IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Greendoor, our beloved Arete was Greek Orthodox, but I'm sure that we have other Orthodox FJites.

For those of you who didn't know her,  Arete (aka Arete Jo) was a much loved and much missed member of our community.  I can't remember exactly when she died, but she succumbed to cancer. 

My thoughts went immediately to Arete too. She passed away a little over a year ago. :( May her memory be eternal.

On 18/08/2017 at 2:49 PM, Thorns said:

So, that church sign up form goes straight out and says "we will expect all your time and money, and you will like it". And, why does everything have to be a Ministry? Why could they not just say "technical staff"? Not Godly enough?

Pretty much (but not in as snark worthy a way) 

From what I've seen a lot of churches use the term ministry after people or outreach oriented things (ie children's ministry, youth ministry, community care ministry etc) I think adding it to the tech thing is just a way to make sure that those people don't somehow feel that their gifts are less important to the overall mission of the church. 

On 8/22/2017 at 5:13 AM, CoveredInBees said:

I hope there'll be bacon...........

I like my bacon extra crispy. 

I'm a middle aged Jew-ish woman, and I say extra crispy bacon is the food of the gods.

I wonder if Derick and Jill are being pushed out of the show for some reason (or whether they decided to leave)? They weren't part of the season finale interview show, and then Derick attacked the star of another TLC show on Twitter. Maybe the footage they shot in Central America is going to be it for them?

I mean, I think it's pretty unlikely. But who knows. I've always wondered if one of them (by which I mean the Duggars in general) would decide to leave the show for whatever reason.

On 8/20/2017 at 0:41 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Yes she did, which sickens me. What kind of sick fuck just assumes her infant son has the potential to be a child molester? JB and Mechelle really messed up their kids.

Honestly, I kind of understand it. I was similarly molested by an older brother. I am currently pregnant with my second and was incredibly relieved to find out it would be a second boy. I am still struggling with an irrational fear of having a daughter who could potentially be victimized in the same way. I never ever want to project my insecurities and fears onto my older son. I didn't even realize how deeply terrified I was of history repeating itself until those two lines showed up the second time around. Thankfully, it's something I'm seeking counseling for and am able to work through. It's unfortunate that Jill doesn't have that same support (that we know of). 

1 hour ago, nst said:

It's such a bad banner...they are trying to promote the  couples.  Except the pictures are old. 

and it's so unoriginal. 

The pictures are from December which isn't that old IMO. from what I've noticed they get their pictures taken once. A year, but have like 3 seasons a year so that's why they seem old.

23 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I wonder if Derick and Jill are being pushed out of the show for some reason (or whether they decided to leave)? They weren't part of the season finale interview show, and then Derick attacked the star of another TLC show on Twitter. Maybe the footage they shot in Central America is going to be it for them?

I mean, I think it's pretty unlikely. But who knows. I've always wondered if one of them (by which I mean the Duggars in general) would decide to leave the show for whatever reason.

I'm in the camp of TLC pushing them out and have been there before the entire thing with Jazz happened. I think what likely started it is cost. It was probably too expensive for TLC to film them doing jack in Central America and they weren't a big enough draw for the show to justify it. I don't think their lack of promotion is of the Dillard's doing. Personally, I see Dwreck's behavior lately as a result of being frustrated over the lack of attention.

Part of me thinks DWreck wants to live his hateful life in the peaceful tranquility of like minded assholes. He doesn't strike me as the type to take criticism well, and that is all he gets now from us heathens. I think if they could still be the "golden couple" we wouldn't have seen him blow up on Twitter.  I think he wants out because he's throwing a fit because people are picking on him. He is as thin skinned as dear leader and will not stand for people not thinking he is perfect.

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

. Personally, I see Dwreck's behavior lately as a result of being frustrated over the lack of attention.

they are in the new season - so they aren't being pushed out..but maybe TLC doesn't want them on the banner of new shows which is smart.  They are very polarizing in an already polarizing family. 

I think Jill's plan to become her mother has changed and she sees that and is envious of jessa who is probably expecting as we speak.  

13 minutes ago, nst said:

I think Jill's plan to become her mother has changed and she sees that and is envious of jessa who is probably expecting as we speak.  

I've always bought into the rivalry between Jill and Jessa. I think Jill was so used to being praised as "perfect" with being Boob's favorite and getting her honeymoon baby that it was a huge shock for her to 1) Not get her perfect fundy home birth. 2) To see Jessa have not one, but two home births 3) See Jinger actually get to marry a preacher. 

Jill strikes me as someone who is silently very jealous even though she preaches contentment. 

Are they in the new season?  Is there an episode about Sam's birth?  

They were so quiet about it and I haven't seen anything from TLC I think they may be backing out or being pushed out.  I think it may be because they can't take the criticism, but at the same time they are jealous and perhaps even just generally unhappy without really knowing why.

New season starts in Sept per that banner, I'm sure Samuel's birth will be in there somewhere. 

Unless I missed it and that is only a section of the banner.  I think it speaks volumes that they aren't on it.  I mean it's not like they are trying to cram 19 kids on there and ran out of room. 

3 hours ago, unspoken said:

Honestly, I kind of understand it. I was similarly molested by an older brother. I am currently pregnant with my second and was incredibly relieved to find out it would be a second boy. I am still struggling with an irrational fear of having a daughter who could potentially be victimized in the same way. I never ever want to project my insecurities and fears onto my older son. I didn't even realize how deeply terrified I was of history repeating itself until those two lines showed up the second time around. Thankfully, it's something I'm seeking counseling for and am able to work through. It's unfortunate that Jill doesn't have that same support (that we know of). 

I'm so sorry you went through that, and I'm glad you are getting help to work through those fears. Unfortunately Jill believes this type of thing is normal, and is married to a man who has expressed people who are struggling should seek Jesus, not therapy. He doesn't seem like someone who would be very supportive of someone who is emotionally vulnerable.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

New season starts in Sept per that banner, I'm sure Samuel's birth will be in there somewhere. 

No doubt it will be mentioned this season, then a teaser again the next season, and then the next. Major events for them (births, weddings, what else is there really) seem to get drawn out over like three seasons.  My soap operas move faster than this damn show.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jill strikes me as someone who is silently very jealous even though she preaches contentment. 

I bet you're right. I also bet Jill couldn't identify her own emotion as jealousy. She probably can't identify any negative emotion.

Ah poor Jill- she was the one who seeming followed JB and M's instructions to a T and look it where it got her- unable to function in every day life or to deal with the ebbs and flows of what real life brings. If what the Duggar parents have said about Jessa's youthful behaviors are are true, that insolence and stubborness has worked out better for her in the long run, as compared to Jill.

I hope the Dullards (sorry, not going to correct, auto-correct), quit the show altogether. It would be in their collective best interest. They are not entertaining and Jill does not need the friction that doing the show seems to bring. Derick can work a real job in privacy, and the family can continue doing their church work together, in their free time.

The grown Duggars need to leave and cleave...live their own INDIVIDUAL family lives.

I think if the show were to end today that they would still be paid from Jimboob somehow, even with the husbands that they married from outside the cult, they are drinking the fame koolaid.

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I have heard that TLC reality "stars" are compensated relative to screen time, so I can see him being salty over making less because they're sharing the spotlight with three other married couples instead of just one. Or if everyone's paycheck is getting cut because the ad revenue isn't there while other TLC "stars" are making more. Both would explain him lashing out at Jazz for no apparent reason. 

Or everyone else could be right and he's mad at some combination of TLC and SOS pulling the plug on the endless missioncationing. 

Dewreck, in general, strikes me as a very entitled person, and they can become very resentful and nasty over even the smallest perceived slights.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Ah poor Jill- she was the one who seeming followed JB and M's instructions to a T and look it where it got her- unable to function in every day life or to deal with the ebbs and flows of what real life brings. If what the Duggar parents have said about Jessa's youthful behaviors are are true, that insolence and stubborness has worked out better for her in the long run, as compared to Jill.

I am not a fan of either insolence or stubbornness; however, the most successful people are stubborn as heck and wont change a bit.

If you know what you want and go for it, "stick to your guns" so to speak, then good on you. (I still don't like Jessa, just saying!)

Jill is clueless and there is no other way to put it.

I'm going to keep this short because Derick is such a Grade One a-hole that he deserves no long sentences: fuck you, Derick, fuck you very much. Every time you open your mouth, you screw up.

13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

How will Dwreck's ego handle not being in TLC's Counting On banner? :pb_lol: 

Blame it either on Jazz or Obama.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived