IGNORED

JinJer 27?: Wearing Black Pants in the Heat of Laredo

Coconut Flan

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ThunderRolls said:

I know Jeremy went to college, but I don't know what he studied - does he have any formal education in Christian theology? Is this truly an area of expertise for him or is he more or less winging it? 

This is SO IMPORTANT. We like to discuss the whole "fake missionary" thing of the Dillards but why aren't we asking where Jeremy got his MDiv? (Answer, he doesn't have one). He is definitely winging it and his style is much like many other Reformed pastors/teachers. (AKA: I think he listens and/or watches sermons a lot....not a bad thing necessarily...)

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I do have to say, in the pictures that @VelociRapture posted behind the spoilers, in pictures 4 and 6 Jeremy looks like the cat who swallowed that canary. I get the feel of, "My little swimmers just scored on the opposing goalie!!":brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach:

Sadly, this doesn't look like good news for us. 

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Hide contents

IMG_0164.PNG

At first glance, I totally thought, Wow, this is a "I'm totally smitten with you look." but now after further consideration, it's a "I can't believe you're going to have my baby look."

I hope for Jeremy and Jinger's sake she isn't pregnant yet. She's lived too much already as a Mum, and lived too little as a (somewhat) independent woman. I hope one day they have children if that's really what they want, but not now. 

1 hour ago, MissKnowItAll said:

I hope for Jeremy and Jinger's sake she isn't pregnant yet. She's lived too much already as a Mum, and lived too little as a (somewhat) independent woman. I hope one day they have children if that's really what they want, but not now. 

I understand this sentiment, and if I were in her position it would be what I'd want. However, judging from those insta pics, they look delighted. Someone used to (or wanting to) having more time to themselves might desire a longer waiting period, but that's not necessarily applicable to anyone in this family.

Would she have been grateful for other experiences, had she got to experience them? Probably. Would it be better for her as an individual? Possibly. Who knows. But regardless of what would actually be better, I don't think her subjective happiness is going to be diminished by becoming a relatively young mother. 

41 minutes ago, seraaa said:

I understand this sentiment, and if I were in her position it would be what I'd want. However, judging from those insta pics, they look delighted. Someone used to (or wanting to) having more time to themselves might desire a longer waiting period, but that's not necessarily applicable to anyone in this family.

Would she have been grateful for other experiences, had she got to experience them? Probably. Would it be better for her as an individual? Possibly. Who knows. But regardless of what would actually be better, I don't think her subjective happiness is going to be diminished by becoming a relatively young mother. 

I never said she wouldn't be happy being a mother right now. She looks delighted and if she's happy that's great. I'm just talking about her life experience and how she might be jumping from being a sister mother to being a mother to a newborn too quickly. I mean, take Jill for an example. She was a mother so quickly and didn't have time to herself and to explore her relationship with her husband before she had a child to take care of. And I know it seems to have worked out ok for Jessa but she might be the lucky one. It's not unusual to hope a healthy, happy couple have 1 year of marriage before thinking about children, but if Jinger is pregnant then I bet she feels like the happiest woman in the world. 

Did someone else notice this strange thing that sticks in front of the left rose? It looks a bit like the outlines of two candles and one thin in the middle. Reminds me off their strange unity candle ritual.

I think a pregnancy announcement might be around the corner.

Or they celebrate some sort of anniversary.

IMG_4322.PNG

2 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Did someone else notice this strange thing that sticks in front of the left rose? It looks a bit like the outlines of two candles and one thin in the middle. Reminds me off their strange unity candle ritual.

That is a card holder. 

I am an optimist, so until proven otherwise I want to go with

• anniversary (courting, engagement, meeting for the first time)
  • they have closed on a property
  • Jinger has found a paid job
  • Jinger has been accepted into college

or hopefully:

• they are celebrating a mutual decision to step away from fundamentalism.

A girl can dream, right?

19 minutes ago, subsaharanafrica said:

That is a card holder. 

Ohhhhhhhhh

I See! Didn't realise that! You really do learn something new every day.

Shows clearly that I have never gotten a card with my flowers... :2wankers: 

23 minutes ago, MadameOvary said:

I am an optimist, so until proven otherwise I want to go with

• anniversary (courting, engagement, meeting for the first time)
  • they have closed on a property
  • Jinger has found a paid job

I'm throwing my vote on anniversary... or hey... they may have decided to go on date nights occasionally... he might have read that it's a good idea to date your wife and he decided to try it out and surprise her. :D  Maybe... he got sick and she did such a lovely job of caring for him that he wanted to demonstrate his heartfelt appreciation?  Maybe she successfully led out a women's worship event and he is taking her out as a 'you did so well?"

@MissKnowItAll

I only meant, I guess, that you never know all the outcomes of any decision until you've made it, and that there are opportunity costs associated with every choice (and that given her goals/upbringing, she may not be that sad about what she's potentially missing out on) and time will tell whether or not their choices work out for them.

I don't disagree with your point, and I'd wait too. But I can understand why they'd be more likely to think it wasn't necessary.

Jinger being pregnant now would also fall within Jeremy's 5 year plan. The baby wouldn't be born until after their first anniversary. 

As I mentioned before, I think she's pregnant. But it could actually be the anniversary of their engagement I guess. I just think they look TOO happy and pleased and excited for it to be a simple date. 

I remember Jessa being coy with the pillows on her lap at the TTH. I remember Derick saying, "we're not going to announce a pregnancy... yet." Is this Jinger's way of being coy? Probably.

I'll also throw out the idea that they're following the ten commandments between husbands and wives, I searched for them, but the Latter Day Saints version is popping up, not the Baptist booklet hanging out in my hope chest that emphasizes continually dating your wife. One of which is "Thou shalt hold thy wife's love by the same means you won it." 

I know Jeremy's aware of them, because I remember being in a group conversation that he was a part of at a BBQ in San Antonio with an engaged couple talking about their pre-marital stuff. He just kept talking and talking to the point where my friend was annoyed after, pointing out he had an awful lot of marital advice to give for a single guy and we wondered if he'd been divorced or something. We now know that's not the case.

16 hours ago, marmalade said:

Three roses in the arrangement. She's knocked up.

Not doubting you, just wanting to understand: Is that 'a thing' (the only symbol I've known for yellow roses before was yellow roses = 'I love you')

14 hours ago, singsingsing said:

BREAKING NEWS: conservative protestants think they're right and Catholics are wrong! And coming up next at 11: conservative Catholics think they're right and protestants are wrong!

Slow news day over at the good old Inquisitr, it seems.

...and the same day a squad car blew up in Devon for no reason (officer unhurt thankfully), but they rather dig up a 500+ year old political story? ...

12 hours ago, ThunderRolls said:

I'm not sure when the google street view picture was taken (it might be from before Jeremy took over), but I've never heard of a church advertising free pregnancy tests. It gives me the creeps. 

There was an 'IFB modelled' (complete with obnoxious Midwestern pastor) church near us. They had all manner of 'pregnancy outreach' stuff. For ladies unlucky enough to be caught walking past outside it was pretty much that  or 'Christian Singles Group'.

I am noticing there is no backlash towards Jeremy and Jinger on instagram the same way there was for Ben and Jessa whey they posted coffin pictures and Ben's weird posts at the beginning of his relationship.  The V's seem to be following some type of planned instagram fundy logic.  I wonder if because Jeremy is an established preacher and doesn't need to prove anything hence the photos that are more intimate carrying Jinger up the stairs opposed to Ben and Jessa and never a kissing picture.  It's a interesting dynamic 

18 minutes ago, nst said:

I am noticing there is no backlash towards Jeremy and Jinger on instagram the same way there was for Ben and Jessa whey they posted coffin pictures and Ben's weird posts at the beginning of his relationship.  The V's seem to be following some type of planned instagram fundy logic.  I wonder if because Jeremy is an established preacher and doesn't need to prove anything hence the photos that are more intimate carrying Jinger up the stairs opposed to Ben and Jessa and never a kissing picture.  It's a interesting dynamic 

I think Jessa and Ben being so young and sheltered decided to flaunt their newfound sexuality on instagram. Whereas Jeremy was older and lived on his own and kissed girls before. So he handles his instagram in a more mature way, vs Jessa & Ben like kids trying to show off. 

My guess is that the three yellow roses are for the first trimester. I think Jinger has made it through the "danger" zone and is now well on her way to motherhood. The pics look like they have a wonderful secret. Is this the announcement rumored to come out today?

Just now, VeganCupcake said:

I think Jessa and Ben being so young and sheltered decided to flaunt their newfound sexuality on instagram. Whereas Jeremy was older and lived on his own and kissed girls before. So he handles his instagram in a more mature way, vs Jessa & Ben like kids trying to show off. 

please tell me you are kidding - they never ever flaunted any sexuality on instagram.  That's my point  And if they did point to me to what I missed lol. 

these two were and are the opposite of Jinger and Jeremy.  Which is fine. But fascinating.  It' s a study of how different they are

Someone please tell me where the rumour that an 'announcement' was happening today started. It seemed to pop up out of nowhere a couple days ago. Anyone? Bueller?

26 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Someone please tell me where the rumour that an 'announcement' was happening today started. It seemed to pop up out of nowhere a couple days ago. Anyone? Bueller?

Not this side of the Atlantic so far as I can see.

Yellow I thought was friendship, ie we are well aquainted now.  Three would just be because you normally do have even numbers of flowers in an arrangement (yes, I know the dozen roses thing).

I like to think that maybe there is some romance.  It's not unheard of for a man to give his wife flowers or take her out to dinner.  And being them and instragm-ish they'd need a prop.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived