IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

Her tweet reminds me of a a church sign I saw every summer in South Carolina.  

"Stop drop and roll doesn't work in hell"

We passed that sign on our free nights as camp counselors on the way to our night out.  Fire and brimstone is lost on me and I'm Christian.   The humor of the sign wasn't though.  

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Hey, he worked all day coming up with that one!

He stole that from a meme.  I saw it!  Ha!  Busted. Lol

12 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I can definitely see how Jill and Derek would think Izzy is being manipulative. Their religion revolves around original sin. Everyone is born inherently sinful. They can look at their precious newborn and see sin.

I though that was a Catholic thing and the fundies hate the baby baptism and well anything Catholic. 

9 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Hello folks. 

Still amid the aftermath of the wedding - including trying to survive family visit (his side), until tomorrow without actually braining anyone. Since I am currently making from scratch the pie and mash my new BIL expressly requested, just like the last three meals he requested then refused (apparently 'Dad has a policy to never eat anything made by anyone British or Irish because he doesn't trust the food'), but I promised

Say WHAT?!  How rude.  Why is he requesting food fron Irish you than?  I'm sorry, how insulting.   What nationality is he so superior about? 

26 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

He stole that from a meme.  I saw it!  Ha!  Busted. Lol

I though that was a Catholic thing and the fundies hate the baby baptism and well anything Catholic. 

Protestants still believe in original sin. Just some Protestants (like Baptists) believe you must actively choose baptism as an adult.

3 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Catholics believe in original sin but they don't think that a baby is is sinful. They believe in pedobaptism as a way to wash away the original sin a become part of the body of Christ aka the Catholic Church. But they don't think a child habitually commits sins or that you need to spank their evil nature out of them, quite the contrary in fact they believe that children are born innocent and the world corrupts them as they grow up and learn to be deceitful, duplicitous sinners, if you don't educate them in the RCC morality. For Catholics in general children are more innocent and less able to commit sin than adults.

I think you mistook the concept of original sin with the vipers in diapers idea that is absolutely not Catholic. In Catholicism childhood simplicity and ignorance aren't considered as signs of evilness but of innocence.

13 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Hey Cathy, will burning for eternity make me well done or extra tasty crispy? 

I hope there'll be bacon...........

I like my bacon extra crispy. 

That's more what I meant. I'm not sure the wording they use but I definitely think they believe their young children are inherently sinful. Every action they disapprove of is a sign of the devil's stranglehold on their life. 

Cathy could be feeling the need to support Derick. After all he even made Time magazine as one of the bad things that happened that week. (I just noticed this when I was at my parent's last week).

Really love this forum, I get to read up all findies stuff :) Gotten advice on how to watch Bringing up Bates and Counting in :)

In the Duggar/Bates world everythung is a sin... I feel sorry for them..

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Cathy could be feeling the need to support Derick. After all he even made Time magazine as one of the bad things that happened that week. (I just noticed this when I was at my parent's last week).

I have a hard time usually poopooing on a mother being protective of her child, even when they are adults. But these two are just such horrible people, she needs to slap him upside the head and tell him to stop being an asshole, not encourage him to be one.

Nah, she's not protecting him.

I've been following Cathy's twitter for a while and she posts stuff like this fairly often. Along with pro-Trump tweets and lame riddles.

4 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@laPapessaGiovanna,  just posting to tell you I love the term "vipers in diapers" to describe how they tend to view children.  Their point of view makes me sick!

I think it's a Voldemort Voddie Baucham quote.

14 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Say WHAT?!  How rude.  Why is he requesting food fron Irish you than?  I'm sorry, how insulting.   What nationality is he so superior about? 

He would be one of the European relatives.

At least, his parting gambit was "We're not always easy". I'm taking that as an apology - or at least an acknowledgement.

9 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I thought bacon was a given? ...and all that makes bacon even more awesome (apologies Jewish friends).

6 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

YAY Time!

So I’m not an expert, Ive only been an official Jew for 9 months, but I believe there is no Jewish hell.  Surprisingly its more of a reincarnation thing going on.  I read a book where they explained it as our soul has to climb a ladder to reach a peaceful afterlife and G-d.  Each life cycle is a rung on the ladder, you can go both up or down depending on your actions in each life.  

I also particularly love that they have a belief that I have always been Jewish, this cycle I got sent sent to the wrong family.  

7 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

So I’m not an expert, Ive only been an official Jew for 9 months, but I believe there is no Jewish hell.  Surprisingly its more of a reincarnation thing going on.  I read a book where they explained it as our soul has to climb a ladder to reach a peaceful afterlife and G-d.  Each life cycle is a rung on the ladder, you can go both up or down depending on your actions in each life.  

I also particularly love that they have a belief that I have always been Jewish, this cycle I got sent sent to the wrong family.  

I would be very interested in reading this book.  I have never heard of any type of reincarnation for Jews.  

But yes, I also understand that we do not have a hell.  Judaism is not very focused on the afterlife, which is uncommon for modern religion.  

5 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I would be very interested in reading this book.  I have never heard of any type of reincarnation for Jews.  

But yes, I also understand that we do not have a hell.  Judaism is not very focused on the afterlife, which is uncommon for modern religion.  

It was one of the books I had to read in my year leading up to my conversion.  I can look for you this week and send you a PM :562479574e583_32(16):

And yes I am aware its not talked about much, nor is there a lot of specifics.  My Rabbi doesn’t have a hard answer to what happens to you, he says to focus on whats happening in your life now is a better use your energy. 

1 minute ago, LovelyLuna said:

It was one of the books I had to read in my year leading up to my conversion.  I can look for you this week and send you a PM :562479574e583_32(16):

And yes I am aware its not talked about much, nor is there a lot of specifics.  My Rabbi doesn’t have a hard answer to what happens to you, he says to focus on whats happening in your life now is a better use your energy. 

Thanks so much.  The rabbi I talk with, and the other scholars never seem to have the same answer, but are totally on board with the your life now should be the focus.  

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

There's a short story by Isaac Singer (who took it from Western Europe Jewish folklore) about reincarnation, it's part of the collection Gimpel the Fool in my Italian version it's titled Jachid and Jechidà but I don't know if it's the original title.

On 8/20/2017 at 3:35 PM, nickelodeon said:

Fair enough, though keep in mind that when Derick talks about "human nature" he doesn't mean it in a positive or neutral way. Remember his tweet about wanting to move away from the "natural spiritual state that I was born in" and become more like Jesus? Many fundies, most famously Voddie Baucham, believe that children are born in a state of original sin, and it's because they're totally depraved heathens that they do normal things like disobeying or being naughty. (This comes from St. Augustine, BTW.)

In as much as Orthodox Christianity doesn't acknowlege St Augie's thoughts on Original Sin, I wonder if their fundies would be like.

Anyone on here either  Greek or Russian Orthodox background?

14 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I had to upload this.  

homer bacon.jpg

@Greendoor, our beloved Arete was Greek Orthodox, but I'm sure that we have other Orthodox FJites.

For those of you who didn't know her,  Arete (aka Arete Jo) was a much loved and much missed member of our community.  I can't remember exactly when she died, but she succumbed to cancer. 

On 8/21/2017 at 1:44 PM, Georgiana said:

When I looked at the sun today, I had to wear special glasses or the light would burn my retinas.

When I read Derick's tweets, I feel like I ALSO need to wear special glasses or the idiocy will burn my brain.

I don't need special glasses to read his tweets. I need goggles. Beer goggles. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived