IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

Oooh oooh can I give him a history lesson on Jesus, the middle eastern Jewish man who cared about helping the poor with no strings attached?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Oooh oooh can I give him a history lesson on Jesus, the middle eastern Jewish man who cared about helping the poor with no strings attached?

Don't forget that being from that region he wasn't white, blond and blue eyed. Derdork would never admit Jesus was most likely ..you know...one of 'those' brown people.  Gawd I hate the Derdunce

"Historical Jesus" studies are a VERY big field of research these days, both for ministry types and non-devout historians of religion. While I won't fault Derick for believing that there was a historical Christ, his dismissal of the whole debate seems anti-intellectual and not very respectful of the work that people in the ministry have done...

31 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

oh Derick shut up, no one cares what you think. What an obnoxious fucknugget.

Ohh I like fucknugget.  I been using shit weasel and fuck stick lately, but I'll have to add fucknugget into the mix.

12 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Ohh I like fucknugget.  I been using shit weasel and fuck stick lately, but I'll have to add fucknugget into the mix.

ah thanks!  My favorite is TwatWaffle, but Derick doesn’t deserve to be associated with vaginas so fucknugget it is.

Oh Derick, shut up. Anyone who agrees with you already agrees with you. Anyone who doesn't agree with you, which is who you're supposed to be trying to win over, is going to be totally put off by your condescending, obnoxious and rude attitude. Way to be winning souls for Jesus there, Mr. Missionary. 

On 8/22/2017 at 0:29 AM, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Catholics believe in original sin but they don't think that a baby is is sinful. They believe in pedobaptism as a way to wash away the original sin a become part of the body of Christ aka the Catholic Church. But they don't think a child habitually commits sins or that you need to spank their evil nature out of them, quite the contrary in fact they believe that children are born innocent and the world corrupts them as they grow up and learn to be deceitful, duplicitous sinners, if you don't educate them in the RCC morality. For Catholics in general children are more innocent and less able to commit sin than adults.

I think you mistook the concept of original sin with the vipers in diapers idea that is absolutely not Catholic. In Catholicism childhood simplicity and ignorance aren't considered as signs of evilness but of innocence.

I'm way more educated in Catholicism than baptist.  Cradle Catholic and all.  I have a hard time wrapping my head around fundie ideas on sin.  I honestly thought they didn't go there.  But, between your distinction and Dwreck's tweets, Lori and the Rod's comments, I think I get it?  No, I'll never truly get it.  Vipers in diapers, deceitful babies.....just NO!

It's my understanding that most historians believe that there was probably a religious leader named Jesus (or Yeshua, rather) in that era. Jesus exactly as described in the Bible is a different matter though. Some of the elements of his life in the Bible, like being born in Bethlehem because his parents had to travel for a census, are almost certainly not true.

At any rate, it's not as simple as Derick obviously thinks.

So they are doing a residential ministry school for the next year with Cross Church. 1) why residential? And 2) maybe them being dumped by SOS for their complete incompetence had some truth to it? 

Screenshot_20170824-001928.jpg

Our church bulletin had a cute cartoon of Jesus and the Buddha sitting together complaining how history portrayed them. The Buddha was annoyed that he was always shown as fat. Jesus countered with being portrayed as a blue eyes blond white guy.

12, 000. For tuition. No credits. 

The purpose of the School of Ministry is not to replace what our universities and seminaries do by way of theological education but to complement them. The School of Ministry will provide a unique opportunity for any young man or woman called to ministry and Kingdom service to gain practical ministry experience in the Cross Church setting. Students will come to the School of Ministry pre-college, during college, post-college, pre-seminary, mid or post–seminary, or whenever in ministry to have classroom, mentorship and hands-on experiences preparing them as leaders for life, ministry, and Gospel advancement globally. School of Ministry graduates will understand local church ministry—this will alter the way they live, lead, and extend the Gospel throughout their lifetime.

What a waste of time.  A quick year to help him get in the good books to gauge the faithful and stupid for future fake missions. Jeez Derick Just go to seminary. Losers.  

Why doesn't Derick use the degree he already has? All this "I need to find my calling in life" stuff is fine for people who are young and unattached. Or even if you're old and unattached. But once you have kids, it's time to settle down and get a real job! And seeing as how Derick chose to marry a poorly-educated lass with no real-world job skills, the burden of supporting the family falls on his shoulders.

He won't.  His ego is too big to sit behind a desk unnoticed.  Besides that's work. This way he can stand around chatting and doing whatever he pleases. Going for coffee ministering to youth. Going to fun functions.  Travelling. 

Work? No. Never. Geeeeez. Jesus was a carpenter. Paul a tent maker who supported himself and his crew. He wouldn't even take food from those who he ministered to.

Derick is lazy. He wants the easy way out.

Cross church is not a Gothard church, hence the women with books,  no sleeves, short skirts, drums, bass, media etc. Women have a voice there.

Ahh the plot thickens! What happened to the guest house? And 3 mission trips in that span of one year, one being international. Poor Jill!

20170824_015549.png

Maybe Cross Church allows married couples to live at home, especially if they have kids? 

But 24 grand for them to play around for another year with the possibility of no income from TLC? Jill is still on the Counting On banner on the TLC site (a pic from the same photoshoot of the five daughters), so I won't count the Dullards out quite yet. Although they may just show Jill and give Derelict the flash treatment. Stuff was already filmed before Derelict went off on Jazz, and they were no shows at the "After Show." 

Really curious what's going on behind the scenes at TLC. 

What does customised ministry tracking mean?

The girl standing next to the girl who looks like she needs a wee in the group photograph, could be a Paine sister?

I don't get why he's in ministry school when he has already spent years in Nepal and in Central America.... what more is there to learn about that? If it were a masters degree I'd kinda get it but I think it isn't, right?

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Anyone who agrees with you already agrees with you. Anyone who doesn't agree with you, which is who you're supposed to be trying to win over, is going to be totally put off by your condescending, obnoxious and rude attitude.

This is what I don't understand about the majority of Fundy "Ministries" we follow.  Pretty much all of them are literally preaching to the converted, and make Christianity seem fundamentally (heh) joyless and all about trying to not go to hell and get tortured for eternity.  Which I guess might work on someone who believes in that kind of hell in the first place, but does nothing at all if not.

I've said this elsewhere, but none of them ever seem to talk about how being a Christian has made their life better, or makes them try to be a better person.  I could do a better job of promoting the religion and I'm a born-and-bred atheist (the church community! knowing someone will always love me! the example of Jesus helping people, and working with other people on practical ways to try to do the same, to make someone's life less unpleasant!  I know none of those things are Christian- or religion-specific, but those are the angles I'd play up if I wanted people to join me)

Crap on a cracker I want to pay 12k and have 3 trips and my housing and utilities covered!  Being a responsible adult is no fun sometimes!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived