IGNORED

David and Priscilla updates

Deleted07

I figured I'd make an all inclusive topic for all Davilla updates ;-)

The latest being they went to a Bible Bee where David was a judge and they got their Hotel room paid for by the Bible Bee people, and afterwards saw The Bates Family! Thrilling Stuff! LOL!

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/04/national-bible-bee/

What a special time of fellowship we had together both at church and back at the Bates home later that day.

We even got to go to some horseback riding—something I had wanted to do with Priscilla since our honeymoon nine months earlier.

After a wonderful time at the Bates we began what turned out to be quite an adventurous journey down to Florida. On Thursday, we will post an unforgettable story that almost left us in big trouble.

Oh I do wonder what dramatic thing happened and how God came to their aide! :roll:

ALSO!

On their Youtube Channel, Priscilla has a Christmas Greeting for you all...

OUjc3vY5bkk

So let me just go stab myself in the head while I Thank sweet baby Jesus for adult women who talk like they are from Romper Room...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yay for this topic, Ive been wanting to start it for a while!

Meanwhile whats with david on that poor lil horse!

Brokeback mountain much??

Also david why do you need to be in every singel shot get over urself honey! There is so so so much I could spark on about this website its off the map!

Her voice reminds me of the voice JennaMarbles uses to talk to her dogs.

Actually, Priscilla reminds me of one of my dogs -- my late lamented cocker spaniel-mix. She was probably abused and was picked up by the Humane Society on the meridian of a throughway before we adopted her. A very sweet, dim-witted, and rather anxious dog.

She and Priscilla share the same anxious expression, submissiveness, determination to please and difficulty in communicating! I keep expecting Priscilla to do a submissive pee on the floor if anyone raises their voice in her presence.

Riffle

Oh just get the fuck off my internets.

I've never read a blog more dripping with fundie english in my life. Can they be anymore generic and sterile?

At least Josh and Anna and the rest of the Duggars have some character.

Oh just get the fuck off my internets.

I've never read a blog more dripping with fundie english in my life. Can they be anymore generic and sterile?

At least Josh and Anna and the rest of the Duggars have some character.

Amen! I assume they have to toe the line even more since they work for Gothard. Or at least I think they do. What the heck does David do? Do they have their own house?

He claims that he went horseback riding with Priscilla, but it doesn't look like she did anything but stand there and watch him ride a horse in his shirt that is waaay too tight. That is not going horseback riding together.

I figured I'd make an all inclusive topic for all Davilla updates ;-)

The latest being they went to a Bible Bee where David was a judge and they got their Hotel room paid for by the Bible Bee people, and afterwards saw The Bates Family! Thrilling Stuff! LOL!

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/04/national-bible-bee/

Oh I do wonder what dramatic thing happened and how God came to their aide! :roll:

ALSO!

On their Youtube Channel, Priscilla has a Christmas Greeting for you all...

OUjc3vY5bkk

So let me just go stab myself in the head while I Thank sweet baby Jesus for adult women who talk like they are from Romper Room...

She has developmental issues of some kind. There is something very wrong there.

I cannot snark on her because I am quite sure that she is developmentally disabled. It seems to me that the Gothard People set these two up in order to put to bed (so to speak) his sexuality and her issues (whatever they may be).

Amen! I assume they have to toe the line even more since they work for Gothard. Or at least I think they do. What the heck does David do? Do they have their own house?

I think he still works for Gothard and from the looks at the blog is earning his preacher cred by visiting teaching.

He claims that he went horseback riding with Priscilla, but it doesn't look like she did anything but stand there and watch him ride a horse in his shirt that is waaay too tight. That is not going horseback riding together.

I think she is pregnant. The general consensus is that horseback riding is not safe in pregancy particularly if she is an inexperienced rider.

I think she is pregnant. The general consensus is that horseback riding is not safe in pregancy particularly if she is an inexperienced rider.

She is pregnant and it is pretty obvious he didn't go horseback riding with her. He was all "I wanted to go horseback riding with her since we got married." but she didn't go horseback riding. If my husband said "I would love to take you to do ~fill in the blank~" and then counted a time when he did it and not me as doing that activity together, I would not be happy. It shows how little he actually thinks of her. He seems extremely self-absorbed.

She has developmental issues of some kind. There is something very wrong there.

I cannot snark on her because I am quite sure that she is developmentally disabled. It seems to me that the Gothard People set these two up in order to put to bed (so to speak) his sexuality and her issues (whatever they may be).

I thought so too when I saw that clip but then I watched a few more videos and he speaks the same way.

a7wCo-R5tdQ

To much time at the Cult HQ?

She is pregnant and it is pretty obvious he didn't go horseback riding with her. He was all "I wanted to go horseback riding with her since we got married." but she didn't go horseback riding. If my husband said "I would love to take you to do ~fill in the blank~" and then counted a time when he did it and not me as doing that activity together, I would not be happy. It shows how little he actually thinks of her. He seems extremely self-absorbed.

Agreed. If he really wanted to go with her he would have waited until she could. I am thankful every day that I ran from men like this.

Totally agree with the developmental issues she may have, so I won't snark too much. I think this viedo is vaguely defrauding though. Is that her right nipple I see that is slightly poking against the fabric of her shirt? :shock: I guess she gets all excited when David films her.

Oh, the moaning about a fifty dollar hotel room, seriously? I loved the "poor part of town" description. I am going to vote that in Fundy speak that means "there might be a black or hispanic person within 10 miles of the place". I got the impression that David's family might have a few bucks and they are supporting the two of them. Then again, they might have learned from the Duggars that pleading poverty means people will give you free stuff even when you clearly don't need the free stuff. I'd be pissed off if I was the Bates family and offered them a free place to stay only to have them poo-poo the distance of an ENTIRE HOUR from their house to the bee. Get over it, some people have to drive that far every day to get to work... But, I guess they aren't speshul like David is. The only legit reason I could see would be the discomfort a pregnant woman might have about spending 2 hours in the car everyday and having no place to take a nap in the middle of the day. But, then again, its about David not about his pregnant wife. What a winner.

Why couldn't these two have been one of the many failed fundy courtships?! I guess Priscilla was pretty desperate to get married, and obviously would marry anyone that came along. I'm not sure if she's developmentally disabled. I think she's just plain old dumb. And she went for the first guy that came along because she's not so dumb as to think that there would be more opportunities out there for her. She must also see her sister Esther and maybe Anna and seen what its like to marry a lazy good for nothing layabout. I'll give David one thing, he seems like he isn't afraid of going to work every day and he's physically active. Isn't it funny that the fundys talk about a strong work ethic, but they manage to raise so many young men who are so very lazy.

They're not my "usual" fundies, but that video left me thinking a few things:

1) What a dim bulb.

2) She is condescending as hell. even more than other fundies.

3) Priscilla is trying too hard to make her speech inflective, which makes her appear all the more dim and condescending. You can tell this is what she's been trained to do and that she has no more spark in her to do anything other than what she was trained to do.

4) She has totally drunk the Kool Aid. Possibly she's not very capable of independent thought in the first place, but whatever thought she might have had has been somehow beaten out of her.

5) Do they really have followers who learn this basic fundie crap from them? Really? There are folks who look up to them? You mean no one else has ever thought of "blessing" their neighbors at Christmas time and not just keeping their celebrations to themselves? .... talk about unoriginal. :roll:

My thoughts on Priscilla:

1. I don't think she's developmentally disabled, just not terribly bright, and that her exposure to the real world, and the way real people operate/communicate, has been almost nil.

2. She has drunk the Kool-Aid, been marinated in the Kool-Aid, and is on a 24/7 Kool-Aid IV drip.

3. She expresses herself as if there's been an eentsy bit of vodka added to that Kool-Aid.

Priscilla's video is...odd. She sounds very childish, and I mean that more in the literal sense than the snarky one. She comes across in the way I'd expect a 6-9 year old to speak and act. I agree that David uses a similar inflection/excitement/speech in his videos that she's probably mimicking, but while he does come across as a bit overly excited or fake, Priscilla seems even more so. There's something weirdly vacant in the way that she looks/sounds on video that isn't present with David, or with even her sister Anna (at least in the videos of Anna speaking that I've seen - Anna may be fundie, but she seems far more grounded somehow than Priscilla).

Oh, they saw the Bates family? Nice, I was wondering if they had been sucked into a black hole or something. They haven't updated their blog since October.

As for Priscilla, I may have said this before but I don't think she has developmental issues. I think she's not super bright, she has a bit of a speech impediment, and she's trying as hard as she can to sound like a sweet, submissive fundie gal. The combination makes her look and sound bizarre. Her husband is off his rocker, too. I can't imagine them with a child. :?

My ATI friend who recently had an arranged marriage talks the exact same way, in a little girl baby voice (she's 26). I used to think it was just her (and her mom and sisters) until I came to this site and found it to be a common fundie occurrence. I think the person above me hit the nail on the head by saying it seems like they are "trying as hard as [they] can to sound like a sweet, submissive fundie gal." Too sad. Women were meant to be so much smarter and stronger than this. Why demean themselves? I don't even think the God they claim to believe in wants them to act like that, but off-topic... :/

Is this what they mean when they say to "embrace your femininity" and stuff like that? I'll bet that the baby sing-sing voice is a sign of a "feminine" woman whereas you could say the exact same words in a strong, clear, confident voice and be deemed "unfeminine."

Oh, the moaning about a fifty dollar hotel room, seriously? I loved the "poor part of town" description. I am going to vote that in Fundy speak that means "there might be a black or hispanic person within 10 miles of the place". I got the impression that David's family might have a few bucks and they are supporting the two of them. Then again, they might have learned from the Duggars that pleading poverty means people will give you free stuff even when you clearly don't need the free stuff. I'd be pissed off if I was the Bates family and offered them a free place to stay only to have them poo-poo the distance of an ENTIRE HOUR from their house to the bee. Get over it, some people have to drive that far every day to get to work... But, I guess they aren't speshul like David is. The only legit reason I could see would be the discomfort a pregnant woman might have about spending 2 hours in the car everyday and having no place to take a nap in the middle of the day. But, then again, its about David not about his pregnant wife. What a winner.

I didn't get the rant about the $50 hotel room. I haven't kept up with them as much as others so I was curious how did they get thier apartment/condo/home? Is it in Chicago? It looks nicer then Josh's and Anna starter home, from what we have seen of the kitchen, dining room and living room. I haven't been to Chicago for 10 years but I would assume that d &P's place has to cost way more then J&A's. Does Gothard pay that well? or is family supporting them?

It is sad today's age of internet hotel discounts that P&D aren't allowed to surf the web? I travel for medical care and sometimes it is peak season or conventions in town and I am always able to find a decent room (Im a bit of a hotel snob) for a deep discount price.

I guess I just thought $50 was weird to complain about when they are living in what appears to be a nice place in a big city.

Priscillia reminds me of very sheltered girls who would come to the all womens college I attended thinking it was safe and sweet place and they would run home after a week when finding out how liberal it was.

post-666-14451997187041_thumb.jpg

Don't those horses (the ones in the middle especially) look too small for grown men to be riding. I know nothing about horses, so feel free to correct me. At least we get to see what shape Bateses horses are in now.

Archived