frigid temps.

I heard it on NPR today...even yo yo ma faked it

Nate just tweeted a link to this video.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

I can show you exactly what a fetus looks like at 27 weeks. First time I held my daughter, 5 years ago. #ROEvWADE

…

youtube.com/watch?v=-ov9TMglLic&list=UUS2Fcl_l73iVTcJMuGbyqMg&index=21

they always pre-record all the inaugural music since it happens in jan in dc. Better to be safe and fake it than have someone unable to sing or play because of frigid temps.

I heard it on NPR today...even yo yo ma faked it

At the 2002 Olympics, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir faked it. The ones you could see were lip syncing. The ones you could hear were downstairs somewhere warm watching on a TV.

you can, I was farther along. But you can't walk in and get one on demand,

Im guessing theres no limit if the fetus has serious life threatening health issues then?

That makes that quote even worse, because everyone who had an abortion that far along wanted to keep it but couldnt.

Today, Nate hasn't tweeted anti-choice crap. I wouldn't be surprised if he does on Friday especially if someone he knows is at March for Life.

Alas, lilwriter85, alas:

Celebrating his freedom to have sex and knowing that he can kill his own unborn child without any personal consequences

What a jerk.

Too bad for Nate that abortion is legal up to a certain point. And if a woman wants to, or has to terminate, it should be her choice, not the govt's.

I feel bad for Tricia but I'm pretty convinced her pregnancy set off her deterioration. I know of a few CF people who have declined since having their babies. And not only did the pregnancy make Tricia worse, but Gwen is paying for it too by having been born too early and having health issues because of it. Does Nate really believe having his wife's health and Gwen's health were worth it? What an ignorant man.

I was born a preemie and I had to work really hard to catch up to other kids. Occupational therapy, physical therapy, etc. I spent 2nd through 11th grade in special ed, although I don't have a severe learning disability. I mainly have an issue with simple math and logic skills. By 9th grade, I was in all regular and AP classes with the exception of math. I was in remedial math up until 12th grade, and then I decided to take statistics and did just fine. By college, I somehow got myself together and then excelled with a 4,0 GPA, but it took a LONG time to get to that point. I can't even imagine how hard life is going to be for Gwen.

I'm sorry that he's taken down the blog archive.

In response to the Twitter comment about how he'd like to confront the doctors who recommended aborting with Gwyneth at age 5, I'd refer right back to the blog, 5 years ago.

Tricia was close to death. She couldn't sleep for more than 1 hour at night, she was struggling desperately to breathe. Things were so bad that they had to perform emergency surgery. Now, Tricia had made the conscious choice to continue the pregnancy despite the odds, and she had a supportive family and the means to pay for excellent medical care.

Imagine, though, a slightly different picture. What if she had been told that abortion was illegal in all cases, and if she would have wanted one? Is it so hard to picture a woman close to death asking her doctors why they won't save her life? Or to picture another husband, holding a dead premature baby in his arms and watching his wife die, confronting doctors and asking why his family had to endure such tragedy when it could have been prevented?

flyawaystray: While the pregnancy certainly endangered Trish's life, there's no real basis to say that it set off her current deterioration. Her CF was bad enough beforehand for her to be on the transplant list. The transplant extended her life and improve its quality, but it comes with risks of its own. Suppress the immune system too much, and disease can kill (as Trish learned with her post-transplant lymphoma). Don't suppress it enough, and you get rejection of the new organs (which is the current problem).

I'm sorry that he's taken down the blog archive.

In response to the Twitter comment about how he'd like to confront the doctors who recommended aborting with Gwyneth at age 5, I'd refer right back to the blog, 5 years ago.

Tricia was close to death. She couldn't sleep for more than 1 hour at night, she was struggling desperately to breathe. Things were so bad that they had to perform emergency surgery. Now, Tricia had made the conscious choice to continue the pregnancy despite the odds, and she had a supportive family and the means to pay for excellent medical care.

Imagine, though, a slightly different picture. What if she had been told that abortion was illegal in all cases, and if she would have wanted one? Is it so hard to picture a woman close to death asking her doctors why they won't save her life? Or to picture another husband, holding a dead premature baby in his arms and watching his wife die, confronting doctors and asking why his family had to endure such tragedy when it could have been prevented?

flyawaystray: While the pregnancy certainly endangered Trish's life, there's no real basis to say that it set off her current deterioration. Her CF was bad enough beforehand for her to be on the transplant list. The transplant extended her life and improve its quality, but it comes with risks of its own. Suppress the immune system too much, and disease can kill (as Trish learned with her post-transplant lymphoma). Don't suppress it enough, and you get rejection of the new organs (which is the current problem).

I got sucked into reading the CF husband blog after a thread was made here about them. I would glance through different postings from different time periods to get to know more about them. A few weeks after I started reading the blog, Nate took it down. I did wonder about how Tricia's medical bills were being paid. Is Tricia from a wealthy family?

I know that organ rejection is extremely common. I know Eva Markvoort died from it and she fought like a champ. Transplants can buy time but I believe most people live <5 years post-transplant.

Out of three people I know who have kids and CF, one has had a transplant. The other two...one has mild CF (double delta mutation, 9t variant), her baby is 2 months old and she's been declining since she had her kid. I know that with CF, it's very common to go downhill over time but I think for the people I know, it has sped up the process. I didn't say that having Gwen caused her to go into organ rejection, and I am sorry if you thought that. And most of the other CF people I know are gone. They have either died while waiting for a transplant, or died from rejection. It's quite sad.

Nate comes off very different on Twitter than his blog. I thought he was a nice guy until I found his Twitter account. Now I can't help but roll my eyes when he writes about politics.

Who is caring for their foster child and Gwen? Nate says he hasn't seen Gwen in two weeks. I'm surprised the state is letting him keep his foster kid.

I know that organ rejection is extremely common. I know Eva Markvoort died from it and she fought like a champ. Transplants can buy time but I believe most people live

Out of three people I know who have kids and CF, one has had a transplant. The other two...one has mild CF, her baby is 2 months old and she's been declining since she had her kid. I know that with CF, it's very common to go downhill over time but I think for the people I know, it has sped up the process. I didn't say that having Gwen caused her to go into organ rejection, and I am sorry if you thought that. And most of the other CF people I know are gone. They have either died while waiting for a transplant, or died from rejection. It's quite sad.

Nate comes off very different on Twitter than his blog. I thought he was a nice guy until I found his Twitter account. Now I can't help but roll my eyes when he writes about politics.

Who is caring for their foster child and Gwen? Nate says he hasn't seen Gwen in two weeks. I'm surprised the state is letting him keep his foster kid.

Based on IG and twitter, it seems that his parents are looking after the kids. He tweeted something last week about talking to the kids on skype. I'm also surprised that the foster kid is still with the family.

Ah, thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

BTW, I'm a lurker and de-lurked because I wanted to contribute to the Nate thread, in case anyone is wondering who the heck this stranger beyotch is.

Ah, thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

BTW, I'm a lurker and de-lurked because I wanted to contribute to the Nate thread, in case anyone is wondering who the heck this stranger beyotch is.

Welcome to FJ. Don't worry many people have de-lurked because they found us through some of the bloggers we talk about.

I got sucked into reading the CF husband blog after a thread was made here about them. I would glance through different postings from different time periods to get to know more about them. A few weeks after I started reading the blog, Nate took it down. I did wonder about how Tricia's medical bills were being paid. Is Tricia from a wealthy family?

He claimed a few times that they have excellent insurance coverage but didn't elaborate. Nate is nominally the worship leader at the church that his father leads and I assume that if they do have private insurance it's through that job. It looks like the staff at Nag's Head Church is largely a family affair: http://sage.nowsprouting.com/nagsheadchurch/#/im-new/elders-staff. The only paid staff are Nate's father, brother, and him. With all the time he's spent at Duke over the last 5.5+ years, I'm pretty sure that he doesn't really work much.

Im guessing theres no limit if the fetus has serious life threatening health issues then?

That makes that quote even worse, because everyone who had an abortion that far along wanted to keep it but couldnt.

Yes there is. I was unable to get one in my state without convening an ethics board and was approaching the point of no return where no one would perform one even with an ethics board. So I went to Kansas.

He claimed a few times that they have excellent insurance coverage but didn't elaborate. Nate is nominally the worship leader at the church that his father leads and I assume that if they do have private insurance it's through that job. It looks like the staff at Nag's Head Church is largely a family affair: http://sage.nowsprouting.com/nagsheadchurch/#/im-new/elders-staff. The only paid staff are Nate's father, brother, and him. With all the time he's spent at Duke over the last 5.5+ years, I'm pretty sure that he doesn't really work much.

I came across the church website sometime back. I wasn't surprised that the staffing is a family affair. I have seen that with several churches before. I also think Nate makes money through photography work. When I was reading the blog before the take down, I often wondered if they ever had financial issues, which I might have missed on the blog.

I'd never attend a church that took all their donations and financed an entire hatemongering family with them. Really Christian of them.

Nate has this huge sense of entitlement. If he doesn't believe in something, then it should be illegal. What about being tolerant to others? You can respectfully disagree with someone, but that doesn't happen with him.

Treemom: sorry to hear that you had to have one.

Nathan is a huge entitled asshole, really. ONLY HIS WAY IS RIGHT. Nevermind that Jeebus wouldn't have treated others the way he treates people who aren't minions or sheeple of his ways and thoughts.

Indeed, Cheesemaker.

I wonder what Tricia's opinions are but she seems to stay out of politics/religious beliefs, which makes me think it's just Nate that has a problem, not Trish. Then again, she's in a serious health jam and probably doesn't even have the energy to get out of bed. But even when she was better, she didn't tweet anything except for stuff that had to do with spending time with her family.

Archived