IGNORED

JinJer 27?: Wearing Black Pants in the Heat of Laredo

Coconut Flan

Jeremy's bulging eye trap is even more apparent in the group shot with Jinger and the other guys.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is as "free" as we are going to see Jinger be. So I'm so just going to be happy when I see pics like the most recent ones on her IG. Like the one where Jeremy is carrying her up the stairs. She looks like a normal 23 year old having fun with her husband. She looks really happy. (I'm just going to pretend their beliefs aren't absolutely horrible for about five minutes haha)

33 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

@Jinder RolesBEHOLD!!!! THE MYSTERIOUS KNEES!!!!!

(They're there! I just know it! :pb_lol:)

Wow they really are  different now both in appearance and affect. 

Dear Duggars, 

Shoot guns, hold guns, take pictures with guns. Do whatever you want with guns that is legal. But please give FJ a break and don't post pictures with guns. 

Thanks, 

From all of the people at FJ who have heard every pro and anti-gun argument under the sun enough times to last six lifetimes. 

19 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

There's a public service campaign here to try to encourage people who are depressed to take any guns out of their homes until things get better. And to encourage friends and loved ones of people who are depressed to secure any guns as well. I don't know if it will help, but since we have high rates of both gun ownership and suicide here, I hope it does some good. 

When I was still very unhealthy, my sister took all my knives away from my home. That worked more than well enough. You can't use it if you don't have it. 

9 hours ago, Timetostoplurking said:

Here is the issue with guns rights vs. driving.  Driving is a privilege.  It can be taken away from you.  You don't have the right to a drivers license.  If you abuse your driving privilege by driving drunk, reckless driving etc....you will lose your privilege to drive.

Owning guns is a right.  It is written into our Constitution.   Our founding fathers decided it was of extreme importance that all men (I am using the word "Men" on purpose, since that is how it was written) have the right to defend themselves.  No King, or government official can take away that right.  It's just like having the right to free speech.  It's considered a very basic right.  

Of course, the founding fathers had no idea what the future would be like and that guns and gun culture would be what it is today.  It's very complicated and difficult to mess around with the Constitution.  A lot of Americans see Gun Control as tampering with the Constitution.  Gun Control is seen as a slippery slope.  If we change the Constitution for Gun Control, then we will start changing it for other issues.  

Does this explain Americans and Guns to all you non-Americans??  It's kind of a simplistic explanation, but maybe helpful to some of you.

I cannot like this enough. <3

Jinger looks great! You go, girl. and LOL at "Jeremy's bulging eye trap." NOW IT'S ALL I CAN SEE #NIKE #NIKE #NIKE

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Why am I running to Instagram to look???? lol

Well now.

I'm defrauded now. :laughing-rollingred:

Darn. His Instagram is private. I'll just have to use my imagination . :evil-laugh:

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Darn. His Instagram is private. I'll just have to use my imagination . :evil-laugh:

No it isn't! Here's a link to his profile:

http://instagram.com/jeremy_vuolo

Click the first available post at the soccer fields. There are four photos in that post you can scroll through.

Darn. His Instagram is private. I'll just have to use my imagination . evil-laugh.gif

It is? that has changed very recently then. O.O

Edit: I just came back to say it’s not after all, but@velocirapture got there first. Thanks!

My fiancé just showed me an article on Yahoo news about Jinger wearing pants again. Poor guy. At least he leaves the room when I watch Counting On (as opposed to when he was stuck watching Ru Paul's Drag Race with me in the past). Though I must admit I love him even more when he makes casual references to Trixie and Katya and others  :my_heart:

Oh my Lord! Can Jinjer sound less authentic?? It's as if she's reading off a damn teleprompter. Not that I blame her. I'd be over this crap after so many years, too. 

@Timetostoplurking I agree with your general points. Our country started out with a revolution and for that reason the right to bare arms has historical and cultural significance tied to our founding and protected in our constitution.  The revolution could not have occurred without access to weapons. 

However our constitutional rights have always had the ability to be limited/restricted within legal means. Felons are denied the right to vote, freedom of press is restricted during war time, and even speech can be limited if it has certain consequences like inciting violence (e.g. hate speech). At least that's my understanding but I'm no legal expert. Even now, I'm pretty sure there are laws in certain states that allow physicians to deny someone access to a gun license anonymously. At least something like that exists for mental health reasons, I've seen it discussed in clinical settings and remember thinking it was strange given the second amendment debate.

I just wanted to touch on the idea that Jinger wearing pants makes her less fundie. I realise most here know it's not the case and I hope I'm not repeating the exact point and perspective if someone else has already made it. 

But. 

The only reason she is wearing pants is because her husband has allowed her to do so. 

I grew up semi-fundie. I didn't have a gazillion siblings, I wasn't homeschooled and I was permitted to wear pants. Without those three differences, I grew up fairly similarly to Jinger. Yes, there were frumpers in my wardrobe.

Her headship has transferred from JB to Jeremy. She is still not allowed to make her own decisions about her body, clothing etc, without her headship's permission. Wearing pants does not change that. If she is using BC, it is because her husband has allowed it. If she has a sip of wine it is because her husband has allowed it. Sure they would have discussed it together, but the final say is Jeremy's because he is the male. Jeremy may be a less strict fundie than JB, but on the continuum of fundies he's right there imo.

I chose to walk away from fundamentalism 25 years ago and I still regularly deal (mentally) with some of the fallout. I just said in another thread that I didn't want my children being exposed to fundie ideals - because it's damaging. It's not the clothing itself which causes harm, it's the attitude behind it. Which is why I don't see Jinger's shorts as an indicator of her moving away from that cult. I would have to see and hear a lot more to convince me that they had moved into mainstream Christianity.

I hope for it, of course, and this might be the start of some positive steps. But if this is their journey, they have a VERY long way to go on the inside regardless of what she wears. And they'll do it without any support from her family, so it will be a long, hard, lonely journey :(

Hey y'all. I am a dual citizen of both Canada and America. I was raised and have lived most of my life in Canada though, so I understand what it's like to live in a sane and peaceful society where the average citizen doesn't feel the need to own a gun. It's quite lovely.

Anyway...being that I have lived both sides of this argument I have considered it quite a bit, and I have come up with the PERFECT solution to the "gunundrum"!

Bring back DUELLING! Seriously, hear me out. They should make it law that to obtain a licence for ONE gun you should have to win a duel. This would cut the population of gun ownership in half within a few years, and all licensed gun owners would fully understand the ramifications, consequences, and responsibility of using the guns that they own.

PROBLEM SOLVED! :D

@evolutionbaby I am assuming your post has a big irony/sarcasm sign on it. Made me (as a lover of historic drama) chuckle but I think the joke is lost an many here (some might also feel its a joke in bad taste?)

44 minutes ago, epic fail said:

@evolutionbaby I am assuming your post has a big irony/sarcasm sign on it. Made me (as a lover of historic drama) chuckle but I think the joke is lost an many here (some might also feel its a joke in bad taste?)

Yeah... I mean, I want to laugh because I'm picturing a Looney Tunes style duel where a little flag proclaiming "BANG!" pops out instead of a bullet... but I don't really find joking about people getting killed that funny.

Now, if @evolutionbaby joked that someone had to win a paintball or laser gun duel in order to qualify for a gun license, that could be kind of entertaining to picture.

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yeah... I mean, I want to laugh because I'm picturing a Looney Tunes style duel where a little flag proclaiming "BANG!" pops out instead of a bullet... but I don't really find joking about people getting killed that funny.

Also, 320 million people from every corner of the world deserve more than flippant passive-aggression about "sane and peaceful society."

I've been thinking about something on a tangential line, in that when people from older smaller countries (obvs not meaning Canada,) discuss some civic topics, it's with more of a group voice or mentality. And when people discuss our country, they apply the same thinking, calling us, well, "us." But this isn't really a group-type place. It's still very "rugged individualist," both for good and ill, and various points in-between. These fifty states are a collective, but not at all in the same way as in what Grandpa referred to as "oldcountry."

One of the reasons close-knit immigrant communities form here is because they have common language, but also a stronger sense of living communally than many (never all, I am not an all or nothing person about any subject whatsoever) of the people whose families have been here rather longer or pretty much since ever.

And one reason certain topics don't debate well online is that our notion of "We the People" means something different, not only than from people in other places, but also from each other. Nothing bugs me more than a "you lot" argument, but I can remember the Siciliano and the Calabrese arguing at each other in that same way.

On 2017-7-7 at 11:13 AM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Same here! It's maddening. I've heard that people rub deodorant on their thighs where they chafe and that helps, but I find that hard to believe so, of course, I haven't tried it. I don't always want leggings to show so now I wear men's boxer briefs under shorter skirt. I have a friend who swear by jockey shorties, but the boxer briefsI buy are nice and long, the material is thin enough, and they aren't horribly tight. 

On 2017-7-7 at 10:27 AM, Lurky said:

I'm often in my jeans in heatwaves, because (so shameful to admit) when I sweat a lot, my thighs rub together and chafe and I get sweat-rash (like nappy rash).  When I wear loose cotton (which my shorts & capris are), it can still chafe, as the cotton rubs, so I'm always sad to have to wear leggings under dresses, and jeans in the heat.  It's always been this way, even when I was a super-fit teenager.

So, collective FJ wisdom holders - any ideas how to stop this?  I'd love to go bare legged under a sundress, while it's heatwaving here in the UK!

I don't have any tips on how to go bare legged in summer, but I have the same problem and will share my solution to the chafing.
I buy special underpants that look like leggings, but are specifically made to be worn as underwear. So the fabric is a lot thinner and cooler than a legging. The brand I buy is called "Sloggi", I don't know if this is an internationally known brand (I'm in The Netherlands). They sell them in black, white and tan. Most stores that carry the brand don't sell this specific type, but online I find a lot of webshops that carry them. 

sloggi-women-basic-long_600x1000_30733.png

13 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Jeremy's bulging eye trap is even more apparent in the group shot with Jinger and the other guys.

:D:D:D I can't stop laughing. 

But regardless, I am very glad that Jinger is wearing pants. In addition, I actually think it's more modest than the very tight pencil skirts or skirts that ride up. With longer pants like these, there is no danger of a crotch glitch. 

@adidas: Mhm, I kind of agree, but kind of disagree as well. There is a difference between being fearfully submissive and having a loving marriage. In the Duggar household, a lot of things seem to be done with guilt-tripping, essentially, and a lot of other mind games a la "we don't want to be like those people" etc. Passive aggressiveness and emotional manipulation tend to run high in those kinds of households. So Jinger may have already wanted to wear pants for a long time, but had she brought that to her parents they may have said something like "our house, our rules - we have told you what God considers modest dressing standards, and that is something that is close to our heart. So little Jinger please go and think about God's dressing standards" and that would be the end of the conversation, even if she was 21 years old. 
Her wearing pants of course does not alter her beliefs; I don't believe in the tooth fairy whether I wear stripes or polka dots today. But what it does mean is that Jinger is finally allowed to think for herself, and she can put that into action. Why are we so sure that she asked Jeremy's permission? I think it is 100% possible that she just said "hi hun, as you know my parents always wanted me to wear skirts but I actually think longer shorts and long pants are totally modest. So please if they say something, can you back me on this?" and he may have said "Sure, I agree! Modesty is important, but I agree with you 100% that that doesn't mean only skirts. Love you" End of conversation. Which to me sounds like a functional marriage. Of course, this is interpreted as well. But we don't know what Jinger and Jeremy's day to day interactions are like. But I'm pretty certain that their rules are a lot less rigid, simply because 1) they are recently married and 2) they don't have 19 kids and 3) they are not actively involved with Gothard's cult, but an independent "normal" church with lots of normal people around in Laredo and not just the Duggar-curated Few. 4) Jeremy seems like a normal person with mainstream evangelical beliefs in the post-salvation happy years. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Now, if @evolutionbaby joked that someone had to win a paintball or laser gun duel in order to qualify for a gun license, that could be kind of entertaining to picture.

I got the joke, especially given the user name, but see how it could be missed and in poor taste. I think the idea was that its cutting gun ownership drastically every new license application and making people really consider if they want a gun.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived