IGNORED

Joy & Austin 15: Standing for the Fetus

choralcrusader8613

This is a pic of Duchess Catherine last night, she is due in early march just like Joy....what a difference....... 

an132487587london-united-ki.jpg

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she's been puking her guts out though so that might explain some of the difference.  She's a classy looking lady though. 

Uh, yeah, the Duchess of Cambridge has a completely different body type than Joy, is about six inches taller, carried very much on the 'small' side during her previous pregnancies, and has been suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum which causes several bouts of vomiting per day and can lead to severe weight loss and dehydration. What's the point of comparing their 'bump' sizes? It just smacks of body shaming in both directions.

p.s. we don't know when the Duchess of Cambridge is due. Could be early March. Could be early May.

29 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Uh, yeah, the Duchess of Cambridge has a completely different body type than Joy, is about six inches taller, carried very much on the 'small' side during her previous pregnancies, and has been suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum which causes several bouts of vomiting per day and can lead to severe weight loss and dehydration. What's the point of comparing their 'bump' sizes? It just smacks of body shaming in both directions.

p.s. we don't know when the Duchess of Cambridge is due. Could be early March. Could be early May.

YES!  They have to pretty much annouce she's pregnant as soon as she starts puking which is probably around 6 weeks. Hints are she's due late March early April where as Joy is due around Mid Feb so Kate would be 6 to 8 weeks behind Joy, if all the speculation is true on when both are due.

Yeah let's not go comparing bumps. There was already a long discussion on how women carry differently after Joy first announced. And in my experience, women who carry smaller don't really like it when people point that out. There may just naturally carry smaller or there may be a medical condition that is causing them to carry smaller and they may be feeling guilty about not showing "properly" or gaining enough weight. Likewise someone may be carrying larger due to a medical condition and again already feeling badly about it. So basically you should avoid commenting on a woman's size while pregnant (and any other time). 

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:45 PM, Four is Enough said:

Pretty sure that Jinger serves the Baaaabbe in all things. It's only pants wearing or delaying (IF they are delaying) pregnancy in which they differ. I'd lay money on it.

Oh yeah, he's still fundy, he's just a fundy who believes in birth control and pants, and a little wine with dinner.

2 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Yeah let's not go comparing bumps. There was already a long discussion on how women carry differently after Joy first announced. And in my experience, women who carry smaller don't really like it when people point that out. There may just naturally carry smaller or there may be a medical condition that is causing them to carry smaller and they may be feeling guilty about not showing "properly" or gaining enough weight. Likewise someone may be carrying larger due to a medical condition and again already feeling badly about it. So basically you should avoid commenting on a woman's size while pregnant (and any other time). 

I'm the same women, I carried HUGE with my 1st, I retained a lot of fluid (over 30 pounds of it) and gained about 30 pounds, My son was 4 weeks early weight 8lbs and I looked like I was 2 weeks over due when I gave birth. With my 2nd I was 5 months along before I started to show, and while I got pretty big starting about 7 months, I did have a 9lb 2 oz baby 2 weeks early, I had the straight out belly (where if you are standing behind me you can't tell I'm pregnant it was straight out) and I gained about 25 pounds and didn't have any water weight.  Same woman same baby daddy 2 pregnancies 2 BIG babies and I had 2 very different baby bumps.

1 hour ago, Incognito22 said:

I think she's been puking her guts out though so that might explain some of the difference.  She's a classy looking lady though. 

but still....the baby grows and she was a lot skinnier than Joy to begin with.....maybe Joy just eats too much :pizza:

1 minute ago, karen77 said:

The Duchess has a very long torso, Joy has a very short one, that in itself will lead to a totally different size "bump"

I did not want to start a discussion....just showing how different they look  ....and you are right, that could be a reason too why they look so different at that stage....I still think joy looks huge though....maybe we are in for a twin surprise :my_blush:

5 minutes ago, NanisBlessing said:

but still....the baby grows and she was a lot skinnier than Joy to begin with.....maybe Joy just eats too much :pizza:

Or maybe we just not worry about what Joy is eating. This again is getting into body shaming a young pregnant woman.

All the Duggar daughters have carried heavy. I think it's because they need to show off how godly their pregnancy is so they arch their backs and probably indulge more. That's fine. The only one that I bet doesn't do that is Jinger. 

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Or maybe we just not worry about what Joy is eating. This again is getting into body shaming a young pregnant woman.

I was not bodyshaming at all....that's why I put the smiley there....I think Joy is beautiful and not fat at all......she just has a huge bump

This is a pic of Duchess Catherine last night, she is due in early march just like Joy....what a difference....... 

an132487587london-united-ki.thumb.jpg.77d529735526ae8afbde11155ae810a4.jpg

Duchess Catherine is insanely tall though (small person here). I once stood next to her wax figure, it seemed insane to me. Joy is pretty short.

6 minutes ago, Jaeniduggar said:

Duchess Catherine is insanely tall though (small person here). I once stood next to her wax figure, it seemed insane to me. Joy is pretty short.

She's 5'9"/5'10" (~177 centimeters). 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

All the Duggar daughters have carried heavy. I think it's because they need to show off how godly their pregnancy is so they arch their backs and probably indulge more. That's fine. The only one that I bet doesn't do that is Jinger. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Jinger carries similarly to Alyssa Bates one day.

She's 5'9"/5'10" (~177 centimeters). 

Plus high heels she wears everywhere. I am 5'2" on the morning of a really good day, so she towered over me at Madame Tussauds. She was also wearing a Christmas Sweater. She looked still classy af in it [emoji36][emoji23]

3 hours ago, NanisBlessing said:

I was not bodyshaming at all....that's why I put the smiley there....I think Joy is beautiful and not fat at all......she just has a huge bump

They are two women with very different body types, very different medical histories, and access to very different resources. Joy looks perfectly fine for how far along she is. So does Duchess Catherine. Comparing their bodies (whether pregnant or not) is ridiculous and, frankly, quite rude. 

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

They are two women with very different body types, very different medical histories, and access to very different resources. Joy looks perfectly fine for how far along she is. So does Duchess Catherine. Comparing their bodies (whether pregnant or not) is ridiculous and, frankly, quite rude. 

Totally off topic here, but I cannot tell you how crazy it drives me that People magazine constantly refers to Kate as Princess Kate.

She.is.not.a.princess.  (Yet)

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

But @VelociRapture, she didn't mean to body shame... that's why she put a smiley there! Because nothing says 'I'm not body shaming this person' like the words, "maybe Joy just eats too much" followed by an animated smiley chowing down on a giant slice of pizza.

I'm surprised the Duchess has any bump showing at all. Her face looks a bit thinner. I'm impressed she is out and about. She has excellent care and help of course. 

Joy was never stick thin anyway. When i think of older episodes she always had a bit more meat on her bones. And nothing is wrong with that. Puberty is awful and so glad i don't have to do that crap again.

Plus I was a fellow fat kid & that followed me into adulthood.... So now that i'm pregnant, I get to blame my belly on the kid LOL

Nothing wrong with the fact that different women with different shapes carry the baby differently. I'm just so over the ones that publicize "look at me! look at me! my abs are back 10 minutes after i gave birth". Good for you. Go have a cookie!

#teamchubrubs :pb_lol:

Women do carry differently, but even if you were to compare Joy and Kate, the angles are different in the photos posted here, as are the clothes and the way they stand. Dugger girls love to arch their backs and wear tighter clothing to accentuate their bumps in pictures. Kate has very good posture, and designers who tailor her clothes just for her.

So... why even bother? Every woman is different, and that's what makes us (and life) interesting. I think women, in general, need to stop comparing our bodies with other women and learn to be comfortable in our own skin and love ourselves for who we are.

Women carry insanely differently, and a lot of it is just genetic/body type. Eric Trump's wife looked barely pregnant at 9 months. Meanwhile, my mom was ENORMOUS (like, looked like she could have had triplets). So...I can probably look forward to carrying like the Duggars. :pb_lol:

The Duggars don't just "carry big", they have huge babies, period. 

Did I hear that Kate and William announced that the baby is a girl?

If this is true, she wouldn't be due in May- just saying.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived