IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I KNOW.

I've seen spoilers that something like this would happen, but hoped it wouldn't. And because (PERSON) was being reckless, too, and let loyalty get in the way of actually thinking about their actions.

And I'm just about done with Father Wibble. Cowardly, stupid ass.

Though this means that my protectiveness can be directed completely toward Judy, since she's the only one left who can't fight walkers or psychopaths. Yet. Maybe when she starts walking. Goodbye, Bethy. Maggie is broken now.

Well, that sucked!!!!! That will be a hard one for the whole group.

in other news, i've started reading the comic....it's quite different! (different characters survive or even exist, it's interesting)

I said to my daughter, when Maggie was told OMG NO do not tell Maggie what if something happens in the meantime. And something did happen, I was crying. I was even thinking, poor Lauren Cohan has to pull off a huge acting job right about now because I knew I was gonna feel Maggie's grief. And boy did she ever. Daryl, I knew would wrench my heart so hard and it did, but I've kinda lost sympathy for Rick lately but it came back in spades to see the look on his face.

At least PERSON won't come back as a Walker? That's the only not-terrible thing about the scenario.

At least PERSON won't come back as a Walker? That's the only not-terrible thing about the scenario.

Was pretty stinkin awful when Daryl had to kill his brother turned walker Merle. So yes, at least spared that.

Was pretty stinkin awful when Daryl had to kill his brother turned walker Merle. So yes, at least spared that.

Agreed. I've seen some campaigns online stating, "Bring PERSON back!" and I was like, Uh, no...nope, not possible.

I was completely floored. And then the interviews after on the Talking Dead... my heart broke!

Well, that sucked!!!!! That will be a hard one for the whole group.

in other news, i've started reading the comic....it's quite different! (different characters survive or even exist, it's interesting)

Yes, the comic is the same in a lot of ways, but different. And Scott Gimple has said that he is keeping some stuff the same, but changing some of it...I love both.

Talking Dead was great! When Person-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named got all choked up about July 4th, I got sad. I liked Rick's Automotive Justice Program, and what's the deal with the minister visiting Bob's leg on the grill? Now that Morgan is at the church,what's next for him?

• 2 months later...

I was sad about the most recent episode.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Tyreese was a good person, who tried to be as good as possible in context, and I'm still not convinced that Noah will contribute a damn thing. Kid's responsible for two deaths now and has done what, tell them where Beth was? Daryl and Carol were on their way to figuring that out, Noah just told them who was less corrupt.

Even Father Wibble provided (albeit temporary) shelter and took a few people to a food bank to stock up. Bob being bitten was a risk they were aware of, because Father Wibble mentioned it -- and while pathetic and whimpery, he at least paid enough attention to know that they were walking into a dangerous place. And Father Wibble is lucky that he's more useful so far.

While I am not happy that they killed off two of my favorite characters back to back, I thought the episode was beautiful. I fear for anyone who is next in line as the group's moral compass though - it didn't work out too well for Hirschel, Beth, or Tyreese.

That being said, if they kill off Darryl, I'm dunzo.

I'm worried about Sasha, as a character -- she's lost the person she was falling in love with AND her brother, who she was very close to, in very quick succession. I think Maggie assumed that Beth didn't make it out of the prison, and then that she hadn't survived being kidnapped. I don't think she was expecting the rescue mission to include a funeral, but I don't know that she was as shocked as everyone was with Tyreese's death. And Glenn is harder, and Michonne more vulnerable...It's a huge mess.

And I think Father Wibble can be the moral compass next. Or Noah. The only person who's tried to be focused on morality who's still around is Rick and his beard, and unless we want Carl to completely go off the deep end...Father Wibble or Noah, please, producers.

I was a bit shocked that he didn't make it.... 'course after reading the comics now, it didn't completely blow me away the same way (he didn't make it from a long time ago in the comic)

• 2 weeks later...

Well...At least everyone's genre-savvy by now?

"Aaron? We don't know anyone named Aaron. Keep pointing your gun at Aaron."

And it was good to see Maggie admit that she'd assumed Beth didn't survive the prison destruction, or being kidnapped -- that she was trying not to think about losing her father AND sister in short succession.

And finally, Glenn: best husband in the apocalypse.

• 2 weeks later...

I never think to look here to discuss TV. Will be joining in for now on. I was worried Saha's actions would get others killed or harmed. Do you all think this new place will be good or bad? Whats the catch?

I am going for it to be a good place, but either not all will be accepted or, a really rough time acclimating.

Sasha needs to get her shit together. She's gonna put people in serious danger.

I think the new place is going to be good overall, but in a "we've managed this long without having to fight so we need you guys to do it, but we have food and showers!" way.

I'm worried about Michonne, really. She's been much more emotionally raw in the last few episodes.

Hmmmm interesting.

I worry about Michonne too. She is my faveorite. Many are hoping for her and Rick to have a relationship. No way she is too awesome.

Ugh - they are introducing a lot of the comic book characters this season. Since I read the comics, I won't comment as to whether or not Alexandria is inherently good or inherently bad. It is, well, both. Was surprised that they changed one of the major characters from Alexandria from a man to a woman, but this should be very interesting.

Although, I actually found myself missing the zombies in last night's episode. It was kind of boring.

And would have loved to have seen Daryl take a shower...just sayin'. :cracking-up:

I haven't seen it yet (no cable and a 10-page paper that's due THIS Thursday, NOT the Monday after spring break :pull-hair: ) but I did some googling about what *could* be coming. Mostly because I figured that the "audition" thing (which was the entire last episode) would either be for a Thunderdome-type thing like they had at Woodbury or to see who would make good "hired" soldiers, who'd be better with other tasks, etc. And because I was hoping that some of the dead weight (Father Wibble, Eugene) would trip and fall into a swarm of walkers. :nenner:

Now that I've watched it (I had an hour between classes yesterday and needed the break), I'm not at ALL surprised that Rick and Carol were playing at fitting in. Carol can do the sweet, shy, widowed housewife thing so well -- and this gives her a good look at how people interact behind the scenes (cooking AND delivering meals). I knew she was playing when she mentioned missing that bastard Ed. And Daryl was in on that, or I'll eat my hat. His "I don't wanna be friendly" game read much more as "I don't wanna get comfortable if this turns out to be terrible, let's suss out the place before we stay" than "ugh, houses, ew, showers, yuck, new people". (I'm sure Michonne, Glenn and Maggie, and Abraham/Tara/Rosita knew that they were getting a sense of the place before deciding to join up.)

Entering Alexandria is a really good episode. Carol shocked me but oh boy, still... that woman is a survivor. Junior League my ass. Miss that big lug my bigger ass LOL.

I love Michonne, you just know there is such depth to her.

Rick has morphed so much as a character. The new characters seem like interesting additions.

How often did Daryl bathe before the apocalypse? Mebbe not that much lol.

Rick walked in like he owned the place. Carol playing victim was priceless. I'm glad they're a family and all slept on the floor in the same room. I don't think these people will ever get a good night's sleep. Thank goodness Rick shaved and showered. Now Daryl needs to. He stinks. I always find it funny that the zombies aren't the problem. They're not killers. They're weak. Humans are the problems.

I loved that Carol from the beginning played at being weak. I was confused by how she took her rifle off at first. I wonder if they are buying her act. I did agree Daryl she looked ridiculous in her sweater and blouse.

I laughed when they bragged about ROTC training as if really prepared them.

I loved that Carol from the beginning played at being weak. I was confused by how she took her rifle off at first. I wonder if they are buying her act. I did agree Daryl she looked ridiculous in her sweater and blouse.

I laughed when they bragged about ROTC training as if really prepared them.

My initial assumption was that she'd hurt her shoulder (being hit by a car by the Grady vultures) and was playing that up, and THEN I saw her face -- that half-embarrassed "oh dear me, this gun is so heavy" half-smile, and then her interview. She had to draw on meek housewife Carol, and it worked.

Archived