IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never want to see Daryl eat spaghetti again.

Daryl is the most obnoxious dinner guest ever.

I do appreciate that he's making friends, especially since Aaron is fairly perceptive -- he realizes that Daryl has good judgment, even if he is cranky 99% of the time. And it seems that the statement "you know the difference between good people and bad people" reminded Daryl of Beth, which is exactly the right tactic to use.

I wonder if they have a mental health professional. Sasha is in serious need of some therapy, and shooting family portraits isn't gonna do it.

I adore Scary Carol. Sweet Widow Carol is better for stealth, but Scary Carol gets shit done.

I am MAD about the Target Trip Gone Wrong.

And even MADDER about formerly Father Wibble, now Father Shitheel. I really wish Hershel were still around, because he and Father Shitheel would have WORDS. (And everyone else, well.)

That was a good episode, and by good I mean there were no slow or boring parts.

EUGENE! Our baby grew up! Loved how they developed him.

Noah. OMG. :( and poor Glenn trapped with many future nightmares ahead of him. Sometimes I think the survivors must all go a little insane just to cope with things like that.

Cannot wait to see how things play out when the group returns from that trip. So relieved Glenn survived.

Wonder how hard it's going to be to off the wife-beater.

That was a good episode, and by good I mean there were no slow or boring parts.

EUGENE! Our baby grew up! Loved how they developed him.

Noah. OMG. :( and poor Glenn trapped with many future nightmares ahead of him. Sometimes I think the survivors must all go a little insane just to cope with things like that.

Cannot wait to see how things play out when the group returns from that trip. So relieved Glenn survived.

Wonder how hard it's going to be to off the wife-beater.

This new group has demonstrated that they have no problem sacrificing each other to protect their own self interest, so they will absolutely think it's better to have an abusive, alcoholic doctor than no doctor at all.

This new group has demonstrated that they have no problem sacrificing each other to protect their own self interest, so they will absolutely think it's better to have an abusive, alcoholic doctor than no doctor at all.

Here's hoping they deal with Father Shitheel, though.

Rick did not handle that as well as he should have -- specifically, what Michonne stopped. That's gonna be messy.

And I do not care about Carl and his first girlfriend and their running through the woods, unless there's a plot relevance involved.

I'm getting the impression that Glenn is gonna find himself acting -- officially -- as a leader much more, and Nicky will figure out just how many asses Glenn has at least tried to save.

Aaron better be glad he found Daryl and convinced him to be the other new-person-searcher, especially if they encounter the Bad Guys in person.

I thought the recent episode was a little sad. Rick completely devolved/evolved into Shane. It just took him three seasons more to get there. The crazy ranting and yelling at people to see that he was right was Shane all over. So was fighting over and wanting another man's wife with very little indication of how Jessie felt about Pete, and very little explanation of why Rick feels so strongly about her, based on about three short conversations. Even if Pete hits Jessie and Sam, what makes Rick (and Carol, who suggested it) think that they can just kill Pete? Seriously?

Ricks group have found a place which is not only secure, but has food, hot water, some electricity, some kind of schooling even for the kids etc. A fairly comfortable lifestyle. They need to make it work. They aren't going to magically get along perfectly with any group they come into contact with as every groups experiences are different, and have scarred them in different ways. It's true the Alexandrians may be too naive, but who can blame them for wanting to be like that? Rick would have wanted the very same thing for Carl not so long ago.

If Rick's group cannot make this work, they won't make any place work. And if no place like Alexandria can work, what is the point of going on?

Honestly, I hope that most of the group chooses to stay in Alexandria -- even if Rick is sent out on his own for a while. He is not the only or best leader in the Zombie Apocalypse. They need his knowledge of the outside world and his police experience, but not his instability. His KIDS need stability and food and shelter, and he's not thinking about that.

I get that Pete is an abusive jackass, but beating him senseless and pulling a gun on everyone isn't the way to deal with it. It took him longer to get where Shane ended up, but he's just about there -- and that's a serious problem.

Carol's worrying me, too. She's not being astonishingly rational either. Just because it took Walkers eating her ex-husband for her to get out of the situation doesn't make it the same for Jessie, and doesn't mean that Drunk Pete needs to die. (It doesn't mean Pete and Jessie should stay together, either.)

Great comments, guys. I need to rewatch season one because the Rick/Shane parallel went right over my head. I agree, Rick in luuurve with a woman he just met is stupid and made me :roll: . Especially when he told her he wouldn't do this for just anyone (because YES YOU WOULD, RICK, if they're in your group). Nice character assassination, TWD writers.

Carol has killed problem people before (Karen and someone else who had the flu), so I felt like that was an in-character move for her. But Deanna's suggestion to just split them up is a more rational first step, maybe. :lol:

Random thoughts: Alexandrians' cluelessness about living in a zombie world continues to shock me. Deanna rejecting Carol's casserole was ROOD! Inbred Joel Osteen can gtfo, but Glenn was pretty hard on him. "People like you are supposed to be dead." Really, really harsh! I did think the rest of his comment was good.

Not really a spoiler, but my fear for the season finale:

I kind of feel like they're foreshadowing Sasha's death.
{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
But I have focus/attention/memory problems that cause me to miss subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle :? ) details, so I could be way off base. Also why I don't know that one guy's name, and I'm not sure Deanna is right either, lol.

I think Glenn's handling jackass Nicky very well. He basically told the guy "you're an asshole and you aren't going to pin Aidan's or Noah's deaths or Tara's injury on me, but I'm not gonna seek revenge. I'm gonna keep you alive. Because I'm not an asshole like you. Asshole."

That is going to be much more effective in the long run, especially if anyone overheard the conversation -- someone with revenge in mind isn't going to tell another person (who they significantly dislike) that they're going to keep them safe.

I think I agree with your spoiler, Halcionne. By all accounts (from actors, etc), there's going to be a few big, devastating events -- and that could be one of them.

Honestly, I hope that most of the group chooses to stay in Alexandria -- even if Rick is sent out on his own for a while. He is not the only or best leader in the Zombie Apocalypse. They need his knowledge of the outside world and his police experience, but not his instability. His KIDS need stability and food and shelter, and he's not thinking about that.

I get that Pete is an abusive jackass, but beating him senseless and pulling a gun on everyone isn't the way to deal with it. It took him longer to get where Shane ended up, but he's just about there -- and that's a serious problem.

Carol's worrying me, too. She's not being astonishingly rational either. Just because it took Walkers eating her ex-husband for her to get out of the situation doesn't make it the same for Jessie, and doesn't mean that Drunk Pete needs to die. (It doesn't mean Pete and Jessie should stay together, either.)

Agree with all of this ^^

Rick's group have gotten what they want in the security and relative safety of Alexandria, and some of them seem to think that it's not how they would do it, or they're losing their edge and becoming soft, so they need to leave/ find somewhere else/sabotage what could be a good thing. I also think they don't realise how emotionally broken they are.

The town needs a committee of 6-12 people of varying ages, backgrounds etc., some of Deanna's people and some of Ricks, to make decisions on people like Pete, and any other problems that may arise. If Pete is indeed a surgeon, he's not an asset to be cast aside easily. He has great value in that world. However if he is beating Jessie and Sam, it needs to stop. A committee could devise a list of punishments/consequences for bad behaviour.

Rick was made town Sheriff, but has nothing to do except wander the streets. He needs to be busy doing something, anything to keep him busy and feeling valued, and in control of his own safety and that of his children and the rest of the group. When they were at the prison and he was being Farmer Rick, he wouldn't let Carl carry a gun. He wanted him to lead a more civilised life - well here IS a place where Carl can have that, and Rick seems to want to mess it up subconsciously.

Alexandria seemed to have been functioning reasonably well on it's own for quite a while before Rick and group showed up. If it fails now, and is destroyed - then what hope is there for their future? I can't imagine they'd find a better place.

YES exactly! I mean, the previous examples are good representations of just how bad people CAN get (the Governor, Terminus, the Claimers) but that's not EVERY group out there. The Grimes group definitely knows more about what's been going on outside of the Post-Apocalypse Suburbs, but they need to realize that sometimes quiet is GOOD. Sometimes comfort is GOOD. Less than two years prior, show-time, Rick was begging Hershel to let them stay at the family farm.

If Deanna had made Rick the Sheriff and then had him, for example, giving gun safety and self-defense-from-walkers lessons to the Alexandrites, he might not have lost his shit quite so dramatically. Rick's not a person who can just have a title and no real job.

I don't know about the previous prediction, but here's my big fear:

I'm becoming more and more convinced that they are getting ready to kill off Glenn, and I'm going to absolutely lose my shit if they do. He's been so powerful and interesting lately. And TWD writers are sadists. And yet I keep watching. :zombie:

I don't know about the previous prediction, but here's my big fear:

I'm becoming more and more convinced that they are getting ready to kill off Glenn, and I'm going to absolutely lose my shit if they do. He's been so powerful and interesting lately. And TWD writers are sadists. And yet I keep watching. :zombie:

Nooooooo! Not that!! I would hate that too! Then again, I can't think of anyone in particular I would like to see that happen too. Except maybe Nick I guess...

Agree with all of this ^^

Rick's group have gotten what they want in the security and relative safety of Alexandria, and some of them seem to think that it's not how they would do it, or they're losing their edge and becoming soft, so they need to leave/ find somewhere else/sabotage what could be a good thing. I also think they don't realise how emotionally broken they are.

The town needs a committee of 6-12 people of varying ages, backgrounds etc., some of Deanna's people and some of Ricks, to make decisions on people like Pete, and any other problems that may arise. If Pete is indeed a surgeon, he's not an asset to be cast aside easily. He has great value in that world. However if he is beating Jessie and Sam, it needs to stop. A committee could devise a list of punishments/consequences for bad behaviour.

Rick was made town Sheriff, but has nothing to do except wander the streets. He needs to be busy doing something, anything to keep him busy and feeling valued, and in control of his own safety and that of his children and the rest of the group. When they were at the prison and he was being Farmer Rick, he wouldn't let Carl carry a gun. He wanted him to lead a more civilised life - well here IS a place where Carl can have that, and Rick seems to want to mess it up subconsciously.

Alexandria seemed to have been functioning reasonably well on it's own for quite a while before Rick and group showed up. If it fails now, and is destroyed - then what hope is there for their future? I can't imagine they'd find a better place.

I think Deanna like being in charge to much. She is a slimy two faced politician, she is like House Of Cards slimy imo.

I don't want to lose any more major characters. I don't have the heart for it. I am liking Rosita, now that she has personality I think they will get rid of her. I am guessing she will get killed protecting Sasha while she is out on one of her crazy missions.

I liked that ending... well for the most part...

So we learn our lesson about not giving the benefit of a doubt when someone menaces you with a weapon. Rick's police training should have taught him this.

I liked the contrast between Morgan and Rick. I always liked Morgan, I liked how he was sparingly threaded through the seasons and has come back in a big way.

Morgan just got done fighting a horde to save two lives. He looks clean and sane. Rick is disheveled and shot that man in cold blood. He looks psycho.

Rick's been saying there is only way to survive but then Morgan shows there is a different way.

That Glenn. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Nicholas deserved to die as well but Glenn didn't kill him. Glenn isn't a cop either.

Glenn and Maggie are quality people AND survivors. That's uncommon enough in the "real world". I like them both.

Father Shitheel is so very terrible a person.

How is it Father could kill 2 walkers on the road and still sport a clean shirt?

How is it Father could kill 2 walkers on the road and still sport a clean shirt?

Th' love of Jeeeeeeezus. Or the power of hypocrisy.

Archived