IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

The current plot-line of the Great Walker Invasion of Alexandria wasn't impacting me as much as it should have. Or as much as it would have if I cared more about some of the people involved and if I didn't see their stuuupidity risking the lives of people I do care about.

Here are my predictions. Sam - the 'Tiptoe Through the Tulips' kid? He's not going to make it. I think the other kid - Angsty Hat, I call him - is going to hurt Carl badly and he will also not make it. And Jessie, well, Jessie will prove that while she thinks she is ready for the new world, she isn't. Her death has been foreshadowed, that's all I'm going to say. I also have a bad feeling about the one guy who stole Daryl's crossbow. A really bad feeling that something really bad is going to happen, not to Daryl. But to Abraham.

Plus my standard for a good invasion of the undead has become much higher after Hardhome. If given a choice between dealing with TWD walkers or GoT wights, I'd rather deal with TWD walkers. They are slow and dumb and they just want to eat you.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you think?

I thought it started strong. But then most of the episode was just them killing zombies. I know, I know...that's a big part of the show. But I felt it was just a bit much this episode. Not enough substance.

That scene with the combined force of Rick's Gang and Alexandrians fighting together to take back their place was a vital part from the comic. Rick figures that they can do anything if they work together as people should and his crazy declines. If the Great Zombie Slaughter of Alexandria wasn't such a turning point in the comic as far as Rick's mentality and how the story develops after, I'd agree that it was a bit much.

As for the rest of the episode? Daryl looks good with a rocker launcher - that should be his new go-to and I'm happy that those three got back in good health. No more Jessie, Sam or Porch Dick Jr. The Wolf isn't inside the walls and Eugene and Gabriel stepped up. Good on them! My worries for this half the season? Daryl's wound (comic-reasoning), Daryl's lost crossbow in the hands of a random stranger (comic-reasoning) and baseball bats with female names (comic-reasoning).

I thought it was the best hour of television I've seen in a long time.  I rarely yell at the TV, but I did quite a few times last night.  I havent read the comics but I know about the plot lines coming... 

I cant wait for next week.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I thought it was the best hour of television I've seen in a long time.  I rarely yell at the TV, but I did quite a few times last night.  I havent read the comics but I know about the plot lines coming... 

I cant wait for next week.

Spoiler

+1000

SPOILERS AHEAD-STOP NOW IF YOU PLAN ON WATCHING LATER

Rick's anger at Carl's eye getting shot out motivated him to say fuck it, I'm tired of this shit and gonna take these MFs out NOW. His courage inspired the other warriors, leading to the epic rapid fire zombie killing scene. I applauded at the end of that scene, and almost cried when Carl grasped Rick's fingers. Wasn't too moved by the deaths of Jen and her family, I did feel a bit bad for Rick as I bet he thought there was some s-e-x in his future. The Wolf story arc was interesting-did he rehumanize a bit? The mostly useless priest uttered a good line, about how he knew God would save Alexandria because He would give them the courage to save themselves. Then, the epic battle and zombie fry.

I have watched since the beginning and the episode left me speechless.

Sorry for screwing up spoilers, never did it before. Please forgive me. :(

Okay so enjoyable but yawn - whiney kid did what I expected whiney kid to do.  Ditto angsty teen.  Daryl did look awesome with the rocket launcher.  and Michonne is still badass.

I thought it was a great episode! My favorite since Carol's siege on Terminus, probably. I suppose I just really like a good old fashioned mass Zombie killing episode every once in a while. When Rick ran out of the infirmary to kick some Zombie ass, I said "It's about goddamn time!" I don't think it's a very popular opinion, but Rick is my favorite character by far. Especially when he goes nuts. He's so interesting.

Second favorite moment of the episode was when Daryl casually called Negan's henchmen "a bunch of assholes" moments after blowing them up.

I thought they were going to go completely off comic and kill rick off when he went out on the zombie killing spree alone.  When it was daylight, and they panned the crowd... I actually said aloud "wheres rick?"

I thought they would have then panned to his body and I was going to lose it

On 2/16/2016 at 6:52 PM, clueliss said:

Okay so enjoyable but yawn - whiney kid did what I expected whiney kid to do.  Ditto angsty teen.  Daryl did look awesome with the rocket launcher.  and Michonne is still badass.

Mom should have let the ten year old stay with the priest, but that would not have followed the comic. I'm glad the older boy is no longer a threat to Carl. That boy was a douche, just like his father. Michonne? Love her.

For emotional impact, nothing will beat The Grove when Carol told the little demented girl to "look at the flowers" before shooting her in the head. Gut wrenching.

Porchdick! Chris Hardwick's term. I enjoy the Talking Dead, although Carrie Underwood was weak as water on the couch.

Awesome episode!! Jessie really let Sam down and led to his downfall. She ignored his fears and stresses and then was starting to bloody up before even letting the kid know what was up. Was she planning on finally going to see him when she was all covered in blood and then tell him the plan? He walked in before she did so. And telling him to pretend to be brave was stupid. Let him know they all were afraid! Finally, she should have insisted he go with Gabe and maybe even go also. Sorry for the rant. Just gets me so annoyed. :annoyed:

Well, his Carol flashbacks didn't help issues there.  (one of my top WTF Carol moments was when she told that kid to keep the secret regarding her getting stuff from the supply pantry or she'd tie him to a tree beyond the wall).  

I don't mind the dark can't see anything episodes.  While I've grown to love this show, I still dislike gore and spend many episodes with my hands up in front of me.

Yes, Carol and the look at the flowers scene is the top emotional scene.  

5 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Why is this show so fucking dark? Like, literally dark, the only thing i see when watching on my tablet is my face

CSI was like that, it was one of my favorites (the original), not only was it dark but the lab scenes were icy blue.

TWD is apocalyptic, anyone can die at any time (except Glenn apparently), darkness is appropriate. Maybe there was too much ambient light when you were watching your tablet?

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

Well, his Carol flashbacks didn't help issues there.  (one of my top WTF Carol moments was when she told that kid to keep the secret regarding her getting stuff from the supply pantry or she'd tie him to a tree beyond the wall).  

I don't mind the dark can't see anything episodes.  While I've grown to love this show, I still dislike gore and spend many episodes with my hands up in front of me.

Yes, Carol and the look at the flowers scene is the top emotional scene.  

Carol morphed into scary mom, that's for sure. I though her meanness to the kid was not necessary, but Carol is a protect her group by any means necessary straight killer. Michonne would have been much different with the boy, while still telling him the truth about surviving in the zombie apocalypse. Carol went from being a domestic violence victim way over to the other side of aggressiveness. An underlying theme is just how much humanity must you give up to survive in an inhumane world. Rick morphed too, not as drastically as Carol but still a helluva lot.

50 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Carol morphed into scary mom, that's for sure. I though her meanness to the kid was not necessary, but Carol is a protect her group by any means necessary straight killer. Michonne would have been much different with the boy, while still telling him the truth about surviving in the zombie apocalypse. Carol went from being a domestic violence victim way over to the other side of aggressiveness. An underlying theme is just how much humanity must you give up to survive in an inhumane world. Rick morphed too, not as drastically as Carol but still a helluva lot.

You are spot on with how much of you humanity are you willing to give up to survive. 

I like to participate in the amc story sync when TWD is on, it is alot of fun and you can decide on what you think is right or wrong, or if what happened was moral but tactical and stuff like that. I really enjoy the story sync plus it gives me a reason to watch the episode again. Just in case i missed something the first time 

What an awesome episode. 

Good riddance really to Jessie and her annoying sons. although to be fair, she shouldn't have let Sam stay up in his room for a couple of days, gotten him downstairs and talked to him about how the world has changed etc., etc. way before it came to this. Same with Ron, really. Not one person stopped to talk to that kid for 5 minutes to help him deal with his dad's death, not even his own mother. He was still an arsehole, though.

Still, none of what has happened, except maybe the attack by the Wolves, would have happened if Rick didn't insist on doing the damn walker march way back in Episode whatever early this season, before anyone had a chance to regroup, take a breath, check and maintain the walls, teach the Alexandrians some shooting and knife skills etc. This season has all been a clusterfuck born of Rick's bad judgement IMHO.

I still like him, but I don't always agree with him. Like when Father Gabriel was sticking flyers around for a church service, and Rick's pulling them down without saying a word. I mean Gabe was trying to contribute by doing only thing he knows how do to, give those people of faith some comfort and guidance, and Rick behaved like a petulant child.

It was one of the best episodes, because it had so many OMG NO!!!! moments followed by OMG YESS!!!! moments and back to OMG NOOOO!!!!!

I thought that Glenn was a goner and started to cry. I'm such a dork. Then when Ron's gun went off --- although I knew what happened to Carl in the comics, I didn't think of it at that moment until I saw him standing. Poor thing. Shot twice!!

So many great moments without it being cliche. I was very impressed with the writing and directing in this one. Many episodes, it's one or the other. 

Eh. The reason why the Parade of the Dead was a cock-up is due to the Wolf Attack. The truck? The horn? The walkers would've kept going 'argh! balloons and flares! argh!' if that horn never went off. I think it was planned that way. Alpha Wolf mentioned that they should've watched Alexandria longer before attacking, this would mean that they were watching people leave in cars, armed to the teeth. What a good time to strike down a community, yeah? I know I would pull a Governor instead and bring whiskey <3

Nerd Time: I noticed a interesting little similarity between No Way Out and Hardhome (my favorite 15 minutes of GOT <3). Sam was already unhinged but what literally stopped him in his tracks was a little, shambling figure facing away from him. In Hardhome, a great female character - an elder of the ice river clans - is stopped in her wight-crippling rampage by little undead figures. Only they looked like this and they stared her down until she rose her weapons in a classic surrender.

TWD/AMC... I don't mean to compare but when a political drama with dragons and giants is kicking your ass on freaky Kay-Zees (kiddy zombies), I'm going to question if you are really "stepping up your game" as the producers keep claiming. If Sam isn't shown animated during the 'clean-out'...oh the disappoint will continue to grow.

I liked the priest's "hey, we don't need to sit in here and pray, we can fight!"  Go team, yay team, rah team.

16 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I liked the priest's "hey, we don't need to sit in here and pray, we can fight!"  Go team, yay team, rah team.

I appreciated that he and Eugene actually stepped in and helped out instead of cowering. Should've done so ages ago, but...

So, this latest episode? "The Next World" ...I could talk about how much I like the new character or how Rick and Daryl were like two college kids on a road trip (and it was awesome). I could even comment on how I don't understand how a certain walker could revive and slip past the zombie slaying mayhem without being drawn by the pretty lake of fire or the sounds of outright battle.

But, uh, I've been on Team Richonne for a very long time. So allow me to summarize my reaction without too much spoiler. "Eeeeeeeeee!" /fangirlysqueal.

Daryl and Rick prepared by watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, which helped give the authentic buddy movie vibe.

As usual, Carl has adjusted well to the loss of his eye.

Very touching how Carl wanted Spencer to put down Deanna, as he did with Lori.

Where was Carol?

And Richonne? No words. Loved It! If anybody needs sexual healing, its those two. I wish Daryl would get laid next, but he acts so asexual.

Archived