IGNORED

Abortion on a 10yo rape victim? Lose your licence in KS

Alecto

From gather.com:

Doctor Ann Neuhaus is under intense scrutiny and unfair treatment all because she didn't force a 10-year-old child to carry the product of incestuous rape. Leave it to the so-called pro-lifers in Kansas to be absolutely insane when it comes to their not-so-moral ideology. This is a pretty confusing case, but one thing is for certain—this woman is in trouble all because she took the proper stance when it came to caring for the victim of sexual abuse.

Apparently right wing ideology totally condones the forced pregnancy of not just women all over the country, but even children. No child should be forced to go through what the girl in this story went through, but idiots in Kansas wanted to one up the girl's uncle apparently and abuse her even further by forcing her into birthing her own first cousin. Doctor Neuhaus allowed for the child to get a medically necessary abortion. There are other allegations being thrown at the former assistant of slain abortionist George Tiller, but Kansas anti-choice types are really calling the abortion of a 10-year old (and other children) unnecessary. Neuhaus's response to this:

Apparently the state morons think it's more necessary to put the child through weeks of brain checks and psychiatric care to see if the abortion was "necessary"—but it's pretty obvious this is just a ploy to make the kid wait until it's too late to abort. Who the hell do they think they're fooling?

What do you expect from the home of the Westboro Baptist church, right?

Kansas' Board of Medicine includes the former attorney for Operation Rescue.

Another story on the incident from the Lawrence, KS paper makes it very clear this was a witch hunt by Operation Rescue.

Apparently they are pro-life and pro-child, unless the child is a pregnant, mentally retarded rape victim.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think any child has a medical necessity for abortion. Mortality is higher in very young mothers and it's not healthy for a growing body to be gestating another human being. This is sad that people are putting politics ahead of a child's welfare. Evidently, being pro-life is all about the fetus at the expense of women and children.

What the fuck is wrong with people????!! :evil:

I would not force ANY female to have a child she did not want - certainly not a TEN YEAR OLD WHO WAS RAPED!!

Further victimizing this poor baby (and she IS still a a baby!) does what? How can ANYONE look at this situation and think that their "loving Jesus" would want this to happen??

I need to go cry now...

They're totally pro-life, but that fact that pregnancy could kill a ten-year-old just doesn't matter to them. It's such bullshit.

Quite honestly, if it were one of MY daughters - I'd likely try to kill the bastard that raped her.

THAT, my friends, is JUSTICE.

Guest Anonymous

Jesus fuck! Can you imagine the damage that a pregnancy would do to a 10-year-old body? I know that people have had babies younger, but still... Fuck!

Because we all know a 10 year old giving birth is way safer than an abortion!!!!!!

Seriously, I can't help but wonder if the people attacking the doctor get some sort of sick thrill out of a 10 year being raped and getting pregnant.

Evidently, being pro-life is all about the fetus at the expense of women and children.

Bingo. 'Pro-life' is actually code for 'anti-woman.'

I'm so happy I got away from Kansas (that's how I think of it--escape). The anti-choicers and misogynists and bible thumpers are worse now than when I lived there.

According to THEIR bible, the sons of Jacob defended (and avenged) their raped sister, yet a 10 year old doesn't deserve protection?

Considering the impact that pregnancy can have on young people's bodies. Genital prolapse, maybe? To say nothing of the mental impact of a child unwillingly giving birth to another child. And a child that is the product of incestual rape? In my opinion, forcing a rape victim to carry the offspring to term is prolonging the rape- the unwilling use of their reproductive organs. I would go so far as to say that those opposing an abortion for this poor girl are rapists. :(

What the fuck? When, just when does "let's abuse an already traumatized child even more" ever sound like a good idea?!? The poor child has already suffered, and forcing her through a pregnancy she does not want, is going to help her...with what precisely? She's ten bloody years old. She's not ready to carry a pregnancy. From what I know it can wreak havoc on a grown woman, and that's not even looking into what this might have done to an already abused child's state of mind! :angry-cussingblack:

Please excuse me, while I weep for humanity.

Stop the freaking planet, I want off.

This. :angry-banghead: For the love of all that is noodly, WHY the fuck would anyone question that this is medically necessary for the child?? She is already going to need years of therapy to process and heal from what her (I don't quite have words for the kind of fucking monster who would rape a child) "uncle" put her through; aaaaaand the authorities in KS would have further traumatised her if they had their way. Dorothy, you should have stayed in Oz. Kansas is apparently not the state to live in if you have ovaries.

On the bright side, the baby can wear her mother's hand-me-downs, and play wither her toys. Seriously, how fucked up do you have to be a pro-lifer?

(Sidebar: I saw this earlier but didn't post it, because I knew Alecto would.)

From gather.com:

Kansas' Board of Medicine includes the former attorney for OpeCration Rescue.

Another story on the incident from the Lawrence, KS paper makes it very clear this was a witch hunt by Operation Rescue.

Apparently they are pro-life and pro-child, unless the child is a pregnant, mentally retarded rape victim.

I would like to know how they propose to do a brain scan (I suspect SPECT or PET, based on her being mentally retarded, or functional MRI. None of which should be performed on pregnant women (children). The radiopaque and radioactive dyes used for hte PET or Spect scans (and of course the radiation) is harmful to the fetus and the strong magnetic field is thought to be harmful to the fetus. So, they want to traumatize the little girl and potentially harm the fetus. Real pro-life, pro-child values there. Assholes.

The doctor did the right thing.

How could anyone, anywhere, think this is okay? :cry:

I'd like to get off at the next stop too, please.

“We have a job to do to make sure we are protecting the public and make sure people are following protocol, and that is first and foremost,†Corwin said.

Sure and by protecting the public, you mean controlling women and be sure they suffer the consequences of their promiscuity, whether imposed or freely chosen, uh?

I'm sure there must be a way for the uncle to have to pass kidney stones on purpose, or some giant thing through his ass, right?

ETA: I'm assuming that if the mom had wanted to take the daughter to another state it would have been illegal?

I could say this doesnt happen here in the UK but sadly it does too.

I am disgusted as this is a child and what is happening to her rapist I thought it was automaticilly a prison sentence for him or are they saying she asked for it yup there is judges out there that say a child can be alluring and so they deserve it. I think fucking not this is a child of 10 for fuck sake.

Pro life can go fuck off and do one this is beyond what they are saying they do. How would this go if it was there daughter oh thats fucking right she will endure this cos its right sod that fact this will fuck this kid up for life.

This reminds me of the nine year old in Brazil who was raped by her stepfather and became pregnant with twins. The oh so holy Catholic prelates in Brazil had no problem excommunicating the doctors and the mother of the girl after she got an abortion. But the stepfather?? He was forgiven for his rape.

*SPIT* Fuck that noise.

It has never been about pro life it is about Pushing and validating your beliefs on others. getting the government to validate your belief. Babies and mothers are just collateral damage in the war.

How is it possible that I live in the area and have not even heard of this story? We work and such in the city Tiller practiced and when they broke through on the radio news he had been killed at church people were actually Cheering in the street. OMG I was sick.

Apparently they are pro-life and pro-child, unless the child is a pregnant, mentally retarded rape victim -- this isn't always true either I know a child was raped in a group home. Her parents were not allowed to abort because the child couldn't speak and say she wanted it. She was a teen though which might of been why but still.

Archived