IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

He wasn't exactly cruel. My take on it is, well, if you want to stop seeing someone, doing it before you start seeing someone else for fun nekkid time always gets my thumbs up. Always! There's actually less soap opera drama in the TV show than the comic and I'm thankful for it.

I also thought Carol leaving the cookie for Sam was an interesting bit of closure on that particular plot. Out of all the changes that have been made between the TV series and comic series, Carol has been my favorite. Comic Book Carol was the root for most of the soap opera drama I mentioned above and I didn't mourn her when she committed suicide by letting a walker tear out her throat. I will mourn TV Carol though, I've liked her since she pickaxed Ed's face in and pulled the grenade out of her purse in S1.

Maggie is an interesting death prediction and at this point, I could see any and all of them meeting Lucille. The ones at the most risk though are the characters from the Atlanta Camp (S1) so that's Glenn, Daryl or Carol. It will be one of those for maximum pain and horror and OHGODNO!

Nerd Talk: I'm a bit disappointed that Daryl didn't yell "That's MY bike!" ala "That's MY gun!" when he began feeding that poor schlob his fist. Don't touch Daryl's stuff, you will be punched! Also the woman's voice that comes from the walkie-talkie at the end sounds a LOT like GLaDos (Portal) to me. I half-expected her to make a false promise about cake.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda sensitive so I would consider a guy breaking up with me like that cruel. Better than the gradual fade-out though.

I have watched TWD since the beginning, but not read any of the comics. I may start reading them, I enjoy reading comparisons of the comic to the show.

Every comment in this thread gets an upvote from me. I really appreciate everyone's contribution. Nobody in my real life wants to talk about TWD!

I did appreciate seeing Carol again -- with a new fella! and being everyone's mom. Scary mom, yes, but still mom.

I'm glad that Maggie is taking on leadership tasks, because she's better at it than Rick. 

And I would not have held it against Rosita if she'd decked Abraham. Hell, I'd have held her earrings for her.

I've never been a Maggie fan, superficially I think it's because the actress' southern accent is terrible, so at the end of last night's episode I was all, of course stupid Maggie had to go and get captured! Again. I don't want her to get killed though, because I like Glenn. Oh, crises of conscience over fictional characters...

Tense action scenes like at the end of last night's episode tend to reveal my true opinions on characters. Like, when Aaron went into that dark room alone I thought, "Oh no, be careful Aaron!" And when Sasha and Abraham were trying to get into that locked door I was like, "Meh."

What is Morgan up to? He's already been about 3 types of crazy during the course of this show, does he have another crazy coming?

I'm interested in seeing next week's episode because the redheaded woman (Alicia Witt) was in Justified. She wasn't a great character on it, but Justified is an amazing show. I just finished binge watching it. PSA: All six seasons are available on Amazon Prime.

5 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

The actress who plays Tara was on the Talking Dead couch and said that she was nine months pregnant when shooting last night's episode. I had no clue.

I thought she might have been pregnant. I noticed the looser wardrobe (and I know that this sounds awful. don't judge me please) she has a fuller face than she did. They have sort of angled her weirdly in most shots as well.  We don't watch the talking dead. 

18 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

The priest said a prayer before shooting that dude to pieces. Cold as ice. He has come a long way

I was like, just stop talking and shoot the bastard. Why take the chance.

Last nights was all a little blaah for me. I was surprised when they walked out into the car park thing, it all seemed too easy and over quickly.  They have been making so many stupid decisions lately and I am scratching my head a lot of the time or yelling that there is no way they would do that or god just kill him/her/them. 

Oh and Morgan drives me insane, I hate that character. He would not survive in my Zombie circle. 

I actually enjoyed this weeks episode. It was a battle a stupid battle but one i think they needed to take on. They have been blindsided too many times in the past and I agree it's time to take the bull by the horns and act first. It's not the moral high ground but they really have no choice...no food no medicine there out look was pretty poor before they found the mountain top community. I really like Rick as a leader but he needs people like Maggie to keep his moral compass pointing in the right direction. I love the group and I wish they would quit killing off all of the original characters.  NO ONE IS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Father Gabriel in this episode was the best I have ever seen him and when he quoted the bible before he killed that guy was awesome!!! It reminded me of pulp fiction and I loved every minute of it.

Carol is a bad ass and I hope they don't kill her off but she was the center point in the beginning of this season and since they have come back from mid season hiatus you don't really see much of her and I am afraid that means she's a goner. :my_sad:

I can't wait to meet Negan!!!!!! It's been a long time coming and we get to see Lucille!!!!!! Plus the actor playing Negan is Jeffrey Dean Morgan and I think he will do the role justice. 

Side note about Maggie has her "southern" accent gotten worse in the pass couple seasons or am I just hearing things because i think it has gotten worse.

11 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I'm interested in seeing next week's episode because the redheaded woman (Alicia Witt) was in Justified. She wasn't a great character on it, but Justified is an amazing show. I just finished binge watching it. PSA: All six seasons are available on Amazon Prime

I love Justified, I was so sad when the series ended 

When Father Gabriel started quoting the Bible and then really shot someone I was all OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!  

As a veteran of Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined) - I am used to the no one is safe theory of watching shows like this (and practice it).   Years later there are at least 2 deaths from that show that I'm still in a WTF?!!! fallout from.  

Is it me - or is Carol super scary when she's baking cookies?  

I think they are going to have Abraham meet Lucille.  The car at the end of the road during the rocket launcher incident most definitely will come back into play here.  I just cant see them killing glen off, not because TWD wont kill beloved characters, but because of politics.  Diversity is important these days.

Random thoughts:

Abraham leaving Rosita - way to be harsh man, geez, how about at least talking to her and explaining it's over and you're gonna move out, instead of just letting her walk in as you pack your shit up.

Tara - I thought the same as someone else when her girlfriend said "I'll say I love you when you get back" - I thought uh-oh, she's not coming back...

[BTW - Tara (the actress, Alana Masterson) is the half sister of Hyde (Danny Masterson) from That Seventies show, and her other half brother is Malcolm's older brother Francis, from Malcom in the middle. She's also a Scientologist.]

The attack - total edge of the seat stuff! I so didn't want Heath to die (coloured guy with glasses and dreads). I like him for some reason.

And why, after the attack, when they reached the grassy area in the middle, did they all just go and relax, and farewell people, have a bit of a chat, and just generally drop their guard completely??? WHY? They know there's a lot of them, The Saviours, "groups of more than 20" said someone last episode - Jesus maybe, so why the sudden chill out?

Father Gabriel - walking slowly up on that guy, pointing a gun at him, and coldly quoting scripture until "Bang!". That's badass right there.

Carol and her guy - finally Carol has someone that kind of suits her. I bet the people waiting for her and Daryl to get together are going to be disappointed.

4 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

Abraham leaving Rosita - way to be harsh man, geez, how about at least talking to her and explaining it's over and you're gonna move out, instead of just letting her walk in as you pack your shit up.

It was so harsh but it still makes me laugh when he said " Is a dingleberry brown?" :pb_lol::pb_lol:

Abraham seriously has the best one liners and when he said that I had to play it back several times so i could get thru the rest of the episode.

5 hours ago, Diggingupdirt said:

It was so harsh but it still makes me laugh when he said " Is a dingleberry brown?" :pb_lol::pb_lol:

Abraham seriously has the best one liners and when he said that I had to play it back several times so i could get thru the rest of the episode.

Who's Deanna?

Who's Negan?

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

Who's Deanna?

Who's Negan?

Deanna was the leader of the Alexandria "colony" prior to Rick's arrival.  She is the zombie that we discussed upthread.

Negan is the leader of the Saviors.   We shall meet him soon and he will make the Governor look like an angel.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Deanna was the leader of the Alexandria "colony" prior to Rick's arrival.  She is the zombie that we discussed upthread.

Negan is the leader of the Saviors.   We shall meet him soon and he will make the Governor look like an angel.

Oh I know, I was mocking Abraham. Those are two of his lines, haha.

23 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

Random thoughts:

Tara - I thought the same as someone else when her girlfriend said "I'll say I love you when you get back" - I thought uh-oh, she's not coming back...

[BTW - Tara (the actress, Alana Masterson) is the half sister of Hyde (Danny Masterson) from That Seventies show, and her other half brother is Malcolm's older brother Francis, from Malcom in the middle. She's also a Scientologist.]

The attack - total edge of the seat stuff! I so didn't want Heath to die (coloured guy with glasses and dreads). I like him for some reason.

And why, after the attack, when they reached the grassy area in the middle, did they all just go and relax, and farewell people, have a bit of a chat, and just generally drop their guard completely??? WHY? They know there's a lot of them, The Saviours, "groups of more than 20" said someone last episode - Jesus maybe, so why the sudden chill out?

Father Gabriel - walking slowly up on that guy, pointing a gun at him, and coldly quoting scripture until "Bang!". That's badass right there.

Carol and her guy - finally Carol has someone that kind of suits her. I bet the people waiting for her and Daryl to get together are going to be disappointed.

I used the word "coloured" to describe Heath, and have since been told that's not right, so I just wanted to apologise to anyone who was offended, because I SO didn't mean to be offensive. I'm from Australia, and I'm really not good with the correct way to describe black people in the US as we have different terms for our own indigenous Australians. 

I feel really upset I might have offended someone, intentional or not, so again, the fault is all mine, and I am really, really so sorry. :(

Last night's episode, Thelma and Louise meet TWD!  The women rocked, and preggers Maggie fought like a beast. I was surprised, but relieved, that all of the group came out alive. And setting this episode in a meatpacking plant, with a kill room, was rich with symbolism. When Glenn and Maggie were face to face, I clapped and almost cried. Carol delivered despite her crisis of conscience, yeah she burnt those dudes up but she felt badly about it. And she had no problem killing that woman coming after Maggie. BTW, Maggie's captor was almost her doppelganger, I got confused for a moment there. Paula was interesting, I felt a pang of sympathy when she said she had four kids. But everybody in the ZA has had heartbreaking losses. Not justification for becoming a psychopath. I hope Carol doesn't let Morgan rub off on her too much. Violence is absolutely necessary in the ZA, where immoral humans are more of a survival risk than the zombies.

What do y'all think?

I really enjoyed this episode!!! I love Carol, and i think you are right @SilverBeach Morgan has gotten into her head. I like Morgan but in the ZA you need to keep your humanity but at the same time you have to do what you need to do to survive. There is a fine line between doing what is right and what is wrong. I think that is what Carol is struggling with. She is looking back at all the kills she has made and I think wondering if they were all necessary. 

Maggie is bad ass!!! She is turning into the mommabear and I love it!! The women in the ZA are taking over and I love it! I am still a big Rick supporter but i love that the women are stepping up and they are becoming more of a centerpiece in the show

I hope Maggie cools it for a while, for the sake of the baby. She was standing by her man, so Glenn may have to cool his heels a bit too. 

Carol's pre-emptive prison kills probably were not necessary, as the illness spread anyway. If anything, I think she should feel remorse for how mean she was to Sam. 

I'm kind of giddy about Negan.  I really hope TWD goes full out cult when they bring him in.  I was kind of hoping the rosary bead thing was foreshadowing. 

I LOVED last night's episode.  Maggie and Glen are my two favorite characters and she was a badass last night.

I loved last nights episode. Carol and Maggie kicked ass!

I do think it was a bit of a shame Paula is gone so soon, she was great, and a really interesting character. Kudos to Alicia Witt who played her beautifully - I was somewhat sorry to see her go. Paula's really not that much different to our our group of women, doing what she has to do to survive in a monstrous world. 

I think Carol has rediscovered part of her old self a little in Alexandria, baking cookies, being sweet, and this has given her time to reflect on the things she has done. The small amount of downtime she has had there and her interactions with Morgan, has made her stop and think on the lives she has taken, and she is frightened she may have lost her humanity in the struggle to survive...and she's frightened of what she feels she has become. 

Both Maggie and Carol need a break from the front lines whenever possible. Maggie because well, pregnant, making her a distraction to those with her because they want to protect her, and lose focus - which is why she and Carol were captured in the first place. Carol because she has become unpredictable and they can't count on her to quite react as she has before, and she's falling apart.

I loved when Daryl growls to Carol "You alright?", she shakes her head and says in a tiny voice "No" and he goes "Aww c'mere" and gives her a big bear hug.

Anyway, awesome episode, and although they may think they have killed Negan, I hope one of them is smart enough to realise they might not have...

22 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

loved when Daryl growls to Carol "You alright?", she shakes her head and says in a tiny voice "No" and he goes "Aww c'mere" and gives her a big bear hug.

sidenote:

I always thought Carol and Daryl would make a great couple!!! 

2 hours ago, Diggingupdirt said:

sidenote:

I always thought Carol and Daryl would make a great couple!!! 

Sorry, but I don't - I think it'd be a shame, and sloppy on behalf of the writers. I think they have an awesome friendship, and are more like brother and sister. I don't understand the Caryl shippers at all. Please don't hate me :) 

Sometimes it bugs me that people (and this isn't at you in particular @Diggingupdirt- just what I see from other fans on Twitter etc) always want to pair everyone off on TV shows. Why? Some people can't just let a show unfold, without wanting everyone to fall in lurve etc.

On 3/16/2016 at 10:06 PM, DaffyDill said:

Sorry, but I don't - I think it'd be a shame, and sloppy on behalf of the writers. I think they have an awesome friendship, and are more like brother and sister. I don't understand the Caryl shippers at all. Please don't hate me :) 

Sometimes it bugs me that people (and this isn't at you in particular @Diggingupdirt- just what I see from other fans on Twitter etc) always want to pair everyone off on TV shows. Why? Some people can't just let a show unfold, without wanting everyone to fall in lurve etc.

Love is just so weird in the zombie apocalypse. I would never bring a child into that mess, although I understand that the desire for closeness may still be there. Maybe love relationships make them feel more human in the face of all the killing and degradation. No, I don't see a Caryl/Daryl pairing. I do see her with her new actual boyfriend, they look like any suburban couple in America. That said, all the romance stuff has been mildly interesting distraction but is far less interesting than the other interpersonal dynamics, and intergroup dynamics, on the show.

This episode granted a needed insight on Carol's development as a character and it was interesting to see the changes that have occurred to her character over the course of time. And -that's- why I love The Walking Dead. It's not just the zombies and jumping over guard rails - these people are people and they are what matters to the story. 

It tells me much about who Carol is when she shot Michelle for slicing Maggie's womb - without hesitation, without pause, without mercy. Everything she has done, everyone she has killed has been to protect her family, regardless of the cost, and that is a trait I admire in people. And Maggie? I'd be very glad if she keeps to the oath at the end about staying away from combat for the foreseeable future. She went almost feral on those people but she almost got herself and her baby killed in the process.

Shipping is something that crops up in every form of media - TV shows, movies, books (I'll save you all the horror of the Harry Potter and LOTR fan-fic shippers) and even video games. I've learned to tune it out as nattering - mostly stupid nattering. Daryl/Rick and Beth shippers were a special sort of ridiculous. When I ship, I ship quietly.

Like Rick and Michonne, for example, I've shipped them from the comics and onto the TV show. Sometimes, I do get my wish. Ha ha! I shipped them because they are bad-ass in both mediums and to me, bad-asses belong with bad-asses. When everyone else was going all 'ee, Xena and Gabby', I was all 'Xena and Ares, ftw!' Oh, Kevin Smith ; ; I shall mourn him again with a glass of wine later.

Out of curiosity, how many people are going to stay with AMC on Sundays to catch FtWD? I'm doing it! I've been interested in seeing more 'zombies at sea' since I read a few blurbs in World War Z (the book, not the movie) plus Recorded Attacks (the one with the slave ship is horrifying on many levels) and a couple of short stories at Tales of World War Z.

Archived