IGNORED

Child Collectors Extraordinaire

dianapavelovna

Jean from theresnoplacelikehome-family.blogspot.com just posted to say they're returning to China again for 'one' more child. Sounds like they've already started the process again. So thats 5 bio kids 11 adopted and one more? The last three have been home 3 months, 4 months? Good grief.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harper's Dad was visiting the orphanage for two years and never once asked to see his daughter? Why would it be Adeye's responsibility to bring them together? I suppose if it were me, I would want to make sure the biological family did not want the child, but he had every opportunity to claim Harper, didn't he? And her mother never saw her. He could have stopped the adoption, but he didn't. I guess I'm missing how this is Adeye's fault.

Because it's always the adoptive parent's fault. They are responsible for everything.

Jean from theresnoplacelikehome-family.blogspot.com just posted to say they're returning to China again for 'one' more child. Sounds like they've already started the process again. So thats 5 bio kids 11 adopted and one more? The last three have been home 3 months, 4 months? Good grief.

I don't think it's just one kid. She said: "So one more time we will head back to China to meet our sweet blessings and bring them HOME!". So I think this may be the last time they adopt, but it won't just be one.

I was expecting her to make an announcement, it seems to me she's been dropping hints for a long time. I wish I was wrong though, those kids need more time to adjust to their new life (both the 3 new girls and the others).

• 2 weeks later...

Now she wants to adopt two boys. She has her readers deciding what to name them.

I suggested why not let them keep their birth names since hey, it's the only name they've ever known their entire lives? Giving them new names is so dehumanizing liek their previous lives don't matter to her at all.

There is no limit to the number of children who can be legally adopted ?

So, let me get this straight, the poor chid she has decided was deliberately disobeying, primarily based upon the fact that she doesn't make eye contact with them.....HAS A CATARACT and very likely may go BLIND in that eye?????

Wow, that is just so disgusting.

There is no limit to the number of children who can be legally adopted?

I hope so now, because look what happened in the '80's"

Summary: After 25 years and 82 children, allegations of child abuse bring about a disintegration

Dennis and Diane Nason created Oregon's largest family, with more children than perhaps any parents could manage, with the assistance of countless institutions as well as the lax regulations that make Oregon a wide open state for private adoptions.

http://poundpuplegacy.org/node/24203

Did you guys read about Abby? They are trying to decide whether to move forward with a bone marrow transplant or continue with chelation and transfusions.

nohandsbutours.com/2013/05/15/what-would-you-do/

I don't understand why they want to adopt more so soon. Most people recognize their limits. Jesus's special snowflake child collectors seem to think they have no limits.

I hope so now, because look what happened in the '80's"

Summary: After 25 years and 82 children, allegations of child abuse bring about a disintegration

Dennis and Diane Nason created Oregon's largest family, with more children than perhaps any parents could manage, with the assistance of countless institutions as well as the lax regulations that make Oregon a wide open state for private adoptions.

http://poundpuplegacy.org/node/24203

Oh My God. I knew a family who had the right to adopt a dozen of teenagers in the 80s, but they were considered as "family home for childre of state", with state aid and allowances ... Waw ... 82 childrens... Poor children..

This reminds me of Mia Farrow. I think there is something missing in these folks' lives to be so obsessive about acquiring more and more children.

11 children in seven years??? No responsible agency should have EVER approved them for that nonsense! She's now trying to bring 12 and 13 home with just ONE transfusion dependent and doing chelatin therapy? She's an absolute idiot to keep collecting with so many medicall fragle children already in the home.

Do children have any say whatsoever in regards to their adoption? If a child, after meeting the prospective parents, refuses to even consider the option of living with them, will their voice be heard?

It depends upon the country and the age of the child. I know in Russia, a child over a certain age MUST consent to the adoption. In the US, a child over a certain age must constent, but that age depends upon the state you live in. I am not aware that most nations have that requirement, and I don't see how you could have that requirement in any nation where the adopion is finalized before you meet the child in person.

It's actually one of my big peeves that so many adoptive families just don't GET. Adoption is not something all adoptees hold with positive and happy emotions. It is something that is done TO them, often with them leaving home and country with little warning. They are then dragged by strangers across the globe and plopped into a strange environment with weird food, bizarre customs and two grown adult strangers begging them to call them mom and dad.

I've told new adoptive parents for years that attachment is a dance you do with a stranger until you are no longer strangers. It takes two. It also takes a LOT of time.

You cannot bond with 11 children in six years. It's not possible. You cannot bond with a child you continue to accuse of trying to sabotage things mere months after yanking her out of her entire world...and then discover she is going blind! You cannot bond with children when you believe the burden is all on them. They are the ones it is all done TO. It's not also their job to make YOU feel better about their distress as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to like Adeye's blog. I really did but I am glad I am not the only one feeling like she is crossing the boundary to child collector with Kael and Hasya. Then to read about Hailee's high needs and wonder how having so many children in the home is fair to her. I have one child and he had sensory issues, possible adhd and mild autism although of normal intelligence and he is more than enough to handle. I cannot imaging having all of his current needs plus DS added in like Hailee then having 8 other children including several with special needs in the house. I hope for her children that the family is done adding to it.

The unroe family added 5 children last year and are adopting 3 more bringing their total to 21. How is this even allowed? godsrainbowsinourlives.blogspot.com/

It depends upon the country and the age of the child. I know in Russia, a child over a certain age MUST consent to the adoption. In the US, a child over a certain age must constent, but that age depends upon the state you live in. I am not aware that most nations have that requirement, and I don't see how you could have that requirement in any nation where the adopion is finalized before you meet the child in person.

It's actually one of my big peeves that so many adoptive families just don't GET. Adoption is not something all adoptees hold with positive and happy emotions. It is something that is done TO them, often with them leaving home and country with little warning. They are then dragged by strangers across the globe and plopped into a strange environment with weird food, bizarre customs and two grown adult strangers begging them to call them mom and dad.

I've told new adoptive parents for years that attachment is a dance you do with a stranger until you are no longer strangers. It takes two. It also takes a LOT of time.

You cannot bond with 11 children in six years. It's not possible. You cannot bond with a child you continue to accuse of trying to sabotage things mere months after yanking her out of her entire world...and then discover she is going blind! You cannot bond with children when you believe the burden is all on them. They are the ones it is all done TO. It's not also their job to make YOU feel better about their distress as well.

Thank you for saying this. I was adopted by a step-parent when I was 11. My dad had died 3 years earlier. My mom met the guy, married him 3 months later, and my sister and I were adopted one month after that. I was not at all happy about it, for both valid and immaterial reasons. However, it was what it was and I was never properly grateful or compliant.

Imo, it is a huge thing to change a child's birth certificate, erase the facts of the child's birth and parentage, and set up this fallacy that from birth, the name and parentage were unchanged. I am 60 now. I cannot get my original birth certificate. I cannot "prove" who I am biologically. At all. It sucks. I did end up liking my step-father but we didn't talk for the first 20 years of our relationship--it was only in later years that things thawed out enough that we enjoyed one another. My mother still hasn't forgiven me for not immediately accepting the changes she brought into my life.

The Unroe family added 5 children last year and are adopting 3 more bringing their total to 21. How is this even allowed? godsrainbowsinourlives.blogspot.com/

I'd never seen this blog before. They have 1 bio child, 12 adopted from U.S. foster care, 5 Bulgarian kids, and now they are adopting 3 more? They homeschool. The mother blogs long, long entries. This just seem possible. Something has to suffer somewhere along the line. When I was a school nurse to special needs kids each classroom of 6 to 8 kids had 1 teacher and 2-3 paraprofessionals, along with OT, PT, and music therapy coming in the room for care. 2 adults cannot meet the needs of 18 special needs kids, I don't care what they say or write. I wonder how their one bio child feels about all this.

From Reece's Rainbow about the Unroe family:

Shortly after coming home, God impressed upon the Unroes that He had plans for them to go back. Amanda even tried to have a conversation with Him about how much “easier†it would be if they waited a year or so, but at least long enough to save more up toward going back. She then felt God express that the cross wasn’t “easy†and paid for her adoption. She went home and filled out the paperwork and made the needed calls. Soon after that God showed them “WHO†and they wouldn’t have waited for the world!

Really, this is a type of mental illness. I don't know what you'd call it but it's just not normal.

Wow yeah. They have a post in January apologizing for having not posted as frequently as they'd wanted to which says:

Keith, Aleshia, Anita, Nicholas, and Ahnja have been home for 6 months now. So much to update you on with them! They are INCREDIBLE!!!

The thing is that we are right in the middle of paperwork to bring home our next 3 children and it has to take priority.

Now THAT is some fast acquiring. Not only that, but some of those kids are the super-neglected ones like Hasya. Just... how?? :pink-shock:

According to Adeye a Ukrainian adoption costs $25,000. Where does the money go? It obviously doesn't go to provide better care in the orphanages. Eastern European orphanages are hell holes, they are just warehousing children. Someone is making a lot of money essentially selling children. It seems so overwhelming, how do you change this?

According to Adeye a Ukrainian adoption costs $25,000. Where does the money go? It obviously doesn't go to provide better care in the orphanages. Eastern European orphanages are hell holes, they are just warehousing children. Someone is making a lot of money essentially selling children. It seems so overwhelming, how do you change this?

I wonder this too. Or is it misrepresented?

I wonder this too. Or is it misrepresented?

I've read this price in several other places. And I know a family who paid that for a Russian adoption.

I've read this price in several other places. And I know a family who paid that for a Russian adoption.

Well no offence. But as sad as that is. More is the fools paying that rather than looking in their own country for needy children and donating to improve the conditions in less fortunate countries. Fairly sure it is all about money. Nell I am not having a go at you. But I wonder if you think it has changed since your journey?

From Adeye's blog I found this blog: thestitchthatmakestheweaterperfect

They are a family with many adopted children who are moving to, or maybe already did, Guatemala. Of course they are asking for money and on-going support. BUT then I read this:

Fast forward 30 days of a cleanse.......... I lost 14 pounds, I don't know how many inches exactly because I was to much of a whiner and didn't want to know how much I had grown. I felt AMAZING. More energy than I had ever had, NO ACHES.... CLARITY and FOCUS!!! ANXIETY gone.... HEALTHY!!!?? By day 3 I lost all cravings for coffee, sugar and carbs. I have not purchased a single cup of coffee out since I started. That is a miracle. I don't drink it at home! I am NOT EXAGGERATING. My biggest issue now is containing myself so I don't sound like some kind of NUT CASE when I am talking to people or on FACEBOOK!!

I can honestly say Isagenix has changed my life in so many ways! My daughter has been extremely successful on it as well... Ultimately it becomes a lifestyle.... One I don't want to change! I have been on maintenance and not gained back an ounce, my body shape continues to change and I continue to feel great!! Maintenance for me is costing around $140. per month. Not only that but my product is paid for monthly through my testimony and an INCREDIBLE ADOPTEGENIX group of people trying to get healthy AND have a passion for adoption, orphan care and missions...... but I am now getting to a point that this will help sustain us physically and financially when we leave for Guatemala. This has literally been an answer to prayer for me. Covering my calling and passion to encourage health for moms and dads and kids in a wholistic way, and caring for orphans and moms in Guatemala and the other countries Project HOPEFUL is in. I could not ask for more.

Shades of MckMama. She spent $300 for the 30 day cleanse. And now $140/month for maintenance. It doesn't cost me $140/month to feed me and my 5 cats. This is crazy.

Well no offence. But as sad as that is. More is the fools paying that rather than looking in their own country for needy children and donating to improve the conditions in less fortunate countries. Fairly sure it is all about money. Nell I am not having a go at you. But I wonder if you think it has changed since your journey?

No offense. Yes, I think it has changed. The money has increased way beyond inflation. Our biggest expense in 1977 was air fare and 3 weeks of staying at a B&B. Our homestudy was free as, at that time, international adoption homestudies were required to be done by the state, which in Michigan meant free. The orphanage expected a donation, $900 was suggested. Some gave less, some gave more. Colombians love children, the babies and children were held, rocked, played with, and loved. You didn't see the institutionalized effects seen in Eastern Europe and China. There were very few cases of FAS. I never heard of any collectors. Most of those adopting were like us, married couples who, for whatever reason weren't able to have bio children. We wanted to be parents. Of all the couples I met over the years through real life support groups, none of us adopted more than 3 children. There were no adoption subsidies. It was a totally different world than now.

I honestly believe many of these collectors of adopted kids, all in the name of Jesus, are mentally ill.

Archived