IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

How is it Father could kill 2 walkers on the road and still sport a clean shirt?

When I saw him walking out the gate in that whitest of white shirts, I said to the Partner, "He's going to make a sacrifice of himself"....but fortunately or unfortunately, the detested Father couldn't go through with it.

Back when we last saw Morgan, he had mentally lost the plot. Rick was relatively sane at that time, and the comparison was huge. I was sad for what Morgan had become.

And now, the tables have turned. Morgan is a survivor, and appears to have done so on his own, no mean feat. His first glimpse of Rick, must have him wondering what has become of his friend.

I am SO glad the season finale didn't involve Rick's group, or a subset of them, being cast out. I was worried we were going to be left with another cliffhanger of the group split, on the road looking for a new home, which we have all seen before prior to finding the prison, Terminus, and now Alexandria. To repeat it all again, might have been the end of the show for me.

As I think I said in earlier post, if they cannot make a go of things at Alexandria, where they have comfortable homes, hot water, food etc, decent (although somewhat naive) people to live with then what will be the point of going on? If that didn't work, what would?

Rick's group NEED Alexandria. Several people are at the breaking point - Rick himself, Sasha, even Father Gabriel. They need to stop running, and learn to enjoy life again - not to the point where they become easy pickings, after all, "Wolves are Near", but a happy medium, where they can relax a little and those who need to can regain their humanity.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the fans of the show S6 begins filming Monday. The producers got the go ahead to add in more fenced in area around the Asz, looks like a church is now in protected zone.

• 4 months later...

Can't wait for Season 6 to start - October I think?

Has anyone begun watching "Fear the Walking Dead"?. I quite like it, although obviously I'm not as attached to the characters yet as there have only been 3 episodes. It's interesting to see how it all started. How some people reacted and collected water and supplies before heading off to somewhere supposedly safe, while others looted and went wild.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching "Fear the Walking Dead". I like it, it's interesting to see what occurred during the time that Rick was in his coma with new characters, new setting and a new story. What really spun my head around is how true it is. People would react with seething anger if they witnessed the police gunning down unarmed (and visually harmless) people in the streets and that would lead to riots against law enforcement. All in all, FtWD reminds me of World War Z, the book by Max Brooks and not the lame movie that was allegedly based on the book. My only hope for FtWD is that they do a version of Yonkers. Yonkers was the last stand the modern military took against the dead in WWZ and it failed horribly.

I'm looking forward to the next episode since there's talk of a military hospital which will be interesting to see. They've shown a couple on TWD that were overrun (the high school in the second season where Otis died and the one outside of the Big Spot in the fourth season) and I've always wondered just how long it took for them to go to hell. It looks like that I may finally find out.

We are watching FTWD and like it so far. Sunday's episode is on the DVR and we are going to watch it when my husband gets home from work.

Season 6 of TWD starts on Sunday night. We live fairly close to where they film and it is always so neat to see pictures posted of the cast with random friends of friends on Facebook while they are out and about. A friend of my daughter took a selfie with Chandler Riggs in a pet store a while back and several months ago Norman Reedus had motorcycle trouble the nephew of a friend of mine helped him with his ride.

Anyone else going back and binge watching season 5 now that it's on Netflix? :wink-kitty:

The channel over here that airs the new season has been binge-airing the whole previous 5 seasons, which was great, especially when there was nothing much else to watch.

One night I turned over to watch TWD, and it was the episode where the Governor arrived at the prison with his new band of people and the tank. And they had Hershel and Michonne, and he grabbed Hershel and....I turned it over. Couldn't watch it. Too horrible, plus there was too much about that episode that irked me. It just didn't sit right.

It was great to have it a back!!!! now.. why couldn't they honk a horn on the damn car?

I don't get leading all the walkers away from the quarry, to send them 20 miles down the road. What's to stop some of them wandering back at some point? There were thousands of the damn things.

Why not secure the quarry, and keep them all in there, making noise which attracts more walkers there, thereby keeping Alexandria safe still - well safe from walkers, anyway.

So who's honking? Jessie's disgruntled son? Father Gabriel? Or Enid (Is that her name?), the girl Carl follows about.

• 2 weeks later...

I so love this show! The walker parade is the stupidest idea ever.

The episode with the wolves was so intense I had serious anxiety watching it. Glad Carol is back and kicking ass.

I'm torn on the Glenn thing. I yelled at the tv and was upset, but I'm going to be even more pissed off if they're screwing with us and he gets away.

There sure is lots of hype on weather or not Glenn is dead, and we wont likely know since this weeks episode is Morgan centered.

I don't think it hit me yet. Glenn always saw the good in everyone, he helps keep the group's humanity. It was mentioned in Talking Dead that he is the only one in that group who never killed a living person.

Michone was great in this episode too. I had to laugh when the new guy was going on about how he had been on lots of runs so he knows what its like and Michonne  just let him have it.

I'm torn on the Glenn thing. I yelled at the tv and was upset, but I'm going to be even more pissed off if they're screwing with us and he gets away.

I know! I so SO,  didn't want him to die, and would love him to still be alive, but if they do have him escape somehow, it would want to be something pretty good, or it's just not realistic. Well, realistic for a zombie apocalypse...

I'm not liking Rick much this season. The walker parade was just a dumb idea, and could have waited. They should have started getting to know the townspeople better and get them onside, then teach them to shoot and defend themselves, and extend the walls for the veggie garden or whatever Maggie is doing. There was so much other stuff to do, but no, he has to pull out this not-well-thought-out plan, do it right then and there, and now so many have been killed. Good one Rick.

Well, Rick didn't expect one of the trucks holding the walkers in that pit to fall. That kind of demanded immediate action, because a herd would head toward noise. Like a cute gated community full of (mostly) sheltered and naive folks.

As far as Glenn is concerned...If he manages to get out of the situation he's in and it's sort of TV-realistic (like he squeezes under the dumpster and manages to avoid being scratched or bitten, then waits out the walkers before trying to get away), I'm okay with it. I want him and Maggie to last, damn it!

But -- if they pull one of those "of course he managed to fight off several dozen walkers that had him pinned under Nicky's body AND showed up to take out the various Wolves" plot twists, I'll be annoyed. Very annoyed. 

That whole Morgan episode bored me. Cat bed It would annoy me too. It would also suck if he survives only to die some other way at the end of the revealing episode. I don't think I am up to seeing the wolf Morgan caught kill a bunch of people. I cannot get the image of his rancid rotten brown teeth out of my mind. Lots of random sentences, sorry. 

I can’t help it I want Glen to live. 

The world is with you on that Luna :my_biggrin:

Well, Rick didn't expect one of the trucks holding the walkers in that pit to fall. That kind of demanded immediate action, because a herd would head toward noise. Like a cute gated community full of (mostly) sheltered and naive folks.

As far as Glenn is concerned...If he manages to get out of the situation he's in and it's sort of TV-realistic (like he squeezes under the dumpster and manages to avoid being scratched or bitten, then waits out the walkers before trying to get away), I'm okay with it. I want him and Maggie to last, damn it!

But -- if they pull one of those "of course he managed to fight off several dozen walkers that had him pinned under Nicky's body AND showed up to take out the various Wolves" plot twists, I'll be annoyed. Very annoyed. 

Yeah, I get that the truck fell, but instead of spending a day or two plotting The Great Walker Parade, they could have  put walls behind it, so even if it fell, thing were OK for the time being. Someone could have gone there everyday to monitor the situation - with a walkie talkie to call for back up if needed. 

Rick (or someone) said the quarry was attracting walkers from around due to the noise, and that's why Alexandria remained relatively walker free, and so in the next breath, he wants to empty said quarry, lead the walkers 20 miles up the road (what's to stop them coming back if there's some kind of noise?), and put an end to the walker catching quarry? I just don't get why they had to empty it instead of reinforcing it.

I loved the Morgan episode. I read somewhere we don't find out Glenn's fate until the episode on Nov 22nd, so there's going to be a tense wait. I think he will survive...in some way.

Yeah I didn't mind the Morgan episode. Although I did mind him leaving a crazy wolf barely locked up without telling anyone. I can't see Mr. Bad Teeth turning around no matter how hard Morgan tries to fix him.

The Morgan Chronicles served their purpose. They connected one event to another and filled in a section of the plot that we hadn't seen yet.

It wasn't a terrible episode, nor fantastic. 

I am looking forward to seeing what happens with the herd and the remaining wolves. Chatty Tweaker Guy needs to meet Rick or Daryl or Carol or someone who has no problem actually dealing with him as a threat.

I am looking forward to seeing what happens with the herd and the remaining wolves. Chatty Tweaker Guy needs to meet Rick or Daryl or Carol or someone who has no problem actually dealing with him as a threat.

Hell yes he does. I think either Carol or Rick would wipe the smirk off his face pretty well, by showing him they would bump him off in a heartbeat. And they would.

Archived