IGNORED

David and Priscilla updates

Deleted07

I couldn't care less if people this size 18 woman is fat shaming by calling Josh a lazy, arrogant lard ass. If you don't like that sort of thing then either don't click on a thread about Josh or don't join a snark board.

Josh has made his choices. He is 24 years of age and is obese. The reason he is obese is because he is lazy and he eats crap. It really is that simple. That doesn't mean that is the case for every overweight person as there are any number of reasons as to why a person is overweight. Josh's reasons are plain to see, just look at his instgram.

If you are going to get butthurt over this, I'm pretty sure we have a Butthurt Report form somewhere. Fill it in, it will be processed and you'll be given a lifetime supply of Anusol if your claim is approved.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to Ms Priss and his wife...

Exotic,

That line about black people struck me as false too. The farmer does sound crazy, but I'm guessing when that is how you make your living, you get sick and tired of people thinking it's ok to help themselves. What a WEIRD story. Of course he is a very bad story-teller anyway. Some of the things he leaves out leave you confused, and some of the details he includes add nothing to the story!

I so agree! He really prattles on, and gives weird details and then leaves out other information! I'm guessing that's all the religious 'spin' he tries to put in on every blogpost and situation!

It must be a warped way to think and look at the world and live, to think of everything that happens to you as being "ordained" by your God, and of course because you're just such a speshul snoflake, and God just has so little to do in the World, that he has actively and specifically taught you a lesson through any little drama that comes up!

The post also seems to be filled with self righteousness, even if he admitted he did wrong he still makes himself out to be the Godly one and the Martyr by way of God 'teaching' them a lesson and continually talking so condescending about everyone else in the situation. Its rather telling and bizarre really!

Then I suggest that you STFU with crying "fat shaming!!!!11!!11!!!1" every time someone brings up Josh's weight.

Commenting on appearances isn't bigotry. Josh is a white, Christian male, he's not an oppressed group, and neither are the overweight.

You are attempting your own form of shaming, you want to shame everyone who doesn't think just like you as a bigot. It's not the reality, and it's getting really, really boring.

Lilith, I'm sorry but I must respectfully disagree. White Christian males may not be an oppressed group in that sense, but surely if fat shaming is wrong, then it's wrong regardless of who is on the receiving end? It's true that Josh Duggar is a hypocrite for telling people how to live properly when he clearly doesn't look after himself, but your remark about not being an oppressed group kind of reminds me how some people think it's not possible to be racist towards white people or sexist towards males. Not having a go at you personally, just pointing out that fat shaming is fat shaming!

Back to Ms Priss and his wife...

I so agree! He really prattles on, and gives weird details and then leaves out other information! I'm guessing that's all the religious 'spin' he tries to put in on every blogpost and situation!

It must be a warped way to think and look at the world and live, to think of everything that happens to you as being "ordained" by your God, and of course because you're just such a speshul snoflake, and God just has so little to do in the World, that he has actively and specifically taught you a lesson through any little drama that comes up!

The post also seems to be filled with self righteousness, even if he admitted he did wrong he still makes himself out to be the Godly one and the Martyr by way of God 'teaching' them a lesson and continually talking so condescending about everyone else in the situation. Its rather telling and bizarre really!

Had to go and read the blog post and I agree also! That story is very bizarre and it's spun in a such a way to lessen the fact that he did something wrong and got caught. If I were that police officer, I would be seriously annoyed to get the "Christian" spiel when they obviously forgot about a certain commandment.

I did note that he offered the $100 to the farmer after complaining about a $50 hotel room so not buying that either.

Awaiting the next blog post with bated breath.....

Priscilla may have a certain lack of smarts, either organically or from her piss poor education, but David does not. He is well on his way to surpassing Jim Bob Duggar in charlatanism, and that boy is aiming for the top. Gothard won't live forever and nature abhors a vacuum. He is trying to position himself as a possible successor. Can't wait to see the spin on Pecangate.

Guest Anonymous

Awaiting the next blog post with bated breath.....

Me too - though possibly not for the reasons Davilla wants me to be awaiting it....

Jeez, I wasn't asking you to take medical advice from her. It's a link post!

I am going to suggest that you take a break from FJ and learn how to not take things so personally. She was not attacking you in her post.

Well, to be fair Michelle was talking to Justin, who was a toddler at the time. I give her a pass for the way she spoke as lots of people talk in higher pitched voices when speaking to babies and toddlers. Priscilla is not trying to negotiate with a 2-3yo about staying behind and keeping them calm, she's doing a video speaking all ages. I won't snark on Priscilla though as it seems she has some sort of disability. For me, snarking on her feels like snarking on a 10yo and that's just wrong.

Yah, I definitely understand that. I take care of babies, so I catch myself doing quite a bit of it too. This one though.... idk it just creeped me out. Like you could tell she wanted to get more upset, but knew she had to be sweet. That and the look in her eyes. Who knows maybe I am totally interpreting it the wrong way ha.

The poor farmer! Pecan prices have been skyrocketing lately and casual thievery takes a real chunk of their profits. NPR Story Link I wonder how David can justify taking from those who typically don't make much.

Looks like The Pecan Story is no longer on davidlovespriscilla.com, but it does live on in my Google Reader. Here you go (sans pictures - those are still in my Reader but wouldn't copy with the text):

Home » Family Updates » The Pecan Story

Posted by David Waller on Dec 4, 2012 in Family Updates, Ministry Reports, Photo Galleries | 3 comments

It all started so innocently. We were on our way down after completing a wonderful time at the national Bible Bee. God seemed to ordain every step we took. We were dropping off a co-worker and would pick them up again on the way back up north. It was on our way and not an inconvenience at all and to make matters even better, they offered to feed us lunch. No lunch meat for lunch today! We were having a Southern meal of homemade fried chicken, so tender and juicy. Yum! This home was surrounded by beautiful fields of peach orchards, pecan groves, and peanut farms. Totally foreign to me, they explained that they had just gathered the pecan harvest by shaking each tree and then raking them into wind rows to be picked up by the next machine.

Time for a walk

As our lunch and fellowship came to a close, I asked if there was a good place to go for a little walk before completing the remaining six hour’s drive to Florida. The family kindly offered, “We sometimes walk down the highway, but there are no shoulders. You can certainly walk around our yard… or we know our neighbor and he lets us walk in his pecan grove.â€

As we went outside the prospect of a walk did not look so inviting, so we headed to the van, bid our hosts goodbye and took off. Just as we pulled out the clouds parted and the sun beamed down. I quickly looked at Priscilla and after rounding the bend decided to pull into the other side of the neatly planted mature pecan trees. After walking along the road I felt it was important for us to head back. As we headed back, I saw a few pecans pressed into the mud. I quickly dug one out, brushed it off and cracked it open, only to find the most delicious, lush, buttery pecan I think I had ever tasted. I handed some to Priscilla. I had a little caution about it, but I quickly brushed it aside. We thought, “Maybe we should dig out just a few and bring them down for Thanksgiving. That would be a nice treat. After all, they already harvested. We are just gleaning the field.†I ran to the van and found our paper Bible Bee gift bag.

The law catches up

After only a few minutes the bag was filling nicely. I glanced up and waved as a blue car drove by. I am not sure it registered in my mind that it was a state trooper until I saw his car back only a few minutes later. This time he rolled down his window and called out, “Hey, what are you all doing out there? Who gave you permission to be out there?â€

Motioning toward the red house in the distance I explained, “We are traveling through the area and just had lunch with that family over there.†The trooper asked, “Do they own the property?†I replied, “No, but they said they know the owner and he lets them walk in this grove.†The trooper replied, “Well, I just talked to the owner and he told me he does not want anyone out here. You wait right here. He wants to have a word with you.†Oh, boy, was I in for a surprise.

The farmer arrives

A pickup pulled in a short while later and out jumped a plain-clothed officer. He walked over to talk with the other officer while we waited another fifteen minutes. Finally the owner of the property pulled up. As he got out of his pickup he grabbed a slender fiberglass cattle-prod. As he walked briskly towards us he slashed at the grass back and forth as he walked. He was ANGRY!

For what seemed like an eternity he yelled questions at us such as, “What did you think you were doing? Who gave you permission to be out here? It’s one thing for those black folks to be out here at night, but you decent white folk are out here stealing in broad daylight!!! I bet you got a Bible in your car back there too! Don’t you realize that is like stealing money out of my wallet?â€

Situation gets worse

Obviously this was not the first time people had wronged him. Of course we felt horrible and wanted to do anything needed to make this right. After the landowner had carried on for a time, he turned back and called out to the officers, “You got your deputy on his way out here yet? You better, because they are going to hear gunshots over their heads in a minute.†After a stern warning from the officers, a few more police came on the scene. Each one seemed to do their best to give us a talking. Finally, the deputy for the area arrived. God so ordained him to be a large jolly African-American officer. I wish you could have seen the face of the land-owner when he saw him. This officer was one of the nicest guys. Upon getting my license he went over to get my wife’s. Upon hearing the threat of gun fire, I asked if she would be permitted to sit in the van. When he went up to get her information his first question was, “How many months are you along?†She burst into tears and held up five fingers. He compassionately said, “You don’t have to get all emotional about it. I think we are just going to write you up a warning not to go on his property again.†You could not have paid us go on that property again.

A sticky situation

One of the other tall officers ended up doing the negotiations. He had to give me “a talking to†loud enough that the land owner could hear to try and appease his wrath. Finally, he asked me what I had to say. I explained that I just wanted to take my wife on a little walk, but that I was totally wrong to take pecans. I told him, “I am a born again Christian and no Christian should ever steal. God and I have a good relationship and I had a caution and I did not listen to God’s prompting. I am really sorry, and I would like to offer this guy restitution. I have no clue what the bag of pecans is worth, but I have $100 in cash right here to give him.â€

With that the officer told me to come over to talk. The owner was still upset, but had calmed down some. The officer asked him, “Did you take any time to even listen to these kids and what they had to say?†He stared at the ground and shook his head. “Tell him what you told me†the officer stated.

I looked the man square in the eye and said, “Sir, I am a born again Christian and I do have a Bible in that car and this is no way for a Christian to act. I have been a horrible witness of what a Christian ought to be because no Christian ought to steal. I just came from helping out at the national Bible Bee. You can probably see that on the very bag I used. I have taught character in the public schools of Oklahoma for years. I am headed down right now to do some ministry in a prison. God and I have a great relationship and when He tells me not to do something, I know better, but I disobeyed His prompting. I want you to know that I am very sorry. Here is a token of my apology.†I stuffed the hundred dollars in the top of the bag and began to back away.

The officer repeated it, “Did you hear that? He violated his inner peace and did what was wrong and now is offering you a hundred bucks as restitution.†He straightened up and looked at me and then at the police officer. He said, “No, you keep your money, no I don’t want your dirty money.†After a pause he looked back up and said, “No, all I want is one good picture of you and your Mrs. holding that bag of pecans.†I said, “Yes, sir. Anything you want. I have done you wrong.†After he took a picture on his little flip phone I said, “Sir, could you take a picture of us as well? I want to teach my little boy this lesson too.†We shook hands, gave us our paper-work and we were off.

As we drove down the road, I asked God, “Father, why did you allow that to happen?†The answer came just two days later… Read more in a few days.

Guest Anonymous
The poor farmer! Pecan prices have been skyrocketing lately and casual thievery takes a real chunk of their profits.
  • NPR'>http://www.npr.org/2012/01/21/145511786/farmers-arm-themselves-against-pecan-thieves]NPR Link
I wonder how David can justify taking from those who typically don't make much.

It was a rather large bag of pecans, too. The picture really made me laugh, after the wall of text which rather trivialised the crime. I was imagining them filling the sort of little snack bag that you'd buy a 1/4 of sweeties in from the shop. It was a fecking grocery sack! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Looks like The Pecan Story is no longer on davidlovespriscilla.com, but it does live on in my Google Reader. Here you go (sans pictures - those are still in my Reader but wouldn't copy with the text):

Welcome to FreeJinger! You star!!!! :dance:

Please, please, could you make my life by taking a screen cap of the google reader window with the happy couple holding their giant carrier bag of pecans: pretty, pretty please?! :pray:

AreteJo,

Pecan-gate!! I love it!!!!!

I am having trouble figuring out how they thought it would be ok to take food from a pecan orchard. Also, what ever happened to following all of gods rules in the bible including the 10 commandments. More specifically thou shall not steal.

Because I find their site awkward and hard to navigate, here's the link. davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/04/the-pecan-story/

How much would a bag of pecans that size cost? The other part of the story that does not ring true is this:

The officer repeated it, “Did you hear that? He violated his inner peace and did what was wrong and now is offering you a hundred bucks as restitution.â€

I'm not buying that the officer slipped into fundie lingo with the whole violation of his inner peace. And this part pissed me off:

"One of the other tall officers ended up doing the negotiations. He had to give me “a talking to†loud enough that the land owner could hear to try and appease his wrath."

Note that the officer didn't give the talking to b/c David deserved it, but in David's mind, it was a wink-wink let's appease the crazy man kind of thing.

Welcome to FreeJinger! You star!!!! :dance:

Please, please, could you make my life by taking a screen cap of the google reader window with the happy couple holding their giant carrier bag of pecans: pretty, pretty please?! :pray:

post-2089-14451997190239_thumb.jpg

why did God allow that to happen? Not taking responsibility there? Was it a real 100$ or was it the false kind of 100$?

If the pecans weren't shelled? I'd say easily 40-50$ if they shelled them before... 100-150? Based on what I pay at TJ

Odd. I went to the main site, clicked on Blog, and the last entry available was the one about the Bible Bee.

ETA: Thanks, anniec! Looks like shewearsfunnyhat granted your wish. Now bask in the red-faced awkward shame! And full disclosure time: I used to post a while back as Precious Addition. No shenanigans or shadiness intended here.

Guest Anonymous
Odd. I went to the main site, clicked on Blog, and the last entry available was the one about the Bible Bee.

ETA: Thanks, anniec! Looks like shewearsfunnyhat granred your wish. Now bask in the red-faced awkward shame! And full disclosure time: I used to post a while back as Precious Addition. No shenanigans or shadiness intended here.

:idea: You need to contact admin asap before you are banned for creating a sock account!

Weird...I can still see it on their site. Can anyone else?

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/04/the-pecan-story/

They removed the post from the front page of the blog but they also need to remove the actual post which they have not done.

:idea: You need to contact admin asap before you are banned for creating a sock account!

Thanks; just did so. I'm not planning on posting all that much, but I don't want to break any rules.

Back to Pecan Gate: I wonder if David had a change of heart (or, rather, "a caution") about posting that story. Something does seem very off about the whole thing. I'm also wondering about the logistics of the cellphone picture the farmer took. Like, did David ask the farmer to picture message it to him so he could have it? Or did someone also take a picture at the same time with David's or Priscilla's phone?

So if they moved it, does that mean it's time to say, "Hi David!"

I hope this doesn't mean that they aren't posting the rest of the story. Come on, don't leave us hanging on pecan gate!

Because I find their site awkward and hard to navigate, here's the link. davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/04/the-pecan-story/

How much would a bag of pecans that size cost? The other part of the story that does not ring true is this:

The officer repeated it, “Did you hear that? He violated his inner peace and did what was wrong and now is offering you a hundred bucks as restitution.â€

I'm not buying that the officer slipped into fundie lingo with the whole violation of his inner peace. And this part pissed me off:

"One of the other tall officers ended up doing the negotiations. He had to give me “a talking to†loud enough that the land owner could hear to try and appease his wrath."

Note that the officer didn't give the talking to b/c David deserved it, but in David's mind, it was a wink-wink let's appease the crazy man kind of thing.

Bolded...or he was mocking David. I get the impression that people so sheltered like David and Priscilla would mistake sarcasm for seriousness. Because it certainly comes across to me that the officer was making fun of David if he said actually said that.

Though agree with the last statement. That's how it came across to me as well.

It’s one thing for those black folks to be out here at night, but you decent white folk are out here stealing in broad daylight!!!

Wait...what? Did the owner actually say that? Racist much? Unless David just added that part, which would make David racist. Those black folks, decent white folk? I can't even

The officer asked him, “Did you take any time to even listen to these kids and what they had to say?†He stared at the ground and shook his head. “Tell him what you told me†the officer stated.

For some reason I doubt this.

I have taught character in the public schools of Oklahoma for years. I am headed down right now to do some ministry in a prison.

How old is David? He doesn't look very old. So how has he taught character in Oklahoma for years. And in public schools no less.

He said, “No, you keep your money, no I don’t want your dirty money.†After a pause he looked back up and said, “No, all I want is one good picture of you and your Mrs. holding that bag of pecans.†I said, “Yes, sir. Anything you want. I have done you wrong.†After he took a picture on his little flip phone I said, “Sir, could you take a picture of us as well? I want to teach my little boy this lesson too.†We shook hands, gave us our paper-work and we were off.

Hmm...wonder what the owner is going to do with that picture???

Archived