IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not a fan of Nate's facial hair. I admit that I prefer men to be clean-shaven, but I work with guys who have neatly-trimmed beards and they look nice, and my husband had a trimmed goatee and mustache for years and I was fine with it. When facial hair is unkempt and untrimmed, it starts to look gross. Nate looks better when he's either clean-shaven or has a little stubble - it's not like a long scruffy beard really hides his (understandable) weight gain.

My husband got rid of the facial hair when he started going really grey in it while his hair has stayed relatively grey-free. He's only 33 now but if he goes without shaving for more than a few days his beard is almost totally grey and it makes him look a lot older than he is. So, he shaves.

I think G looks so pale in all his photos because he is a terrible photo editor and washes her out constantly. The fact that he considers himself a professional photographer is ridiculous.

He is a horrible editor indeed. I don't have a photography degree, but I did photo developing for a number of years. There's nothing wrong with a little editing, but the way Nate does it is ridiculous.

With Kalydeco and hopefully the other Vertex medication that will target the double delta gene, lifespans may go up, We'll see, I guess. Of course, the body will still have digestive issues and such, but it seems that the people on Kalydeco get less lung infections, less hospitalizations, and generally have better PFT's long term.

I became an organ donor after watching 65_Redroses and hope my lungs go to a CF'er when I die.

You seem to know a lot about CF and the community. Do you have CF?

You seem to know a lot about CF and the community. Do you have CF?

No, thankfully. I just have a lot of CF friends. I fell in love with Eva's (Markvoort) blog. Joined a CF community after watching 65_Redroses, became an organ donor, and then I learned everything I possibly could about CF and met some great CF people along the way.

Somebody more familiar with their story will probably know this answer straight-off, so I'm going to ask here before I go digging through archives:

how long was their fosterchild with them before Tricia was hospitalised?

I see people questioning the fact that he (he?) has been cared for by the grandparents during the hospitalisation, but if he had been with them for a while, become a part of their family in all but legal adoption, or they were intending to adopt him or otherwise cement some sort of long-term arrangement, I think it makes sense that he hasn't been placed with another foster family. He certainly can't be cared for full-time by his foster parents at the moment, and faces a lot of disruption, but long-term, I'm assuming they're intending that after Tricia dies Nate will take on full-time single parenting for him... just as he will for Gwen.

I am pretty sure they were going to adopt their foster son, but had to stop the adoption process because Trish's health went downhill.

I don't think Trish and Nate should have a foster right now, but I think putting foster son in the system is even worse.

I didn't know Gwen had surgery.

Ah, thanks for the clear up. I thought it was the citric acid.

That certainly helps, but my experience was it cleared it too quick to be the citric acid, part of it has to be the carbonation. Plus, the whole OMG acid thing he did was stupid....orange juice, tomatoes, lots of thinks are acidic.

That certainly helps, but my experience was it cleared it too quick to be the citric acid, part of it has to be the carbonation. Plus, the whole OMG acid thing he did was stupid....orange juice, tomatoes, lots of thinks are acidic.

I was thinking the same thing too. Nate made it seem like soda is the only acidic drink out there. I wish someone would have pointed that out to him on twitter.

I've always wondered what the secret surgery Gwyneth had before she left the NICU. Anyone know?

I don't know. Maybe someone here will know. My guess is maybe it could have been a heart or some kind organ surgery. They might have kept it secret because they wanted the blogging audience to think she was in better condition.

ETA: Tomorrow Duke plays, I'm praying to the college basketball gods for that team to lose. I know it probably won't happen. I would love for it happen so Nate's ass will be chapped.

Nate retweeted this.

A W Tozer ‏@TozerAW 17h

"Trying to be happy without a sense of God's presence is like trying to have a bright day without the sun." AW Tozer #tozer

Retweeted by NathanLawrenson

Well Mr. Tozer many people are happy even though they don't believe in God.

NathanLawrenson NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 1h

Not a big caffeine consumer, but this was a venti kind of early morning. #icedcoffee @ Starbucks http://instagr.am/p/XHu0DojVec/

I don't know. Maybe someone here will know. My guess is maybe it could have been a heart or some kind organ surgery. They might have kept it secret because they wanted the blogging audience to think she was in better condition.

ETA: Tomorrow Duke plays, I'm praying to the college basketball gods for that team to lose. I know it probably won't happen. I would love for it happen so Nate's ass will be chapped.

She had cochlear implant surgery. Not sure if she's had any other surgeries.

Oh, oops, you said before she left the NICU. Could have been anything then, maybe just a small procedure.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 3h

Sedation meds working their magic. @ Duke South Clinics http://instagr.am/p/XIEDp2jVTi/

Picture of Tricia asleep in a wheelchair.

NathanLawrenson NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 2h

Burrito + Beard = Tasty Mess

Nate maybe this is a sign that you should trim that beard or shave it off.

Ewwwwww, gross.

Poor Trish. I guess she can't sleep because of her back pain. That, or she needs sedation meds for a procedure or test.

Odd things going on with Nate. He tweeted a link to a lesbian's letter to a church and said that it was good.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 1h

This is incredibly good: An Open Letter to the Church from a Lesbian. http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/jus ... +Worlds%29 …

The link

hegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2013/03/21/an-open-letter-to-the-church-from-a-lesbian/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+between2worlds+(Between+Two+Worlds)

Nate tweets about photography

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 22m

I vow to never again be one of those photographers who always points out the Photoshop trick in every cool photo posted on Facebook.

Picture of Tricia asleep in a wheelchair.

Why the hell would you post a photo of someone you love looking that sick and exhausted for all the Internet to see? Poor Tricia.

Every time I see a new post on this thread, I'm afraid it's news that Tricia is gone. :-(

Same here

I think when she passes, a new thread should be made. And I think he posts pics of Trish because it may seem more real to him.

"I vow to never again be one of those photographers who always points out the Photoshop trick in every cool photo posted on Facebook."

He's a major Photoshop abuser. There's a difference between subtle photo editing, and abusing PS actions. And I think it's rude of him to point out what someone else did. It probably makes him feel superior.

Odd things going on with Nate. He tweeted a link to a lesbian's letter to a church and said that it was good.

The link

hegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2013/03/21/an-open-letter-to-the-church-from-a-lesbian/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+between2worlds+(Between+Two+Worlds)

If you read it though it's about how the church should accept their (lesbians') "sins" like how other members of the church sin. So I'm sure he likes it because she's toeing the line. "To those of you who would change the church to accept the gay community and its lifestyle: you give us no hope at all." :evil:

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson 1h

What's harder than sending a foster child "home" after growing to love him/her? Knowing there are kids out there who need a good home.

I wonder if this means they are no longer fostering.

Archived