IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Oh. My. God. That letter. I've never seen it before. That is awful! Just sad and pathetic and miserable and it wreaks of confusion. Had I written that, even my selfish ex husband would have done all in his power to keep the kids in school. Then again, for as bad as things became with my ex, in the beginning, had I felt like that he'd have known long before writing a letter to my parents and the homeschool shit never would have been an issue.

What the hell happened to Steve to make him fear life and the world and decide to wrap himself and his family in a fucked up, desperate, cocoon with him as supreme leader? What made that man go off the deep end and ultimately screw the lives of his entire family?

I'm shocked at the letter but I'm even more shocked they see it as a motivating thing - as something to share with others to 'prove' their way is the right way.

May their god have mercy on their souls.

I don't think Steve is afraid of life, per se. I think he's more afraid of death. The idea of going to hell scares the shit of him, and it's a fear he's decided everyone else around him should have. The only way he deals with his fear is through convincing himself that he's going to heaven, but other people aren't. 

Tells you a lot about the man. 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I don't think Steve is afraid of life, per se. I think he's more afraid of death. The idea of going to hell scares the shit of him, and it's a fear he's decided everyone else around him should have. The only way he deals with his fear is through convincing himself that he's going to heaven, but other people aren't. 

Tells you a lot about the man. 

He is definitely terrified of death. But, I still believe he is fearful of life. He cries at the sight of women and was so scared to work with them he quit his job and 'came home' to start the dog & pony show. He's terrified of the influence of other people on himself and his family to the extent that they pulled the kids out of everything, quit real church and only associate with the elderly. Thus, no threat. They've spent years writing and selling the idea of family only/no need for friends, not reading any books or even listening to or reading the news. Every piece of information his offspring have received has been filtered through Steve and his fears. He's even scared he raised his family wrong because he doesn't trust a single one of them to do the right thing without his influence/protection/guidance/involvement, or at the very least that of a sibling always being present. The dude is so scared of life that he can't function in any part of it.

In the infamous letter... Teri states the main reason they are homeschooling is to give the kids more time for their interests. :shock: They sound like different people. The Teri and Steve of today care little for someone's interests. It's Bible, exercise, Bible, yard work, Bible, bed in that house. 

7 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh man, now I have Roseanne's laugh from the opening sequence in my head...

How about Danny, Jesse, Joey, DJ, Stephanie and Michelle? More late 80s but still :D

Maybe try Cliff, Clair, Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy? Five kids--could almost be a godly QF family...

Esther , Rose, and Agnes? From "Meet Me in St. Louis."   I'd include Tootie but that would give it away for sure. 

20 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

In the infamous letter... Teri states the main reason they are homeschooling is to give the kids more time for their interests. :shock: They sound like different people. The Teri and Steve of today care little for someone's interests. It's Bible, exercise, Bible, yard work, Bible, bed in that house. 

Same people. They've just stopped veiling their insanity and are open about it. They never pulled the kids out of school so they could pursue their interests. If that were the case, they wouldn't have also pulled them out of sports and music and everything else they may have expressed interest in.

Even Grandma (GGM) has to wear that horrid jean skirt? I guess it's better than the pink ensemble.

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Even Grandma (GGM) has to wear that horrid jean skirt? I guess it's better than the pink ensemble.

IIRC she did wear slacks when she and Granddad went on a cruise.

NR Anna looks like she was hosed down with Pepto Bismol.

Joshua looks like he wants to go join the penguins.

31 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Joshua looks like he wants to go join the penguins.

Abby looks like she is completly over it.

I'm putting my mean girl badge on, but sorry, pink is just not Anna Marie's color. She has rosacea, and wearing pink only emphasizes it. Purple or blue would be a lot nicer. Or at least avoid pink shirts/jackets and wear it on a skirt.

A new Ellie post!  She is 5 months old and what a beauty!!

A commenter said Sarah is smiling from ear to ear with her Ellie, and I have to agree.  It's nice seeing her so happy.

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

A new Ellie She is 5 months old aawaynd what a beauty!!

A commenter said Sarah is smiling from ear to ear with her Ellie, and I have to agree.  It's nice seeing her so happy.

I hope Steve doesnt declare Ellie an idol and take her away

New video up of Ruthie and Calia playing together. Not watched it but seems cute.

Calia is only laughing cause it is her reflection.  Bah.  So really guys, don't worry.  She isn't really having fun.  Gah

I'm happy for Sarah that she finally has something in her life that makes her happy, but I'm finding these Ellie updates about as exciting at the weekly pregnancy chalkboard updates other people put on their blogs. Enough already. 

On 5/17/2016 at 11:22 PM, SPHASH said:

I hope Steve doesnt declare Ellie an idol and take her away

I hope not, too.  But, I doubt Steve would have let her have a dog unless he wanted the dog, but not all of the work of said dog.

8 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I'm happy for Sarah that she finally has something in her life that makes her happy, but I'm finding these Ellie updates about as exciting at the weekly pregnancy chalkboard updates other people put on their blogs. Enough already. 

I hear you. I guess when you don't work despite being young, able-bodied, intelligent and healthy, and only interact with close relatives, the dog growing up is headline news. It's a perpetual childhood. 

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I hear you. I guess when you don't work despite being young, able-bodied, intelligent and healthy, and only interact with close relatives, the dog growing up is headline news. It's a perpetual childhood. 

True. And I guess hearing about the dog is more exciting than hearing about them cleaning ceiling fans. I'm constantly amazed by how boring their lives are. I lead an ordinary, suburban life and yet it looks like a never-ending thrill ride compared to their lives. 

14 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

True. And I guess hearing about the dog is more exciting than hearing about them cleaning ceiling fans. I'm constantly amazed by how boring their lives are. I lead an ordinary, suburban life and yet it looks like a never-ending thrill ride compared to their lives. 

Yeah, my life is basically wake up, work on dissertation, maybe go work out, do more work on dissertation, occasionally go out with friends, not terribly exciting, and reading through the Maxwell blog is like being assaulted by a giant wall of beige.

8 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I hope not, too.  But, I doubt Steve would have let her have a dog unless he wanted the dog, but not all of the work of said dog.

But.....Dog backwards is God.. 

:pb_lol:

I predicted that Ellie was going to be featured prominently in the blog because she is cute and they have so little to write about.  Of course Sarah is head over heels in love with her since there isn't much joy in her life, nothing to focus her attention on except her nieces and nephews.  The situation reminds me of a prison inmate allowed to keep a dog-- naturally that dog is going to get a lot of love and affection.

Unfortunately Ellie's life is just as small and boring as the rest of the Maxwells and Sarah doesn't have enough imagination to do otherwise.  My husband and I have a Facebook account for our dog and we post once or twice a week, however my dog goes biking with us, kayaking, swimming,  to the dog park. to dog fairs, and to the pub.  She also learns new tricks, dresses up, and gets lots of new toys and treats.  All with amusing commentary. We never just post pictures-- we write little stories or make up silly situations. 

I think they could make the Ellie posts more interesing by saying what sort training they are doing with her. Like, can she sit and stay now? Can she do any tricks? Are they doing any obstacle course type stuff with her? That sort of thing. 

When I went to the site to check out the next boring blog post, I was surprised to see the banner read "every mom deserves a stress free life." 

Mostly it surprised me because I can't imagine the Maxwells believing anybody deserved anything. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived