IGNORED

Abortion on a 10yo rape victim? Lose your licence in KS

Alecto

Tsk. tsk, tsk....we can go around wishing bad things to happen to criminals now, can we? Your statement is just as horrendous as the one I made about putting a rapist in a cell with good 'ol Bubba. The hypocrisy here astounding.

Are you back?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, you have your very own thread all about you in chatter....a nice special place where you can shit on the carpet and feel persecuted. Run along and Go play there and let the evil harpies finish our drinks in peace

Ok, you have your very own thread all about you in chatter....a nice special place where you can shit on the carpet and feel persecuted. Run along and Go play there and let the evil harpies finish our drinks in peace

*clinks glass* Cheers!

:clap: :clap:

I'll drink to that!

Answer the question please, and I will go away. How is killing a human being different than what I said should happen to a rapist?

ETA: I don't feel the least bit persecuted. I just want an answer to my question, that's all.

Answer the question please, and I will go away. How is killing a human being different than what I said should happen to a rapist?

Oh please, how many times now have you promised us that you'll go away?

I will answer your question, if you promise to go away and haunt us no more.

If you would re-read what I said, I stated I would likely try to kill the bastard that raped my child. That is the statement of a victim, and of a mother of three daughters. My personal thought process does not equal "throw all accused rapists in a cell and let THEM be raped!"

I did NOT in any way advocate killing all persons accused of rape. I did not suggest that they themselves should be raped.

I am not a racist, nor do I support misogynist institutions. That in and of itself makes me far different from you, Genieblah.

ETA: I don't feel the least bit persecuted. I just want an answer to my question, that's all.

You really can't tell the difference between someone expressing their outrage by stating that if she were in that position, she would feel an urge to kill someone (note that the author did not actually recommend murder) and recommending rape as a punishment? Please. :roll:

Also, get over being butthurt that someone corrected your offensive remark. Just apologise and learn. Seriously, how many weeks ago was that?

Dodging questions and not answering...hmm...sounds like the very things fundies do when they are taken to task.

Your question wasn't really aimed at me, since I never said anything when you first made your rapist comment, nor did I say anything about Three and Done's comment. So no, I was not dodging a question, just pointing out the fact that you have flounced many a time with promises of leaving, yet here you are.

I will also answer. I am categorically opposed to the death penalty, and torture. I don't think it should be a tool for the masses to inflect on a single person, it's too powerful to not be full proof- which it isn't. However, I have to be honest with myself, there are things that have happened to others, that if they were done to someone I loved I would want the perpetrator dead for. Solution: Kill them myself. If it is really justified, and necessary then I should be able to take my own chances with the jury too. Let a sympathetic jury give me 8 years and probation for killing the rapist of my daughter - this might seem like a fair trade.

However, being able to wield a gruesome punishment while comfortably removed from the act (sicking bubba on a fellow) is rather different.

Butthurt? hardly. I'm just calling you out on how hypocritical you are. My feelings have nothing to do with this. Since you mentioned emotion, my statement was made out of shock and outrage over the way a rape victim was being treated. I got called out on it and rightfully so. I apologized for it. But allowing a statement advocating murder stand without a single word said about it just boggles my mind. Get over yourselves and realize that you have just now condoned a criminal act in retribution for another.

@gb: You're like a golden retriever who keeps picking up the same soggy tennis ball and dropping it at someone's feet, over and over again, expecting a different response to the same ball each time. You're saying more or less exactly the same thing in every post and just rewording it, regardless of whatever people are saying in response.

But allowing a statement advocating murder stand without a single word said about it just boggles my mind.

Stop saying "you" as if you were not a part of this community. You are a member, you post, and you posted in response to that post regarding murder. Seriously, stop with the persecution complex. Other members are not united against you.

And yes I say butthurt because you keep bringing up that incident. It's like you have a grudge about being called out on something. Grow up.

And I'm sure other members can address the issue more clearly than I, but likely the two statements are not precisely analogous. Tapping into stereotypes- Bubba and jail-rape- particularly the latter which often trivialises rape is different than expressing murderous rage (which was how I read the post and why I did not express outrage over it- although to be honest, neither did I respond to your initial comment).

Tsk. tsk, tsk....we can go around wishing bad things to happen to criminals now, can we? Your statement is just as horrendous as the one I made about putting a rapist in a cell with good 'ol Bubba. The hypocrisy here astounding.

Genie, I mean this in the nicest possible way, just fuck off will you.

Perhaps I have missed something but where are the girl's parents in this whole mess? Do they have an opinion about what has happened to their daughter? Do they simply not want to be involved any more? Are they silent to ensure their daughter's anonymity?

There is a case in Canada where an oncologist is being taken to task and may well lose his licence for the treatments he has provided for his patients. Most of the cases involve radical treatments on patient's who had failed all more conventional treatments and are death's door. His patients and their families have been vocal in their support. I know this is a different sort of case and that the anonymity of the child is critically important but I still wonder about what they think.

That poor little girl. Kansas is now added to the states that are on my "DO NOT MOVE" list.

Oh, and genie? Please either go to that thread in Chatter where you can whine about your butthurt (and don't you dare deny it because you are) or you can get your rear off FJ and find a new hobby. Is it really that hard to do?

And we end up in an argument because terminating pregnancy caused by incestuous rape of a mentally challenged 10 year old is controversial????

Really???

If the doctor needed to be less than honest in her records to get this thing done as quickly as possible in order to bypass some laws in Kansas, then the issue is that the law is immoral.

If the doctor needed to be less than honest in her records to get this thing done as quickly as possible in order to bypass some laws in Kansas, then the issue is that the law is immoral.

+1

When the law prohibits a doctor from performing a safe, legal abortion on a 10 year old, mentally disabled rape victim it is not a law that is meant to protect the children.

Not to cause a war I am just trying to understand

A: Does it say anywhere she was mentally challenged?

B: Does it make a difference?

C: If the 10 year old did not WANT an abortion would it make a difference?

Not to cause a war I am just trying to understand

A: Does it say anywhere she was mentally challenged?

B: Does it make a difference?

C: If the 10 year old did not WANT an abortion would it make a difference?

It can make a difference in being able to consent to medical procedures. Though I don't have an example at this age, I know that there was a case where a 20 year old with Downs was raped and got pregnant, and her parents (who had a conservatorship) were the ones who had to agree to the abortion since she wasn't able to understand the medical implications.

Archived