IGNORED

JinJer 27?: Wearing Black Pants in the Heat of Laredo

Coconut Flan

Is it really only 8 months?! It seems so much longer, but then I guess 8 months (a year-ish with courtship) is a long time in DuggarLand to still have no children on the horizon. 

I'd like to see them just enjoy married life/independent adulthood for a while yet........... 

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Someone please tell me where the rumour that an 'announcement' was happening today started. It seemed to pop up out of nowhere a couple days ago. Anyone? Bueller?

Right here:

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Right here:

Thank you! It all makes sense now. Someone commenting on Joy & Austin's 'congrats' video on the Duggar Family Official page said that there would be an update on Jill/Derick/Samuel on Saturday. Somehow that has morphed into, "the Duggars have a big announcement on Saturday!" Mystery solved.

5 hours ago, CrazyMumma said:

I'm throwing my vote on anniversary... or hey... they may have decided to go on date nights occasionally... he might have read that it's a good idea to date your wife and he decided to try it out and surprise her. :D  Maybe... he got sick and she did such a lovely job of caring for him that he wanted to demonstrate his heartfelt appreciation?  Maybe she successfully led out a women's worship event and he is taking her out as a 'you did so well?"

I am going to assume that Jeremy has dated before meeting Jinger and probably don't need to read about the benefits of a date with your wife. 

Is it possible this is the anniversary of their courtship?  When did they get engaged?

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Is it possible this is the anniversary of their courtship?  When did they get engaged?

Jeremy already posted something about their first year of courtship back in may or June... I think their engagement was the 26th of July

I don't think it's an anniversary, just because the Duggars are pretty effusive about celebrating anniversaries. You know, "Happy 8 1/2 month anniversary of the first time you called me babe, baaabe! Love you so much, babe!" I'd be really surprised if they went out to celebrate an anniversary of any sort, took umpteen photos for Instagram, but failed to mention the occasion.

I think celebrating a pregnancy is a pretty good guess, but I also think it's just as likely to be a random romantic gesture. 

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jeremy already posted something about their first year of courtship back in may or June... I think their engagement was the 26th of July

Thanks. Obviously I'm trying to be an optimistic and hoping she's not pregnant!

Here's where they went for dinner:  http://www.laskekas.com/  [if you Google Las Kekas Laredo you will see pictures of the interior]. I really like that they are trying local places and even food trucks.

[I love restaurants like this!]

6 hours ago, nst said:

please tell me you are kidding - they never ever flaunted any sexuality on instagram.  That's my point  And if they did point to me to what I missed lol. 

these two were and are the opposite of Jinger and Jeremy.  Which is fine. But fascinating.  It' s a study of how different they are

Well there is your avatar...... 

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Thanks. Obviously I'm trying to be an optimistic and hoping she's not pregnant!

Here's where they went for dinner:  http://www.laskekas.com/  [if you Google Las Kekas Laredo you will see pictures of the interior]. I really like that they are trying local places and even food trucks.

[I love restaurants like this!]

Looks yummy, good pick.

Dating your spouse is a pretty big thing in a lot of conservative Christian circles. Evangelical Christians, as a whole, have really high divorce rates, and while they like to nitpick and quibble about the stats publicly, internally, there are a lot of efforts being made to fix that. Growing up, I heard of tons of Sunday school classes or workshops devoted to divorce-proofing your marriage, or how to fix a marriage that's on the skids. There were a lot of people who really believed that if you did x, y, and z, you'd never get divorced. It's a whole cottage industry in that end of Christendom.

While I never attended any of the classes myself (I stopped attending such churches at 18), I recall there being a big emphasis on having date nights and shared activities away from the kids. A lot of the churches I went to would have monthly-ish Parents Night Out where the church would provide cheap, donate-what-you-can, or free childcare so parents could have some alone time. Usually, they'd buy a bunch of pizza, put a movie on a projector screen, and park the kids in front of it. I think the idea was that, as long as you were putting effort into your relationship and not taking your wife for granted, she'd be less likely to cheat on you or leave (the focus always seemed to be on feckless women, which is weird since men are statistically more likely to admit to cheating). 

Given that Jeremy is a pastor, I don't know that this is anything other than an object lesson to his congregation about appreciating your spouse. 

10 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

That is a card holder. 

Just imo but the fact that the card holder is empty could be a pregnancy red flag. If they took the card out, it might mean they didn't want the message on the card to be photographed or shared. 

I literally just looked at that exact bouquet in red, pink, and yellow. It was 8 dollars, and it included the empty card holder (I think they keep cards in a stack somewhere). It doesn’t necessarily mean she’s pregnant, it means Jeremy spent 8 dollars to buy a grocery store bouquet, and more power to him for doing something nice for the wife he clearly adores.

Pregnancy seems a SERIOUS stretch to me.

37 minutes ago, adidas said:

Just imo but the fact that the card holder is empty could be a pregnancy red flag. If they took the card out, it might mean they didn't want the message on the card to be photographed or shared. 

Or it could be that Jeremy didn't get a card because he was planning to be sitting there and assumed she would know who the flowers were from. 

Or it could be that she took the card out and read it before she took the picture. 

Or it could be that it was a card of sympathy over Jim Bob's yet unannounced death. 

Or it could be that it was a card that commemorated the anniversary of her surviving an alien abduction and she is not ready to go public with that trauma yet. 

Or I could keep making up ridiculous reasons. Because trying to read something into an empty card holder from a grocery store bouquet is pretty silly. 

1 hour ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Dating your spouse is a pretty big thing in a lot of conservative Christian circles. Evangelical Christians, as a whole, have really high divorce rates, and while they like to nitpick and quibble about the stats publicly, internally, there are a lot of efforts being made to fix that. Growing up, I heard of tons of Sunday school classes or workshops devoted to divorce-proofing your marriage, or how to fix a marriage that's on the skids. There were a lot of people who really believed that if you did x, y, and z, you'd never get divorced. It's a whole cottage industry in that end of Christendom.

I find this so fascinating. I grew up in a largely secular environment with a very low divorce rate. The few divorces I witnessed almost all had some kind of mitigating factor, like alcoholism, mental illness, or - in one case - the husband coming out as gay. Sure, there were date nights (lucrative market to be a teen babysitter! though I never saw any flowers or presents being exchanged on a random Saturday night). But I think there were more structural factors to the marital longevity, including:

• Most people got married in their late 20s or early 30s, typically after they had gotten educations and/or established careers
  • The few who got married earlier waited years to have children - most of my friends parents were maybe 28-45 when they were born, with most being early 30s
  • The area was relatively affluent, and most women - even if they were SAHMs - had degrees and/or solid work experience prior to having children. This meant that while people got laid off and had financial setbacks, there were rarely scenarios like "the factory dad worked at closed for good, he can't find work and is applying for disability, so now mom's trying to keep the family afloat with her Walmart job." It was more like, "Bob got laid off and is looking for work, so Nancy is picking up more freelance accounting work - thank goodness they have decent savings! Guess they won't be going on a summer trip to (local woodsy/lake area) this year." Financial stress is obviously a huge factor in divorces.
  • While the area was mostly secular and pretty liberal (though I knew plenty of Republicans), the social mores were conservative in a way, and social life was very centered on the family. My ex grew up in what he described as a "white trash" environment, and his parents and pretty much all of his relatives had multiple divorces. It seemed like there was a pretty big culture of married, adult men getting drunk in bars and getting up to no good, and the women getting resentful and looking elsewhere...this dynamic is something I never witnessed growing up. The alcoholics drank in secret in their own homes and hid bottles in the basement, lol.

Just now, louisa05 said:

Or it could be that Jeremy didn't get a card because he was planning to be sitting there and assumed she would know who the flowers were from. 

Or it could be that she took the card out and read it before she took the picture. 

Or it could be that it was a card of sympathy over Jim Bob's yet unannounced death. 

Or it could be that it was a card that commemorated the anniversary of her surviving an alien abduction and she is not ready to go public with that trauma yet. 

Or I could keep making up ridiculous reasons. Because trying to read something into an empty card holder from a grocery store bouquet is pretty silly. 

aliens.jpg.2c1b1c94585bd2629813c15f88ab9c46.jpg

1 hour ago, Letizia said:

Well there is your avatar...... 

They did that 1 photo of them kissing shortly after marriage.  I've not seen B & J flaunt their sexuality sex life the way :output_eeMbjt: did/do and the way J & J are very touchy feely/intimate publically than B & J and J & D are.  I think Jostin are more PDA prone than J& B were. 

Interrupting our scheduled Rampant Pregnancy Speculation to bring you the "Outrageous Instagram Comment of the Week." Congrats, crazymamabearof7! Your prize is a shiny new brain, since you're clearly missing one.

IMG_0741.PNG

Does she not realise...that Laredo is a border town? Like literally on the border?  So that of course there will be a co-mingling of languages? And that there were Spanish speakers in the area before Texas became part of the United States?

I cannot.

Not to mention the fact that the population of Laredo is about 75 % US citizens according to the 2010 census.

6 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Does she not realise...that Laredo is a border town? Like literally on the border?  So that of course there will be a co-mingling of languages? And that there were Spanish speakers in the area before Texas became part of the United States?

I cannot.

Sadly, I've heard stuff like that come out of many an American's mouth. Including while I was IN Mexico. 

That leaves out the separate problem of the "go into all nations and preach" that christians are supposed to do. I mean, does breaking an administrative law about arbitrary borders mean you should go to hell because no one told you about Jesus. 

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I mean, does breaking an administrative law about arbitrary borders mean you should go to hell because no one told you about Jesus.

Ha, that is this poster's argument, isn't it, if you follow her logic to the end.

Crazymamabear7 over there seems like just OODLES of fun to hang out with! Just great at parties :2wankers: :pb_rollseyes:  

22 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Sadly, I've heard stuff like that come out of many an American's mouth. Including while I was IN Mexico. 

But but...IN Mexico? Why can't they speak Spanish in Mexico? Is everyone ever required to speak American English? :5624798050140_Im-giving-you-the-evil-ey:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived