IGNORED

Abortion on a 10yo rape victim? Lose your licence in KS

Alecto

As a woman in her 30's who had an abortion, my abortion is a secret to most people in my real life. Even though the abortion I had when I was 16 was because of rape, I would still be judged as a baby killer or worse. Even though I have no personal regrets about my abortion, I still worry about people finding out. I worry about not getting jobs or how my very pro-life family would treat me if they found out.

Kansas is a hostile place for abortions, and the more I think about it, the more I wouldn't want to place the knowledge of "I had an abortion" on a 10 year old, because that child would have to keep it a secret. I already felt like I had to keep my rape a secret, because it was clearly my fault I was wearing a tank top AND drinking. I almost guarantee that child is internalizing her rape to some degree, and thinks she did something wrong. Kids that age are easy to manipulate in general. That's why we were encouraged at that age to bring kids to church. They also start in heavy on the pro-life message around that age. I wasn't much older than her when I went to my first clinic protest, and I was a little snot about it, to be blunt.

I just think that the fact they had an abortion might be a better conversation for when they are 16 or older. The kid was raped. She really doesn't need the social and emotional baggage of knowing she had an abortion. It's going to be hard enough for her to not feel like a "bad girl" or a "slut" because of abstinence only education.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a woman in her 30's who had an abortion, my abortion is a secret to most people in my real life. Even though the abortion I had when I was 16 was because of rape, I would still be judged as a baby killer or worse. Even though I have no personal regrets about my abortion, I still worry about people finding out. I worry about not getting jobs or how my very pro-life family would treat me if they found out.

Kansas is a hostile place for abortions, and the more I think about it, the more I wouldn't want to place the knowledge of "I had an abortion" on a 10 year old, because that child would have to keep it a secret. I already felt like I had to keep my rape a secret, because it was clearly my fault I was wearing a tank top AND drinking. I almost guarantee that child is internalizing her rape to some degree, and thinks she did something wrong. Kids that age are easy to manipulate in general. That's why we were encouraged at that age to bring kids to church. They also start in heavy on the pro-life message around that age. I wasn't much older than her when I went to my first clinic protest, and I was a little snot about it, to be blunt.

I just think that the fact they had an abortion might be a better conversation for when they are 16 or older. The kid was raped. She really doesn't need the social and emotional baggage of knowing she had an abortion. It's going to be hard enough for her to not feel like a "bad girl" or a "slut" because of abstinence only education.

Completely agree.

Agree with Alecto.

Alecto, I support you in your decision. What a hard thing for you to go through at such a tender age. I would never call you a baby killer and I would correct anyone else who said so.

I'm sorry you had to go through that at all. You, Austin, Latraviata, and the rest all make compelling points.

I am sorry that happened to you.

A rape victim has no choice in the matter of being pregnant or not. I could never fault a rape victim for not wanting a child she had no choice in conceiving.

A rape victim has no choice in the matter of being pregnant or not. I could never fault a rape victim for not wanting a child she had no choice in conceiving.

Well, look who came back. Oh, and you can't fault a woman at all for abortion; because individuals can't punish someone by national law for abortion in America, even if you wanted to for your opinion on abortion. Are you gonna answer questions now? :D

scary scary girl, where are you? We've got some work to do now. :auto-mysterymachine: :auto-mysterymachine: :auto-mysterymachine:

Well, look who came back. Oh, and you can't fault a woman at all for abortion; because individuals can't punish someone by national law for abortion in America, even if you wanted to for your opinion on abortion. Are you gonna answer questions now? :D

My comment here was very specific to the nature of this thread. I have already said in other threads that abortion should be legal though I may not always agree with it. I fully admit to having a much harder time with late term abortions that are not performed for the life of the mother or due to rape. I answered the questions in the other thread and I am leaving them there.

My comment here was very specific to the nature of this thread. I have already said in other threads that abortion should be legal though I may not always agree with it. I fully admit to having a much harder time with late term abortions that are not performed for the life of the mother or due to rape. I answered the questions in the other thread and I am leaving them there.[/quote]

No you didn't.

scary scary girl, where are you? We've got some work to do now. :auto-mysterymachine: :auto-mysterymachine: :auto-mysterymachine:

Did scarygirl ever answer the question about which elements of Leviticus she follows and why?

Probably not, lol. :lol: She made my posts go up by 200, at least! C'mon, scarygirl, help me reach to 1,000 posts.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

My comment here was very specific to the nature of this thread. I have already said in other threads that abortion should be legal though I may not always agree with it. I fully admit to having a much harder time with late term abortions that are not performed for the life of the mother or due to rape. I answered the questions in the other thread and I am leaving them there.

What is 'a much harder time'? Why? Women don't just wake up and say I want a late term abortion, I've decided I don't want to start my family right now. These medical procedures are often performed when the developing child has a condition that is not compatible with life.

What is 'a much harder time'? Why? Women don't just wake up and say I want a late term abortion, I've decided I don't want to start my family right now. These medical procedures are often performed when the developing child has a condition that is not compatible with life.

Don't get your hopes up, experiencedd. She will probably dance around your question.

You belittle something truly, truly awful that Alecto has shared by using it as an opportunity to put your view across. In other words you mean you can fault other women who have abortions. Fuck you.

And, thank you for sharing that Alecto. I am genuinely sorry that happened to you, to anybody.

And it adds an insight into what we were discussing.

And, thank you for sharing that Alecto. I am genuinely sorry that happened to you, to anybody.And it adds an insight into what we were discussing.

This. People need to stop victim-blaming, which is what scarygirl was doing.

I know you're online. ;) Why won't you answer experiencedd's questions? Do I have to quote them for little ol' you? Aren't you just a precious little thing

You belittle something truly, truly awful that Alecto has shared by using it as an opportunity to put your view across. In other words you mean you can fault other women who have abortions. Fuck you.

No I was being supportive or her and the ten year old in this case. I didn't say this at the start, but I have been in this ten year olds shoes. I am very thankful that my experience didn't result in a pregnancy.

I know you're online. ;) Why won't you answer experiencedd's questions? Do I have to quote them for little ol' you? Aren't you just a precious little thing

This. People need to stop victim-blaming, which is what scarygirl was doing.

Woah, woah. I was not blaming the victim in the freaking least. Don't put words that were never there.

No I was being supportive or her and the ten year old in this case. I didn't say this at the start, but I have been in this ten year olds shoes. I am very thankful that my experience didn't result in a pregnancy.

No, you weren't. You made a non-apology. You said I'm sorry for your lost and can't find fault for a rape victim for not having a child she had no choice in conceiving. Wait, let me guess, a woman's at fault for not carrying the fetus to term if she got pregnant but it wasn't rape and and she chooses to have an abortion? Both rape victims and women who weren't raped should be able to get abortions if they wish. You sicken me. :evil:

Guest Anonymous

Isn't this about the time that treemom swoops in and drops some reality all up in this thread? /Hopeful.

As for you, scarygirl:

ihopeyousteponalego01.gif

Archived