IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

This whole situation is heartbreaking. A mother having to leave her baby, a baby having to lose her mother. No winners there. I wish peace for both of them.

Hi all. My first post! I found FJ by seaching "CF Husband is an ass" or something similar.

I've always felt for Tricia. Right or wrong, it has always seemed to me that she's a private person married to someone who can't stop exposing every detail of her life. I don't think she appreciates being his cause but she probably buys into the man calls the shots thing.

I wish her peace at the end. I can't imagine knowing that I am leaving my child to have Nate as her primary influence.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all. My first post! I found FJ by seaching "CF Husband is an ass" or something similar.

I've always felt for Tricia. Right or wrong, it has always seemed to me that she's a private person married to someone who can't stop exposing every detail of her life. I don't think she appreciates being his cause but she probably buys into the man calls the shots thing.

I wish her peace at the end. I can't imagine knowing that I am leaving my child to have Nate as her primary influence.

Welcome to FJ. I also wish Tricia peace at the end. I worry about Gwyneth for other reasons especially since Nate tweeted something about he wants his children to be godly instead of happy.

I am one of those people who had no idea about Nate's true colors until I came here.

I found out about Nate through FJ in that previous thread that was titled something "Tricia is close to dying". Some FJers immeadiately said they found out about Nate's true colors via twitter. I read his blog for a few weeks before he pulled it on down. On the blog, he seems like a nice guy, but on twitter he rants about a lot of things. Recently, I was checking out a blog that I used to follow quite bit years ago. It's the Dana and Mike Ritter blog. They have a CF husband banner link on their home page. I have to wonder if Dana is a classmate of Nate's from Liberty, but she seems a bit older than Nate. Dana's husband Mike is a low quadriplegic and in a wheelchair.

I found Nate while read Eva Markvoort's blog. And after he stopped updating, I found his Twitter account.

Agreed, he was way more normal-sounding on his blog. I feel bad for Gwyneth having to be raised by him.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 1h

Tricia has had a few good days this week. Thank you for your prayer.

Yes, because prayers always work the way Nate thinks they do.

To be a bit fair to Nate, maybe some of his prayers are that Tricia doesn't have so much pain. He did tweet a week or two ago about her having trouble sleeping because of her back. But at the same time I also think that Nate is hoping that prayers will bring a Tricia a new set of lungs.

Nate thinks Trish is entitled to new lungs, so I expect that he thinks he prays hard enough, it'll happen.

While prayer certainly doesn't hurt, a lot of people think that if they pray, they'll get the outcome they want, and that's not how it works.

Nate should know that it's God (since he believes in him) who has everything outlined. And religion or not, when it's your time, it's your time.

That said, I hope Trish makes the most of what's left of her time here on Earth.

"I was with a group of ppl talking about end of life care this morning and there was someone who was having trouble comprehending that in all probibility there comes a point where the level of morphine needed to cover pain will suppress breathing and nudge someone toward an earlier death than they would otherwise have".

This is an extremely important point to me - always has been. Everyone should be able to have a gentle passing. Ask any seasoned nurse what the expression "snowing" a patient is. Morphine and such will lower respirations, and in most hospital settings the law requires the withholding of pain meds if a patients breaths fall below a certain count. Criminal to me, but the law. In a hospice setting - especially at home - the nursing team usually puts the patient's comfort above all else, essentially helping to ensure the death IS as gentle as possible. Yes, the meds may bring on the death earlier ( and generally you are talking but a few hours/day at the most) but the alternative is the patient experiencing excruciating pain. Most families prefer the hospice route for that very reason. I know most nurses certainly do also.

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson 46m

Would you please pray for this young woman with me as she makes these difficult decisions? Thank you.

NathanLawrenson NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson 47m

I have a homosexual friend who shared with me today she wants to follow God and be free from her current relationship. She asked for prayer..

One of the responses to Nate

Taylor Moore ‏@TaylorKonahiki 12m

@NathanLawrenson Praying! I know the road she has ahead of her as I traveled it myself. It's difficult, but it's possible.

Now, I feel some worry for Nate's kids. If one of them turned out gay, I can see Nate sending them to Marcus Bachman type therapy or he will try to pray the gay away.

I know this might sound mean of me, but is anyone glad that he is running his mouth on twitter in hopes that his book deal will get dropped. Since I've been reading Nate's twitter, I have become more comfortable with my atheism, I know that sounds weird, but I can't imagine myself still quoting or reading the Bible and using it to jusifty hating gay people. I'm cool with people of religious faith, but the extremist/domionist types like Nate piss me off.

Some of the responses to the pray the gay away tweet involving Nate's friend.

Jane M ‏@AgentJaneM 10h

@NathanLawrenson will be praying. now and for a long time. warfare has just begun. The chains series @ NS might be good for her.

Bee Bee ‏@beecozi 8h

@NathanLawrenson hi Nathan, why is her sexuality relevant to here wanting to follow god?

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 6h

@beecozi I'm just passing along her prayer request. Thanks for praying for her!

Diane Diane ‏@TweetDiane 6h

@NathanLawrenson sorry, no. Instead I pray she finds the ability to accept and love herself the way God made her

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 6h

@TweetDiane I'm just passing along her prayer request. Thank you for praying for her.

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson 18h

There is a whole lota color on the basketball floor right now (and no, I'm not being racist).

Funny, racism did not cross my mind until he specifically added the part about not being racist.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 56m

The hate being spewed toward @RickWarren in the wake of his loss is one of the reasons I'll never chase after fame. God bless you, PR.

Hasn't Nate kind of been chasing fame? His blog is well known in certain Internet niches and he said that a big publishing company is interested in his book. He has done speaking gigs. If Nate does publish and release a book, I guess he will be prepared for his haters. He is already getting practice on twitter. I can see Nate being a famewhore if his book gets popular in Christian circles.

I feel sorry for Rick Warren and his family and they don't deserve haters taking pleasure in what happened with their son. Rick Warren has been viewed as a famewhore for several years now. I have relatives who live in Orange County and they know people who left Saddleback because they could no longer stand Rick's ego.

Nate's additonal comment on Rick Warren's hater.

Meredith Andrews ‏@MereMusic 7h

@NathanLawrenson What are people saying that is hateful towards Pastor Rick?

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 10h

The hate being spewed toward @RickWarren in the wake of his loss is one of the reasons I'll never chase after fame. God bless you, PR.

I don't know if Nate is dumb or trying to be funny.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 3h

Discovered on NPR yesterday that my wife actually may be Argentinian... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristina_Fernández_de_Kirchner

Also Nate is promoting the 65 roses documentary

65_RedRoses ‏@65_RedRoses 3h

#TORONTO @65_RedRoses is screening at #HotDocs20 @TheBloorCinema !!! Support #organdonation and #CysticFibrosis

Retweeted by NathanLawrenson

I don't get the Argentinian comment. Can someone explain, please?

It seems Tricia''s maiden name is Kirschner, which I believe is a German surname. The Argentine president has Kirschner as one of her last names. Nate tried to be funny by saying that Tricia could be an Argentine. That joke was dumb and not funny. Nate tries to be funny all the time, but either comes off as lame or as a douche.

It seems Tricia''s maiden name is Kirschner, which I believe is a German surname. The Argentine president has Kirschner as one of her last names. Nate tried to be funny by saying that Tricia could be an Argentine. That joke was dumb and not funny. Nate tries to be funny all the time, but either comes off as lame or as a douche.

Ah, thanks. Ha...ha? I was really trying to figure out what he could possibly mean, but had no luck.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 4h

Is it time for parents to start screening their all of their children's friend's parents about guns in the house? http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/09/us/new-je ... index.html …

Umm yeah I think so Nate. There are many responsible gun owners in this country who keep their guns locked in cases. My dad is a hunter and when I was growing up the guns were kept in a case in my parents' bedroom.

Rick Lawrenson ‏@RickLawrenson 4h

Heterosexual marriage has already been redefined in this country. Vows mean little or nothing anymore.

Retweeted by NathanLawrenson

Focus on the Family ‏@FocusFamily 56m

"Why do you review something when you already know its not family-friendly?" PluggedIn (@pluggedintweet) answers: http://bit.ly/W6JESL

NathanLawrenson NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 49m

@FocusFamily @pluggedintweet not sure that answers the question. You pay people to watch smut so they can tell us not to watch the smut.

Based on those tweets it looks like Nate supports Focus on the Family and organizations like Parents Television Council.

Tricia was adopted. I sincerely doubt her maiden name being the same as the Argentine President makes a hill of beans statement about her nationality.

I would call it the worst joke ever....but I have a four year old and a six year old and well, at least their jokes are endearing even if they are as lame as Nate's.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 2h

The media now informs me that my children belong to everybody...if that's the case, let's talk about our 55 million murdered children first.

Is Nate referring to abortion?

Archived