IGNORED

Child Collectors Extraordinaire

dianapavelovna

The last four lines of that post broke my heart. It shows how deeply the children are being affected by such hatred. I would definitely file harassment charges if I were Jean.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's shocking. I hadn't realized people were so ignorant as to do that to children.

I'm not a huge fan of Jean's, I think shes adopted too many too soon, and that her kids with learning issues would thrive better in a smaller family.

That being said, she loves and castes for those kids deeply, I believe that, and no family, no maatter the size deserves that sort of treatment. I hope they take aaction against the person who violated hippo laws. I despise health care workers who think the rules don't apply to them

Dear LORD, wish I had a warning she had pictures of the Wish Star at Give Kids the World before I scrolled through it!

I am SOOOO happy that they got a Wish trip for their child. We are firm believers in Make A Wish after what they did for Micah.

I wish I could say I'm surprised at the attacks, but I'm not. I've been there. I suspect most parents who volunteer and adopt really significant special needs have experienced some level of discrimination, but hers sounds really over the top.

Dear LORD, wish I had a warning she had pictures of the Wish Star at Give Kids the World before I scrolled through it!

I am SOOOO happy that they got a Wish trip for their child. We are firm believers in Make A Wish after what they did for Micah.

I wish I could say I'm surprised at the attacks, but I'm not. I've been there. I suspect most parents who volunteer and adopt really significant special needs have experienced some level of discrimination, but hers sounds really over the top.

The Make a Wish trip looked amazing especially in view of her post. I am glad your son had the same opportunity.

I think shouting outside somebodies house about CHILDREN is beyond really the lowest of the low. Wether you agree or disagree with her adoption path. There is an accepted moral code in life and this is low, low, low.

I have spoken before about the legalities of hate speech laws in my country. I know how dearly the whole 'free speech' right is held in the US but I do feel happy knowing if somebody was shouting racist or discriminatory slurs outside my home they would be arrested. In this case especially. Children.

Oh, I completely agree that it takes the lowest of the low to shout hate at children. My sons once corralled a bully in a play structure and guided him OUT when he was attacking Micah. I was then subjected to a 15 minute screaming match from the child's mother about how my son should be locked up in a closet so no one in society had to see him because he was so broken, in front of Micah and all of his siblings. I stood my ground but I was amazed that some people are so full of hate for disabled kids. Doing it in front of their own home is below scum, it's just disgusting.

On the side track, I strongly encourage people to support Make a Wish and Give Kids the World (the organization in Orlando where ALL wish organizations feed into for the actual wish granting). Give Kids the World has an amazing relationship with Disney and Disney goes above and beyond for these kids and their families. They give you a badge and tell you to have the tallest member of your party wear it, and every cast member at Disney is trained to look for those badges and do EVERYTHING they can for the families to make their experience even more magical. They are trained that they can and should break normal rules for wish recipients.

When we went, we did everything for Micah, because it was obviously HIS trip. However, his sisters desperately wanted to meet A Princess. In Toon Town, there was a Princess and a Fairy meeting room side by side, with an hour wait time, that Micah would never, ever, EVER have survived. We asked a cast member if there was any way the girls would get in to meet just ONE character so they had something too. They closed the rooms to the public and let the entire family go meet first the Fairies and then the Princesses as well. One of my most cherished pictures of Micah is standing next to Cinderella with a lipstick kiss on his check and a look like he could conquer the world because Cinderella just kissed him. I did hear someone snottily ask when we bypassed the line, "What makes them so special to skip the line?" and all I could think was--tell you what, I will trade and you can have the child who will die on you. I would rather my child live than we get special treatment, but since I don't get my wish, at least he and his siblings get ONE chance where they are special and don't just live with the burden of looming doom over their heads.

I would hope a quick "they're with Make a Wish" from staff would shut those people up post haste, but I guess you never know...

I noticed the actual wish kid in the blog was wearing a special shirt in some of the pics, and was wondering if that helped the parade people notice and make sure to perform aiming in that direction (as they do for VIPs at various parades). Neat to hear that they have the badge thing all arranged.

do we discuss nogreaterjoymom.com here too? her latest post is a shameless plug for a herbalife like pyramid scheme product

She could join forces with MckMama :evil-eye:

Oh, I completely agree that it takes the lowest of the low to shout hate at children. My sons once corralled a bully in a play structure and guided him OUT when he was attacking Micah. I was then subjected to a 15 minute screaming match from the child's mother about how my son should be locked up in a closet so no one in society had to see him because he was so broken, in front of Micah and all of his siblings. I stood my ground but I was amazed that some people are so full of hate for disabled kids. Doing it in front of their own home is below scum, it's just disgusting.

On the side track, I strongly encourage people to support Make a Wish and Give Kids the World (the organization in Orlando where ALL wish organizations feed into for the actual wish granting). Give Kids the World has an amazing relationship with Disney and Disney goes above and beyond for these kids and their families. They give you a badge and tell you to have the tallest member of your party wear it, and every cast member at Disney is trained to look for those badges and do EVERYTHING they can for the families to make their experience even more magical. They are trained that they can and should break normal rules for wish recipients.

When we went, we did everything for Micah, because it was obviously HIS trip. However, his sisters desperately wanted to meet A Princess. In Toon Town, there was a Princess and a Fairy meeting room side by side, with an hour wait time, that Micah would never, ever, EVER have survived. We asked a cast member if there was any way the girls would get in to meet just ONE character so they had something too. They closed the rooms to the public and let the entire family go meet first the Fairies and then the Princesses as well. One of my most cherished pictures of Micah is standing next to Cinderella with a lipstick kiss on his check and a look like he could conquer the world because Cinderella just kissed him. I did hear someone snottily ask when we bypassed the line, "What makes them so special to skip the line?" and all I could think was--tell you what, I will trade and you can have the child who will die on you. I would rather my child live than we get special treatment, but since I don't get my wish, at least he and his siblings get ONE chance where they are special and don't just live with the burden of looming doom over their heads.

As a former Disney Cast Member who logged several hundred VoluntEars hours with Give Kids the World I want to thank you for sharing your experience with your trip. I always wondered what families actually thought of their experience. And as someone who has visited later with a Guest Assistance Card I got a small taste of the "what makes you so special" and it sucked. I would trade a thousand hours of line time to have my husband sleep through the night without screaming orders to his unit in Iraq or to have him be n public without scanning every inch of the environment for IEDs. I hope you don't think that I am comparing Your Micah and my husband, my point was other people sometimes suck.

As a former Disney Cast Member who logged several hundred VoluntEars hours with Give Kids the World I want to thank you for sharing your experience with your trip. I always wondered what families actually thought of their experience. And as someone who has visited later with a Guest Assistance Card I got a small taste of the "what makes you so special" and it sucked. I would trade a thousand hours of line time to have my husband sleep through the night without screaming orders to his unit in Iraq or to have him be n public without scanning every inch of the environment for IEDs. I hope you don't think that I am comparing Your Micah and my husband, my point was other people sometimes suck.

do we discuss nogreaterjoymom.com here too? her latest post is a shameless plug for a herbalife like pyramid scheme product

Oh we most certainly do!

Reading that I'm surprised to see she somehow thinks soy is bad for you, while being a vegetarian? Large parts of Asia might have a word... :roll:

Adeye must be feeling an acute need to monetize her blog. They've recently moved again, to a state that is less generous about paying her and Anthony to be the children's caregivers, and their old house hasn't sold yet. I am reading some cash flow problems in the situation.

Adeye has had Blogher ads for as long as I have followed her blog, which was in between her trips to bring the Ukrainian girls home. They took a large cut in pay by moving out of Colorado. They were getting thousands for their special needs children. They also have multiple homes they own now, the one in Richmond, VA, the one they were in prior to the foreclosure home, the foreclosure home they renovated and now paying rent on a fourth location. My guess is that she is quite desperate to cash in on her popularity by hawking a MLM.

Her MLM miracle product is NOT what is making Haysa healthy. The fact that the child is being fed at all is what is helping her gain weight and get healthy. Sorry, Micah had Cystic Fibrosis, was g-tube dependent and starved before entering our home. I was obsessed with his health and nutrition. I kept him on a normal growth curve and I did it by giving the child candy bars along with his g-tube and any other food I could get into his mouth (2 cans of Pediasure with 8 tablespoons of Hershey's syrup for years until he had to stop drinking Pediasure because it was too hard on his liver). It isn't WHAT she is feeding that child and she should know far better than that.

As for her own weight loss, 1. she was not FAT in the first place. 40 year old women do not require a thigh gap to be an appropriate weight, nor should you want to be the same weight you were at 20 as you approach menopause as it will not be kind to you if you are. There is a reason EVERY weight calculator accounts for weight in BMI or body weight calculators, because you are supposed to be slightly heavier as you age than when you were young. Given she is vegetarian, my guess is that the product has worked for her primarily because she's stopped with an incredibly unhealthy diet she was when she wasn't deliberate. Anything deliberate would have likely worked. Since she wants to promote as if she is a medical professional (and getting your CNA certificate so your state will pay you to care for your own children does NOT count as a medical professional), perhaps she should dig a bit deeper before she sells snake oil.

sciencebasedmedicine.org/isagenix-study-is-not-convincing/

I'm too tired to say it any better than that.

I did have to boggle at the idea of worrying over "empty calories" with Hasya. She's got ROOM, man! She can eat whatever she wants in addition to getting her basic nutrition, y'know? Milkshakes? Why not?

The problem is even if they have the money and the resources to take care of the kids, it's impossible that between the two parents they have enough time to tend to the needs of all of these children as they go through the adoption process. And that's before you take into account the children who have special needs.

I worked with a man who was part of a couple who adopted a lot of special needs kids, generally from abroad. Over the years, they were often in the local press--and the mom got a lot of attention for her "good works" of managing all these kids. I sometimes wondered if she had some kind of "Münchausen syndrome by proxy" thing going on. I worked with him off and on for 8 years at a funeral for the one and only time.

They were fundie/pre Vatican 2 catholics. Only sports on TV, and that was limited. Pre Vatican 2 catholic school. Skirts only. BUt she got something -- some kind of celebrity or "wow, she's stronger than me" or something, based on the things he'd say and the interviews I read.

I had to get strapped to a papoose board when I was 2.5 because I fell onto a pair of scissors and sliced my cornea.

OH MY GOD. In this whole horrific thread, I think this is the most horrific thing I've read. Now I'm imagining trying to help my child if that happened to them. I have a thing about eyes. :o :shock: :pink-shock:

I worked with him off and on for 8 years at a funeral for the one and only time.

I've read and reread this sentence, I cannot make sense of it at all. :pull-hair:

I've read and reread this sentence, I cannot make sense of it at all. :pull-hair:

I am glad it wasn't just me.

Latest post includes:

Thanks too for all the e-mails about our journey with Isagenix. I think I have responded to everyone. If you have not heard back from me yet, please resend your e-mail--it may have ended up in the spam folder. Thanks!

Wonder if Adeye will share how much money she starts raking in from blog readers.

Oh we most certainly do!

Reading that I'm surprised to see she somehow thinks soy is bad for you, while being a vegetarian? Large parts of Asia might have a word... :roll:

Perhaps she's basing it on the fact that practically all the soy available in the US is genetically modified?

Note 1: I say "fact", I mean "a thing I heard on the radio news at the turn of the century which may or may not still be accurate"

Note 2: I have no idea whether or not GM food is bad for the individual eating it and suspect that the blogger has none too

Note 3: I am not up on current thought and have no opinion about whether GM food is generally a Good or a Bad Thing

Sorry, I edit too often while I'm writing and the cutting is not always done well.

It should read

I worked with him off and on for 8 years, but met her for the one and only time at a funeral.

• 2 weeks later...
Latest post includes:

Wonder if Adeye will share how much money she starts raking in from blog readers.

I'm guessing she won't - one of her most recent posts is her whining all over the place about how cruel and meanspirited Christians are being about her joining an MLM organization. Of course, if you go back and read the allegedly "cruel and meanspirited" comments on her blog, they're no such thing and she's just got her panties in a knot. Playing the victim is much more fun, though, I suppose!

I did have to boggle at the idea of worrying over "empty calories" with Hasya. She's got ROOM, man! She can eat whatever she wants in addition to getting her basic nutrition, y'know? Milkshakes? Why not?

I know--just give them the crap food sometimes.

(I allow my kid to have flavored milk often--because it gets food into her stomach. She has no special needs, per se, but is underweight to the point where doctors lecture me :roll: --so, if 2 Tbsp of Strawberry Nesle quick = drinks 2 large glasses of whole milk, and it doesn't affect her willingness to try other foods, her teeth, or her appetite, more nesquick it is.)

I'm guessing she won't - one of her most recent posts is her whining all over the place about how cruel and meanspirited Christians are being about her joining an MLM organization. Of course, if you go back and read the allegedly "cruel and meanspirited" comments on her blog, they're no such thing and she's just got her panties in a knot. Playing the victim is much more fun, though, I suppose!

Wow, what a whiner. Apparently it's unChristian to not want to buy MLM products from your friends and acquaintances.

Archived