IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, elliha said:

I see how Lawson would work himself in somehow and pose with a new be a  tool in each episode.

Fixed that for ya

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawson would be the centre of attention of each episode, he will sing a blessing upon the house!

Please just let this be true! It would be the perfect combination of Jesus, home decorating and pure comedy. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:41 PM, Oh_Dear! said:

honestly, with all the Bates combined, they could have quite a nice real estate business... Chad does renovation, Kelton does plumbing, Evan (hopefully) will soon be doing electrical, John does HVAC (isn't that what he does for his day job?), Gil/Trace to do the lawn and tree maintenance, Erin can stage it (I know she's not everyone's cup o' tea, but she does a decent job), Alyssa can clean it for open house, and Whitney to sell it...  

it looks like part of this did come true Chad and his friend renovated the place and then Erin staged it for sale. here is the episode recap from Ellie talking about it. 

http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2018/03/fixin-for-new-beginnings-recap.html

On 3/20/2018 at 8:42 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This was their bedroom and here is a blog to how they decorated when they first married and were childless:

http://chadanderin.com/2014/02/18/our-lil-home/

IMG_7409.JPG

I will never forget this room (or Jessa's reaction to it, which I thought was hysterical. She low key wanted to talk some shit about it) This looks like a room for a three year old girl.

59 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I will never forget this room (or Jessa's reaction to it, which I thought was hysterical. She low key wanted to talk some shit about it) This looks like a room for a three year old girl.

Luckily Erin seems to change her decorating about every 6-12 months so it doesn't look like this now. I feel like she had to get this out of her system because she had always wanted it as a child. Once she got this pink mess out of her system, her tastes evolved into much more mature looks.

I get why people snark on the bedroom, but to me its just another indication of quiverful fundie families trying to avoid raising individual adults. 

I've always been very girly, loved pink and traditionally feminine things, and had more childish interests compared to many girls in my peer group (played with dolls longer, wasn't interested in makeup until later, etc).  Though my mom wouldn't let me paint my bedroom walls pink because "I'd grow out of it" (still waiting for that), I still got to decorate with hot pink/frills/a canopy. If you imagine buttercream yellow walls instead of pink, Erin's room was my room until I was about 12, and even then the pink remained. So while I think saying Erin's room is only for tiny children is a little harsh, it does look like a young person's room, but we've discussed how fundie girls are arrested in maturity at about 14/16 and then expected to be wives and moms almost instantly after marriage. Erin had to share a room with umpteen other godly "girls," was not allowed to have individuality, and so she ran with it when she got married. Even if it looks weird to us, I say good for Erin for decorating how she always wanted and living out a childhood fantasy, even though it was delayed, and good for Chad for allowing her to do so (he is headship after all). 

That being said, Chad and Erin are my pet fundies so I have soft spots for them. They have terrible beliefs, even celebrating Gothard at their wedding, are probably irresponsibly quiverful, etc. BUT in this instance I'm happy Erin got to have that room for a bit and wanted to offer that side. 

1 minute ago, neurogirl said:

I get why people snark on the bedroom, but to me its just another indication of quiverful fundie families trying to avoid raising individual adults. 

I've always been very girly, loved pink and traditionally feminine things, and had more childish interests compared to many girls in my peer group (played with dolls longer, wasn't interested in makeup until later, etc).  Though my mom wouldn't let me paint my bedroom walls pink because "I'd grow out of it" (still waiting for that), I still got to decorate with hot pink/frills/a canopy. If you imagine buttercream yellow walls instead of pink, Erin's room was my room until I was about 12, and even then the pink remained. So while I think saying Erin's room is only for tiny children is a little harsh, it does look like a young person's room, but we've discussed how fundie girls are arrested in maturity at about 14/16 and then expected to be wives and moms almost instantly after marriage. Erin had to share a room with umpteen other godly "girls," was not allowed to have individuality, and so she ran with it when she got married. Even if it looks weird to us, I say good for Erin for decorating how she always wanted and living out a childhood fantasy, even though it was delayed, and good for Chad for allowing her to do so (he is headship after all). 

That being said, Chad and Erin are my pet fundies so I have soft spots for them. They have terrible beliefs, even celebrating Gothard at their wedding, are probably irresponsibly quiverful, etc. BUT in this instance I'm happy Erin got to have that room for a bit and wanted to offer that side. 

no matter what the Bates or Duggars say there is no way those girls want to share a room two other instances besides the Erin thing back that up for me. 1. after Micheal married the girls said that it would no longer be allowed for a girl in courtship to decorate the room with their SO's image and gifts ect... I guess Micheal had it all over the room.  then there was the time the older Duggar girls repainted the girls dorm and Jenni about had a melt down because they painted over the horse that was on the wall. 

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Luckily Erin seems to change her decorating about every 6-12 months so it doesn't look like this now. I feel like she had to get this out of her system because she had always wanted it as a child. Once she got this pink mess out of her system, her tastes evolved into much more mature looks.

The room looks horrible in my opinion, but somehow I always liked Erin for fulfilling this childhood dream. Chad was so cool with it, because he knew that it would make her happy and I appreciated that a lot.

Something about Erin irks me, she tries too hard to be Lil' Miss Perfect. Every now & then she shows glimpses of her real self. Like the way she snarky with her mother when they were helping Michael redecorate. Also when they were at the baby store next to the bridal shop. On a funny note, just noticed that Carlin's rt. eye gets stuck or cross @ times. Has anybody else noticed?

On 3/24/2018 at 3:05 AM, Baca said:

On a funny note, just noticed that Carlin's rt. eye gets stuck or cross @ times. Has anybody else noticed?

If true, it really isn't funny.

@BacaI was diagnosed with intermittent esotropia a few years ago. It basically means a certain muscle in my eyes doesn’t work right and so one of my eyes overcorrects when I look at something in the distance. I end up with a cross eyed look and bad double vision as a result. It’s been corrected thanks to a special insert for my glasses, but it’s something I’m still really self conscious about. So I agree with @Hisey. If Carlin has something going on with her eyes then I really don’t think it’s something to laugh about or poke fun at.

In case anyone was wondering how Erin was going to pinterest her kids' room in preperation for adding another.

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

In case anyone was wondering how Erin was going to pinterest her kids' room in preperation for adding another.

Other then those thick gray curtains I kinda like it.

3 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Other then those thick gray curtains I kinda like it.

I'm BEC because why would you purchase a toddler sized trundle bed instead of a twin size to match the day bed? Your kids are going to grow..

39 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm BEC because why would you purchase a toddler sized trundle bed instead of a twin size to match the day bed? Your kids are going to grow..

chad made it. so I'm sure he'll make a bigger one as they grow.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The dresser is in the way. You couldn't pull out a full twin. That room is tiny. A twin trundle wouldn't fit. 

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Why would you spend thousands of dollars renovating your rental property that's only got two bedrooms when you have every intention of having 19 kids if God allows it and have fairly strict gender views the older they get?

These and many more questions on the next episode of Bringing Up Bates!

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The dresser is in the way. You couldn't pull out a full twin. That room is tiny. A twin trundle wouldn't fit. 

So move the dresser lol

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So move the dresser lol

there is no room the closet is on the other side of the bed and even if it wasn't the kids books are against that wall. 

this is from the ellie blog recap of tonight's episode and now I feel really bad for Erin. 

Erin recalls her own wedding shower, as she and Whitney help the Keilens decorate: “I don’t know if I take it as a personal thing because we planned for 150 to 200 people to be at my wedding shower, made all this food, sent out all these invitations. Nobody came except for nine people, y’all.”

56 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

there is no room the closet is on the other side of the bed and even if it wasn't the kids books are against that wall. 

this is from the ellie blog recap of tonight's episode and now I feel really bad for Erin. 

Erin recalls her own wedding shower, as she and Whitney help the Keilens decorate: “I don’t know if I take it as a personal thing because we planned for 150 to 200 people to be at my wedding shower, made all this food, sent out all these invitations. Nobody came except for nine people, y’all.”

I wonder why so few showed up. It's not like it's a shower for Jill Rod. By that time the Bates family had been on TV and the Paines were well known in the ATI groups. You would think a lot of people would show up since it was a sort of celebrity family. 

While I like the initial idea of the nursery: beige, mint and blush, I think the way they executed it isn’t my taste at all. Doesn’t have to be though.

The room seems dark (because of the darker beige colours) and the mint and blush a tad to flashy for me. There is a lot going on but that doesn’t bother me as much as the colours. 

In regards to the size: I wouldn’t call it ideal but I think they could manage till four kids.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived