IGNORED

Joy & Austin 15: Standing for the Fetus

choralcrusader8613

9 minutes ago, IamNIKE said:

I'm in no, way shape, or form lining up to just blindly drink any Kool-Aid....I'm just saying that if she is unsupervised at any point, she can probably sneak off. I've seen people do far more with much less freedom. And there's NO way she can be 100% supervised at all times. 

Right. That's why no one is saying it's impossible.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Hisey said:

MAYBE not enough to call CPS? CPS would laugh at something like that. They are dealing with babies lying in their cribs for days, covered in poop. Or 8 year olds living in run down drug houses with no food in the house. That kind of neglect. Even then the kid doesn't always get removed. 

You realize that I was responding to the person who said CPS should be called? I only speculated that there wasn’t enough cause based on how the original poster described the situation without giving any details. I was only offering up a scenario where CPS shouldn’t be involved, but not having any first-hand knowledge of the situation, I wasn’t claiming any certainty, thus the use of the word “maybe.”

7 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

...snipped....."I promise to love, honor and obeeeyyyy???? you?" I laugh at his face everytime I watch it. :my_huh:

Why do I suddenly hear the Maxhell Family Singers belting out Trust and Obeeeeeeeyyyyyyy? #earworm 

6 hours ago, IamNIKE said:

Now I'm second guessing all the times I tell Mr. Nike he smells good. I say it a lot....but maybe there's hope for me....was it the way that he said it or that he said it at all?! hahaha

If you don't do it with a camera crew in the room, you're good. 

23 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

If you don't do it with a camera crew in the room, you're good. 

But if you do it with a camera crew in the room, you are GOLDEN!

I'm quite surprised that a Duggarling hasn't considered selling that one yet.

7 hours ago, IamNIKE said:

Now I'm second guessing all the times I tell Mr. Nike he smells good. I say it a lot....but maybe there's hope for me....was it the way that he said it or that he said it at all?! hahaha

Oh, it was the timing and way he said it. Not what I imagine you want to say in front of a camera in a church right after getting your first look at your bride. 

Joy seems to have had more freedom driving about and going places on her own.  Yes, sometimes she was filmed, which means there was someone filming, but in the past, even with a film crew, the kids always had an accountability partner.  Also sometimes it feels like they are using a camera on a stick ,(sorry, don't know the technical name for it), and are just mounting it in the car while they drive and they don't have an actual camera person there. 

If joy had more freedom to move about, I suspect it is partly because there are fewer older girl buddies available to go with her.  Jana has to stay home to watch the littles, and the boys probably don't want to fun errands with Joy.  Plus perhaps this means that JB and M are starting to loosen their grip a bit. 

There is a far cry from Joy driving somewhere alone, to sneaking off and having pre-marital sex.  All things are possible, but only a few things are probable. 

Am I the only one who was actually surprised by Joy being so "bold" with her feelings in the final interview!! I actually laughed because Austin almost looked scared! (Not really but you get my point) it seems as if the other girls were a little more reserved but Joy was ready to "attack him and kiss". She literally couldn't keep her hands off of him! I say good for you Joy!
Also the hay/straw/whatever that was - horrible. Those decorations were a hot mess to me.

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

Also sometimes it feels like they are using a camera on a stick ,(sorry, don't know the technical name for it), and are just mounting it in the car while they drive and they don't have an actual camera person there. 

I've noticed this too and wondered if maybe TLC has dropped the budget a bit from the 19 kids days or even since the beginning of Counting On? It can't be easy keeping up with the famil when they are all over the place and even though they do re shoot moments they didn't properly get, they might just not have the time/money to get all the footage they need with the camera crew. I understood why they wouldn't send cameras when Jill&Derick were in Central America but their are some moments even with the family members in the US that seem like there wasn't a film crew around? Or maybe its just because its easier to film in the car with a mounted camera and I'm just reading WAY too far in to it.

I'm just gonna pop this in here, and take it or leave it. Mods if you want to share it to other posts please feel free.

I've had my share of bad opinions here, and taken the virtual slap on the wrist. Also you have to keep in mind both how things read in relation to context, and board culture. People here are generally nice but you have to know the ground you are treading on, which is why its recommended to read here a LOT before you post. This board has not seen this kind of drama in the entire 2+ years I've been here and having to read through pages of arguments is neither entertaining or informative. And, as lesson learned, I'm going to censure the rest of my thought and stop here.

I’m just catching up on this thread. A couple pages back , parenting styles were mentioned. All my life I seriously assumed a lot of women parented similar to the way THEY were parented. I say women because that’s what I’ve personally seen in my own family and friends. However I’ve noticed that with dad’s the men I personally know who grew up with mostly absent fathers , or no father figure. Men like my husband who’s parents divorced before he was a year old. His biggest fear was failing at fatherhood. He had no examples on how to be a Dad.  Yet he was the most hands on involved Dad I’d ever know. Which says a lot because my own dad was pretty freaking the best dad ever ,

As a Dad to our kids when they were young he was a great dad except he was not the disciplinary type. Which made me the bad guy almost always. However 3 of our 4 are adults and I have a lot issues with his parenting of them now that they are adults. But that’s beside the point.

My daughters husband was a ok Dad in the beginning. He had a Dad 100% in his life but he was just kinda there in the Dad dept for the first 18 months. That’s changed now he is basically the sole parent of my now 5 year old grandson. 

However her baby daddy #2 who had zero interest in having kids. Had never even held a child , let alone a infant before. Who really didn’t even want the baby at first. He was raised by a single mom , she never married had 2 boys by different men. He saw his dad maybe once in his childhood. So he feared he couldn’t be a Dad period. He didn’t even have a grandfather or any male figures period in his life. Plus he’s a black man who unfortantly have the statistics at least in our area of being the least involved dadS. This guy however is truthfully so hands on and everything revolves around his son totally. It blows me away the total change in this man. He doesn’t even have legal rights to his son, he wasn’t allowed on the birth certificate he can’t even easily be added at this point.  

However my daughter who was wonderful kids as a teen. Her life goal was to be a mom. She was exactly like I was as a teen. My youngest brother was 13 years younger then me. And in many ways I call him my first baby. I was obsessed with him. I had my youngest daughter when my oldest was also 13. Our sons were 10 and 8 . Just like I did my oldest couldn’t get enough of her sister. Just like myself the hardest thing she did in her short life was getting married and leaving her baby sister. Which was also one of my hardest points in life. When she finally had her first son she as expected was the greatest mom. 

Fast forward to present day... he oldest son her pride and joy has been pretty much with his dad since he was 18 months old. She has joint custody but I can not even remember the last time she even showed up to get him like scheduled. So I can’t even recall when I last got to see him. Her 2nd son well she was never the mom he deserved. She’d pawn him off on anyone the minute his daddy left for work. Picking him before Dad returned. DAd was in denial still is on what a shorty mom she is. This child though has been with me for over a year. She called me when he was 15 months old and said come and take him or I’ll end up losing him to the state. She didn’t even call to check on him for 6 months. Yet his dad rode a bike in sub zero temps to see his son daily. To this day she pops in and out of his life. She not seen him in a month. To tired , sick excuses never end. She’s truly a worthless mother. She doesn’t even deserve the title. It’s so hard on me to understand why ? I mean I refused to even leave her or her siblings with anyone ever. Grandma had to beg to get me to let them out of my site. I mean when I worked I even got a job that allowed me to TAKE my kids with me. I’ve gone on to long, today was a day where I stupidly asked my daughter if she wanted to see her child. It ended badly and I’m feeling it’s a lost cause , I don’t get how or why she’s like this. Or how it happens when she was NOT ever neglected as a kid . She had a role model she knew how to mother. So the entire history often repeats itself theroy I always had . Was proved wrong in dad’s I know  , but worst of all in my own daughter . 

2 hours ago, sassyNoz47 said:

(snip)

I’m feeling it’s a lost cause , I don’t get how or why she’s like this. Or how it happens when she was NOT ever neglected as a kid . She had a role model she knew how to mother. So the entire history often repeats itself theroy I always had . Was proved wrong in dad’s I know  , but worst of all in my own daughter . 

I'm so sorry to hear that, but also glad to hear that the dads and you stepped up!

6 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I'm just gonna pop this in here, and take it or leave it. Mods if you want to share it to other posts please feel free.

I've had my share of bad opinions here, and taken the virtual slap on the wrist. Also you have to keep in mind both how things read in relation to context, and board culture. People here are generally nice but you have to know the ground you are treading on, which is why its recommended to read here a LOT before you post. This board has not seen this kind of drama in the entire 2+ years I've been here and having to read through pages of arguments is neither entertaining or informative. And, as lesson learned, I'm going to censure the rest of my thought and stop here.

We all get a spanking now and then. I got mine yesterday. I can't tell you how many posts I wrote, and deleted to responses, but eventually, I was like, why am I getting so twisted up over people I don't know,or even like. Then I was channeled my inner Elsa and LET IT GO. :special-snowflake2:

I thought the back drop altar area was bizarre from the few pics I saw at the time. Now looking at the professional photos of the day, it looks even weirder. :| 

So about this first kiss nonsense... anyone know if you can use gel nail polish without the UV light thingy? I accidentally got a bottle of the gel stuff instead of regular, but I really love the color (a taupe-y purple, very autumnal) and I don't want to just toss it. Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

So about this first kiss nonsense... anyone know if you can use gel nail polish without the UV light thingy? I accidentally got a bottle of the gel stuff instead of regular, but I really love the color (a taupe-y purple, very autumnal) and I don't want to just toss it. Thoughts?

If I remember correctly, with the gel they sell in the store, you have to buy a topcoat bottle (It's usually sold in the packaging with the gel, but is completely black), and that works in place of the UV light. I'm sure you could just use the gel as regular nail polish too, if you don't have the top coat.

Joy was beautiful and she looks very happy. Wow, that’s a large wedding party. I had three attendants; my two best friends and that friend for whom I was maid of honour and felt obligated to ask.  Indeed, I couldn’t even have found that many bridesmaids, unless I advertised for some on Facebook or something, which didn’t exist then, so, no.  But I grew up with just two brothers and a grand total of (give me a sec) nine cousins.  These large families boggle my mind.  

Oh, and the guys looked very nice in their actual suits. 

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

I really wouldn't. It doesn't settle as nicely without the light. And this is coming from someone whose sister paints her nails every other night a new color/gel. 

10 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

You can order very cheap UV light thingies from China.

Here in Europe it takes a few weeks before they arrive but it works fine. Must be possible to ship it to the US as well.

@MargaretElliott it probably depends on the brand- I would just google it to be sure. I have a couple that do no require any UV light. They last about 5 days before chipping. I do put just a basic clear top coat on though. 

@MargaretElliott Depends on the brand, most "gel" ones at drugstore don't need a light. You can always return it, or take it with you to the salon and just do a color change (no manicure). Besides that I always snatch up revlon's no chip topcoat when it's on sale, that stuff is magic in keeping my talons looking demure.

I only get gel manis. Its worth the extra few bucks for me. No chipping, no nothing until I get it taken off at my next mani/pedi. The gel is tough enough to stand up to working on my car...put a serpentine belt on just a day or so after a mani...and if you've ever dealt with that belt, you'd know there's not a helluva lot of room for hands....loosen the tension pulley, put the damn belt around all the damn pulleys going in the right damn direction (crank/waterpump is a fkn nightmare in my Mustang)...pray like hell it's on right, tighten the tension pulley and start the car...with fingers crossed. My hands looked like greasy hamburger but my nails still looked great.

Here we're getting to the time of year when pedis aren't really required, it's cooled  off enough to wear regular shoe instead of sandals/flip flops most of the time. I'll probably still get pedis until the end of November and start back up in March...

Thank God I just started a new full time job so I can once again afford the necessary "girl stuff"...w/o asking hubby for the $ (he's never said no but I hate asking). 

I currently have a dark red gel with a glitter overcoat to match the anniversary present bling...I'll probably stay in the same red/glitter family for awhile. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived