IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

I read somewhere that we don't get closure on Glenn till the episode on or about Nov 22nd - that'd be the mid season break wouldn't it? Damn that mid season break, I hate it and spend those 3 or 4 months looking at the television like this: :angry-tappingfoot:

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the midseason finale has brought us the actual deaths of Hershel and Beth, BUT ALSO the unexpected survival of Carol (in the prison). So, I'm hoping for balance...

I want to see what happens with Rick's romance, since the woman's son hates him. It was kind of a conflict of interest for Rick to kill her husband, lol.

The Morgan episode kind of bored me as well.  We watched the most recent episode on Monday evening when my husband got home from work.  It was the first episode since the "Carol is a badass" episode that wasn't largely forgettable for me.

We are leaving for Italy in a few days, so unless we somehow manage to find TWD on Italian TV in English, we will have 2 episodes to catch up on when we get back.

A bunch of random thoughts.

I don't think I can handle the stress of watching what Morgan's prisoner wolf does to the the Alexandrites. 

Did ,Abraham come on to Sasha, and did Sasha seem to accept his advances with her "you have business to take care of" response. Did that really happen?

gah I have work to do. More later . Enjoy Italy!

I read Sasha's response to Abraham as "not if you're with Rosita" more than "yeah, okay, but dump your girl". 

And, well, Sasha is really sharp. Especially when she's got her head on straight. A footprint in the mud and labeling the door of their carefully-chosen "base" with something Daryl would notice (but maybe not the guys they're trying to evade) are things a tracker would notice. And she doesn't seem like someone who would "steal another woman's man" or willingly be a "rebound". 

I want to see what happens with Rick's romance, since the woman's son hates him. It was kind of a conflict of interest for Rick to kill her husband, lol.

I hate the little romance thing Rick and Jessie have going on. I mean, she cut his hair once, and then straight away he's in luuuurve and on a mission to bump off her husband because he's abusive and Rick's all "Ah want to protect mah woman". The guy may well have been an abusive bastard, but he was also a doctor. Not something to be sniffed at. They do actually come in handy - why not just deal with him some other way so he could still be useful medically? I just don't think the writers built up the romance angle enough before making Rick act like Rambo.

Rick is really annoying me a lot this season.

DD, Rick is just horny, its been a while for him. Jessie's husband was a real douche dick (porch dick as they called him on the Talking Dead), he abused his sons too. The ostrich approach the Alexandrians took to the abuse was not right, at the very least Jessie and the boys should have been given shelter away from him.

DD, Rick is just horny, its been a while for him. Jessie's husband was a real douche dick (porch dick as they called him on the Talking Dead), he abused his sons too. The ostrich approach the Alexandrians took to the abuse was not right, at the very least Jessie and the boys should have been given shelter away from him.

Yeah I get all that, I just don't think the writers built the relationship up enough or something. Not that they can go out for dinner and a movie of course, but they were hardly even on screen together, and suddenly Rick's all full on, and they've barely spoken.

So how's that Glenn? I wonder why, if Nicholas was lying across Glenn, the ravenous hordes didn't attack his exposed legs? Because they had to have been exposed. I mean, I'm glad he's alive, I'm just pretty disappointed in this seasons writing, really.

Jessie's son is SO going to shoot Carl if he gets a chance. 

Glenn (who isn't dead!!!) is SUCH A DAD. I was waiting for him to crack a really bad, cheesy joke at some point so Enid could give him a typical teenager-embarrassed-by-dad reaction.

Yeah I get all that, I just don't think the writers built the relationship up enough or something. Not that they can go out for dinner and a movie of course, but they were hardly even on screen together, and suddenly Rick's all full on, and they've barely spoken.

So how's that Glenn? I wonder why, if Nicholas was lying across Glenn, the ravenous hordes didn't attack his exposed legs? Because they had to have been exposed. I mean, I'm glad he's alive, I'm just pretty disappointed in this seasons writing, really.

Jessie's son is SO going to shoot Carl if he gets a chance. 

I guess Rick and Jessie are the new normal for "dating" in the zombie apocalypse, LOL.  I figured Glenn wasn't dead after the wishy-washy Talking Dead episode. So glad he is alive, although his being alive is farfetched. Carl is so nice, wanting to help Jessie's son learn how to shoot. Why do they trust that boy? And Enid? What is up with her? I wanted Glenn to leave her since she was being such a douche. Lennie had better look out for Carol.

I guess Rick and Jessie are the new normal for "dating" in the zombie apocalypse, LOL.  I figured Glenn wasn't dead after the wishy-washy Talking Dead episode. So glad he is alive, although his being alive is farfetched. Carl is so nice, wanting to help Jessie's son learn how to shoot. Why do they trust that boy? And Enid? What is up with her? I wanted Glenn to leave her since she was being such a douche. Lennie had better look out for Carol.

I don't think Carl sees what Ron's up to. And, he's pretty confident of his abilities as a manly man now, so there's that. He probably thinks he could handle anything Ron could throw at him.

I don't quite get Enid's story either. I mean sure, she's an angsty teen who saw her parents die, so that would certainly screw with anyone, she's just so nasty and prickly though. I think she'll bond with Glenn and live with him and Maggie...assuming the town is still there next week though...:my_confused:

I don't think Carl sees what Ron's up to. And, he's pretty confident of his abilities as a manly man now, so there's that. He probably thinks he could handle anything Ron could throw at him.

I don't quite get Enid's story either. I mean sure, she's an angsty teen who saw her parents die, so that would certainly screw with anyone, she's just so nasty and prickly though. I think she'll bond with Glenn and live with him and Maggie...assuming the town is still there next week though...:my_confused:

IKR, Alexandria may have had its last stand. I wonder if that stupid minister toppled the church. Why is he still alive? He adds nothing to the story line, yuk, my least favorite character on the show. Carl is confident, but he's got to learn to be less trusting, or to better discern who his enemies are. He can't handle Ron shooting him in the back though, what a punk (Ron, that is). Maybe eating that raw turtle gave poor Enid some kind of parasite that has affected her behavior, in addition to being an angsty teenage girl.

Best moment was rick getting the finger.

I figure Ron (is that angsty teen?) wants to shoot Carl (or Rick) but will shoot Enid instead.  

Speaking of Rick getting the finger, it will be interesting to see what if anything, happens to Tara this season, as the actress just had a baby earlier this month. Will she stay in the show, or be written out? Then again, the actress who plays Sascha was apparently pregnant through Season 5, and she is still there. I hadn't noticed either of them were pregnant.

Sunday's episode was WOW. SPOILERS FOLLOW:

Ron should have got his azz kicked for trying to shoot Carl and letting the walkers into his house. That boy really sucks.

Deanna's demise was touching, but I would rather have seen a couple of others go, the useless priest and Eugene.

I knew a confrontation between Lennie and Carol was coming. Carol was proved right. I hope the wolf doesn't hurt the poor doctor he kidnapped. And Lennie better hope that Maggie doesn't wake up first. He valued a wolf's life over Carol's? That man is not fit for the apocalypse, zombie or otherwise.

I want to see Glenn and Maggie's reunion, he is so close. I hope the baby is OK, that was quite a harrowing escape she had from the walkers.

Now we must wait until February 14. Ugh.

Sunday's episode was WOW. SPOILERS FOLLOW:

Ron should have got his azz kicked for trying to shoot Carl and letting the walkers into his house. That boy really sucks.

Deanna's demise was touching, but I would rather have seen a couple of others go, the useless priest and Eugene.

I knew a confrontation between Lennie and Carol was coming. Carol was proved right. I hope the wolf doesn't hurt the poor doctor he kidnapped. And Lennie better hope that Maggie doesn't wake up first. He valued a wolf's life over Carol's? That man is not fit for the apocalypse, zombie or otherwise.

I want to see Glenn and Maggie's reunion, he is so close. I hope the baby is OK, that was quite a harrowing escape she had from the walkers.

Now we must wait until February 14. Ugh.

Totally agree about Ron. What an idiot! And Carl, Carl, Carl, there is nothing to gain from trying to protect him, he'll just get you killed. 

Jesse needed to get her other son out of his room before this. I mean I feel for him, he's terrified, but it's not doing him any good sitting in there alone all day, focusing and dwelling on the bad stuff. Why not say "Pretend you're brave and come downstairs" BEFORE the walkers got in, sheesh. I know they didn't know they were going to get in, but I mean for his own health.

Morgan did a bad, bad thing. Too naive. Too willing to believe in everyone, and the only way to find out whether the guy had changed or not, was when going to be when he killed someone. I hope the doctor is OK, too :(

And Glenn and Maggie. DAMNIT! I wanted them to meet too. Now Maggie has to lie up on that damn tower for 2 1/2 months while Glenn waits outside with angsty, broken Enid. *sigh* I hate these breaks.

Let's hope Sascha, Abraham and Daryl come charging in in their little truck and lead the walkers away. Or something. 

Annoying thing: If they can walk through a horde of walkers disguised by blood, etc., why the hell didn't someone, or a couple of someones do it before the tower fell and broke the walls, and get outside to lead the walkers away in the first place??? 

Annoying thing: If they can walk through a horde of walkers disguised by blood, etc., why the hell didn't someone, or a couple of someones do it before the tower fell and broke the walls, and get outside to lead the walkers away in the first place??? 

This

One of the most annoying things about this show is how things are absolute, until they're not.  I'm really glad Glenn is alive because I like him, but liking people on walking dead means they're not safe... and zombies randomly bite and gnash... except for when they dont.  They ripped a body a part and never even scratched Glenn?  Whatever... 

Rick remembers the clever trick about covering himself in zombie blood except for when the walls are surrounded.  They already found the convenient underground tunnel, so why not goop yourself up, meander through there, and set off a fire bomb half a mile away? If all they have to do is make noise to distract the hoard... seems pretty simple.

I think the biggest problem in Alexandria is that everyone is so "independent" in the community that they don't actually talk to each other. 

Like, Aaron showed Maggie that tunnel. Did Angsty Enid know it was there? Did Maggie think to mention that the tunnel was there when she spoke to Rick or Michonne? Did Eugene tell anyone that Carter and the other "rebels" pulled a gun on him? (Speaking of Eugene -- why didn't he ever mention that he could pick locks before this?) Apparently Jessie's husband being an abusive prick was common knowledge, but did anyone ever try to reach out to Jessie and offer her support? Where the hell is everyone ELSE in Alexandria?

I realize that this season, so far, has been about three days, so everything going to shit means that Rick's people haven't really had time (or opportunity) to check in. But the population of Alexandria still haven't figured out that they need to communicate with each other to survive this, because they've been playing Society As Normal But With A Communal Pantry. 

Finally: you fucked it up, Morgan. You fucked it up. Her life was in your hands. 

On 12/7/2015 at 0:32 AM, justsomedame said:

I don't know what to do with myself at 9pm on Sunday anymore. :my_sad:

Yes, there is definitely a void.

I also wonder f the priest caused the church tower to fall over. He was in there right before it happened, about to hold a prayer service or something.  I don't trust him and have no idea why such a weak character has lasted so long.

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

Yes, there is definitely a void.

I also wonder f the priest caused the church tower to fall over. He was in there right before it happened, about to hold a prayer service or something.  I don't trust him and have no idea why such a weak character has lasted so long.

Oh my gosh, I'll have to watch that again. I don't remember that part (I have a terrible memory)!! I too have wondered the reason for his character being around still.

I'm guessing that Gabriel will either do something to redeem himself OR completely fuck up. And my guess is that it will be related to one of Rick's children.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching TWD marathon on and off the last couple of days.  Spend is the episode that is on now, and it aired 10 months ago.  It's good to get a refresher before it starts back up next month.

Archived