IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

How old is Calia? I'm starting to wonder when we'll be getting an announcement from Joseph and Elissa about the next one.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kpmom said:

Ouch, that finger looks painful.

The Maxwells are grateful for good medical care, but would never allow their children to go into medicine, as Christopher well knows. 

Did he think what might have been while he watched the doctors and nurses work on his daughter's finger?

Also, Joshua is losing that toddler look and really growing up.  Is he about 6 now?

I get the sense that the Maxwells, like a lot of fundies, justify the whole educated medical professionals thing with "oh, they're heathens and we're still superior to them because JESUSSSSSSSSSS. But still, thanks for saving the life of our micropreemie, patching up our toddler's hand, doing an emergency C-section on my wife who only cared about the sort of prenatal care that would help her plan a gender reveal party, vaccinating our children, making all of our children have uniformly bright white smiles to compliment their dead, soulless eyes, and monitoring our multiple high-risk pregnancies!"

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

How old is Calia? I'm starting to wonder when we'll be getting an announcement from Joseph and Elissa about the next one.

She's almost 8 months. Definitely getting time for another announcement, but hopefully it'll be closer to her first birthday. 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I get the sense that the Maxwells, like a lot of fundies, justify the whole educated medical professionals thing with "oh, they're heathens and we're still superior to them because JESUSSSSSSSSSS. But still, thanks for saving the life of our micropreemie, patching up our toddler's hand, doing an emergency C-section on my wife who only cared about the sort of prenatal care that would help her plan a gender reveal party, vaccinating our children, making all of our children have uniformly bright white smiles to compliment their dead, soulless eyes, and monitoring our multiple high-risk pregnancies!"

Also, if the good lord had wanted them to go into medicine he would have...I don't know, done magic or something so they could. What can they do though? If it's not His will, their hands are tied. They will just have to make use of all the hardworking, educated, clever heathens then go home and pray for their souls. Or something. Oh, and judge the everlovin' shit out of them for not doing life right. 

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

She's almost 8 months. Definitely getting time for another announcement, but hopefully it'll be closer to her first birthday. 

Somehow I was thinking she had already had her birthday. Hopefully they'll wait a little longer.

Anna-marie.. that poor girl. She just looks miserable. I'm hoping that somehow her husband will give her a break on kids. 

Not that it helps much that her dresses are even more drab than Sarah ect. 

I'm probably being an asshole by saying this, but I get the feeling that when something like this - an emergency situation - happens in the Mawell family, rather than it being a huge inconvenience and disruption to regular life that it is for normal people, it takes on a certain tone of excitement. Something to break up the monotony of their lives. Something to blog about.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying they weren't concerned for Ruthanne, because I'm sure they were. 

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

Somehow I was thinking she had already had her birthday. Hopefully they'll wait a little longer.

They may be waiting for Jesus to open her womb, but I doubt any other kind of waiting is going on.

1 hour ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Anna-marie.. that poor girl. She just looks miserable. I'm hoping that somehow her husband will give her a break on kids. 

Not that it helps much that her dresses are even more drab than Sarah ect. 

Not sure about it. She seems extremely fundie. She's probably the most loved daughter-in-law at Maxwells. Anna-Marie is heavily scheduling kids life (including controlling time for playing! For a 5 year old!!!). I think she is stronger than Christopher and she's ok with her life. I feel for that kids. Probably ABCD kids are way happier and less trained, because Melanie seems much more relaxed.

6 hours ago, Myfanwy said:

Also, if the good lord had wanted them to go into medicine he would have...I don't know, done magic or something so they could. What can they do though? If it's not His will, their hands are tied. They will just have to make use of all the hardworking, educated, clever heathens then go home and pray for their souls. Or something. Oh, and judge the everlovin' shit out of them for not doing life right. 

And if the lord does end up calling you to medicine, you don't even need a high school education; just get a fancy piece of paper printed from the Diploma template of Microsoft Word after you take an extremely basic test on midwifery and attend a couple of births with a similarly credentialed midwife who has a track record of botched births caused by her own incompetence.

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Not sure about it. She seems extremely fundie. She's probably the most loved daughter-in-law at Maxwells. Anna-Marie is heavily scheduling kids life (including controlling time for playing! For a 5 year old!!!). I think she is stronger than Christopher and she's ok with her life. I feel for that kids. Probably ABCD kids are way happier and less trained, because Melanie seems much more relaxed.

True, but I did read when snooping through the blog that she has veracous veins that make her sit/lie down alot. So much so that Sarah and Co made burritos for her to freeze so hubby won't suffer pressing buttons on the microwave instead of actually maybe cooking something for himself. 

1 hour ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

True, but I did read when snooping through the blog that she has veracous veins that make her sit/lie down alot. So much so that Sarah and Co made burritos for her to freeze so hubby won't suffer pressing buttons on the microwave instead of actually maybe cooking something for himself. 

Veracous veins can make delivery dangerous. Or at least I think so (if I'm wrong, please tell me). So maybe this time she'll go to a hospital. I can't ever imagine having a 4, 2 and 1 years old kids and having to lie down a lot. I suppose aunties are probably helping  (it's maybe the only benefit of being a Maxwell) but still.

And the same old question, what does Christopher do all day?

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Always thought Anna-Marie was totally fine with her life as a Maxwell DIL.   I think Christopher found a needle in a haystack when it came to finding a woman who would be content with the Maxwell life.   Not surprised that she's into the scheduling even at this point with young children.  Melanie, OTOH, seems more relaxed, it may be due to her more mainstream life and she also has her own family nearby which might help keep her grounded in the non Maxhell world.  

Though fervently wish that Anna-Marie would dump the frumpers.  While she looks good, the style does her no favors.    When she was photographed at the brother's wedding, the more stylish clothing, relatively speaking, completely transformed her IMHO.

Count me among those surprised there was no praise of Jesus/LORD/Dad in the post. Were they actually giving medical professionals credit for taking care of the situation instead of the LORD? That is just so non-Maxwellian of them.

Ruthy is cute. She has much more of her mother in her than her father. The others got too much Maxwell in their genetic code.

NR Anna has been looking less than glowing lately. Maybe she's having a rough pregnancy - at least, I hope that's what it is. Not that I want her to have bad pregnancies, but because if it isn't a rough pregnancy, the Maxwells have finally worn her down and that is just sad. She seemed to be truly and supremely happy with her lot in life; the only Maxwell I've ever seen who's joy actually did radiate from her eyes. But, even the most fundie of women can be shat on by Steve and I fear that has happened to her.

I think Anna- Marie is the right DIL for them. She had written in a post about she read a few of their books before she even met Christopher. 

New post up.  Anna, Mary, Elissa, and Calia went shopping.  Guess that is a huge FUCK YOU to all of us who thought that J n E were keeping some distance from Maxhell.  Hi Steve!

Mary? Why are you wearing what looks like five year old's rain boots/galoshes. Also, they actually went to/go to Ikea?!?! I thought all Fundies hated Scandinavians. Or maybe that's just PP

Hobby Lobby and Ikea are a weird shopping combination unless Ikea is a like a palate cleanser after the tackiness of HL.

They had the first grandson in Ikea bibs and may have some other Ikea items.  It makes sense for many things.  

Isn't IKEA also fairly cheap? I know they tout buying used, but if stuff is fairly cheap to begin with they probably don't mind buying that stuff new. I know Joseph and Elissa got a used grill for Christmas once. They don't go on and on and on about buying used like Erika Shupe does. Maybe they do a mix of both.

Maybe this is a little too much snark, but I loathe the whole random words and artfully-rusted tacky shit on the wall thing that fundies love to do. I know that it's more because my personal taste runs towards more simple, clean lines (so basically the Ikea aesthetic), but I just think that putting giant "LOVE", "FAMILY", "JESUS", and "EZEKIEL 25:17" decals on your living room wall looks really silly.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Maybe this is a little too much snark, but I loathe the whole random words and artfully-rusted tacky shit on the wall thing that fundies love to do. I know that it's more because my personal taste runs towards more simple, clean lines (so basically the Ikea aesthetic), but I just think that putting giant "LOVE", "FAMILY", "JESUS", and "EZEKIEL 25:17" decals on your living room wall looks really silly.

But... but... without a huge JESUS sign on the wall how are you supposed to know what to think about 24/7? 

12 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I think Anna- Marie is the right DIL for them. She had written in a post about she read a few of their books before she even met Christopher. 

She also had the Good Person test on her goat soap web site.

Honestly, she seems to fit right in.

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

She also had the Good Person test on her goat soap web site.

Honestly, she seems to fit right in.

She most Deffently does!!  She dosen't mind being isolated from her family. 

11 hours ago, Manda said:

They had the first grandson in Ikea bibs and may have some other Ikea items.  It makes sense for many things.  

Maxwells and Ikea somehow go together for me. Practical, a bit bland, economical. 

But you know Steve's gotta be a dick and won't let anyone try the meatballs. :(

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived