IGNORED

JinJer 27?: Wearing Black Pants in the Heat of Laredo

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think some people are naturally chilly a lot of the time. 

Also if you are spending most of your day in air conditioning, sometimes pants are necessary. Some places blast the AC.

That was the comment I was trying to make. I wear pants all the time, and me wearing shorts is a rarity. Not everyone wants to wear shorts, and we should really not be all how dare she wear pants when it’s hot about it imho. 

Related: I fucking hate air conditioning. It does not need to be 68 fucking degrees in summer. Stop public places, stahp!

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Related: I fucking hate air conditioning. It does not need to be 68 fucking degrees in summer. Stop public places, stahp!

I would gladly take the AC! Sleeping in a room with 86F is just great. :crying-yellow:

I'm all for saving energy for the environment (or rather money, because those things are so expensive to run), but ACs should be a human right.

Sincerly Gobbles who can't stand the heat.

1 minute ago, Gobbles said:

I would gladly take the AC! Sleeping in a room with 86F is just great. :crying-yellow:

I'm all for saving energy for the environment (or rather money, because those things are so expensive to run), but ACs should be a human right.

Sincerly Gobbles who can't stand the heat.

I completely agree with you, but there’s being cool and so cold that you need a bloody sweater in August. It’s the keeping things freezing I object to. I routinely see AC set in the 60s and that’s just bloody ridiculous. 

I’m trying to convince mister that we need one for our room. 85 degrees IS too hot to sleep. A nice 76 or so would do nicely. 

We are supposed to sing this topic title to the tune of "Streets of Laredo," yes?

The bookstore I frequent is usually around 60 something degrees in summer. If you see a woman in skinny jeans, converse and some type of ratty cardigan over a tee, say hello!

If we go to something outdoors like one of the local brewery/food truck places then it's less clothes all the way. 

I did find some black leggings that say "temperature control" on them. I have not tested them out yet.

My husband has the AC set on an outrageous low temperature.The boys used to tease me and say I should wear a parka in the house.Even ,post menopause,I still get cold in the house.

Jing looks SO cute and 'normal' there! 

My daughter is an opposites kid, does tshirts and jeans in the summer but likes shorts in the fall/winter.

42 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

The bookstore I frequent is usually around 60 something degrees in summer. If you see a woman in skinny jeans, converse and some type of ratty cardigan over a tee, say hello!

Girl, who do you think you are, stealing my uniform?! :pb_lol:

I've been spending way too much time Duggar watching and procrastinating lately... Anyhow, I googled Duggar again, and it seems three more gossip sites are talking about Jinger 'hiding a baby bump' in the latest pants pic. WHATEVER. :pb_rollseyes:

This has me wondering how badly her own parents are harassing her about when she'll make them a grand baby. We saw her narc of a sister questioning her on the show, I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. No wonder she wanted to get the hell out of Arkansas.

Forget the pants. She's got writing on her shirt that goes across her chest. Hello, eyetrap! (I really don't know if the Duggars care about this bit of Gothardelia or not, but I figure it should be worth at least a little flurry of excitement. Pants get all the attention.) :pantsonfire:

1 hour ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Mustard cardigan, right?

21 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I've been spending way too much time Duggar watching and procrastinating lately... Anyhow, I googled Duggar again, and it seems three more gossip sites are talking about Jinger 'hiding a baby bump' in the latest pants pic. WHATEVER. :pb_rollseyes:

Yes, because skinny jeans are A+ for hiding baby bumps. I can't even wear mine after I develop a burrito bump, FFS.

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yes, because skinny jeans are A+ for hiding baby bumps. I can't even wear mine after I develop a burrito bump, FFS.

I was just about to say the same thing. I just had some ice cream and whoa...yeah it's time to find the yoga pants! :P 

My boss had a pretty decent looking pair of maternity skinny jeans (jeggings) which looked normal from a distance (as long as the panel didn't show), and she wore them early in her pregnancy because they were comfy. Still, I agree @ViolaSebastian, the bump speculation is ridiculous. If she were really hiding a bump we'd probably not be seeing a full body shot, and she'd likely be wearing looser clothing.

No mustard cardigan here, just a basic black boyfriend cardigan (pockets!) but if I ever see one I might get it. 

I have stretchy skinny jeans that sit on the waist that I live in. I might look 4 mos pregnant after I eat but I look that way in yoga pants too. 

Jinger needs this on a shirt the next time her sisters ask the pregnancy question. She could reveal it Izzy (I'm a big brother) style.

Spoiler

IMG_6126.thumb.PNG.e6ebd8a1430f91d9888e853231d30e78.PNG

@Gobbles AC should definitely be a universal right. I was shocked when I got to my expensive New England liberal arts college and found not even a ceiling fan in the dorms. 

I blame experiencing winter for my recent inability to deal with Caribbean heat. There are two fans on me right now. 

I dare someone to tell me global warming isn't real. They can come to my house and experience it! 

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

We are supposed to sing this topic title to the tune of "Streets of Laredo," yes?

I see that song in one of my piano books and I think of them. I wondered who would be the first to mention it.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

I completely agree with you, but there’s being cool and so cold that you need a bloody sweater in August. It’s the keeping things freezing I object to. I routinely see AC set in the 60s and that’s just bloody ridiculous. 

I’m trying to convince mister that we need one for our room. 85 degrees IS too hot to sleep. A nice 76 or so would do nicely. 

I used to go to the Dubai Mall frequently when I was in that neck of the woods, and often wished they rented parkas as the entrance.  I always felt freezing there.  I could easily go outside and warm up...but still.  Brrr

At work, it's usually an ice box in summer, especially since my desk is right under a vent. We legit wear blankets in the morning when it's coldest. I also keep a tank top in my drawer for the periodic "surprise, the AC is broken" day. 

3 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

At work, it's usually an ice box in summer, especially since my desk is right under a vent. We legit wear blankets in the morning when it's coldest. I also keep a tank top in my drawer for the periodic "surprise, the AC is broken" day. 

I have a fleece, a blanket, and gloves. I work with (mostly) men, who think it's "comfortable." I've been known to use my "illegal" space heater and then my fan on the same day.

I used to work nights in a hospital and the day shift would show up on steamy July mornings sweating while I had on a cashmere sweater to get me through the A.C. the night before. 

5 hours ago, Destiny said:

Ugh76 is miserably hot.  I always work in offices where I need 2 fans and I still sweat because ONE woman in the office is cold, everyone else is miserable but she's happy.  I like it at 72/73 at work we keep our house at 72 in the summer and 66 in the winter until the the temp goes below 20 then we turn it up to 68.  We a turn the heat down to 63 in the winter and we all sleep with a fan.  We are nuts, and we know it.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived