IGNORED

Zack Bates and Sarah Reith Courtship Kaput

NJMom

How do they explain the pieces of the heart deal with remarriage of a widow/er?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah is the reason that fundie women are given no choices, no opportunities. Look at what happens when a young fundie woman has a life: she can be picky, she won't jump at the first opportunity for marriage, she won't idealize and revere every man who comes along.

Sarah is not living in the boonies, homeschooling her siblings and pretending she liked it. She is out and about, playing, performing, receiving applause, meeting new people, perfecting her talent. She has choices, and she could look Zach Bates over and say, "Nah, I've got better things on my plate."

Zach should've picked someone like Bria Crawford (living in the boonies, no education, no job, homeschooling siblings, tyrannical mother). Bria would've jumped at the change to get out of there. Or Meredith, before she married--she was just dying for a headship to submit to.

Why on earth would Sarah pick Zach to go live in Tennessee and have 18 kids?

On the bright side, it is encouraging that Zach was attracted to Sarah. It shows he is attracted to confident, successful young women.

OH I remember that story! It was wonderful and I loved the sentiments in it. I really agree too. I rather have a cracked mosaic of a heart from lots of wonderful (and even not so wonderful) people I've had in my life, contributing and taking etc. Because they have all taught me something and made me who I am etc giving me lots of memories and appreaciation!

I'm off to try and find that story now, Thanks for the remind!

Not heard of this story but would love to read it.

ETA: Oops. Thanks for posting the story.

The story is not in the comment section so if it was posted, they already took it down. Wow. You wouldn't think that they would find that beautiful story threatening.

Sarah is the reason that fundie women are given no choices, no opportunities. Look at what happens when a young fundie woman has a life: she can be picky, she won't jump at the first opportunity for marriage, she won't idealize and revere every man who comes along.

Sarah is not living in the boonies, homeschooling her siblings and pretending she liked it. She is out and about, playing, performing, receiving applause, meeting new people, perfecting her talent. She has choices, and she could look Zach Bates over and say, "Nah, I've got better things on my plate."

Zach should've picked someone like Bria Crawford (living in the boonies, no education, no job, homeschooling siblings, tyrannical mother). Bria would've jumped at the change to get out of there. Or Meredith, before she married--she was just dying for a headship to submit to.

Why on earth would Sarah pick Zach to go live in Tennessee and have 18 kids?

On the bright side, it is encouraging that Zach was attracted to Sarah. It shows he is attracted to confident, successful young women.

Bolding mine: Remember that the daddies picked the youngsters for each other. I doubt they had much say in the initial choice, other than "Yes, father."

The story is not in the comment section so if it was posted, they already took it down. Wow. You wouldn't think that they would find that beautiful story threatening.

Oh I'm not stopping. I'll repost it. Hypocritical bastards. I'll just keep posting it every time I notice they take it down.

ETA: I still see it up there.

And it looks like it's been taken down, once again. Apparently, they enjoy preaching whatever Gothard stuffs down their throats as being the "right way" but if someone has an argument against, they don't want to explain it. Oh such maturity.

And it looks like it's been taken down, once again. Apparently, they enjoy preaching whatever Gothard stuffs down their throats as being the "right way" but if someone has an argument against, they don't want to explain it. Oh such maturity.

It's still showing up when I look at it from my computer.

I had always thought that on the Bates website, a message looked as though it was posted but it really wasn't till Kelly approved it.

In other words, say there were 0 comments. Then I post a message, "Go Bates!" I can see my Go Bates on the list of messages (it is the first and only one). But the comments still say 0 messages. I don't think that my message is visible to everyone -- only to me -- till she approves it. The same thing happens on the Always Learning website.

I had always thought that on the Bates website, a message looked as though it was posted but it really wasn't till Kelly approved it.

In other words, say there were 0 comments. Then I post a message, "Go Bates!" I can see my Go Bates on the list of messages (it is the first and only one). But the comments still say 0 messages. I don't think that my message is visible to everyone -- only to me -- till she approves it. The same thing happens on the Always Learning website.

I Xed out of the site and opened it in a new tab and it still shows. I don't mind reposting but I don't want to show up fifteen times and detract from the message

I Xed out of the site and opened it in a new tab and it still shows. I don't mind reposting but I don't want to show up fifteen times and detract from the message

Did you clear your cache?

Confession time. Gil Bates is cute. I wonder if he's good in bed. Okay, forget I said anything. Gonna go out for ice cream now.

I can't forget. He's short, stout and skeevy. Everything I DON'T want in a man.

This. SO much this.

The Bates site shows your comment as like waiting for approval to be published, it can't be seen by anyone else until they post it.

and yeah, Gil to me isn't attractive, but whatever floats your goat ;-)

Confession time. Gil Bates is cute. I wonder if he's good in bed. Okay, forget I said anything. Gonna go out for ice cream now.

OK, so he doen't float everyone's boat, but he has gone by the nickname "Hot Fundie Gil" over at TWOP.

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com ... 2&st=25410

He does have a nice little crooked smile sometimes. As long as he doesn't start talking....

He's not good in bed. In order for someone--male or female--to be good in bed, they need to care about the sexual pleasure of their partner. Gil subscribes to a philosophy where women don't really HAVE sexual needs/desires, or if they do, they are either sinful or not equal to a man's. Any way you slice it, the only pleasure that is truly important in the sexual act is his. After all, YOUR orgasm is irrelevant to the babymaking process, but HIS is necessary. Doesn't that mean that in God's perfect sexual design, the man MUST be satisfied whereas the woman's satisfaction is merely excess? :roll:

Edited for riffle

Oh I'm not stopping. I'll repost it. Hypocritical bastards. I'll just keep posting it every time I notice they take it down.

ETA: I still see it up there.

Is it wrong that I'm really excited for the TLC Bates fan page to start so we can post the shit out of it?

I can't believe no one has commented on the huge typo on the blog entry. Kelly, please tell me, what is "mecy?" :lol:

I like this story very much. I would like to pin it so that I can remember it - but I am not sure how to do so (or even if this is allowed/possible). If someone could let me know how to save this story I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I just posted it on facebook (so if anyone here knows me in real life you just found me out! haha) so I'll have it and so I could share it with others. As for pinterest, I looked to see if anyone has it pinned and I couldn't find it.

Hey, I can't help who turns me on. It just happens. I am a sucker for a baby face.

While I don't find him attractive at all, I have been known to find really odd guys hot, so I get it.....I like Seth Rogan, even heavy Seth.

He's not good in bed. In order for someone--male or female--to be good in bed, they need to care about the sexual pleasure of their partner. Gil subscribes to a philosophy where women don't really HAVE sexual needs/desires, or if they do, they are either sinful or not equal to a man's. Any way you slice it, the only pleasure that is truly important in the sexual act is his. After all, YOUR orgasm is irrelevant to the babymaking process, but HIS is necessary. Doesn't that mean that in God's perfect sexual design, the man MUST be satisfied whereas the woman's satisfaction is merely excess? :roll:

Edited for riffle

That's just silly. You have no way of knowing any of that. I had a one night stand with an evangelical Baptist once. He was good. Really good.

God knows why I remembered this, but didn't Jimboob in his "advice" to Smuggar talk about how women take longer to get interested? Let's hope Gil is at least into foreplay.

I guess the answer is probably into whatever fundie-approved book/video Smuggar had to listen to/watch on his way to their honeymoon hotel.

Archived