IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I wish Daryl would get laid next, but he acts so asexual.

I read in an interview that Norman Reedus plays Daryl as so traumatized by his childhood abuse that he isn't comfortable with physical contact (which was why allowing Carol's touchy-feely-ness and hugs from Beth were remarkable).

I don't think we're gonna see Daryl with a significant other.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I was frustrated in last nights episode.

In times like that, when you stumble across a truck loaded with food and supplies, you jump in that truck and you go straight home. Do not collect $200, do not go to gaol- don't stop!!. You don't stop for the soft drink, you come back for it later after the truck is dropped off. Or maybe, there's some in the truck!

What were they thinking? They lost the truck once, to Jesus, then when they caught up with him again, "Oh look, a barn" so off they go cross country driving, only to eventually lose the truck again into the lake/pond/dam.

What the hell? Why not drive it straight back to Alexandria, grab another car, go back and get the car you left behind to get the truck, go get some "Pop", do whatever else you have to do, but don't put all that food at risk! The hell were they thinking?

But Yay!! Rick and Michonne! If anyone needs some loving, it's those two :) 

5 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

Omg I have been wait or Richonne for so long!!!!!! That was the best part of this episode. 

I thought it was so sad when spencer killed walker Deanna, but it was a moment that I think will bring Spencer closer to the group. 

7 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

Oh I was frustrated in last nights episode

Yes to everything you said DaffyDilly. MD (motel dad) and I were saying the same thing.

As to the parking on the downside of the hill, I was just throwing up my hands saying NOOOOO this is going in the drink and sure enough 

I'm with @DaffyDill on the truck.  I sat there going 'oh no'  over and over because I knew it wan't going to end well.  

Unpopular opinion alert.  I'm not sold on Richonne (but that could be because a mindset of 'oh dear, they've gotten happy something awful is going to happen' (note, that is a feeling on my part and based on my workings of my warped brain)).  

Seriously. That could have been a really easy morning for Daryl and Rick -- take that truck back, everyone has supplies, yay!, go back out for more stuff. But it could never be that easy.

12 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

Oh I was frustrated in last nights episode.

In times like that, when you stumble across a truck loaded with food and supplies, you jump in that truck and you go straight home. Do not collect $200, do not go to gaol- don't stop!!. You don't stop for the soft drink, you come back for it later after the truck is dropped off. Or maybe, there's some in the truck!

What were they thinking? They lost the truck once, to Jesus, then when they caught up with him again, "Oh look, a barn" so off they go cross country driving, only to eventually lose the truck again into the lake/pond/dam.

What the hell? Why not drive it straight back to Alexandria, grab another car, go back and get the car you left behind to get the truck, go get some "Pop", do whatever else you have to do, but don't put all that food at risk! The hell were they thinking?

I'm pretty sure I said that out loud.  Each drives one car, go back.  Do not go "another way back," you know the way you came is safe. Quit being greedy and feed your people!

On 2/22/2016 at 10:13 PM, Sera's Arrow said:

So, this latest episode? "The Next World" ...I could talk about how much I like the new character or how Rick and Daryl were like two college kids on a road trip (and it was awesome). I could even comment on how I don't understand how a certain walker could revive and slip past the zombie slaying mayhem without being drawn by the pretty lake of fire or the sounds of outright battle.

But, uh, I've been on Team Richonne for a very long time. So allow me to summarize my reaction without too much spoiler. "Eeeeeeeeee!" /fangirlysqueal.

That's something I couldn't figure out, either.

Last we saw her, she was in the hallway with a bunch of the walkers, presumably not having been able to pull the trigger. 

Now, it's two months later. Did they never go back for her to bury her? They are living in that house. The house was the opening scene.

Did they go back and find that she was gone (somehow turned, got down the stairs, went out the door, walked down a few more stairs, and wandered in the opposite direction of the herd/horde and the fire and the people, into the woods)?

1 hour ago, snarkykitty said:

That's something I couldn't figure out, either.

Last we saw her, she was in the hallway with a bunch of the walkers, presumably not having been able to pull the trigger. 

Now, it's two months later. Did they never go back for her to bury her? They are living in that house. The house was the opening scene.

Did they go back and find that she was gone (somehow turned, got down the stairs, went out the door, walked down a few more stairs, and wandered in the opposite direction of the herd/horde and the fire and the people, into the woods)?

Exactly.  The walkers would have eaten her if she was alive when they got there.  She didnt look all torn up.  If she shot herself she wouldnt be a zombie... so... 

Spencer did say he thought he saw her that night. If she revived during the night (as the times do differ), what stopped her from being taken in by the pretty fire or gunshots and other noises made in the battle against the living impaired?

That's what I don't understand. Walkers aren't intelligent enough to go "I'm not staying here to get shot or thunked or set aflame! Nope! I'm shambling to the woods! See ya, suckers!". If there's something shiny and moving, they will come. If there's something loud, they will come. This is why the best weapons in a zombie apocalypse are tinfoil, bubble wrap and fireworks.

I am really glad to see I was far off with my worry about Daryl's wound. I just thought it was odd that they showed the wound for, at least, three clips and in a variety of angles. Usually they only do that if something is significant and needs to be implanted in your head like "don't forget that Daryl was stabbed by one of the moppets on motorcycles!" "right, you got it."

Spoiler

In the comics, Negan's crew uses poisoned blades by coating them in walker blood. Hence when someone is stabbed by them, it acts the same as being chomped. It's how Comic Book Eric (Aaron's boyfriend) dies. Perhaps Daryl's wound was a foreshadowing because if the blade was poisoned, he'd be dead and shambling by the timeskip and not going on a roadie.

With the Deanna thing, I was sure I remembered a gunshot go off, after the others left her with her gun, before she turned. But seeing as no one else has, I must be mistaken...because obviously, if she'd shot herself in the end, she wouldn't have turned..

On 2/23/2016 at 10:15 AM, DaffyDill said:

With the Deanna thing, I was sure I remembered a gunshot go off, after the others left her with her gun, before she turned. But seeing as no one else has, I must be mistaken

I just did a quick google and have found this re-cap of the mid season final (must say that I have never been so angry that when "mid season" finales were introduced to Australian TV. I think I preferred to have shows released 5 years later but all in one go...) 

Rick and the others wander through the herd looking like extras in a Lady GaGa video, while Deanna gets off her deathbed to open the door on a hall full of zombies. She fires off her six bullets, leaving nothing for herself. Silently, she screams in the face of death, one last act of defiance and self-determination.

taken from : smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/the-walking-dead-recap-season-6-episode-8-midseason-finale-start-to-finish-there-goes-the-neighbourhood-20151130-glbw4e.html

On 2/23/2016 at 3:15 PM, DaffyDill said:

With the Deanna thing, I was sure I remembered a gunshot go off, after the others left her with her gun, before she turned. But seeing as no one else has, I must be mistaken...because obviously, if she'd shot herself in the end, she wouldn't have turned..

I thought she used the gun to shoot as many of the walkers as she could before they got her. Actually on that note, shouldn't she have been eaten? Or at least a little bit?

I was dismayed to see that even in the alternate universe of the Zombie Apocalypse, the man bun/bushy beard look still became a thing.

It also bothered me that all of the strongest members of the group went off to Hilltop together. Did they learn nothing from the Wolves fiasco?

Right, well, that episode was jam-packed with foreshadowing. Enough that I found myself curled into a fetal position crying in advance. Something wicked this way comes and things are about to suck so bad that'll make Herschel's death seem anti-climatic. I'll place money on it, that's how certain I am.

The highlights?  "Right off the bat" is making me cringe already. Caveman Brow is watching Alexandria! Glenn and Maggie's jellybean baby! Abraham on patrol with Eugene sounds awkward at best and positively 'noooo!' worthy at worst. Jesus is awesome and Gregory is a douchenozzle. 

Where is Morgan and Carol? For that matter, what about Aaron, Eric and Heath - my favorite Alexandrians?

I spent the whole episode saying "shoot him" regarding Gregory .

I want to love Jesus (first time I have EVER uttered those words) but I can't see past the wig and the facemerkin. 

I have had my radar piqued by the emphases put on the pregnancy, hope I am wrong.

We saved Gregory!  Me:  you should have let them kill him.  

and dang it Rick, they can't take you anywhere without blood being shed.

Spoiler

Carol the Scary Cookie Mom is back!

On 3/1/2016 at 7:13 PM, clueliss said:

We saved Gregory!  Me:  you should have let them kill him.  

and dang it Rick, they can't take you anywhere without blood being shed.

WHAT????

Spoiler

Morgan wants to talk to the Saviors first. He still doesn't have a clue. Carol has a boyfriend.

Spoiler

So much romance before the killing spree. Poor Rosita.  Abraham was a real dick. You would think that losing your man to another woman would not be an issue in the zombie apocalypse. No words for Rick punching that walker head. And Carol had to tell Rick that Maggie shouldn't be out there on the mission? Glenn loses his kill a human virginity.All of Ricks crew, including the women, have balls of steel. This battle scene is fierce, my heart almost can't take it. The priest said a prayer before shooting that dude to pieces. Cold as ice. He has come a long way. I knew those pricks were not all dead. Great episode. I predict that Maggie dies.

Time for the Talking dead.

I'm really worried for Glenn. He's my favorite but they've been hinting at his death so hard :my_cry:

I almost cannot take the suspense of watching this show anymore. I still like Daryl best. I will be so upset if they kill off any of the CDB. I think Carole is a goner.

Abraham's departure from Rosita was kinder in the show than the comic. In the comic, he was already having it off with another woman. The truth hurts but lies hurt more. On other lovey-dovey matters, I really wish Denise didn't say "when you get back" to Tara. I really, really, really wish she didn't say that. It's a total death omen in zombie flicks, like having sex at Crystal Lake Camp is for slashers. I'm really scared for Tara now.

Rick punching that walker face made me chuckle, It reminded me of something out of Army of Darkness and I appreciated the comic relief in midst of all the rising feelings of doom, gloom and woe. 

BTW, I put my comments as spoilers last night because I was posting in real time.

Wow, Abraham must have really been cruel in the comics. I prefer a softer landing myself, only going hard when the other person won't accept that you are breaking up with them. Especially when blindsiding someone. Rosita had no idea their relationship was in trouble.

1 hour ago, Sera's Arrow said:

Abraham's departure from Rosita was kinder in the show than the comic. In the comic, he was already having it off with another woman. The truth hurts but lies hurt more. On other lovey-dovey matters, I really wish Denise didn't say "when you get back" to Tara. I really, really, really wish she didn't say that. It's a total death omen in zombie flicks, like having sex at Crystal Lake Camp is for slashers. I'm really scared for Tara now.

Rick punching that walker face made me chuckle, It reminded me of something out of Army of Darkness and I appreciated the comic relief in midst of all the rising feelings of doom, gloom and woe. 

I think Tara will make it back, either Maggie or Carol are done for, probably Maggie because preggers. And Glenn will be tormented by guilt because he made his first human kill and thinks maybe that is why Maggie died.

The actress who plays Tara was on the Talking Dead couch and said that she was nine months pregnant when shooting last night's episode. I had no clue.

Rick should have done just a tad more recon, what was the big hurry? They should have looked for evidence of underground tunnels, or at least tried to get a definitive picture of Negan.Carol leaving that cookie on Sam's grave was a nice touch, seeing as how she treated that boy like shit when he was alive. She was having a crisis of conscience.

And what the heck was Morgan welding?

Archived