IGNORED

JinJer 27?: Wearing Black Pants in the Heat of Laredo

Coconut Flan

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Did you guys just not have chaperones/adult supervision at these lock-ins, or...?

No kidding. I chaperoned one once as a college student. There were two chaperones assigned to each room in that church and one stationed outside each bathroom door. They would have had to be quite creative to find a chance for anything inappropriate. We also knew exactly who was coupled up (this was reviewed at the pre-lock in chaperone meeting) to watch them extra close. 

My church does one for the confirmation kids every year and practically has more adults than kids there--scheduling them in shifts helps. The schedule is also heavy. Those kids are kept busy all night with games, projects (they make something as a service project at it every year), etc... And the entire building is lit up. Not a single room with the lights out allowed. 

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kacarlton said:
18 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:
We had SO.MUCH.FUN. at church lock-ins. The adults were all like:  "Bring your friends! Bring your boyfriend! Bring your girlfriend"
And we'd "lock in" while the chaperones hung out in the kitchen part of the fellowship hall and got drunk. So. We all know how THAT went, right? lol

Obviously you are not southern baptist. emoji23.png Our lockins were NOTHING like that.

Methodist. Right across the street from the Baptist Church. lol

@singsingsing - see above for the adult supervision answer. :) Also, pretty sure two of the chaperones hooked up that night in the toddlers' Sunday School room.

My old church basically told all the horny teenagers to wait until marriage (which is not the norm here), encouraged us to not date anyone we couldn't see us marrying, and pretended same-sex attraction didn't exist. Oh well.

Got much better sex ed at school, grade 8 and 9 (age 14-15). It was pretty heteronormative but still great and informative. I still remember my feeling of horror though when the teacher told us that making out is classified as oral sex, because I made a huge distinction between kissing and sex back then, and thought I'd be "unclean" or "easy" if I had sex with anyone too soon. So making out equaling the big, magical, sinful thing that was sex made me uncomfortable :P I'm thankful that I have a much healthier approach nowadays! 

So this view as sex as something dirty and something that lessens your worth, especially as a girl/woman, if not done within a straight marriage, angers me a lot. It once fucked up (pun intended) my sexual health and my thoughts about my body, and I didn't even get a large dose of it or anything. I can't imagine how it's like for girls like the Duggars... 

Just now, VineHeart137 said:

Jeremy got Jinger roses and took her to a restaurant and it was magical.

Based on that post and nothing else, I think they just found out she's pregnant. (This is 100% speculation)

8 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Based on that post and nothing else, I think they just found out she's pregnant. (This is 100% speculation)

Nooo, and I was just thinking "You go, Jinger! Enjoy your life and husband alone for as long as you can". 

17 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Or she had wine for the first time. 

45 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Three roses in the arrangement. She's knocked up.

Oh, I hope not. And *I* love yellow roses! She can't have them!! LOL!

5 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

My First kiss=church lock in.

Ditto.  Ah, Aaron, where ever you are, fond memories....

The guy I was crazy crushing on in middle school went to my best friend's church. They had a lock in/sleepover  and she brought me and omg i was out of my mind excited over this. We took hours getting ready for this. I remember pizza, watching The Breakfast Club (it was a liberal church) and played capture the flag at night. He didn't pay much attention to me at all but what a fun night that was.

Yeah... I haven't been on baby watch for these two, but this screams "celebratory dinner for Important Reasons."

I mean, maybe the three flowers is all he could afford and that's the explanation, but the evening as a whole and the fact that they both look like they are glowing in the pictures....

4 minutes ago, sparklymagie said:

Yeah... I haven't been on baby watch for these two, but this screams "celebratory dinner for Important Reasons."

I mean, maybe the three flowers is all he could afford and that's the explanation, but the evening as a whole and the fact that they both look like they are glowing in the pictures....

Thats so sad, when I want to brag about the wonderful thing that was romantic H did for me it is often for no reason at all, which is what makes it so special.

Or they just found out she's pregnant with triplets. One flower for each baby!

Kidding. Totally kidding. Note to tabloids: this is a joke.

1 hour ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

Or she had wine for the first time. 

Actual photo of Jinger and Jeremy:

IMG_0160.JPG.090830dcdb619fbb670c30fbbc8a6a87.JPG

I'm choosing to believe she isn't pregnant and she just had wine for the first time tonight. Until they announce otherwise. Or they film a child shooting out of her.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Three roses in the arrangement. She's knocked up.

It does seem like plausible photo assumption

There's a bottled water on the table in the cheesecake picture. Who drinks bottled water on a special date in a nice restaurant? PREGNANT PEOPLE.

Nah I'm kidding. If there's an announcement we'll find out when we find out. I will say they look very happy and Jinger looks so healthy (and yes, you could say glowing). I hope they are enjoying their time as newlyweds without the pressure of baby making.

BREAKING NEWS: conservative protestants think they're right and Catholics are wrong! And coming up next at 11: conservative Catholics think they're right and protestants are wrong!

Slow news day over at the good old Inquisitr, it seems.

Go to the picture and on the right hand side you will see an arrow. Keep clicking and eventually you will see the photo of the roses.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived