IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

That was a great episode. Really promising for the rest of the season. So awesome to see Morgan again. The actor that plays him does an amazing job.

:worship:

Can't wait to see what happens with Beth.

:popcorn2:

I watched all of Game of Thrones over the last couple weeks. Between that and this WD episode, I have seen more than enough throats cut to last me a lifetime. Please, no more. I guess that's what I get for watching these shows though.

:doh:

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rick is always right. The Ricktator wins again - should have gone back and killed all those Termites.

Why oh why was Bob out there by himself? Why did he start to cry? I thought maybe he had been bit or cut after all. Which those Termites would sure deserve it if he had been.

That was the grossest water ever.

Does Daryl just tag around after Carol? Was she going to leave?! Beth Smeth, one of my least fave characters, only marginally better than Lori.

So Father Gabriel shut himself inside the church and wouldn't let anyone in. Where are the walkers? Don't they smell or wouldn't they hear at least the tiniest sound FG made? There should be walkers milling all around that church.

Rick is always right. The Ricktator wins again - should have gone back and killed all those Termites.

Why oh why was Bob out there by himself? Why did he start to cry? I thought maybe he had been bit or cut after all. Which those Termites would sure deserve it if he had been.

That was the grossest water ever.

Does Daryl just tag around after Carol? Was she going to leave?! Beth Smeth, one of my least fave characters, only marginally better than Lori.

So Father Gabriel shut himself inside the church and wouldn't let anyone in. Where are the walkers? Don't they smell or wouldn't they hear at least the tiniest sound FG made? There should be walkers milling all around that church.

I thought Bob had been bit or scratched too, something weird about that.

I also had a sinking feeling that Bob was bit under the water, then felt sure after that last kiss and the crying outside. Man do I want Garett to suffer- with that smug, hipster smile wiped off his insufferable face. I understand how you could harden your heart, lose your sense of compassion with humanity in such unimaginable, survival circumstances, but to devolve into cannibals- monsters- and justify it easily with a BBQ and a smarmy grin...god I hate that guy!!

I also wonder what terrible burden Gabriel is carrying. I think he either closed the door to his flock. Or he is complicit with Garett and the Terminus crew. Or both. His church can't be too far from them, so maybe another ruse to collect meat. How else could that coward have survived without protection?

OT I want to say that I have Free Jinger to thank for Finally going to the optometrist. I'm over 40 now and suddenly couldn't see any damn thing up close. Infuriating! And I've been in denial for months. But having to read Free Jinger on my phone with a stupid magnifying glass was getting beyond ridiculous.

So...Yay glasses!!!

The Bob story line is following kind of closely with one from the comics. In the comics Dale was bitten, and then wandered off by himself and was eaten by cannibals, who got sick from it.

I know that Gabriel had a little something something going on with Churchlady walker....hmmmm....

So many things running through my head - I think he closed his church off to his parishoners - I mean, wouldn't you think that is the first place some of his healthy flock would go? Especially if they knew about the big food drive.

Interesting stuff.

I think Darryl sees Carol as a mother figure to him, which is why he ran to her in last week's episode, and then tagged along after her last night. I think Darryl and Beth will get together. OK, I hope Darryl and Beth will get together - she seemed good for him, and brought out some more human emotions in him.

I keep wondering why Darryl hasn't said anything to Maggie about her sister. I mean, if it were me (and believe me, I would not last in a zombie apocolypse) I would have said, "Beth got out alive...she was with me, but someone took her." But that takes the "mission" in a whole new direction for the season. Instead of making their way to DC, they would go find Beth.

I keep hoping they get Tyreese and Carol together - they were together in the comics, for a little while. And the talk of Tyreese watching over Judith would loosely tie back to the fact that in the comics and Tyreese's family.

I thought I had picked up on some sexual tension between Carol and Daryl back at the prison.

The Beth and Daryl storyline was the most contrived one, to me. I hope they don't end up together, at all. I hope Beth never comes back into the story, it sure seemed Carl was hot for her at the prison as well. Because Beth was the primary caregiver of Judith, I thought they might go in the direction of Rick and Beth with Carl adding teen sex tension and more anger at Rick.

Carol killed Tyreese's woman? Wasn't that why Rick turned her out? Can't see that happening plus Carol wouldn't be attracted to Tyreese's non-violence or cowardice or w/e it is that makes Tyreese a baby-minder more than an adventurer.

And you are quite right, it's really odd that Daryl hasn't mentioned Beth. Almost like the writers overlooked it, or are choosing to ignore it. I suppose to not get derailed from Washington but still. That's just really not like Daryl. I totally did not catch that, but that's kind of important.

This arc with the guy who must get to Washington is kinda ruining TWD. I am totally engrossed in how these people are dealing with the apocalypse. To have "one guy" in all the world to be the secret savior of restart doesn't jive with how realistic it has been for the survivors.

If there is some kind of infrastructure in place that should have withstood the apoc, why isn't there already people who were there who can deal with the restart? That kind of does not make sense.

I thought I had picked up on some sexual tension between Carol and Daryl back at the prison.

The Beth and Daryl storyline was the most contrived one, to me. I hope they don't end up together, at all. I hope Beth never comes back into the story, it sure seemed Carl was hot for her at the prison as well. Because Beth was the primary caregiver of Judith, I thought they might go in the direction of Rick and Beth with Carl adding teen sex tension and more anger at Rick.

Carol killed Tyreese's woman? Wasn't that why Rick turned her out? Can't see that happening plus Carol wouldn't be attracted to Tyreese's non-violence or cowardice or w/e it is that makes Tyreese a baby-minder more than an adventurer.

And you are quite right, it's really odd that Daryl hasn't mentioned Beth. Almost like the writers overlooked it, or are choosing to ignore it. I suppose to not get derailed from Washington but still. That's just really not like Daryl. I totally did not catch that, but that's kind of important.

This arc with the guy who must get to Washington is kinda ruining TWD. I am totally engrossed in how these people are dealing with the apocalypse. To have "one guy" in all the world to be the secret savior of restart doesn't jive with how realistic it has been for the survivors.

If there is some kind of infrastructure in place that should have withstood the apoc, why isn't there already people who were there who can deal with the restart? That kind of does not make sense.

Some of the stories lines this season and last season are from the comics, and the writers said they wanted to tie in more of those story lines. The DC story line and its characters are from the comic books, right down to how the characters look. In the comics, Tyreese and Carol had a thing. She caught him sleeping with another woman and went nuts trying to kill him (and Rick).

The Terminus story line is also from the comics, but different characters are involved.

I guess I'm in the minority. I like Daryl and Beth together. I know they are brining Beth back this season, as it was confirmed on the Talking Dead. And I think with what she's been through, she will be a bad ass.

The guy who plays Tyreese said that protecting a child is the most noble thing a man can do (on the Talking Dead last night) so that is where it that is coming from. He also refused to talk about his character because apparently it would give away a lot of spoilers.

Need more spoilers. LOL

What was that car that sped past Daryl and Carol? It had a cross on the back and Daryl id'd it as the one that took Beth? After that BBQ scene, I'm going vegan.

What was that car that sped past Daryl and Carol? It had a cross on the back and Daryl id'd it as the one that took Beth? After that BBQ scene, I'm going vegan.

What, no Ke-Bob's for you?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. LOL

I had a really hard time watching them in terminus (sp?) I have a really big irrational fear of being executed and knowing it's going to happen. Like how they watched every one else. This last episode was way easier to watch.

I really like Beth and Daryl together

So Father Gabriel -- I think locking his congregation out of the church is the least of his sins. I get a feeling that he either rounds up "food" for the termites in exchange for protection of some sort, or he rounds up people for whoever made off with Beth. He just gives off a fiendish shepherd kind of vibe to me.

I, too, am a Daryl-Beth shipper. Can't wait to find out what kind of nutjob has got her and for why.

Wow! An action-packed episode, no slow boring parts tonight.

So that's why Bob was crying when they grabbed him, I wondered if that's why he was crying.

Slaughter. Just wow.

Come on out - so much said in so few words. She must be turned. :(

Wow! An action-packed episode, no slow boring parts tonight.

So that's why Bob was crying when they grabbed him, I wondered if that's why he was crying.

Slaughter. Just wow.

Come on out - so much said in so few words. She must be turned. :(

Well, I believe we have learned a valuable lesson after this week's episode...never piss off Rick in a zombie apacolypse.

Did anyone else pick up where Garreth said the Termites had Beth?

Can't wait until next week!!

Daryl did say something about Beth -- it was in the premiere, during the railcar Weapons Workshop scene. One of those quiet offhand comments -- something like "I was with Beth, but someone kidnapped her".

I didn't see last night's ep (I'll have time to stream it tomorrow -- back-to-back classes in an hour and I'd LIKE to eat first), but I do hope that Beth gets the hell out of wherever she's been. And I liked the Daryl-Beth storyline -- as "two sibling-like people learning to take care of themselves/that feelings aren't always bad". He's far too old for her in a dating sense (she's barely 18, he's at least mid-30s), but good as an older brother figure. I think Daryl connects best with people who he can help but don't rely 100% on him, which is why the two of them got along much better after Beth stopped being dependent on him. And why he gets along with Badass Carol and makes a good left-hand man for Rick -- Michonne's the right-hand woman. :)

Well, I believe we have learned a valuable lesson after this week's episode...never piss off Rick in a zombie apacolypse.

Did anyone else pick up where Garreth said the Termites had Beth?

Can't wait until next week!!

So wait - what? The Termites have Beth? I didn't catch that. Now I'm going to have to go and rewatch that episode. Oh the agony! :lol:

Yes - I heard Gareth say it to his team when he was talking to Bob about nearly catching "that gray haired bitch" meaning Carol.

Yes - I heard Gareth say it to his team when he was talking to Bob about nearly catching "that gray haired bitch" meaning Carol.

Ah, I heard him refer to Sasha (as the "pretty one"), but not Beth.

I hope SOME of the spoilers I've seen are wrong, but based on other things they predicted...could be true, could be false.

Actual (speculative) spoilers in the spoiler box.

One said that Beth is turned, and in the rescue mission Maggie is the one who has to mercy-kill her. But unless the DC-Bound group gets to the terrifying hospital first (or at all), Maggie wouldn't be involved.

However, I did see something that showed Beth and Carol both being held by the hospital people, which (if Daryl came back without either of them) is a bit more plausible; that spoiler mentioned Carol being hit by the car with the cross.

Weird episode this week but glad to see someone other than Andrew Lincoln get some story.

Interesting how people will put up with anything in the cause of "security". That said, I hope Daryl and Tyrese find them -don't know how- and dispense justice, especially on that gal who hit Beth.

I really liked this episode. Have never been a Beth fan but I want to see what happens next. My God I bet Darryl told Beth AND Carol to "come on out" the week before.

Was she really gonna try to stab the dr? That probably would not have gone well for Beth.

I wonder if Noah will now pop in and out like Morgan.

Beth's basically in an equally-bad-as-Terminus place, except instead of probably being eaten, she's just forced to work for them and take whatever cruelty they'll fling at her.

I hope Carol's not nearly as bad off as she looks, and the two of them can pair up and get out (or at least have something going before Rick et. al. find the Hospital Of Suck).

Archived