IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I think they could make the Ellie posts more interesing by saying what sort training they are doing with her. Like, can she sit and stay now? Can she do any tricks? Are they doing any obstacle course type stuff with her? That sort of thing. 

Ellie is learning to read, starting with Genesis.  Then comes climbing a ladder to dust ceiling fans with her tail.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I think they could make the Ellie posts more interesing by saying what sort training they are doing with her. Like, can she sit and stay now? Can she do any tricks? Are they doing any obstacle course type stuff with her? That sort of thing. 

A part of me is just praying that they aren't "training her up" Pearls style. Though a few posts back they seemed to indicate that they were doing pretty run-of-the-mill positive reinforcement with treats with her.

Sarah's level of imagination only sees a tv box. Not a portal to Robot-Pirate island.

Cookie to whomever knows my reference!! :tw_cookie:

Seriously though, man poor Sarah. I guess if anything its got to be better to have a puppy than a truck load of kids. 

Speaking of puppy's here is mine.. she is a 'idol' of mine as I spoil her more than I should.2016-04-11 11.15.15.jpg

Seriously, some days I just don't *get* the stay-at-home adult daughter thing. Like, you are so certain your daughter will be a stay-at-home-mom someday that you get her started in her teen years by...just staying home. Then what if prince-support-a-family-on-one-income-debt-free-while-fertilizing-many-godly-eggs never comes? It's a bizarre gamble to make with someone's youth.

Usually the SAHD work (for no wages) for the family business / bringing up the younger arrows, so it actually makes economic sense for the parents to keep the slaves for themselves as long as possible.

It means considering children as sources of free labour rather than individuals with their own hopes and dreams, but, well, we know how fundies think, don't we.

11 hours ago, Granwych said:

Ellie is learning to read, starting with Genesis.  Then comes climbing a ladder to dust ceiling fans with her tail.

And when she's not busy with her household responsibilities, she's being cute and friendly to bait strangers.  They come over to compliment her and get an earful of Jesus in return.

Seriously, what to these people DO all day? Homeschooling is done, conferences have dried up to a trickle and I'm assuming book sales along with them. So not counting the Maxwell menz, you've got two parents and 3 unmarried adults at home all day doing WHAT? Writing and illustrating Moody books can only take up so much time. Do the girls spend all day butting into business at the homes of their married siblings?

What do their leghumpers find so admirable about the Maxwell way of life? I'm bored into a coma just thinking about it.

8 hours ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Sarah's level of imagination only sees a tv box. Not a portal to Robot-Pirate island.

Seriously though, man poor Sarah. I guess if anything its got to be better to have a puppy than a truck load of kids. 

Speaking of puppy's here is mine.. she is a 'idol' of mine as I spoil her more than I should.2016-04-11 11.15.15.jpg

Spongebob, right? The box episode?

7 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Spongebob, right? The box episode?

:tw_cookie::tw_cookie::tw_cookie:

You got it!! Although good ol Steve fits Squidward perfectly.

Here is my little darling dressed up for Halloween.  On our blog we pretended this was her French cousin, Fifi. Actually we pretended that our dog, Saga, was pretending to be her cousin, Fifi.

I had fun with the props.  The idea for the photo shoot came about because I had bought a bottle of absinthe-- something that Sarah could never dare to do. 

Saga Halloween 2015.JPG

18 hours ago, Granwych said:

So, at what age are Maxwell dogs given chore packs and start weekly check-ins with Stevehovah?

At this point, Sarah's jumped the shark. She's not a SAHD, she's an Old-Age Prop In Training. 

On May 18, 2016 at 4:21 PM, FundieFarmer said:

I'm sorry can't figure out how to undo the quote from FFarmer. @SolomonFundy writes that Poor Sarsh's now am "old age prop in training."  Harsh but true. I think of my grandaunt, who had great talent and achievement as a pianist, she even fell in mutual love with a local man who sadly turned out to be a first cousin. So she lived as a SAHD and provided care for her parents way before automatic water heaters and electric laundry machine and ... well, you get it. 

Thing is, after her folks passed, she lived in a bachelor brother's house and enjoyed life and her brothers' children, church and social life. 

She knew what it was to love and be loved. She lived a nice full life with the respect and honor of her family. Lived to be 102, BTW, with all her marbles and ambulatory. 

She had it much better than Poor Sarah, just MHO. 

On May 19, 2016 at 5:42 AM, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Baby casserole is a fan of your puppy. Excuse his bad hair day and his bed-head-beard. Salt and pepper schnauzers unite. 

IMG_2619-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Casserole said:

Baby casserole is a fan of your puppy. Excuse his bad hair day and his bed-head-beard. Salt and pepper schnauzers unite. 

IMG_2619-1.jpg

Awww, Oh my Thor he is ADORBS!! 

:my_heart:

Ruthanne hurt her finger and had to go to the ER... Poor little girl.

She's gorgeous... The only one of Christopher's spawn. (I'm mean I know).

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Ruthanne hurt her finger and had to go to the ER... Poor little girl.

She's gorgeous... The only one of Christopher's spawn. (I'm mean I know).

She's a cutie, and I hope the finger heals well, but this didn't strike me as a typical Maxwell post; e.g., they appreciated the great medical care but there wasn't a single mention of Jesus.  I would have expected to read about them praying like crazy when she was in the ER then saying how the hands of the doctors were guided by the Lord.

It seemed really normal...which really has me wondering.  Someone got her balloons.  Joshua helped make cookies.

Poor little Ruthie.  

I just got home after a week in Cancun.  All I can say is the Maxwells are really missing out on life.

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

She's a cutie, and I hope the finger heals well, but this didn't strike me as a typical Maxwell post; e.g., they appreciated the great medical care but there wasn't a single mention of Jesus.  I would have expected to read about them praying like crazy when she was in the ER then saying how the hands of the doctors were guided by the Lord.

It seemed really normal...which really has me wondering.  Someone got her balloons.  Joshua helped make cookies.

I would have expected them to mention that poor little Ruthie didn't watch any TV at all but the other heathen children in the ER were completely absorbed in The Beast and would probably get MRSA or something as punishment for not being Godly enough.

11 hours ago, Dandruff said:

This *is *tres* weird! 

God gets their thanks for a surprise iPhone case but not for the successful emergency surgery on a toddler's mashed (possibly partly severed) finger?  

What, indeed, is going on there?

Had another Maxwell dream last bite.  They posted on the blog that John got married but they wouldn't reveal the unlucky bride's name, just like him going to mystery country.

Ouch, that finger looks painful.

The Maxwells are grateful for good medical care, but would never allow their children to go into medicine, as Christopher well knows. 

Did he think what might have been while he watched the doctors and nurses work on his daughter's finger?

Also, Joshua is losing that toddler look and really growing up.  Is he about 6 now?

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Ouch, that finger looks painful.

The Maxwells are grateful for good medical care, but would never allow their children to go into medicine, as Christopher well knows. 

Did he think what might have been while he watched the doctors and nurses work on his daughter's finger?

Also, Joshua is losing that toddler look and really growing up.  Is he about 6 now?

Nah, Joshua is only about 4, or just under. He's two weeks older than Christina, they were both born in 2012.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived